Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2019, 08:00 AM   #89
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3729
Rep
3,243
Posts

 
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
My thought is related to our conversation about transparency and demanding access to documentation in advance of the discovery of a crime.
Well, I'm not advocating for "demanding" anything and I've never mentioned any criminality - in point of fact, I've explicitly taken criminality off the table. So, I'm not really sure what you're trying to address. It certainly doesn't seem to be anything I've said here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Would/should this right to know you speak of provide public access to anyone's tax returns that [insert government position here] decides they want publicized? When does this become a Constitutional violation?
I reckon it would violate the Constitution right about the time someone was forced to run for public office, maybe? What Constitutional violation do you envision, specifically?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 08:07 AM   #90
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3729
Rep
3,243
Posts

 
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
how many times we gonna beat this horse?

him releasing his returns to the PUBLIC, isnt going to prove anything, but will lead way to some juicy half accurate half asssed headlines that the sheep will eat up.

Mueller almost certainly has all of Trumps Tax returns, and if there was any inkling of him being leveraged by a foreign entity due to donations to/from him, they would be in his report.
I'm not talking about anything illegal. I don't know how many times I have to say it, but that's at least a half-dozen, now. I'm talking about disclosing information that might impact how voters view you as a candidate. If it comes to pass that Trump owes millions of dollars to institutes that are essentially organs of the Chinese or Russian government, that gives me - as a Trump voter - a fair amount of pause when it comes to decision making about foreign policy that would impact those countries and/or his business with them.

If we next elect some Dem billionaire international businessman/woman, my stance will be exactly the same.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
This is no different than the "Release his birth certificate" crowd, just on the other side of the aisle. End of the day, the government has all the info and they have decided its a non issue.
It is worlds different from that, because that question was settled the minute the Hawaiian SoS validated that Obama was born in HI.

Last edited by hooligan_COLD; 04-09-2019 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2019, 08:52 AM   #91
adc100
Major
937
Rep
1,149
Posts

 
Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Classic deflection, I think you and he could do better. I guess all promises are null and void once someone on the other side does something you don't like. Perfect for the politician but I am surprised citizens use it as a valid excuse.
That is what makes him smarter than you.

If you promise a kid you will jump in a hole at your peril to rescue whis favorite teddy bear and all of a sudden you see a snarling wolf down there

You: jumps in and gets eaten
Trump: Buys the kid 10 better teddy bears

Same principle.-have a great day
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #92
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7648
Rep
9,687
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W211F30 View Post
Perhaps the Dems should check President Trump's citizenship too while they are at it.

Make it worthwhile... more spending of tax dollars/time for whoever will be conducting the audit (if the ITR's are ever released).
Maybe he's from Germany, like his father?
__________________
I need a vector, Victor.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #93
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7798
Rep
7,362
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

The real issue is that his returns will show massive payments to the likes of AOC, Warren, Beto, Bernie, Harris to continue their presidential bid - <insert Christmas at the WH picture>
Appreciate 5
detroitm2910.00
Torgus1909.00
RickFLM43838.50
MKSixer14653.50

      04-09-2019, 10:19 AM   #94
W211F30
Private
United_States
46
Rep
94
Posts

 
Drives: F30- 335i M
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: SoCal-OC, USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Maybe he's from Germany, like his father?
Well... his father legally migrated to this country- that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 10:42 AM   #95
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7648
Rep
9,687
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W211F30 View Post
Well... his father legally migrated to this country- that's for sure.
UM.....his father was born in the Bronx
__________________
I need a vector, Victor.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #96
.2pdk
Banned
4003
Rep
1,970
Posts

 
Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
The real issue is that his returns will show massive payments to the likes of AOC, Warren, Beto, Bernie, Harris to continue their presidential bid - <insert Christmas at the WH picture>
Hey...stop stealing my material...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #97
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7648
Rep
9,687
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
The real issue is that his returns will show massive payments to the likes of AOC, Warren, Beto, Bernie, Harris to continue their presidential bid - <insert Christmas at the WH picture>
When did AOC declare a "presidential" bid? I missed that.......
__________________
I need a vector, Victor.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #98
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
1,941
Posts

 
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
That is what makes him smarter than you.

