Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
jaaz
CArbon BlAck
jaaz's Avatar
15
Rep
267
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X5 35i SAV
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

New GT5: Prologue Pictures of 135i

I found these today. Pretty damn nice.










Here's another cool one:




I think there's more on the site. Perhaps someone can link to them. I'm at work and firewalls being what they are...
__________________
2011 X5 35i SAV Carbon Black M-Sport / Tech / Conv / CA / Twin Recaro Kid-Booster Seats
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
amazzzin
Guest
0
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


Im buying PS3 now.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
amazzzin
Guest
0
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


Time crisis + GT5.... nice
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Zeiss
Lieutenant Colonel
Zeiss's Avatar
No_Country
224
Rep
1,864
Posts

 
Drives: Bicycle
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are teasing us with the evo on aftermekt wheels and dual exhaust!!!!


















Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #5
N54YO
Lieutenant
N54YO's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
423
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335/2005 Scion tC
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Leandro, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to N54YO
Holy....anybody know when this game supposed to hit?
__________________

2008 BMW E92 335i
Sparkling Graphite/Coral Red/Grey Poplar
Sport/Navi/Premium/Comfort/iPod/6-Speed Manual
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
OC Guy
General
OC Guy's Avatar
United_States
408
Rep
18,124
Posts

 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC Guy Send a message via MSN to OC Guy
Good stuff.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #7
jaaz
CArbon BlAck
jaaz's Avatar
15
Rep
267
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X5 35i SAV
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Here's the full press release:

"Vehicles, Tracks and Additional Features Confirmed for Gran Turismo(TM)5 Prologue in North America

Famed Racing Franchise's 5th Installment Will Include Over 60 Vehicles, Six
Tracks and a Host of Additional Features for North American PLAYSTATION(R)3
Users

FOSTER CITY, Calif., March 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer
Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) announced today the robust vehicle
roster, track list and a host of additional features for the April 17 North
American availability of Gran Turismo(TM)5 Prologue, exclusively on
PLAYSTATION(R)3 (PS3(TM)). Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is the latest
installment of the billion dollar selling racing franchise and intense
precursor to Gran Turismo(TM)5. Headlining the roster of over 60 vehicles
and 14 additional tuned cars is the Ferrari 599, the Nissan GT-R and the
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic. Players can race these cars and many more around
six meticulously rendered tracks, including Daytona International
Speedway(R), London City track and a series favorite, High Speed Ring.
Furthermore, additional features will be available to North American
consumers, including a Drift Mode, Car Tuning, two-player split screen
racing and a new set of offline and online Race Events.

"This impressive vehicle lineup and the additional features that cater
to North American racing fans are great compliments to Gran Turismo 5
Prologue's stunning 1080p graphics and revolutionary online features," said
Scott A. Steinberg, vice president, product marketing, SCEA. "Fans are sure
to be pleased with the first Gran Turismo product for sale on PLAYSTATION
3."



Vehicle Roster
Acura NSX '91
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06
Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS
Art Morrison Corvette'60
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07
Blitz Dunlop ER34 '07
BMW 135i Coupe '07
BMW 135tii '08
BMW M3 Coupe '07
BMW Z4 '03
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) Tuned Car
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06
Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '06
Clio Renault Sport V6 24V Tuned Car
Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
Dodge Viper GTS
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe Tuned Car
Ferrari 512BB '76
Ferrari 599 '06
Ferrari F40 '92
Ferrari F430 '06
Ford Focus ST '06
Ford GT '05
Ford GT Tuned Car
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Honda Integra TYPE R '04
Honda NSX Type R '02
Jaguar XK Coupe '06
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Lexus IS F '07
Lexus IS F Tuned Car
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Lotus Elise 111R Tuned Car
Lotus Elise '96
Lotus Elise Tuned Car
Mazda Atenza Sport (2007 Tokyo Motor Show reference exhibit)
Mazda RX-7 (FD) Special Tuned Car
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) Tuned Car
Mazda RX-8 Type S '03
Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG '02
Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06
Mini Cooper-S '06
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Tuned Car
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR Tuned Car
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S '07
Nissan GT-R '07
Nissan GT-R Proto '05
Nissan Skyline Coupe (V36) Tuned Car
Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept '07
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
Peugeot 207GTI '07
Peugeot 307cc Premium AVN '04
RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
Subaru Impreza WRX STI (18inch BBS Wheel Option) '07
Suzuki Cappuccino '95
Suzuki Cappuccino Tuned Car
Suzuki Cervo SR '07
Suzuki Swift Sport '07
Suzuki Swift Sport Tuned Car
TVR Tamora '02
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
Volkswagen Golf GTI '01
Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
Track List

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will feature six tracks, each with two track
layouts.



