Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

12-05-2018, 01:43 PM   #551
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
So you taught your daughter to sell out her principles. How you and your daughter choose to prioritize principles and money/grades is your business, but let's be clear as to what the lesson that was being taught here.

And yes, I have a daughter myself.
Did you really just insult a man and his parenting style? What the hell is wrong with you? That was completely uncalled for.

With respect to MK, I would have done the exact same thing. When I was in college, I had an extremely liberal history professor who was known for giving harsh marks on papers that didn't align with his beliefs. I had to write a paper about WEB Dubois. As much as it pained me to do it, I wrote that paper and exemplified his attributes with respect to his education, literary works, and development of the NAACP while ignoring his anti-capitalist stance and pro communism statements. As such, I received an A. I didn't give up my principles, I just realized that it wasn't a fight worth fighting and that ultimately I was going to be in that class for just a few months.

Quote:
Way to misconstrue Biden's words. Biden didn't say "illegal" immigration. He said "immigration". What's wrong with immigrants into the US? If they pay for health care, education, taxes, etc., why does that bother you?

Edit: The mind-binding tragedy with the Right's position in this whole discussion (as evidenced by your post) is the conflation of "immigration" with "illegal immigration". This whole thread is replete with this mindset.
I am pretty far to the right and have no problem discerning the two. As a matter of fact, my wife is an immigrant from Africa with plans to obtain her citizenship soon.

There are outliers, but the majority of people don't have an issue with those who wish to come the USA the right and legal way. We do have an issue with those who want the world to cater to them and to come in by jumping the line.

I recommend you watch the generalizations, sir.
MKSixer14613.50

12-05-2018, 01:53 PM   #552
________
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: _

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Liberals want free health care, free education, and like Joe Biden said "a never ending stream of immigration"; but who will pay for all this shit?
Way to misconstrue Biden's words. Biden didn't say "illegal" immigration. He said "immigration". What's wrong with immigrants into the US? If they pay for health care, education, taxes, etc., why does that bother you?

Edit: The mind-binding tragedy with the Right's position in this whole discussion (as evidenced by your post) is the conflation of "immigration" with "illegal immigration". This whole thread is replete with this mindset.
The conflation of immigration with illegal immigration is done by the right?
Care to provide evidence of your claim?

I'll provide you evidence of how the liberals conflate the two, not the right.

Case in point: Trump wants to close the border to illegal immigrants, gets called a Nazi.
Trump calls the illegal immigrants an invasion, while sustaining the US NEEDS legal immigrants due to booming economy, gets called anti-immigration.

Logic is not that hard son.
Appreciate 4
Run Silent11963.00
SakhirM49431.00
MKSixer14613.50
glennQNYC5425.50

12-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #553
Delta0311
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:

Never ending stream of third world immigration. Yeah that's working out great for Western Europe.
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 10:32 PM   #554
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
So you taught your daughter to sell out her principles. How you and your daughter choose to prioritize principles and money/grades is your business, but let's be clear as to what the lesson that was being taught here.

And yes, I have a daughter myself.
No. I taught her to put her emotions aside and get the job done. It's what professionals do on a daily basis.

And I'll stack my accomplishments against yours any day of the week and we'll see exactly who should be teaching whom. I just learned another lesson myself; what a pathetic canker sore you are on this board.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 5
________2134.50
SakhirM49431.00
Run Silent11963.00
glennQNYC5425.50

12-05-2018, 10:38 PM   #555
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Did you really just insult a man and his parenting style? What the hell is wrong with you? That was completely uncalled for.

With respect to MK, I would have done the exact same thing. When I was in college, I had an extremely liberal history professor who was known for giving harsh marks on papers that didn't align with his beliefs. I had to write a paper about WEB Dubois. As much as it pained me to do it, I wrote that paper and exemplified his attributes with respect to his education, literary works, and development of the NAACP while ignoring his anti-capitalist stance and pro communism statements. As such, I received an A. I didn't give up my principles, I just realized that it wasn't a fight worth fighting and that ultimately I was going to be in that class for just a few months.

I am pretty far to the right and have no problem discerning the two. As a matter of fact, my wife is an immigrant from Africa with plans to obtain her citizenship soon.

There are outliers, but the majority of people don't have an issue with those who wish to come the USA the right and legal way. We do have an issue with those who want the world to cater to them and to come in by jumping the line.

I recommend you watch the generalizations, sir.
Thanks for the assist. He really can't help himself. It's amazing how those on the far left know sooooooooo much more than everyone else without any regard to whom they may be speaking with. That idiot doesn't know that both of my parents are full professors emeritus and would tell anyone the exact same thing. Do the work you're asked for not the work you want until you've earned the privilege. There is another place this is also necessary...your freaking job. Absolutely amazing.

Cheers-mk

Appreciate 3
________2134.50
SakhirM49431.00
Run Silent11963.00

12-05-2018, 10:48 PM   #556
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
The conflation of immigration with illegal immigration is done by the right?
Care to provide evidence of your claim?

I'll provide you evidence of how the liberals conflate the two, not the right.

Case in point: Trump wants to close the border to illegal immigrants, gets called a Nazi.
Trump calls the illegal immigrants an invasion, while sustaining the US NEEDS legal immigrants due to booming economy, gets called anti-immigration.

Logic is not that hard son.
It is when one is a twisted and brainwashed mountebank. Yes it is.

Appreciate 2
________2134.50
Run Silent11963.00