New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-07-2022, 05:32 PM   #6931
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I appreciate that.

I wish I could post body cam videos here. I would post one a day with commentary.

P.S. He's hovering for sure. Lol!
Curiosity question, but do you ever travel? Maybe you've posted that, and I've just overlooked it.
I try to as often as possible. Sometimes it's a relatively local road trip (…within a 7-hour drive) and other times I hop on a plane somewhere. I used to visit Brazil every few years, but I haven't been since 2011. I'm planning to take the lady to Turks in April; I think that's part of why the recent shooting there piqued my attention.
Appreciate 1
rwheels7066.50
      10-08-2022, 09:01 AM   #6932
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Would I run in? Fuck no! I'm not trained. I am trained to not become another victim for water rescue
      10-08-2022, 09:42 AM   #6933
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
I thought we already beat the "Monday AM QBing of the response team" in this event to death way back after it happened? And it seems as if it's the same people who continue to ignore answers and ask the questions over and over again. No point in answering questions if the person asking isn't really interested in answers.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24974.50
      10-08-2022, 03:43 PM   #6934
forumlurker
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: almost every day

Whats your opinion on overweight cops?

Is it true chp is not allowed to have optics on their service rifle?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 04:12 PM   #6935
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumlurker View Post
Whats your opinion on overweight cops?

Is it true chp is not allowed to have optics on their service rifle?
My professional opinion differs from my personal opinion. Professionally I believe that we, as law enforcement representatives, need to maintain a standard of physical conditioning that presents/communicates to the public we are capable and effective. Being out of shape doesn't increase public confidence in our ability to be effective, and it reflects poorly on the individual. I think physical fitness should be incentivized; many departments give nominal pay increases for maintaining physical fitness requirements. With that said, it's a person's individual choice and responsibility, so if they are comfortable performing the job while being overweight, that's their prerogative.

Yes, the CHP doesn't currently have optics on their rifles. My department just received the approval for optics on our patrol rifles more recently (….I posted about it awhile back)
Appreciate 2
      10-08-2022, 05:49 PM   #6936
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
My professional opinion differs from my personal opinion. Professionally I believe that we, as law enforcement representatives, need to maintain a standard of physical conditioning that presents/communicates to the public we are capable and effective. Being out of shape doesn't increase public confidence in our ability to be effective, and it reflects poorly on the individual. I think physical fitness should be incentivized; many departments give nominal pay increases for maintaining physical fitness requirements. With that said, it's a person's individual choice and responsibility, so if they are comfortable performing the job while being overweight, that's their prerogative.

Yes, the CHP doesn't currently have optics on their rifles. My department just received the approval for optics on our patrol rifles more recently (….I posted about it awhile back)
I worked with coppers that for the most part were fit, I always maintained a good level of fitness and am proud of that. I also never had someone get away from me on foot. I believe you owe it to yourself and the other officers you work with to maintain a level of fitness because the stakes can be very high.
Appreciate 2
      10-08-2022, 06:41 PM   #6937
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
Quote:

I worked with coppers that for the most part were fit, I always maintained a good level of fitness and am proud of that. I also never had someone get away from me on foot. I believe you owe it to yourself and the other officers you work with to maintain a level of fitness because the stakes can be very high.
I absolutely agree brother.

In other news, I'm writing a lot of tickets today. People do not pay attention and they've caught me on a day where no warnings will be given.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2022, 07:07 PM   #6938
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:

In other news, I'm writing a lot of tickets today. People do not pay attention and they've caught me on a day where no warnings will be given.
Good thing I'm a county or two away!

On a similar note, for my birthday my wife gave me a sign that says "I'm not speeding, I'm qualifying" with a "65" between the two phrases that looks like the numbers are blowing away. She knows me too well! I thought about putting it on the rear deck of my car, but wifey says that probably wouldn't be a good idea. She's probably right...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24974.50
      10-08-2022, 07:09 PM   #6939
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Quote:

Good thing I'm a county or two away!

On a similar note, for my birthday my wife gave me a sign that says "I'm not speeding, I'm qualifying" with a "65" between the two phrases that looks like the numbers are blowing away. She knows me too well!
Haha! You have such a cool wife!!!

I'm annoyed because these drivers constantly run stop signs, causing traffic collisions and more work for me. So I'm just writing everybody today.