If you promise a kid you will jump in a hole at your peril to rescue whis favorite teddy bear and all of a sudden you see a snarling wolf down there

You: jumps in and gets eaten
Trump: Buys the kid 10 better teddy bears

Same principle.-have a great day
Another interesting story but the facts remain. That's the problem with the facts, no matter what you do they are still there. He can't fulfill his promise not for any other reason than he realizes it likely won't be good for him.

Thanks for the strange story about the teddy bear but none of this happened "all of the sudden".
__________________
2006 Z4M Coupe - Stromung exhaust, ZHP knob, stubby antenna, clutch delay delete
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 11:50 AM   #99
******
Banned
United_States
2033
Rep
1,689
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Another interesting story but the facts remain. That's the problem with the facts, no matter what you do they are still there. He can't fulfill his promise not for any other reason than he realizes it likely won't be good for him.

Thanks for the strange story about the teddy bear but none of this happened "all of the sudden".
Uh, ADC did cite facts that warranted Trump changing his mind, which he has a right to do to begin with. You didn’t grasp the relevance of the facts and/or didn’t recognize them as facts, so he gave you the teddy bear analogy and you still can’t grasp it. Facts are facts, and they do remain, as you said, despite the fact that they don’t fit your narrative.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #100
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
4453
Rep
1,617
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
When did AOC declare a "presidential" bid? I missed that.......
I think he said presidential, but probably meant bid for "dictatorship". Meshes a lot better with her policies. Also greatly improves her chances of implementing them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #101
TheWatchGuy
Major
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1950
Rep
1,495
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
I'm not talking about anything illegal. I don't know how many times I have to say it, but that's at least a half-dozen, now. I'm talking about disclosing information that might impact how voters view you as a candidate. If it comes to pass that Trump owes millions of dollars to institutes that are essentially organs of the Chinese or Russian government, that gives me - as a Trump voter - a fair amount of pause when it comes to decision making about foreign policy that would impact those countries and/or his business with them.

If we next elect some Dem billionaire international businessman/woman, my stance will be exactly the same.




It is worlds different from that, because that question was settled the minute the Hawaiian SoS validated that Obama was born in HI.
That is something that would be classified as a conflict of interest and would have been investigated. Now whether some joe schmo wants to believe it or not is another story, and exactly the reason that releasing his returns isnt in his best interest.

Everyone will scrutinize and jump to conclusions that may or may not be true and will further divide the political environment. Anti trumpers will twist it to fit their ideas, and pro trumpers will do the same. It is the definition of a lose-lose situation.

And it is pretty similar since the government has settled that his financials are fine and in order and not in conflict with being president.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 12:53 PM   #102
.2pdk
Banned
4003
Rep
1,970
Posts

 
Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
When did AOC declare a "presidential" bid? I missed that.......
She didn't, I believe the list is meant to highlight those that will help Trump get re-elected due to their policies/actions.

And mule teeth...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #103
adc100
Major
937
Rep
1,149
Posts

 
Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
The real issue is that his returns will show massive payments to the likes of AOC, Warren, Beto, Bernie, Harris to continue their presidential bid - <insert Christmas at the WH picture>
You sir are a genius
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 01:39 PM   #104
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3729
Rep
3,243
Posts

 
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
That is something that would be classified as a conflict of interest and would have been investigated. Now whether some joe schmo wants to believe it or not is another story, and exactly the reason that releasing his returns isnt in his best interest.

Everyone will scrutinize and jump to conclusions that may or may not be true and will further divide the political environment. Anti trumpers will twist it to fit their ideas, and pro trumpers will do the same. It is the definition of a lose-lose situation.
Do we know that has happened? Also, investigated and determined nothing was illegal? As I already said, this isn't about criminal violation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
And it is pretty similar since the government has settled that his financials are fine and in order and not in conflict with being president.
That is an assumption on your part, I believe.

