New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

06-30-2022, 10:33 AM   #1
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, G37x

Bernie Ecclestone Says He Would “Take A Bullet” For Vladimir Putin...

...and called the Russian leader a “first class person,”

I, for one, am glad this douche is gone from the sport. I guess he likes liars.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/bernie-...in-1235054611/

I remember him flying from Indy to Chi. every day to stay the night because there weren't any "high quality/lux" hotels in indy. Screw this pompous ass...
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10473.00
minn1913970.00
      06-30-2022, 11:07 AM   #2
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

at 91, surely he's gone senile a bit..
He always was a strange man.

But I've learned a long time ago that people who are active in a certain sport/trade/etc usually only can say interesting/clever tings about the field they're active in and when they suddenly start talking politics, they're suddenly complete morons....

Zelensky is probably not the greatest leader and indeed used to be a comedian. Reagan used to be an actor...
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 12:17 PM   #3
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Drives: M235i 6spd

do you think retired race car drivers have above average CTE like damage due to hard crashes ?

so last week I was taking a long road trip on the bike and didn't want to listen to music or audio books. so I thought I'd try memorizing an Edgar Allen Poe poem starting the night before and add lines while I was on the ride. I had such a hard time memorizing the lines I'm worried. It's taken me 8 or 9 days to memorize eight lines to where I can repeat it exactly and now I can repeat the 8 lines backwards. But adding more lines is not easy.

So I'm thinking a 91 year old brain can easily be confused. I mean, is it relevant to interviews a 91 year-old and posts the transcripts.

And with the Piquet interview. Nearly 70 year old guy, probably had concussion issues and is it really necessary to post the transcripts ?

However. Sir Hamilton had eloquently retold the events of his childhood at the karting track where he was the recipient of racism. At first due to his almost backstabbing attack on Rosberg - which it seems Rosberg's family embraced and befriended Hamilton at a very young age - I wasn't 100% Hamilton was believable. But I think it was foolish to doubt Hamilton because his recollections seem so likely.

My point is Hamilton has been a very good ombudsman on racial equality. The quotes from older and elderly members of the sport are just sad and not really relevant.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 09:51 AM   #4
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravaggio View Post
do you think retired race car drivers have above average CTE like damage due to hard crashes ?
Nah, the accidents don't happen often enough and their main concern is TBI but safety equipment and the design of the chassis to dissipate energy under crashes reduce the level of impact. There's probably regular drivers that end up with worse damage in the long term.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      07-13-2022, 03:16 AM   #5
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

does he about the sell some asset that thus he s telling such things.. he was in a middle of a big fraud just last week.. these 2 might be connected..