Suzuka Circuit Eiger Nordwand
Fuji Speedway London City Track
Daytona International Speedway(R) High Speed Ring

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Additional Features for North America

-- Drift Mode -- The player's drifting technique is measured based on
drift angles, racing lines, and speeds within evaluation zones located
at various turns on the course.
-- In Depth Car Tuning -- Players have the ability to adjust the
vehicle's performance, including power, weight, tires and suspension.
-- Two-player Split Screen Racing -- Allows players to race head-to-head
against friends and foes offline.
-- New Race Events -- New racing events and time trials are available for
players to race both offline and online. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
supports up to 16 players racing online simultaneously.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will feature various innovative and
revolutionary modes to harness the PS3's capabilities while further
developing an automotive lifestyle and global community. Among them is Gran
Turismo(TM)TV, a new dedicated online channel available exclusively from
PLAYSTATION(R)Network that delivers worldwide motorsport programming and
manufacturer content. A new in-cockpit view features real-time gauges and
human animations that accurately represent the true performance and
handling of each vehicle. More dynamic and adjustable Artificial
Intelligence, a user homepage called My Page and a new physics engine round
out some of the other features players can expect in Gran Turismo 5
Prologue. To extend the realistic driving experience, Prologue is also
compatible with the new DUALSHOCK(R)3 wireless controller, which has
vibration functionality.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be available for $39.99 SRP on Blu-ray
Disc(TM) (BD) and as a download via PLAYSTATION(R)Store. The BD version
will offer added value with an exclusive behind-the-scenes High Definition
(HD) video feature called "Beyond the Apex".

The independent Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) rating for
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is "E" for "Everyone." For more information about
the ESRB visit http://www.esrb.org.

Please note that all Gran Turismo 5 Prologue press materials and assets
can be obtained online at SCEA's press center on the PS3 New/Upcoming
Software page:"
__________________
2011 X5 35i SAV Carbon Black M-Sport / Tech / Conv / CA / Twin Recaro Kid-Booster Seats
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #8
Zeiss
Lieutenant Colonel
Zeiss's Avatar
No_Country
224
Rep
1,864
Posts

 
Drives: Bicycle
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Here's the full press release:

"Vehicles, Tracks and Additional Features Confirmed for Gran Turismo(TM)5 Prologue in North America

Famed Racing Franchise's 5th Installment Will Include Over 60 Vehicles, Six
Tracks and a Host of Additional Features for North American PLAYSTATION(R)3
Users

FOSTER CITY, Calif., March 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer
Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) announced today the robust vehicle
roster, track list and a host of additional features for the April 17 North
American availability of Gran Turismo(TM)5 Prologue, exclusively on
PLAYSTATION(R)3 (PS3(TM)). Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is the latest
installment of the billion dollar selling racing franchise and intense
precursor to Gran Turismo(TM)5. Headlining the roster of over 60 vehicles
and 14 additional tuned cars is the Ferrari 599, the Nissan GT-R and the
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic. Players can race these cars and many more around
six meticulously rendered tracks, including Daytona International
Speedway(R), London City track and a series favorite, High Speed Ring.
Furthermore, additional features will be available to North American
consumers, including a Drift Mode, Car Tuning, two-player split screen
racing and a new set of offline and online Race Events.

"This impressive vehicle lineup and the additional features that cater
to North American racing fans are great compliments to Gran Turismo 5
Prologue's stunning 1080p graphics and revolutionary online features," said
Scott A. Steinberg, vice president, product marketing, SCEA. "Fans are sure
to be pleased with the first Gran Turismo product for sale on PLAYSTATION
3."



Vehicle Roster
Acura NSX '91
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06
Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
Amuse/Opera Performance Gran Turismo 350Z RS
Art Morrison Corvette'60
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07
Blitz Dunlop ER34 '07
BMW 135i Coupe '07
BMW 135tii '08
BMW M3 Coupe '07
BMW Z4 '03
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) Tuned Car
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06
Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '06
Clio Renault Sport V6 24V Tuned Car
Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
Dodge Viper GTS
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe Tuned Car
Ferrari 512BB '76
Ferrari 599 '06
Ferrari F40 '92
Ferrari F430 '06
Ford Focus ST '06
Ford GT '05
Ford GT Tuned Car
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Honda Integra TYPE R '04
Honda NSX Type R '02
Jaguar XK Coupe '06
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Lexus IS F '07
Lexus IS F Tuned Car
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Lotus Elise 111R Tuned Car
Lotus Elise '96
Lotus Elise Tuned Car
Mazda Atenza Sport (2007 Tokyo Motor Show reference exhibit)
Mazda RX-7 (FD) Special Tuned Car
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) Tuned Car
Mazda RX-8 Type S '03
Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG '02
Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06
Mini Cooper-S '06
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Tuned Car
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR Tuned Car
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S '07
Nissan GT-R '07
Nissan GT-R Proto '05
Nissan Skyline Coupe (V36) Tuned Car
Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept '07
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
Peugeot 207GTI '07
Peugeot 307cc Premium AVN '04
RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
Subaru Impreza WRX STI (18inch BBS Wheel Option) '07
Suzuki Cappuccino '95
Suzuki Cappuccino Tuned Car
Suzuki Cervo SR '07
Suzuki Swift Sport '07
Suzuki Swift Sport Tuned Car
TVR Tamora '02
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
Volkswagen Golf GTI '01
Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
Track List

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will feature six tracks, each with two track
layouts.



