New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

04-26-2022, 03:46 PM   #23
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Was going to state very similar viewpoint. My other add would be in contrast to this as the demographic of the 7 may not use all the tech or be comfortable with it, however, as I type this I’m thinking that the generation who might now have this disposable income and has matured, probably grew up using tech so won’t be too foreign of concepts.
The thing is that even people who are say in their early 60s now were in their late 30s during the dot com boom. The internet was a thing, technology was a thing, etc. so older clientele should be more well versed in tech than prior generations. A lot of people work in tech/software now too, so the modern consumer prioritizes that 1st when shopping for a car (much to the chagrin of us enthusiasts).

Plus this car is going to be priced right in line with the Model S and Lucid Air, both of which seem to have a younger buying demographic than what this segment attracts traditionally. BMW has to entice those customers. One of my more senior colleagues is in his mid 50s and drives a 530e, but has a Lucid Air on order.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 10:08 PM   #24
Hi
Rep

Drives: BMW X5

I might be the minority, but I have never found the G05's dual 12" screens distracting during the day or night, or tempted to fiddle with the iDrive while driving. The auto-climate always keeps me comfortable, and steering wheel and seat heaters are set via climate rules. Navigation, DMs and Spotify are controlled via voice inputs, and DAPP controls the car. I feel more bored than distracted.

The idrive (nearly the same size as the rear door screens) and headlight eyebrow are still original in my 2008 E60 at ~150K miles. And I still have a working Sumsung TV from early 2000s. The tech in question has been pretty durable from my experience.

I wonder how long the integrated FireTV app will be supported.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 03:46 AM   #25
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Drives: M2C

Tech these days are reliable?

My 2008 Nokia 8810 (all my Nokia actually) is still working fine where as my iPhone X has stopped working 2 years ago after repairs and repairs. All my other iPhones ran like crap after 1.5 years. My iPhone 12 is now having reception issue...
Appreciate 1
Sublime001137.00