New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

08-03-2022, 09:34 AM   #309
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
LEC has been a team player WAY TO LONG. He has taken responsibility for his mistakes while Osama BinOtto spits nothing but excuses. Time to throw him under the bus!!!!

Even more bad news is that Binotto has said there will be NO changes after 'Ferrari Flop' and Maranello must have said to him to just get on with it.
That means the same 'ol strat from the computer man which he won't even challenge b/c he can't figure it out himself.
I actually think that Mattia TELLS Maranello what will happen if anything and not to interfere too much.
We can always hope that his rusty old Tipo will break down coming to Monza and someone else in the team can agree with what the drivers actually want.
Appreciate 2
      08-03-2022, 12:18 PM   #310
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
And please can we stop all the HAM bashing or any other driver for that matter.
Like a driver or not personally, it is childish, narrow minded and divisive to pick on every little thing they do on or off track.
Never
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Steeler2427.50
M5Rick60013.50
      08-03-2022, 12:19 PM   #311
Steeler
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Bahaha, I figured you'd pipe up.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2022, 02:03 PM   #312
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Binotto says no reason not to win the next 10 races

Appreciate 3
      08-03-2022, 03:26 PM   #313
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW X3

F1 for many years has had its rivalries but more often than not the fans loved the sport as much as the drivers. It has politics, strategy, danger, people can and do get killed and so much subtly that is lost to many, you have to love the sport to get it all.

During the multiple wins for Schumacher as an example I don’t think anyone said it was the car only and not him that managed to get to the front. Was I a fan of his no, but did I respect the fact you could watch him make a car do things others couldn’t, reluctantly yes.

Hamilton from the GP2 days to today has had many of those same moments. Qualifying performances his team mate could never match or the ability to make the tyres last more than anyone the list goes one or battling from the back to the front. It wasn’t always the car that was better, it might have been the team that did it for him or just his raw talent or skill of overtaking, but he is absolutely a top 10 best ever F1 driver, that’s undeniable. You just can’t win 7 titles beating your teammate across different teams and it not to be raw talent, it just doesn’t happen.

As for Max, in his early career he was unliked in part due to his arrogance and ability to crash and do some really bloody stupid moves, he just wasn’t respected by many fans and other F1 drivers, we can all post videos from multiple years to show this, but that is short sighted. However fast forward to today and in the same way as Hamilton, Schumacher and in the same breath as Senna they all have similar traits and abilities to do more with the machine than their team mates and rivals. Max is absolutely up there with the best and if he carries on can be mentioned in the same breath as those names.

Nobody should dispute that, I don’t as a LH fan and all the other drivers I’ve watched that came before him. What’s lacking is respect, something that we as a forum and the fans of ALL drivers need to remember or you may as well just go and watch football, this isn’t the sport for you.
Appreciate 6
Steeler2427.50
tdott3941.00
3798j11406.00
minn1914028.50
Bongoxxx804.00
      08-03-2022, 03:41 PM   #314
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
F1 for many years has had its rivalries but more often than not the fans loved the sport as much as the drivers. It has politics, strategy, danger, people can and do get killed and so much subtly that is lost to many, you have to love the sport to get it all.

During the multiple wins for Schumacher as an example I don’t think anyone said it was the car only and not him that managed to get to the front. Was I a fan of his no, but did I respect the fact you could watch him make a car do things others couldn’t, reluctantly yes.

Hamilton from the GP2 days to today has had many of those same moments. Qualifying performances his team mate could never match or the ability to make the tyres last more than anyone the list goes one or battling from the back to the front. It wasn’t always the car that was better, it might have been the team that did it for him or just his raw talent or skill of overtaking, but he is absolutely a top 10 best ever F1 driver, that’s undeniable. You just can’t win 7 titles beating your teammate across different teams and it not to be raw talent, it just doesn’t happen.

As for Max, in his early career he was unliked in part due to his arrogance and ability to crash and do some really bloody stupid moves, he just wasn’t respected by many fans and other F1 drivers, we can all post videos from multiple years to show this, but that is short sighted. However fast forward to today and in the same way as Hamilton, Schumacher and in the same breath as Senna they all have similar traits and abilities to do more with the machine than their team mates and rivals. Max is absolutely up there with the best and if he carries on can be mentioned in the same breath as those names.

Nobody should dispute that, I don’t as a LH fan and all the other drivers I’ve watched that came before him. What’s lacking is respect, something that we as a forum and the fans of ALL drivers need to remember or you may as well just go and watch football, this isn’t the sport for you.
Well said.

One of the reasons I don't look in these threads anymore is the reason you and others have mentioned above. We all know who the culprits are.
Appreciate 3
MontyB11395.00
Bongoxxx804.00
minn1914028.50
      08-03-2022, 04:58 PM   #315
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

For me, having a villain makes any sport more fun. I'll miss hammy when he's gone.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60013.50
      08-03-2022, 05:13 PM   #316
Steeler
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
For me, having a villain makes any sport more fun. I'll miss hammy when he's gone.
Everyone needs a hero
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2022, 05:20 PM   #317
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Everyone needs a hero
Yep, Kimi is gone

Waiting for someone to step-up. Doesn't look like Ferrari is gonna let that happen for LEC
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60013.50
      08-03-2022, 05:31 PM   #318
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Everyone needs a hero
Speaking of heroes and what could have been...Happy Birthday Jules!!!