Suzuka Circuit Eiger Nordwand
Fuji Speedway London City Track
Daytona International Speedway(R) High Speed Ring

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Additional Features for North America

-- Drift Mode -- The player's drifting technique is measured based on
drift angles, racing lines, and speeds within evaluation zones located
at various turns on the course.
-- In Depth Car Tuning -- Players have the ability to adjust the
vehicle's performance, including power, weight, tires and suspension.
-- Two-player Split Screen Racing -- Allows players to race head-to-head
against friends and foes offline.
-- New Race Events -- New racing events and time trials are available for
players to race both offline and online. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
supports up to 16 players racing online simultaneously.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will feature various innovative and
revolutionary modes to harness the PS3's capabilities while further
developing an automotive lifestyle and global community. Among them is Gran
Turismo(TM)TV, a new dedicated online channel available exclusively from
PLAYSTATION(R)Network that delivers worldwide motorsport programming and
manufacturer content. A new in-cockpit view features real-time gauges and
human animations that accurately represent the true performance and
handling of each vehicle. More dynamic and adjustable Artificial
Intelligence, a user homepage called My Page and a new physics engine round
out some of the other features players can expect in Gran Turismo 5
Prologue. To extend the realistic driving experience, Prologue is also
compatible with the new DUALSHOCK(R)3 wireless controller, which has
vibration functionality.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be available for $39.99 SRP on Blu-ray
Disc(TM) (BD) and as a download via PLAYSTATION(R)Store. The BD version
will offer added value with an exclusive behind-the-scenes High Definition
(HD) video feature called "Beyond the Apex".

The independent Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) rating for
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is "E" for "Everyone." For more information about
the ESRB visit http://www.esrb.org.

Please note that all Gran Turismo 5 Prologue press materials and assets
can be obtained online at SCEA's press center on the PS3 New/Upcoming
Software page:"

F40!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #9
CherryZz
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: Z4M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

why aren't there any porsche??
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 01:46 AM   #10
hl0m4n
Major General
hl0m4n's Avatar
United_States
1215
Rep
5,592
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

iTrader: (54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryZz View Post
why aren't there any porsche??
wow i just noticed true that man. where the porsches at?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 01:48 AM   #11
garyhgaryh
Major
garyhgaryh's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
1,225
Posts

 
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: santa cruz

iTrader: (4)

No 335i?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #12
jaaz
CArbon BlAck
jaaz's Avatar
15
Rep
267
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X5 35i SAV
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Yeah no Porsche. Weird. Perhaps there are licensing issues. I know that Porsche once signed an exclusive licensing deal with EA's Need for Speed series to have them use their cars in a Porsche-only game.

Then again this is only GT5: Prologue and so we will probably see Porsche and the 335i cars when the full GT5 releases late this year or next year. Grand Turismo has always been known for having an insane amount of cars.
__________________
2011 X5 35i SAV Carbon Black M-Sport / Tech / Conv / CA / Twin Recaro Kid-Booster Seats
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 08:52 AM   #13
jaaz
CArbon BlAck
jaaz's Avatar
15
Rep
267
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X5 35i SAV
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Oh and I seriously need a driving wheel. Does anyone know of a good one that will work with this game?
__________________
2011 X5 35i SAV Carbon Black M-Sport / Tech / Conv / CA / Twin Recaro Kid-Booster Seats
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #14
CherryZz
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: Z4M
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Oh and I seriously need a driving wheel. Does anyone know of a good one that will work with this game?
depend how much you wanna spend. the best would be logitech g25
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #15
jaaz
CArbon BlAck
jaaz's Avatar
15
Rep
267
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X5 35i SAV
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryZz View Post
depend how much you wanna spend. the best would be logitech g25
Thanks.


New HD trailer is up, by the way.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31636.html?type=wmv
__________________
2011 X5 35i SAV Carbon Black M-Sport / Tech / Conv / CA / Twin Recaro Kid-Booster Seats
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #16
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
704
Rep
12,435
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 S550 GT
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

That list is pathetic in comparison to Forza. Still, who gives a shit when the game looks this good...
__________________
Past:'08 E92 335i|ZPP|ZSP|6AT|four (4) HPFPs

Present:'15 Mustang GT|401A|PP|6MT|Recaros
Sig pic unrelated. I like to go sideways and stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #17
jaaz
CArbon BlAck
jaaz's Avatar
15
Rep
267
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X5 35i SAV
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
That list is pathetic in comparison to Forza. Still, who gives a shit when the game looks this good...
That's only the car list for Gran Turismo: Prologue, a "prequel" to Gran Turismo 5. Gran Turismo 5 itself will not be out till late this year or early next and will feature a full car list.

Do not ask me why Sony does it this way, but I'm not complaining about getting to "drive" the GT-R in April...
__________________
2011 X5 35i SAV Carbon Black M-Sport / Tech / Conv / CA / Twin Recaro Kid-Booster Seats
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST