New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

09-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #1
catchm3ifyoucann
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: car

Things Dealerships Do That Piss You Off

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
As titled says:

- Call me 3-7 times in one day.
- When you specify for the dealer to contact you via e-mail, and yet they are texting and calling you. Most likely would also use pigeons if they could too.
- Playing hard ball. The constant back and forth from salesman to business manager. While you wait to see if they accept your offer.
- When your salesman doesn't know anything about what he is selling.
- When salesmen proceed to ask you personal questions such as: what do you do for living, how much do you make, and etc.
- Salesmen who make assumptions.

Lets get this list going lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 09:51 PM   #2
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchm3ifyoucann View Post
As titled says:

- Call me 3-7 times in one day.
- When you specify for the dealer to contact you via e-mail, and yet they are texting and calling you. Most likely would also use pigeons if they could too.
- Playing hard ball. The constant back and forth from salesman to business manager. While you wait to see if they accept your offer.
- When your salesman doesn't know anything about what he is selling.
- When salesmen proceed to ask you personal questions such as: what do you do for living, how much do you make, and etc.
- Salesmen who make assumptions.

Lets get this list going lol.
This may only apply to Europran Delivery. Based on advice from this forum, I spec-ed my car and determined the European wholesale price
Then I sent an email the closest dealer with an offer to buy my spec-ed car for. $500 over European wholesale. In the email I gave them 3 days to respond and mentioned that while I would rather do business with them, if they did not want to do the deal I would send my offer to another dealer. With 5 minutes left on the deadline, the CA called me and said the dealer was accepting my offer. The deal went down to the penny with no back and forth at all.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #3
buddalun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 911 x 2, Tesla M3P & MYP

I just had my M3 in for service. The dealer curbed my mint condition ZCP wheels, front and rear on the passenger side. Horrible.

The SA got a firm call from me promptly. They are going to fix the wheels. Ideally, they would have been replaced. I wonder if my alignment is out of whack now too...?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 08:10 AM   #4
DDD31
Captain
Rep

Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Telling you that they're not making any money on the deal
Appreciate 17
      09-24-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

I'm trying to buy a DD. Contacted Braman Audi by email. I have had already near to 10 calls in 3 days from 3 different people!!!!! Cmon guys.

Another dealer leaves a voicemail and emails me bragging that she knew that I bought a car from them in the past and would be a pleasure to do business with me again. BS. It was such an awful experience that I emailed her asking not to contact me again because of the past bad experience. Yesterday night I received another call from the same dealer. The lady apologizing on the phone and begging to call her. No way Jose. This guys are nonstop. Incredible!!!! What kind of training do they go thru?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 08:16 AM   #6
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
+1M
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #7
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
LoL! I always get a kick out of that one too.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 08:56 AM   #8
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
They used grease pen to mark the model of my car on the outside of my summer rims...
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 09:17 AM   #9
Ganxxta
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Drives: F32 4er Coupé

Placing stickers on the windshield
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 09:28 AM   #10
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganxxta View Post
Placing stickers on the windshield
Placing dealer advertisement stickers on the hindquarters.

I told them the price for me allowing their advertising on the back of my car was a further $10,000 off the negotiated priced.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #11
GrantE83
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: BMW X3 E83

I work at a dealership.

I could be here listing things all day long that annoy me.

The biggest one is DPF filters and how easy people just splash out for a new one. I'm based upstairs in a bookings team so I don't deal with customer in branch etc but I see what goes on.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 10:18 AM   #12
Mr. Toad
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killramos View Post
Placing dealer advertisement stickers on the hindquarters.

I told them the price for me allowing their advertising on the back of my car was a further $10,000 off the negotiated priced.

I refuse to be a rolling billboard if there's nothing in the relationship for me.

The Mercedes-Benz dealer in my area slaps these tacky, shield-shaped "VIP" badges on the rear of all their cars. They make me want to
      09-24-2015, 11:04 AM   #13
ft1330
Major
Rep

Drives: 2014 335i

Pretending that my deal is not making them any money
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:20 AM   #14
Lance_Goodthrust
Private
Rep

Drives: 2016 435i Gran Coupe

A salesman who got beligerant and tried to convince me I was an idiot for making such a "low" offer!

I walked out.

Went to another dealer, got the same car for the price I had offered the first dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #15
catchm3ifyoucann
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I love when I am fed this line. I know of some dealerships that make over $10k profit on new cars simply because the customer doesn't care to negotiate. There are so many ways to make profit on a new and or used car sale. The fact that they have the guts to say we don't make profit is absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Goodthrust View Post
A salesman who got beligerant and tried to convince me I was an idiot for making such a "low" offer!

I walked out.

Went to another dealer, got the same car for the price I had offered the first dealer.
I never understood why anyone would want to insult their potential customer. If you offer a service that is impeccable, don't you think he will come back and or tell his friends to purchase from your dealership?

- When dealerships have that stupid giant blow up gorilla on top of their roof to advertise a sale. I hate that more than anything else lol.

- When they ask you "how can I get you into your dream car today?" I respond with give it to me for free.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 02:40 PM   #16
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

The attitude that they know much, much, much more about the car you're interested in despite your demonstrating that you know much, much, much more than them. This is a constant -- even at a BMW dealer, though to my salesman's credit he stopped trying to tell me things about the 2-series (and BMW's margins) that he wasn't sure about.

Heck: I was shopping for a VW Golf GTi before settling on a BMW ... and I walked my salesperson through VW's allocation order system. I learned so much about it on VWVortex, I basically trained him on it!

There are many others ... but I'll consider that my contribution.

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 03:17 PM   #17
catchm3ifyoucann
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
The attitude that they know much, much, much more about the car you're interested in despite your demonstrating that you know much, much, much more than them. This is a constant -- even at a BMW dealer, though to my salesman's credit he stopped trying to tell me things about the 2-series (and BMW's margins) that he wasn't sure about.

Heck: I was shopping for a VW Golf GTi before settling on a BMW ... and I walked my salesperson through VW's allocation order system. I learned so much about it on VWVortex, I basically trained him on it!

There are many others ... but I'll consider that my contribution.

It annoys me the most when they insist they are right when you clearly know that vehicle X does not come with option package y. I have more respect for a salesman that says "I'm sorry I don't know but if you don't mind waiting I'd be happy to get the proper information you requested." Instead of just spewing garbage that doesn't make sense.

Not to get off topic but 5 goals in 9 minutes
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 03:18 PM   #18
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchm3ifyoucann View Post
Not to get off topic but 5 goals in 9 minutes
Or, put another way: Lewandowski for the WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 03:20 PM   #19
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: G20 2020 M340

Dealer has no clue about MSD's and making it seem weird or like something out of the ordinary.

I had to educate them on the benefits of MSD's compared to cap cost reduction.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 03:31 PM   #20
BMW x4
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: x4

When they offer the lowest part x on your trade in
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 05:21 PM   #21
catchm3ifyoucann
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Or, put another way: Lewandowski for the WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!!!
To bad I'm a BvB lol. Going to be an interesting season.
Appreciate 2
      09-24-2015, 08:55 PM   #22
kirkbar
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Where to start?

Drove 3 hours to test drive a car advertised with 35K miles. Get there, test drive the car, want to buy it and then notice the car has 45K miles on it. CarFax says 35K miles dated two months back. So someone put 10K on the car in two months! Excuse? So-in-so who works here took it on vacation! To where? Alsaka!

Negotiation time - dealership doesn't budge on price! I walked out.

Then, they have a audacity the next 5 days to call me every day about that car, then about other cars they have. I then buy a car and let them know I'm no longer in the market. So for the next month I get an email every day about new pre-owned inventory!
2011 135i DCT M/Sport Jet Black Cobb STG2+ | M3 Suspension Parts | ERW Charge pipe | VRSF 7 Intercooler | Cobb DP | MFactory LSD w/lockdown | KW V1 Coilovers | Apex ARC-8 | Dinan camber plates | BMS Intake | M3 Cluster & steering wheel | 1M Strut brace
Appreciate 0