Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #133
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7637
Rep
9,667
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Wrong. If the, say, Japanese delegation stays there with 75 people over the week, and there aren't 75 people turned away because the house is full, Trump has just enriched himself via the office of the Presidency. Period.
If Trump is as rich as he claims, why is he so obsessed with making more money? (a primer: He's not as rich as he claims.)

I don't see this behavior in others in a similar position (Bloomberg anyone?).
__________________
I need a vector, Victor.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 03:18 PM   #134
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7637
Rep
9,667
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
then yep, you are trying hard not to see them.
Um.....nice examples you used?
__________________
I need a vector, Victor.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 03:22 PM   #135
TheWatchGuy
Major
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1950
Rep
1,495
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
AFAIK, the lawsuit has been ongoing, so I'm not sure "going back to" is accurate. Neither, it would seem, is "been beaten down before".

I could be wrong.

it was ruled against in fall 2017 and has been going through the appeals. its only back in the news because of the recent ruling from the appeals court on the lawsuit and someone's recent article recapping the rulings from 2017...

so beaten down, or ruled against however you want to say, before is accurate. and going back to or bringing it back up, would also fit here.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 03:26 PM   #136
TheWatchGuy
Major
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1950
Rep
1,495
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
If Trump is as rich as he claims, why is he so obsessed with making more money? (a primer: He's not as rich as he claims.)

I don't see this behavior in others in a similar position (Bloomberg anyone?).
are you saying bloomberg doesnt try to make a profit in his companies?

gotta be one of the worst arguments ive heard from you in a while.

just because people are rich, doesnt mean they automatically want to stop making money.

look at gates, bezos, bloomberg, buffet, or any number of the other billionaires out there making money to add to their insane fortune.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
.2pdk4003.00
glennQNYC5425.50

      04-10-2019, 03:47 PM   #137
.2pdk
Banned
4003
Rep
1,970
Posts

 
Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
are you saying bloomberg doesnt try to make a profit in his companies?

gotta be one of the worst arguments ive heard from you in a while.

just because people are rich, doesnt mean they automatically want to stop making money.

look at gates, bezos, bloomberg, buffet, or any number of the other billionaires out there making money to add to their insane fortune.
I deal with high net worth clients (not billionaires but $100million plus) and they are ALL obsessed with making more.

It's never enough, not even close.

Human nature at it's best.
Appreciate 2
WWM3281.00

      04-11-2019, 08:05 AM   #138
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3707
Rep
3,226
Posts

 
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
it was ruled against in fall 2017 and has been going through the appeals. its only back in the news because of the recent ruling from the appeals court on the lawsuit and someone's recent article recapping the rulings from 2017...

so beaten down, or ruled against however you want to say, before is accurate. and going back to or bringing it back up, would also fit here.
Yes, so ongoing and not "beaten down", like I said. It's not beaten until it goes through the appeals process and is ruled against with finality.

If by "going back to" you were exclusively referring to media coverage, you could make that argument. I was referring to the lawsuit in a more holistic sense.



We're simply not going to agree here - to no one's surprise, I expect.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #139
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7637
Rep
9,667
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
it was ruled against in fall 2017 and has been going through the appeals. its only back in the news because of the recent ruling from the appeals court on the lawsuit and someone's recent article recapping the rulings from 2017...

so beaten down, or ruled against however you want to say, before is accurate. and going back to or bringing it back up, would also fit here.
Yes, so ongoing and not "beaten down", like I said. It's not beaten until it goes through the appeals process and is ruled against with finality.

If by "going back to" you were exclusively referring to media coverage, you could make that argument. I was referring to the lawsuit in a more holistic sense.



We're simply not going to agree here - to no one's surprise, I expect.
By Watches logic, how many times has trump been "beaten down"? By the courts.
__________________
I need a vector, Victor.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST