F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > UK Orders Thread - order through to delivery
proTUNING Freaks

03-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #23
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by leerm View Post
Thanks.

Just tried to get VIN but sales man didn't have it to hand. Seems odd but nevertheless he is going to call me in morning with it.

Now he thinks my car is on that boat. Weird because I was told earlier in the week that the ship had docked and car would be here yesterday. They really don't know anything but I'd rather them say that then bullsh*tting me!

Edit: anyone know how long the shipping companies take to unload the cars from the ship? Gives me an idea of when to expect the car to arrive at the dealer if it is indeed on that ship at all!
For the sales guy, getting the VIN is as simple as looking at it on the order screen. If you have your production number you might be able to call BMW and have them look it up for you, although it's the weekend so they might not be answering phones.

Bess is due to dock April 1 and then sets sail the very same day (for Halifax!), so if your car is on board then it will be unloaded tomorrow for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #24
leerm
Rep
Drives: 320i sport

Thanks for the reply.

I found a number on my contract which is labelled VIN/Chassis/frame no but its not as many characters as I thought. Begins with F.

Would this be it? That tracking page doesnt seem to recognise the number.

EDIT: Just read that VIN is 17 characters long which is what I thought. Seems the number I have is something else and the tracking system isnt recognising it which is a shame. Seems the salesman is fobbing me so Ill be calling him up tomorrow to get it for sure.

Seems there's no other way for me to get my VIN. Tried calling BMW direct but every number I try is simply an answering machine. Grr!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #25
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I found a number on my contract which is labelled VIN/Chassis/frame no but its not as many characters as I thought. Begins with F.

Would this be it? That tracking page doesnt seem to recognise the number.

EDIT: Just read that VIN is 17 characters long which is what I thought. Seems the number I have is something else and the tracking system isnt recognising it which is a shame. Seems the salesman is fobbing me so Ill be calling him up tomorrow to get it for sure.

Seems there's no other way for me to get my VIN. Tried calling BMW direct but every number I try is simply an answering machine. Grr!
In most cases the VIN number should start with WBA. Also forgot to mention that you should type the VIN into the Cargo Id field on the tracking page.

I actually got my VIN from BMW customer service rather than the sales guy, mostly due to timing as I'm sure he would eventually have given it to me. I'm not sure what number you need to call for BMW in UK. Perhaps someone here from the UK might be able to help with that, but again they're probably closed for the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #26
tennut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 M Coupe 330D

I was given a 7 figure IVS number
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #27
leerm
Rep

Thanks for your help.

I have tried to get the number from customer services already but as you said its all closed up for the weekend. Surprising but they literally are closed all weekend.

Going to ensure I get it from salesman tomorrow. Somebody at dealership will have access to the number I'm sure.

@Tennut - I have a 7 character number which starts which an F followed by 6 numbers. Don't seem to be any good for tracking car with shipping company though. Shame.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #28
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
@Tennut - I have a 7 character number which starts which an F followed by 6 numbers. Don't seem to be any good for tracking car with shipping company though. Shame.
That's the last 7 digits of the VIN. The full VIN is 17 characters, perhaps you can find out what it is if you give your CA a call, they do have these numbers available in their system.

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #29
leerm
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
That's the last 7 digits of the VIN. The full VIN is 17 characters, perhaps you can find out what it is if you give your CA a call, they do have these numbers available in their system.
Thanks. Im now trying a wildcard search to see if there is any cargo ending in the 7 numbers I have. Fingers crossed. Its taking a while to complete the search.

EDIT: Ok that didnt seem to work. Either that means the number I have means nothing or the vehicle isnt on a ship. But this seriously contradicts what Ive been told by the dealer so I seriously hope this isnt the case!

The number I have is F364188.

Ive searched for WBA%364188 in the Cargo ID field and it comes up with nothing. If I remove the WBA part it finds 2 very old entries so the wildcard feature obviously works. I dont think that number is the last 7 characters of the VIN. Either that or like I said Ive been seriously lied to!

Are there any other shipping companies used for shipping to the UK?

Last edited by leerm; 03-31-2012 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #30
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The number I have is F364188.

Ive searched for WBA%364188 in the Cargo ID field and it comes up with nothing. If I remove the WBA part it finds 2 very old entries so the wildcard feature obviously works. I dont think that number is the last 7 characters of the VIN. Either that or like I said Ive been seriously lied to!

Are there any other shipping companies used for shipping to the UK?
The only way they wouldn't be able to give you a VIN is if the car hasn't completed production yet, so hopefully that's not the case. I tried a wildcard search and couldn't spot any UK deliveries so maybe I'm wrong and the UK cars don't have the WBA prefix. The only sure way to find out is to get that VIN.

I couldn't say whether there are any other shipping lines for UK though.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #31
leerm
Rep

Thanks Raspartan!

I've also looked without the WBA bit and nothing is returned other than two really old entries. No help.

I think WBA is the code for the AG factory in Munich. I guess that would be the case still for UK cars. All made in same place aren't they? Mind you, ours are ofcourse right hand drive so maybe not...?