#nofucksgiven
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615140.50
      10-08-2022, 07:56 PM   #6940
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
I could have beat you on foot. Of course I would have had to be in a car to do it but........
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2022, 07:46 AM   #6941
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 435i

https://www.thedrive.com/news/stock-...t-registration

Are CA LEO's not trained on the difference between a stock feature vs aftermarket?

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 09:02 AM   #6942
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
https://www.thedrive.com/news/stock-...t-registration

Are CA LEO's not trained on the difference between a stock feature vs aftermarket?
I broke this down a few pages back……and in the banned thread.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=29401881

We talked about it for a couple of pages.
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3566.00
      10-09-2022, 10:21 AM   #6943
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep

Bad news Sedan_Clan Lady Jane
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
paquet629.50
      10-09-2022, 10:24 AM   #6944
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Oh damn! I'm doomed for sure, especially considering what I laugh at on a daily basis.
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2022, 10:34 AM   #6945
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Oh damn! I'm doomed for sure, especially considering what I laugh at on a daily basis.
It's so true.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 10:36 AM   #6946
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's so true.
Your dementia has yet to set in, so we may fare well after all. Lol!
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2022, 11:08 AM   #6947
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep

Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
A dark sense of humor is actually very therapeutic because murder is still illegal in Canada.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615140.50
UncleWede17962.50
      10-11-2022, 03:45 AM   #6948
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
We have a piddly $600 bonus once a year if you pass the optional physical agility test.
Our issued mandatory optics are the Aimpoint Pro for rifles and Trijicon RMRs for handguns. Not optional.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2022, 07:19 AM   #6949
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
We have a piddly $600 bonus once a year if you pass the optional physical agility test.
Our issued mandatory optics are the Aimpoint Pro for rifles and Trijicon RMRs for handguns. Not optional.
I wish my department issued optics. If you want any of that stuff, you must first "take a class" and successfully pass that class, then you must pay out of pocket for a new duty weapon and the optic.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 07:19 AM   #6950
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
My professional opinion differs from my personal opinion. Professionally I believe that we, as law enforcement representatives, need to maintain a standard of physical conditioning that presents/communicates to the public we are capable and effective. Being out of shape doesn't increase public confidence in our ability to be effective, and it reflects poorly on the individual. I think physical fitness should be incentivized; many departments give nominal pay increases for maintaining physical fitness requirements. With that said, it's a person's individual choice and responsibility, so if they are comfortable performing the job while being overweight, that's their prerogative. [/i])
I saw an officer recently that waddled when he walked he was so big. I couldnt help think to myself he wasn't catching or stopping anyone for anything. Even traffic stops, the amount of time it would take him to get in and out of his vehicle someone could get a lot done.

I assume it's similar to military, if someone can pass their physical fitness test and perform their job, then so be it. I'll counsel them for not making height/weight, but thats all I can really do, however I'm never thrilled when on a mission or doing a task with someone out of shape because I know I'm going to have to pick up their slack, and if they go down it's going to be a struggle for me to get them out of there. But, I also feel it's our duty to not become that, because we chose a profession that requires you to be physically fit and capable with high standards, and there for there is no excuse to not meet that standard.

Quote:

I wish more officers gave out these tickets. I've called people out on multiple occasions and each time the person acts as if nothing happened. People are so used to shit driving habits that they don't even realize it.

I was in Minneapolis this past weekend, and I had 3 different occasions of someone merging into my lane and forcing me over. One was an elderly man who never bothered to check the lane and who probably shouldnt have been driving anyways, one was a young gal on her phone, and another was a dude digging in his glove box at 75mph.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 07:25 AM   #6951
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

I agree with you. There is something to be said about command presence and being fit. It presents an image and makes the person on the receiving end think twice about creating a situation where force is likely to be used.

Two of my pet peeves - as far as citations/driving behaviors go - are those who tailgate and those who drive around at night with no headlights/tail lights on. It drives me bonkers.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2022, 07:47 AM   #6952
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Two of my pet peeves - as far as citations/driving behaviors go - are those who tailgate and those who drive around at night with no headlights/tail lights on. It drives me bonkers.
I'll admit, I will move up and "tailgate" someone if they are camping in the fast lane and not moving out of the way. I give them ample time to realize I'm there before I start to creep up and make them uncomfortable, but I never get super close like I have seen some folks do. Some people get feet from a bumper and thats crazy.

But I.cant.stand.fast.lane.campers. Get your damn Prius out of my way.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15683.50
CamasM3e933140.00