Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

07-26-2016, 03:12 PM   #67
csu87
Banned
Rep

Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
You do realize that by calling people "sheeple" or whatever you keep changing it to you are insinuating that people who do not think exactly like you are either inferior or not as smart as you right? In my opinion that is blinding following....
By the way don't misunderstand my post as pro-Hillary, likewise I'm just nowhere near pro-Trump...
you have to be pro one of them at this point. While I like Gary's stance on a lot of the issues, there is no way he will get enough votes to win anything. Hes going to be lucky to steal a state or 2. Right now hes not even projected to win any electoral votes.

Gotta go with one or the other.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #68
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87
Quote:
its a lot harder to convince the majority of "thinking" americans that a guy who inherited a fortune, not built it himself and without any experience on politics whatsoever, an of course I don't like the personality of anybody who thinks that anybody that does not think like him is an idiot. I love how you wrote "thinking" americans, because of course if they don't think exactly like you they must be dumb or stupid, instead of just people with different opinions. This seems to be the go to move.
While he did inherit a decent amount when his dad died (Dad's estate was estimated around $200 million and was split between 4 siblings) and he took over his dads company (valued at ~$200 million when he took over), he did turn that into a multi billion dollar net worth. That doesnt just happen by luck.

There is some good info out there about Trump's life and upbringing and how he became what he is today, but you have to wade through all the BS that has been slung as well to find it. This BS is where most people get stuck in to argue that Trump didnt build anything.

Im willing to bet he made his billions by employing people that were smarter and more knowledgeable in the field than he was and listening to their advice. This would be similar to what i believe he would do as President. You mention its an ego builder for Trump, which is why he is going to do everything he can to not fail. Could you imaging the hit to the ego if he failed?
You claim he would hire the right experts in the matter in order to make the best out of it, why didn't he do that in all the businesses that he left bankrupt?? Maybe because when someone isn't very smart themselves makes it kinda hard to make the smart decision to hire those people
      07-26-2016, 03:42 PM   #69
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I will confess I am one of the idiots due to the fact that come November I will be in the polling booth voting for another idiot.
*Sigh* I as well.

I just want the sticker thats all.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #70
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
*Sigh* I as well.

I just want the sticker thats all.
So who's it going to be? Are you going to give in to the Donald?
Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 03:47 PM   #71
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirthBrooks View Post
So who's it going to be? Are you going to give in to the Donald?
Once I know how much each candidate wants to tax me I'll probably have a better understanding.
Appreciate 2
      07-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #72
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You claim he would hire the right experts in the matter in order to make the best out of it, why didn't he do that in all the businesses that he left bankrupt?? Maybe because when someone isn't very smart themselves makes it kinda hard to make the smart decision to hire those people
businesses fail. Most the major airlines and car companies have been in bankruptcy as well as the major banks. Claiming bankruptcy doesnt necessarily mean a business failed either. There are 100s of reasons why a company would file for bankruptcy. And I dont see anywhere that suggests Hillary can lead anything. Hell, she couldnt even lead Bill to the correct bed
Appreciate 2
bbbbmw2367.00

07-26-2016, 03:57 PM   #73
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
businesses fail. Most the major airlines and car companies have been in bankruptcy as well as the major banks. Claiming bankruptcy doesnt necessarily mean a business failed either. There are 100s of reasons why a company would file for bankruptcy. And I dont see anywhere that suggests Hillary can lead anything. Hell, she couldnt even lead Bill to the correct bed
She can lead. Like the time she threw her staff under the bus over the email scandal.

Quality leadership.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 08:10 AM   #74
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidscollege$
I cant wait till the following happens.

1. Hillary gets nomination

2. Wikkileaks releases another round of emails...only this time from Hillarys "private server"!

3. Shit hits the fan!

Sadly it just doesn't seem to make any difference with the "I'm ready for Hillary!" crowd. What does it take to see that she is utterly corrupt and totally ineffective? Astonishing.
      07-27-2016, 08:14 AM   #75
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
First off you got two candidates with a lot of faults and baggage to play on. I would say more so than ever. And second, Trump can be crude and has shown on a number of occasions to say things that are not PC. Look at how the Primary debates were with Trump--it was obvious his debating style is like none other.
He's also extremely and obviously narcissistic, seemingly in it for the attention only with no real policies other than tweets.

I honestly don't really think I've seen that before in a Presidential campaign.
Uhhhh... Narcissistic and no real plan? Did you watch the Obama elections, and subsequent presidency?
      07-27-2016, 08:20 AM   #76
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Problem is that we, the American People, do not have a choice. It will be one or the other and one is a life long politician that is without any doubt; corrupt, dishonest, and continues to insult our intelligence.

