New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-23-2022, 11:28 AM   #7195
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
I agree with you that current news is garbage.

It's just that real news doesn't sell. People (and I mean this in the most general terms) want drama. It's a perpetual cycle of who can get the most views to generate the most revenue. It's nearly equivalent to social media and influencers.
Exactly right. I can't stand social media. The farthest I go is in a car forum. No insta, FB, twitter, etc phuckery!
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25089.50
dradernh4398.50
      11-23-2022, 02:39 PM   #7196
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Which blue-line rash guard do you guys like better?

Top or bottom?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 02:50 PM   #7197
________
________
Rep

Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post

Top or bottom?
Bottom.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25089.50
      11-23-2022, 02:55 PM   #7198
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep

Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Bottom
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25089.50
      11-23-2022, 03:08 PM   #7199
forumlurker
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: almost every day

Idk if this has been asked b4, but how effective do u find traffic attorneys like ticket clinic? From my experience they keep extending as the idea is issuing cop will forget about it. But do they really forget? Haha
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 03:12 PM   #7200
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumlurker View Post
Idk if this has been asked b4, but how effective do u find traffic attorneys like ticket clinic? From my experience they keep extending as the idea is issuing cop will forget about it. But do they really forget? Haha
I don't think they are particularly effective IF you actually go to court. I have never once lost in traffic court. If all they are doing is extending, you can do that yourself. Lol! When I'm monitoring traffic, I place my body worn camera on my dash to record the violation. Good luck getting out of it.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2022, 03:20 PM   #7201
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

With that said…..

….A LOT of Officers/Deputies do not show up for traffic court, so you have a 50/50 shot of getting it dismissed. Work the system! For my station, we'll get written up for failing to go to court, so we go. It's an easy 3 hours minimum of overtime for usually 20 minutes of work. I'll take it!! Work smarter, not harder.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615259.00
      11-23-2022, 03:52 PM   #7202
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: G20

Bottom one.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25089.50
      11-23-2022, 03:56 PM   #7203
forumlurker
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: almost every day

Quote:
With that said…..

….A LOT of Officers/Deputies do not show up for traffic court, so you have a 50/50 shot of getting it dismissed. Work the system! For my station, we'll get written up for failing to go to court, so we go. It's an easy 3 hours minimum of overtime for usually 20 minutes of work. I'll take it!! Work smarter, not harder.
Noted haha. I would expect nothing less of highway patrol to show up/win 100% of the time. It's your guys speciality!

Don't think I've ever gotten out of a speeding ticket with highway patrol involved (in court). But they've reduced it to a non moving violation on the spot twice. I like to think my checklist after being pulled over helps a little- rolling down all windows, hands on steering wheel, and having all paperwork ready.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 04:00 PM   #7204
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Bottom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
Bottom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
Bottom one.
So far the midlife rollers rash guard is the clear favorite.

Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      11-23-2022, 04:01 PM   #7205
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
With that said…..

If you know somebody who knows the officer, you can get an very good idea which court days are suddenly queued up with required training on the same day, and schedule your wife's appearance that day
      11-23-2022, 04:06 PM   #7206
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
With that said…..

Noted haha. I would expect nothing less of highway patrol to show up/win 100% of the time. It's your guys speciality!

Don't think I've ever gotten out of a speeding ticket with highway patrol involved (in court). But they've reduced it to a non moving violation on the spot twice. I like to think my checklist after being pulled over helps a little- rolling down all windows, hands on steering wheel, and having all paperwork ready.

I’m with the Sheriff’s Dept., but the CHP shows up majority of the time as well. Traffic is definitely their bread, butter and wine. Lol!

Your checklist and attitude definitely plays/played a role. Demeanor is everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
With that said…..

If you know somebody who knows the officer, you can get an very good idea which court days are suddenly queued up with required training on the same day, and schedule your wife's appearance that day
Lol! Working the system.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2022, 06:46 PM   #7207
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:

The bottom one is better, but do you really want to advertise job/beliefs/politics at the beach?

Be the gray man.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      11-23-2022, 06:50 PM   #7208
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
I would expect nothing less of highway patrol to show up/win 100% of the time. It's your guys speciality!
Winner here. Got a legit ticket for what I considered a b.s. reason and took an unpaid day off to go to traffic court a couple of hours north of San Francisco up on the Russian River.

It was the standard he said - he said routine. The judge said "Okay, I give up.", turned to the officer, who was still on the stand, and said "What color was the car?" You could see he didn't remember, so he had to guess, and he muffed it. Lack of prep, I suppose, I don't know.

Outside, the officer said "You got lucky." He was right, so there was no point in me replying. It was a nice day off, even if it did cost me more than the ticket would have cost. It was the principle of the thing, you see.

FWIW, that was over 50 years ago. I had a great deal of respect for CHP officers then, and I still do. In one instance, I got a remarkable break and have never forgotten it. I had many interactions with them over a handful of years back then and always found them to be very professional. I appreciated that as I was fairly out of control. I got more movers in one year than my age. It took a while to settle down and learn to fly right.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25089.50
      11-23-2022, 07:56 PM   #7209
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

Drives: E93

Quote:

Top or bottom?
Bottom (no homo)
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25089.50
      11-23-2022, 08:09 PM   #7210
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Quote:

The bottom one is better, but do you really want to advertise job/beliefs/politics at the beach?

Be the gray man.

Beach? Bro…..you know we don’t go to the beach nor do we know how to swim. LOL! Joking!

That's for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu no-gi class (…usually with a bunch of other cops)…..hence the “MidLife Rollers” brand. I just wanted a stylized no-gi rash guard for the LEO BJJ classes/seminars I attend on the side. At my academies I train in either academy branded gear (…e.g. Gracie Barra; you can only wear their branded gear in the academies) or more traditional rash guard brands (…e.g…Future Kimonos, Atami, Fuji, etc.) at the academy I consider to be my home base.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 11-23-2022 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2022, 07:57 AM   #7211
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Beach? Bro…..you know we don’t go to the beach nor do we know how to swim. LOL! Joking!

That's for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu no-gi class (…usually with a bunch of other cops)…..hence the “MidLife Rollers” brand. I just wanted a stylized no-gi rash guard for the LEO BJJ classes/seminars I attend on the side. At my academies I train in either academy branded gear (…e.g. Gracie Barra; you can only wear their branded gear in the academies) or more traditional rash guard brands (…e.g…Future Kimonos, Atami, Fuji, etc.) at the academy I consider to be my home base.
Ah, cool. I didn't know you wore a rash guard for that. Make sense.

As for the beach, you should check it out. I hear there are hot women in bikinis there.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25089.50
      11-24-2022, 08:46 AM   #7212
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
With that said…..

I always "assumed" that every ticket issued by a particular officer would have their hearings scheduled together to maximize the officers time and make it worth it to have him appear in court.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 09:46 AM   #7213
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Quote:
Beach? Bro…..you know we don't go to the beach nor do we know how to swim. LOL! Joking!

That's for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu no-gi class (…usually with a bunch of other cops)…..hence the "MidLife Rollers" brand. I just wanted a stylized no-gi rash guard for the LEO BJJ classes/seminars I attend on the side. At my academies I train in either academy branded gear (…e.g. Gracie Barra; you can only wear their branded gear in the academies) or more traditional rash guard brands (…e.g…Future Kimonos, Atami, Fuji, etc.) at the academy I consider to be my home base.
Ah, cool. I didn't know you wore a rash guard for that. Make sense.

As for the beach, you should check it out. I hear there are hot women in bikinis there.

When you come back to Los Angeles again, let's grab a bite and then go to this fantastically fabled place you call……..the beach. That restaurant we went to last time was cool, but let's toss on the board shorts and go Baywatch that bitch next time.
It's be nice to chill with again my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Quote:
With that said…..

I always "assumed" that every ticket issued by a particular officer would have their hearings scheduled together to maximize the officers time and make it worth it to have him appear in court.
That's the smart way to do it, and that's the way I tend to chain mine together, but not every officer does it that way. I like organization.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 09:48 AM   #7214
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

BTW guys, here's BJJ rash guard option #3. What do you think about this one compared to the other two?

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I appreciate all of you for making this thread a successful one and for sharing your perspectives. You guys & gals add so much color.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 10:14 AM   #7215
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

With a nice rash guard,
you can wear a wetsuit
To surf
At the beach!
      11-24-2022, 10:16 AM   #7216
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
With a nice rash guard,
you can wear a wetsuit
To surf
At the beach!
I tried my hand a surfing years ago when I was dating an avid surfer chick. That didn't work out too well for me. I'm a land animal.
Appreciate 0