I'll be getting the VIN in the morning so will update when I've found out.

I'm preparing to find out that my car is sitting in Germany still. Man will I be annoyed as I was told the car is DEFINITELY on a ship earlier this week. Something's not adding up here so hope to get to bottom of it in morning.

Thanks again for your help!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 03:53 AM   #32
leerm
Rep

Presumably the Bess has docked in Southampton. I checked a few sites and one told me that it had left already. That doesn't seem possible.

Can anyone confirm what her schedule is?

Have received an email from the salesman. He confirmed that the number I have is indeed the last 7 characters of the VIN and should be sufficient to track the car. Something isnt adding up here as Im being told different things all the time!

Last edited by leerm; 04-01-2012 at 04:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #33
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
I think WBA is the code for the AG factory in Munich. I guess that would be the case still for UK cars. All made in same place aren't they?
Correct, the VIN only shows where it was made and what it is, not where it is delivered. The WBA actually only shows that it is a passenger car from Germany, the factory (Munich in this case) is the 'F' on the 11th place in the VIN.

I think this can explain the whole VIN build a bit better (it's from 2005 so a bit outdated probably but it gives you an idea ):

edit: the last 7 digits could be enough indeed if your car is being shipped with WW. If you use wildcards, try to search only on this under 'cargo id': %F364188

It might still not give you any result and it might take a while for anything to show but it rules out any mistakes in the usage of wildcards. Also, my car was shipped with WW to the US, I knew what ship and everything but my car did not show up on their tracking site once, so even if it does not show any results, that does not automatically mean your car is not currently on a ship

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #34
leerm
Rep

That's good news to hear that your car didn't show on their system. I've tried with wild cards but didn't show anything.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens this week.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #35
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That's good news to hear that your car didn't show on their system. I've tried with wild cards but didn't show anything.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens this week.

Thanks!
Well if your car is on the Bess they'd have to unload it today for sure. I still don't see why they wouldn't just give you the entire VIN though. I asked for mine because I intend to do some shopping around for a good insurance quote and the VIN makes it more accurate.

Hope you find out for sure soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #36
leerm
Rep

I chatted to the salesman again earlier today and he still has no idea.

I've just resigned to knowing nothing and trying to forget all about my brand spanking new BMW! :-(

Been waiting since January and getting impatient now as the day draws closer. The not knowing is the worst!

Hopefully will get an update tomorrow as the main customer services opens and salesman will be able to get a proper update from BMW.

I'm hanging on the words above that my car could still be on ship but not reported in their systems. Hopefully by now it's sitting on the dock waiting to be scooped up and whisked to the dealer!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #37
leerm
Rep

No news as yet.

I tried calling the shipping company but they need the bill number to track the vehicle.

Have emailed the dealer to ask for that but no reply yet. This is wearing me out!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #38
leerm
Rep

Got a call from my CA today and the car is now in the country. It didnt show up on any tracking website but apparently its in the UK. I have my registration number now too which shows its arrived as they (apparently) cant register it until its arrived in the UK.

This is obviously great news, but this weekend is bank holiday friday and monday, and therefore there is going to be no movement until Tuesday. Even then its unlikely to be delivered to the dealer until the end of the week or early the following week.

Frustrating as its only about 250 miles away!! Getting closer though.

Last edited by leerm; 04-06-2012 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #39
lucamatblu41
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 2019 M SPORT 30D

Garage List
Hang in there Leerm...at least you're not having to slog it out until mid June!! Still to find a review of the F30 320i driven, its been in the country 2 weeks now & yet none of the motor journals have taken it out for a run...If anyone out there has seen a test drive out there please send me the link..Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #40
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

I'll let my signature say it all - please follow the link within it!
I'm having troubles too :/
Hope you get your 320i sorted ^^

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #41
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucamatblu41
Hang in there Leerm...at least you're not having to slog it out until mid June!! Still to find a review of the F30 320i driven, its been in the country 2 weeks now & yet none of the motor journals have taken it out for a run...If anyone out there has seen a test drive out there please send me the link..Thanks
Junction17 has a 320i. If you bump his thread and ask for a review he might be kind be kind enough to oblige.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #42
Tacklebury
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 318d luxury

Ordered my 318d luxury 16th march.

Looking at car arriving at dealership week commencing 30th April....

Fingers crossed for early may collection!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #43
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacklebury
Ordered my 318d luxury 16th march.

Looking at car arriving at dealership week commencing 30th April....

Fingers crossed for early may collection!
Welcome & congrats! Not long now!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #44
PAR5
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 318d Sport

Hi all, ordered my 318d Sport on March 9th at Scotthall Southampton. Been told its finished production and is in transit now. Should pick it up on 27th April

I work in the docks close to where the cars are unloaded. I too have tried tracking my VIN on the Wallenius site only to get "no matches found". It's reassuring to hear I'm not the only one that can't track it.

Anyway, I'm seeing loads leave the docks on the back of transporters so here's hoping mine will be on the back of one soon too
Appreciate 0