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 6.26.51 PM.png
Views: 513
Size:  1.28 MB
Appreciate 5
Steeler2427.50
Artemis29356.50
M5Rick60013.50
MontyB11395.00
      08-03-2022, 05:39 PM   #319
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Name:  Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 6.38.39 PM.png
Views: 491
Size:  3.08 MB
Appreciate 4
Steeler2427.50
Artemis29356.50
M5Rick60013.50
      08-03-2022, 06:32 PM   #320
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

9/10
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60013.50
DrFerry6728.50
      08-03-2022, 06:43 PM   #321
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

It was Penelope's Birthday

Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60013.50
DrFerry6728.50
      08-03-2022, 09:44 PM   #322
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
It was Penelope's Birthday

Da Sukkubus

Max’s blind spot
      08-04-2022, 01:27 AM   #323
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
(...)
However fast forward to today and in the same way as Hamilton, Schumacher and in the same breath as Senna they all have similar traits and abilities to do more with the machine than their team mates and rivals. Max is absolutely up there with the best and if he carries on can be mentioned in the same breath as those names.
Quote:
I recall asking someone of the sports car industry whether Schumacher, Vettel or Rosberg was the greatest German driver ever. The answer: "Stefan Bellof".

Prior to Bellof's fatal crash at Eau Rouge (Spa-Francorchamps) on September 1, 1985 (a bold overtaking maneuver on multiple champion Jacky Ickx that went horribly wrong), Bellof had already signed a contract for the 1986 F1 season with Ferrari. A very promising future that never happened. He was 27.

"He is the greatest talent I have ever met.“
Jackie Stewart, 1984 in “Der Spiegel“

"Every German racing driver knows who Stefan Bellof was.“
Sebastian Vettel

"Stefan was the best of all drivers. He was a thoroughbred racer who could also get the last out of a rubbish car.“
Rudi Walch, technical engineer at Brun Motorsport

"Bellof was a mix between Schumacher and Gilles Villeneuve.“
Michael "Herbie" Blash (FIA)

"Regarding his talent and everything what he has recently shown, without a doubt, he is one of the very, very, very best."
Hans-Joachim Stuck

https://www.elferspot.com/en/magazin...ave-ever-seen/

The 1985 Eau Rouge crash seen from the cockpit of Jacky Ickx:

Stefan Bellof: first drive with that Porsche at Silverstone and immediately blew the competition out of the water:

Name:  Stefan_Bellof.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  112.1 KB
      08-04-2022, 03:43 AM   #324
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW X3

There will always be those drivers that didn't get the opportunity to get into the right car or had a bad accident.

I've watched a race at the local circuit in formula ford going three abreast up a hill for the drive in the middle to be speared off and hit a barrier dead on. The young lad was airlifted to hospital but died on the way, there are many more. Was he the next big thing about to hit motorsport, we will never truly know. Those drivers that even make it to F1 have put themselves and their families through a huge amount to be there. This is why we need to give ALL drivers there respect they deserve, we don't need to like them all but respect them, absolutely.

Bellof, Bianchi and even Kubica weren't so luck, but they were doing what they loved.
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2022, 08:31 AM   #325
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
9/10
Mmmm no it's 10/10. Anyone who sings half a song while doing that deserves the full monty my friend.
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2022, 08:56 AM   #326
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Nice summary of Ferrari's blunders. Drive to Survive is going to be brutal for them next season.

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60013.50
NYG10689.00
      08-04-2022, 10:08 AM   #327
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
There will always be those drivers that didn't get the opportunity to get into the right car or had a bad accident.

I've watched a race at the local circuit in formula ford going three abreast up a hill for the drive in the middle to be speared off and hit a barrier dead on. The young lad was airlifted to hospital but died on the way, there are many more. Was he the next big thing about to hit motorsport, we will never truly know. Those drivers that even make it to F1 have put themselves and their families through a huge amount to be there. This is why we need to give ALL drivers there respect they deserve, we don't need to like them all but respect them, absolutely.

Bellof, Bianchi and even Kubica weren't so luck, but they were doing what they loved.
To be added: Anthoine Hubert.
      08-04-2022, 11:16 AM   #328
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
One of my all-time favorites...considered to be the one of the most skilled/fastest F1 driver to never win a grand prix...Chris Amon
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2022, 11:24 AM   #329
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Nice summary of Ferrari's blunders. Drive to Survive is going to be brutal for them next season.

'Many Ferrari fans are calling for his resignation'.
We don't know who else is actually at Maranello monitoring the F1 but who actually will do that.
There must be someone there with the red carpet leading to the big table though who to replace him with, I can only think of bringing back older Montezemolo on a temporary basis as all the others after him were useless anyway but even he may not be available as he's President of some other concern.
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2022, 11:35 AM   #330
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
'Many Ferrari fans are calling for his resignation'.
We don't know who else is actually at Maranello monitoring the F1 but who actually will do that.
There must be someone there with the red carpet leading to the big table though who to replace him with, I can only think of bringing back older Montezemolo on a temporary basis as all the others after him were useless anyway but even he may not be available as he's President of some other concern.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60013.50