New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

01-05-2016, 04:18 PM   #23
rcoccultwar
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 8/15 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by polskatomek View Post
Thanks and good info!

Yea... Most of those aftermarket warranties are pretty sketchy- I don't think I could hang my hat on one of them if I'm worried about reliability. They try to find any way to get out of reimbursing you if something needs repair, even if its supposedly "covered".
They do have a deductible every time a ticking time bomb goes. Would not mind trying one of these shady extended powertrain warranties for research purposes.

I wouldn't be surprised could have been a father before getting my drivers license. Obviously we are a bit more civilized now but theoretically this would make a great college graduation gift for one's kid.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #24
135TX
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '11 135i

It costs lest then the price of an SMG pump to do a proper manual conversion.
It is the same transmission. In fact the transmission is likely in better shape than any 6MT because there has been no possibility of misshifts.

Buy it and if you have SMG problems replace do the conversion and replace the clutch. you will be laughing to the bank, even if you sell the car down the line.
You'll never regret pursuing what you really want....ever. You will, however, regret NOT doing things you wanted to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 03:09 AM   #25
E86Z
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by polskatomek View Post
Are you sure it's the car I'm talking about? It's in North Vancouver. Another poster put up a link of different car in Ottawa (where I used to live ironically)
Ohh I must've misread. The link posted is what I was referring to. Not sure about the Vancouver one. My bad !
Appreciate 0