Sign out
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

06-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #23
Sassicaia
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I'd say it beats and adjective that ends in ty.

My earlier post is what is. Sorry if i ruined your thread.
You didn't ruin "my thread" at all. In fact its hypocritical posts like yours that keeps this section interesting!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 01:56 PM   #24
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Just posted a similar thread. Good timing.

Mods feel free to delete mine.
#whineybitch x 2
      06-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #25
Sassicaia
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
The arguable veracity of the phrase doesn't change the fact that it is often quoted and often believed.

Oh, and I don't think Putin's job was open when The Donald decided to run for office.
Besides Trump already applied for an received a job from the Russian government
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #26
Sassicaia
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
#whineybitch x 2
More hypocrisy - love it!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #27
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
The arguable veracity of the phrase doesn't change the fact that it is often quoted and often believed.

Oh, and I don't think Putin's job was open when The Donald decided to run for office.
Besides Trump already applied for an received a job from the Russian government
Wasn't it the Democrats that hired the Russians, who wrote the "dossier" on Trump?
      06-14-2018, 04:06 PM   #28
irishbimmer
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW M5 CP

Actually no, the republicans first had it, paid for it and then passed it on to the dems, from what i read.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 06:58 PM   #29
glennQNYC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Its only for what-$2.8 million? That's about the cost of building a couple of hotel suites on the beach in North Korea...this thing gets settled.
Not that Trump would have to pay this personally, but to add to your context... Trump's personal income was something like $25-30 million a month in 2015. That's beyond nice scratch.
      06-14-2018, 07:12 PM   #30
Sassicaia
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Not that Trump would have to pay this personally, but to add to your context... Trump's personal income was something like $25-30 million a month in 2015. That's beyond nice scratch.
more hypocritical justifications

If the Clinton foundation was being sued for the same reason and amount would you dismiss it as well?

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 07:15 PM   #31
glennQNYC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.83]
Quote:
Quote:

If the Clinton foundation was being sued for the same reason and amount would you dismiss it as well?

I didn't contribute any comment in regards to the charges. I merely added context to the amount of damages being pursued.
      06-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #32
irishbimmer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Sassicaia:
Totally agree with you and not purposelessly trying to appear immune to the continuing behavior of these crooks. Unfortunately, its a fact we all are becoming a little numb to it all because its all day-every day. Its pretty sad and I find nothing in the least bit heroic regarding this president or his family because they seem to delight in robbing all of their dignity and principles for the slightest imagined offense or protest of their behavior. America is not first and our Allies despise him. This will cost all of us in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 10:24 PM   #33
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2007 3.0si Cpe 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
I'm not sure the American president is the most powerful man on the planet. He's answerable to Congress and the American people.
God willing it'll stay that way.

Quote:
Post his tax returns or it's fake news.
Appreciate 1
Lups9560.50

06-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #34
glennQNYC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Quote:
Post his tax returns or it's fake news.
No need for tax returns to dispel your skepticism.

Trump has filed the required financial disclosure documents ever since he formally became a candidate. Actually you might recall all the know-nothings quite confidently stating that Trump wouldn't ever run for office because they were so sure he wouldn't disclose his finances. Well, obviously he did; and has filed these since. How did you miss that?

I'll save you the "trump financial disclosure" search engine keystrokes and provide a nice easy-to-read link. Enjoy.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/19/news...ays/index.html

Edit: I erroneously understated President Trump's personal income in an earlier post. You'll notice in the provided link that he made $600-650 million from Jan 2016 through mid-April 2017. That works out to ~$40 million dollars a month, or perhaps ~$10 million dollars a week. That is a nice paycheck!

Think about this fact the next time someone (like Michelle Wolf) foolishly says President Trump is broke. If I could only be so broke!
      06-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #35
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: VO 1M

Quote:

Trump has filed the required financial disclosure documents ever since he formally became a candidate. Actually you might recall all the know-nothings quite confidently stating that Trump wouldn't ever run for office because they were so sure he wouldn't disclose his finances. Well, obviously he did; and has filed these since. How did you miss that?

I'll save you the "trump financial disclosure" search engine keystrokes and provide a nice easy-to-read link. Enjoy.

Edit: I erroneously understated President Trump's personal income in an earlier post. You'll notice in the provided link that he made $600-650 million from Jan 2016 through mid-April 2017. That works out to ~$40 million dollars a month, or perhaps ~$10 million dollars a week. That is a nice paycheck!

Think about this fact the next time someone (like Michelle Wolf) foolishly says President Trump is broke. If I could only be so broke!
I wonder how much of that pay check goes to serving those liabilities of at least $311 million.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 09:08 PM   #36
irishbimmer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Glen:
The fact that this man has endured multiple bankruptcies leaves him wide open to subversive elements that offer pay to play, and that is exactly what has happened. The CEO of the country cannot indulge in financial dealings that do not benefit the country-his own situation must be remote from any dealings. The way to establish a baseline of judging this is his tax returns.
Appreciate 1
Lups9560.50

06-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #37
glennQNYC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Quote:

Glen:
The fact that this man has endured multiple bankruptcies leaves him wide open to subversive elements that offer pay to play, and that is exactly what has happened. The CEO of the country cannot indulge in financial dealings that do not benefit the country-his own situation must be remote from any dealings. The way to establish a baseline of judging this is his tax returns.
1. This man hasn't "endured multiple bankruptcies." He has used bankruptcy protection laws for companies, but to call this practice a "man's" bankruptcy you'd have to claim companies are people, and I know how the far Left feels about that.

2. His own dealings with his businesses is as remote as can be. Tax returns have nothing to do with proving this case. That's what the financial disclosure filings are for.
      06-18-2018, 11:59 AM   #38
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: VO 1M

Quote:

His own dealings with his businesses is as remote as can be.
Come on now. He is the president/treasurer/secretary of Mara-a-Logo and has benefitted substantially by housing secret services, etc all on the taxpayers dime.

https://oge.app.box.com/s/kz4qvbdsbc...uo4zmth6rerh1c

Last edited by MrRoboto; 06-18-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Appreciate 1