New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

06-08-2022, 07:24 PM   #639
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep

Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
I don't mind paying a bit over but I'm not going crazy. I want every option except the carbon wheels. Aftermarket wheels would be one of my first mods. I just think dealers are soooo shady. Nothing they do would surprise me. I hope everyone gets one who has been waiting forever. I just know there will. E horror stories about peeps getting boned.
Like i said, if you're with the big 3, your chances of NOT getting this z06 at MSRP is slim to none. They are not going to jeopardize their reputation and customer base because they wanted to make a couple of killer sales off one variant. The hybrid corvette, and ZR1 are on the way so if they fuck over their customers with the z06 sales, i'm sure no one will go back to them when it's time for the other C8 variants to come.

If you're with a shady dealer, then i'm sorry. But those who are on the big 3 WILL get their car at MSRP. Macmulkin has sold ALL their C8's from 2020 to even new 2023's rolling out now at MSRP. They will continue to do so with the z06.

FYI, if i was on another wait list from a fuckery type of dealer and they said i can only have the car at 20-30k over MSRP, i honestly would still do it. I would drive the car 2-3 years and put around 20k miles, sell it and would still make a profit. Or to the very least, break even.

This z06 will go down in the history books as one of the most desired sports car EVER.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      06-08-2022, 08:03 PM   #640
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

lol @ making a profit on a z06 after paying $20k over and driving it 2-3 years and 20k miles. Come on man. They could barely give away Z06’s last generation. As interest rates rise demand will reduce. Some of the demand will be shifted to the newer models and increase used supply. Simple economics. This isn’t a limited edition production run. Not to mention how many people have their names on the list at 15 different dealers. They aren’t going to buy 15 cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 08:44 PM   #641
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Keep the R8 if it's a V10

How I feel too. I don't think I'll ever have a car that sounds as good again.
Appreciate 2
swanson733.00
Donatello.1083.50
      06-08-2022, 08:58 PM   #642
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
lol @ making a profit on a z06 after paying $20k over and driving it 2-3 years and 20k miles. Come on man. They could barely give away Z06’s last generation. As interest rates rise demand will reduce. Some of the demand will be shifted to the newer models and increase used supply. Simple economics. This isn’t a limited edition production run. Not to mention how many people have their names on the list at 15 different dealers. They aren’t going to buy 15 cars.

The last generation z06 is NOTHING like this generations z06 other than having the z06 emblem on the car. First off we don't know the pricing and we don't even know the production amount. The car was supposed to debut in 2022. And people are receiving their 2023 stingrays and not a single peep about anything for the z06. So i assume it's going to start at 2nd half, which is why i think i'll get my z06 next spring.

You do realize used 2020 stingrays are still going for 15-20msrp used right? lol And we're entering the 4th MY of the stingray.

I don't think this is going to stop any time soon. As time moves foward, with the huge EV push, everyone will soon start to gravitate for their last remaining of sports car. Don't forget this is GM's first attempt at a mid engine sports car of this caliber, meaning the corvette. This will be the most desired generation corvette ever.

Btw, my C7Z is about 6 years old. And it's still worth almost exactly what i paid for it back then, new.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
Cos270608.50
      06-08-2022, 09:06 PM   #643
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
The last generation z06 is NOTHING like this generations z06 other than having the z06 emblem on the car. First off we don't know the pricing and we don't even know the production amount. The car was supposed to debut in 2022. And people are receiving their 2023 stingrays and not a single peep about anything for the z06. So i assume it's going to start at 2nd half, which is why i think i'll get my z06 next spring.

You do realize used 2020 stingrays are still going for 15-20msrp used right? lol And we're entering the 4th MY of the stingray.

I don't think this is going to stop any time soon. As time moves foward, with the huge EV push, everyone will soon start to gravitate for their last remaining of sports car. Don't forget this is GM's first attempt at a mid engine sports car of this caliber, meaning the corvette. This will be the most desired generation corvette ever.

Btw, my C7Z is about 6 years old. And it's still worth almost exactly what i paid for it back then, new.
And when you bought it new they were giving them away for $10-15k off and had tons sitting on the lot. Eventually supply will catch up with demand and the demand will reduce with rising interest rates and introduction of other models like I mentioned.

The C8Z will be a great car but there’s no way they’re going to be selling for $20k over used in 2-3 years with 20k miles. The free money train from the US government has dried up. But it was nice of them to give everyone a free $40k. You think the same number of people are going to be running out to finance a $130k Chevy at 7% interest when the stock market is still down?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 09:34 AM   #644
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
And when you bought it new they were giving them away for $10-15k off and had tons sitting on the lot. Eventually supply will catch up with demand and the demand will reduce with rising interest rates and introduction of other models like I mentioned.

The C8Z will be a great car but there’s no way they’re going to be selling for $20k over used in 2-3 years with 20k miles. The free money train from the US government has dried up. But it was nice of them to give everyone a free $40k. You think the same number of people are going to be running out to finance a $130k Chevy at 7% interest when the stock market is still down?
This car is highly desired dude. It’ll be many years before the pricing actually catches up to open market.

Meaning unlike the c7z, you will NOT get a c8z at 10-15k off any time, or maybe ever.

I got my 2nd MY z06 for like 18% off msrp. Year end sale.

Let me know when that happens for the c8z lol.

It won’t. This car will pull so much money for at least the next 5 years.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      06-09-2022, 11:04 AM   #645
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
This car is highly desired dude. It’ll be many years before the pricing actually catches up to open market.

Meaning unlike the c7z, you will NOT get a c8z at 10-15k off any time, or maybe ever.

I got my 2nd MY z06 for like 18% off msrp. Year end sale.

Let me know when that happens for the c8z lol.

It won’t. This car will pull so much money for at least the next 5 years.
I’m aware of the current demand. That doesn’t mean it will last forever and that supply won’t catch up. I’d bet that dealers will be advertising z06’s under MSRP within 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 11:27 AM   #646
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Gee i'd take that bet, MRSP at the lowest.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 11:51 AM   #647
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I’m aware of the current demand. That doesn’t mean it will last forever and that supply won’t catch up. I’d bet that dealers will be advertising z06’s under MSRP within 3 years.
I disagree but I guess it’s good to be optimistic.

If anything we should hope it goes to normal so others get a chance to experience this car. I know I’ll be one of the first so I’m happy lol
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 11:57 AM   #648
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I disagree but I guess it’s good to be optimistic.

If anything we should hope it goes to normal so others get a chance to experience this car. I know I’ll be one of the first so I’m happy lol
Agreed, wake me up when I can order one for 3-6% under invoice like the 392 Wrangler that I ordered, which is also in incredibly high demand. I'd be happy to get a z06 at MSRP but I think dealers will eventually start accepting orders with discounts like they generally do for any cars that aren't numbered limited edition types. It might be a while but I'm not so in love with the z06 that I'd be willing to pay over MSRP for it. Maybe if it looked like a 458 or Emira, but the C8 still looks a bit "odd" to me even with the z06 aero upgrades. It's a hell of an overall package for the money though, no doubt.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 12:09 PM   #649
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Base C8 should be the first to level off. How many C8Z units is GM building a year? Can they crank out those engines like the LT4?
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      06-09-2022, 12:57 PM   #650
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

From what I am seeing and hearing from a few very knowledgeable guys in the industry: GMs, wholesalers, and locators... The C8 continues to be "highly sought after and coveted". With the market and limited availability still, this will continue for the unforseen future.
The Z06 will be even more so.
Appreciate 2
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
DrFerry6728.50
      06-09-2022, 01:16 PM   #651
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Base C8 should be the first to level off. How many C8Z units is GM building a year? Can they crank out those engines like the LT4?
As I said even 2020 c8’s are still pulling for 20k over. Used ones are 20k more than new because people can’t wait 12-14 months to get a new one.

Sure it’ll get better but we are SO FAR away from being Normal as in precovid.

The c8z will fetch for so much money people don’t understand. I get it if people don’t like seeing corvette succeed but this will be the most desired corvette generation of all time.

What a time to be a corvette fan lol
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
Cos270608.50
      06-09-2022, 01:17 PM   #652
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
From what I am seeing and hearing from a few very knowledgeable guys in the industry: GMs, wholesalers, and locators... The C8 continues to be "highly sought after and coveted". With the market and limited availability still, this will continue for the unforseen future.
The Z06 will be even more so.
2-3 years before things start to normalize.

This LT6 everyone wants lol. This z06 is something special.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 01:18 PM   #653
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Agreed, wake me up when I can order one for 3-6% under invoice like the 392 Wrangler that I ordered, which is also in incredibly high demand. I'd be happy to get a z06 at MSRP but I think dealers will eventually start accepting orders with discounts like they generally do for any cars that aren't numbered limited edition types. It might be a while but I'm not so in love with the z06 that I'd be willing to pay over MSRP for it. Maybe if it looked like a 458 or Emira, but the C8 still looks a bit "odd" to me even with the z06 aero upgrades. It's a hell of an overall package for the money though, no doubt.

You’re comparing a 392 to a c8z in terms of desirability?

They are no where near comparable in terms of what people would pay for this car. People are already agreeing to 100k adm on this car. Of course from wealthy people. No wealthy person is looking to get into a 392 wrangler lol
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      06-09-2022, 02:51 PM   #654
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You’re comparing a 392 to a c8z in terms of desirability?

They are no where near comparable in terms of what people would pay for this car. People are already agreeing to 100k adm on this car. Of course from wealthy people. No wealthy person is looking to get into a 392 wrangler lol
You'd have to be stone cold retarded to pay $100k over for a C8Z, or $50k over, or $30k over. 392's have been selling for $10-40k over MSRP since they came out for cars on the lot. I'm not making a direct car comparison, I'm just saying it's a desirable model with high demand that can still be ordered for a ~10-12% discount without hassle. The C8Z will eventually fall into the same hole, though it may take a few years. This is NOT a limited production car.

There are tons of people that put their names on the list at multiple dealers and are only going to buy one car. There are going to be people that will back out with the stock market down and interest rates up. There will be people that drive their Z06 for a year and then put it on the market once the ZR1 becomes available. That could lead to a flood of used supply. Chevy could significantly increase production of the Z06 by cutting production to other cars given that this will be more profitable. Lots of factors in play that can change the market.

It is just my opinion, but I think dealers will be openly advertising discounts on ordered C8Z's within the next 3 years. I sure hope I'm right because it doesn't appear that an MSRP GT4RS will be coming my way any time soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 02:53 PM   #655
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
No, they cannot haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 03:22 PM   #656
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: G30/M550

I live 10 minutes away from the #2 Corvette dealership in the USA (MacMulkin). Will have to swing by and see if they have any on lot.

https://www.macmulkincorvette.com/
      06-09-2022, 03:23 PM   #657
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You'd have to be stone cold retarded to pay $100k over for a C8Z, or $50k over, or $30k over. 392's have been selling for $10-40k over MSRP since they came out for cars on the lot. I'm not making a direct car comparison, I'm just saying it's a desirable model with high demand that can still be ordered for a ~10-12% discount without hassle. The C8Z will eventually fall into the same hole, though it may take a few years. This is NOT a limited production car.

There are tons of people that put their names on the list at multiple dealers and are only going to buy one car. There are going to be people that will back out with the stock market down and interest rates up. There will be people that drive their Z06 for a year and then put it on the market once the ZR1 becomes available. That could lead to a flood of used supply. Chevy could significantly increase production of the Z06 by cutting production to other cars given that this will be more profitable. Lots of factors in play that can change the market.

It is just my opinion, but I think dealers will be openly advertising discounts on ordered C8Z's within the next 3 years. I sure hope I'm right because it doesn't appear that an MSRP GT4RS will be coming my way any time soon.

I understand your point and it’s def valid but this doesn’t apply so far with the z06, going by what the stingray is being sought after right now.

This z06, with the z06 tour, the 1 hour debut video, the website visualizer that everyone posted to their social media, the most powerful NA v8 stuffed in a production car, in a first time ever mid engine corvette.

This is a supercar that you can own working a regular 9-5 job. You really think after 2 years you’ll find them sitting on lots below msrp?

This is NOTHING like past generation corvettes. The big daddy c7 zr1 when it debuted, no one gave a shit.

The stingray captured the eyes and the c8z has captured everyone’s heart. Everyone wants this car.

Believe me, I been around these corvettes for 2 decades. I never see anything like this.

This z06 will be very desirable for a long ass time.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      06-09-2022, 03:31 PM   #658
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
I live 10 minutes away from the #2 Corvette dealership in the USA (MacMulkin). Will have to swing by and see if they have any on lot. https://www.macmulkincorvette.com/
You can just come to my house..

Just kidding - but I had you goin'..

At least I hope I did.
https://www.carscoops.com/2022/04/is...as-a-2023-z06/
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2022, 04:02 PM   #659
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
I understand your point and it’s def valid but this doesn’t apply so far with the z06, going by what the stingray is being sought after right now.
Yes "right now", he is talking about 3 years from know when supply chains will be back to normal. Freaking Kia Tellurides are selling for over msrp, this current market will not last forever. Already showing signs of demand slowing down. If gas prices and interest rates continue to climb, Joe Schmo in flyover state will start to think twice about his base C8 order. Corvettes will eventually go back to being corvettes, with discounts and employee pricing available.
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1083.50
      06-09-2022, 04:25 PM   #660
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes "right now", he is talking about 3 years from know when supply chains will be back to normal. Freaking Kia Tellurides are selling for over msrp, this current market will not last forever. Already showing signs of demand slowing down. If gas prices and interest rates continue to climb, Joe Schmo in flyover state will start to think twice about his base C8 order. Corvettes will eventually go back to being corvettes, with discounts and employee pricing available.
I predict around 3 years before it starts to "normalize", then 5 for it to become completely normal.

I also stated that we don't even know how long this z06 production run might last given the strict emissions standards as time moves foward.

I'm just explaining that we have never faced what transpired in 2020 and we're still seeing the effects of it (probably even worse now) today.

Like i said, the z06 was supposed to debut in 2022. And people have already taken delivery of their 2023 stingrays and not a single word about the z06 production. They say available summer but that could be in august, with people receiving their z06's in fall, into winter, into spring. Who knows how many they can produce their first model year. Is it 5k? Is it 8k? How many z06's were produced the first model year of the C7? Big difference.

And everything about this z06 is NOTHING like the outgoing z06. And we're going to assume they're going to sit on lots 3 years from now hoping for buyers to come lol.

I guess we'll bump this thread 3 years from now to see.
Appreciate 0