Wish we had options.
wouldn't insulting your intelligence be telling you that he is going to make America great but not tell you how and without any experience in politics??

does the fact that not a single ex president has endorsed him not tell you what the people that know what it takes to do that job precisely think about him?
Hillary rode in on Bill's coat tails, stole her seat in Congress (see "Bill Clinton Pardongate"), and was an abject failure as SOS, except for lining her pockets selling favors. She has had zero success as a politician.

As for no previous president endorsing Trump - aren't they the ones who got us where we are? I would argue they are a large part of the problem - not any sort of stamp of affirmation to a candidate.

Trump has his warts, but we are on a downward spiral - he's a chance to shake things up, in a town that sorely needs to be shaken up.
      07-27-2016, 08:40 AM   #77
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Trump has his warts, but we are on a downward spiral - he's a chance to shake things up, in a town that sorely needs to be shaken up.
Yes, we BMW owners who presumably are doing well in life are complaining about a downward spiral.

I honestly don't care who wins, neither will ruin my day to day much, if at all.

Plus if you want to "shake things up" here, start by not electing those morons you send here.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 08:43 AM   #78
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yes, we BMW owners who presumably are doing well in life are complaining about a downward spiral.

I honestly don't care who wins, neither will ruin my day to day much, if at all.

Plus if you want to "shake things up" here, start by not electing those morons you send here.
to be fair, he had to settle for a 1 series. So could seem like a downward spiral.

Hillary's tax plans will cost me at least a few hundred/year it looks like, so Id rather not go that route.
Appreciate 1
fecurtis3152.50

07-27-2016, 08:48 AM   #79
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
to be fair, he had to settle for a 1 series. So could seem like a downward spiral.

Hillary's tax plans will cost me at least a few hundred/year it looks like, so Id rather not go that route.
Yeah but I also want to know what Donald's budgets would look like, I'd like to know what we plan to do to reduce the debt and continuing to reduce the deficit every year, but it seems the media would rather talk about Twitter.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 08:49 AM   #80
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

...and re-elect the morons that are already there??
      07-27-2016, 09:58 AM   #81
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

I dont think he'll go there, but reality with regards to the so called dirty cops, it isn't the script hillarys pandering/promoting.

http://feeds.reuters.com/~r/reuters/...-idUSKCN1071S4

Now they should go after mayor Blake and convict her. Knee jerk big mouth. What's some rioting gonna hurt...

Last edited by gonzo; 07-27-2016 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 11:33 AM   #82
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Opening odds on trump causing hillary to lose her chit on national TV/debates.

15:1

Put me down for a hunskie on trump.

Turning on their leader.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/0..._whats_news_us
I'd like to be in on that action. put me down for a hunskie too on Trump!!
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 11:37 AM   #83
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Uhhhh... Narcissistic and no real plan? Did you watch the Obama elections, and subsequent presidency?
At least during those elections candidates at least provided proposals.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 11:56 AM   #84
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
At least during those elections candidates at least provided proposals.
Hope and Change is not a proposal. I don't recall anything of substance from Obama in either election.
      07-27-2016, 12:54 PM   #85
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

soooo yeah...how about that little tax thing...all that corrupt talk and now Mr. Trump says he does not want to show his tax sheet.....every major party nominee has always released their tax documents, Trump the only one that has something to hide.. there's no need to keep discussing this guy, he's burying himself
      07-27-2016, 01:18 PM   #86
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hope and Change is not a proposal. I don't recall anything of substance from Obama in either election.
You've got a pretty crappy memory then.

2008:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...060900950.html

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/pr...s/economy.html

The second link goes into pretty big depth into the differences between proposals from McCain and Obama. Then they had the whole indepth, outlined proposals for healthcare. Obama proposed what is largely the clusterfuck we have now, whereas McCain went with a more reasonable open market approach.

2012:
http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxe...vs-romney.aspx

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Bar...vs_Mitt_Romney

Maybe it'll get better as the months tick by but so far we just have mostly broad BS from both candidates because they're too busy making fun of each other on Twitter.
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #87
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
soooo yeah...how about that little tax thing...all that corrupt talk and now Mr. Trump says he does not want to show his tax sheet.....every major party nominee has always released their tax documents, Trump the only one that has something to hide.. there's no need to keep discussing this guy, he's burying himself
He's likely hiding the fact that he's not as rich as he likes to say he is. He's so narcissistic anything that makes him look like less than what he portrays is damaging to him.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 01:23 PM   #88
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
He's likely hiding the fact that he's not as rich as he likes to say he is. He's so narcissistic anything that makes him look like less than what he portrays is damaging to him.
that's not the reason we all know what the real reason is, but even if that was the case then which one is it then? is he very successful or not??