Last edited by hooligan_COLD; 04-09-2019 at 01:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2019, 03:42 PM   #105
TheWatchGuy
Major
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1950
Rep
1,495
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Do we know that has happened? Also, investigated and determined nothing was illegal? As I already said, this isn't about criminal violation.




That is an assumption on your part, I believe.
mueller more likely than not, had his tax returns. so if there was something fishy, it would have been looked at.

and i believe that if a foreign entity had leverage on the president, and he acted in their best interest instead of the best interests of the country due to that leverage, that would be illegal. Im not 100% on that, but i cant imagine that is something that would be allowed. so your continued thing of "this isnt about criminal violations, its about foreign entity leverage" would actually be about criminal violations.

If im wrong, point me in the right direction there but i think the below would apply

"“No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”"

End of the day, the reason dems want his taxes released is so they can find something and start an investigation and get him out of the white house. its a fishing exploration at best, and no one in their right mind would willingly give them the bait.

As for my assumption, we are 2 years into this, and if you think the president's financials arent looked at closely prior to being the president and especially while as president, i dont know what else to say. You apparently are assuming the government hasnt looked and/or doesnt care.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 08:27 PM   #106
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1732
Rep
4,831
Posts

 
Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I'm not sure this checks out. How did his father help him succeed in his television career? How did his father help him become President of the United States?
Oh come on now. You can't seriously believe that DJT could have reached the level of success he has without his fathers money and name.
His father's name helped President Trump become President? 😄
That's the most nonsensical thing I have read today.
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC5427.50

      04-10-2019, 06:57 AM   #107
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
773
Rep
1,941
Posts

 
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Uh, ADC did cite facts that warranted Trump changing his mind, which he has a right to do to begin with. You didnít grasp the relevance of the facts and/or didnít recognize them as facts, so he gave you the teddy bear analogy and you still canít grasp it. Facts are facts, and they do remain, as you said, despite the fact that they donít fit your narrative.
He only stopped saying he wouldn't show his taxes once he had one the election. This was years after he originally said he would show them. Weird how the warnings showed up well past the election and not before. Maybe time for another teddy bear analogy or tell me how people are mean to him.

Those are the facts.

Any ideas on what would happen if he were to show his taxes? I have nothing to hide and if running for office would have no problem showing mine.
__________________
2006 Z4M Coupe - Stromung exhaust, ZHP knob, stubby antenna, clutch delay delete
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 07:28 AM   #108
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3729
Rep
3,243
Posts

 
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
mueller more likely than not, had his tax returns. so if there was something fishy, it would have been looked at.

and i believe that if a foreign entity had leverage on the president, and he acted in their best interest instead of the best interests of the country due to that leverage, that would be illegal. Im not 100% on that, but i cant imagine that is something that would be allowed. so your continued thing of "this isnt about criminal violations, its about foreign entity leverage" would actually be about criminal violations.

If im wrong, point me in the right direction there but i think the below would apply

"ďNo Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.Ē"

End of the day, the reason dems want his taxes released is so they can find something and start an investigation and get him out of the white house. its a fishing exploration at best, and no one in their right mind would willingly give them the bait.

As for my assumption, we are 2 years into this, and if you think the president's financials arent looked at closely prior to being the president and especially while as president, i dont know what else to say. You apparently are assuming the government hasnt looked and/or doesnt care.
Well, Trump is already pretty obviously violating the emoluments clause, so I'm not sure I'd hold that up as proof positive of your point.

If Mueller had Trump's tax returns, why is no one in the GOP using that as ammunition to push back on this request from the House? Maybe they are and I've just missed it?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #109
NorCalAthlete
Second Lieutenant
NorCalAthlete's Avatar
United_States
160
Rep
283
Posts

 
Drives: FZ09, Durango RT
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Iím more interested in seeing Pelosiís tax returns than Trumpís...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #110
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
5428
Rep
4,998
Posts

 
Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Well, Trump is already pretty obviously violating the emoluments clause...
More evidence that TDS causes hallucinations. 🤦🏻*♂️ Will the loony conspiracy theories ever stop?
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST