New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-09-2022, 06:18 PM   #507
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Amen brother. All f-n scumbags!!!!! Going to be a lot of sad people waiting for their Z-06 at MSRP. ��
Macmulkin put in writing, "to be sold at MSRP". We all know this.

All of their current 2000+ people on the wait list are holding them accountable for that statement.

Their reputation is better than ciocca. That's why i decided to use mac instead of ciocca for this corvette purchase.

Will update for sure when i get mine on my experience with the C8Z delivery.
Times are different unfortunately. I hope they hold their word. Don't be surprised when every other dealer is getting 20-30-40 over and your in writing deal gets pissed on. If I do get one I'm assuming it's going to be over MSRP. Is what it is.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      03-09-2022, 07:14 PM   #508
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep

Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Times are different unfortunately. I hope they hold their word. Don't be surprised when every other dealer is getting 20-30-40 over and your in writing deal gets pissed on. If I do get one I'm assuming it's going to be over MSRP. Is what it is.
Macmulkin has a higher standard than ciocca/kerbeck. You really think if they stated MSRP to all their previous corvette buyers currently on their lists for new corvettes that when the time comes they'll say, "Sike! Sorry we changed our minds. We're going to have to charge a mandatory 20-30k markup"?

Do you realize the destruction of their reputation if they've done that?

Now don't get me wrong, perhaps they might say there's a slight upcharge on orders MOVING FOWARD.

But those already on the list? I highly doubt it. Some of us who have been on the list since 2019 are banking on their word.

If this was some small dealer that gets about 3 z06 allocations per year, then yeah i say there's a chance we'd get fucked. Or if it was ciocca, then yes i say there's a chance we'd get fucked.

Not mac. At least not for people who's been on the list since 2019.
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1083.50
      03-09-2022, 07:48 PM   #509
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Dealers actively try to cheat you or take advantage of every single person they can. It's sickening and it's what's wrong with the auto industry. This is why Tesla and similar brands are gaining so much ground so fast. No one wants to deal with this ****.

I had a dealer try to pull this exact same stunt, try to claim the price online the car was offered for wasn't "really" the price. After I negotiated, removed the "markups" they were trying to include, the "online" prices all of a sudden included the 5-7K dealer markup fees a few days later. There's plenty of other stuff going wrong in this case here, but the point it's not unique and it shouldn't come to this: https://www.providencejournal.com/st...ta/9426491002/

IME, it doesn't really matter what the make is, it's all of them, from the dealer here trying to sell an M2 5 years back for 80K plus or whatever to how they lie and make false claims.
Sad but true. I am happy that I know I am gettign mine at MSRP. I just wish GM would tell us pricing already
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 07:49 PM   #510
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
They can't post negative stuff in that thread or it gets locked/members get banned.

Just search other threads you'll see where people question their credibility. Especially since ciocca took over.
As a long time CF member, I can say with 100% certainty that you are correct. I have been a victim of their censorship. If it makes the forum owners $, they will cater to it/them & delete any posts saying otherwise
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 08:52 PM   #511
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Macmulkin has a higher standard than ciocca/kerbeck. You really think if they stated MSRP to all their previous corvette buyers currently on their lists for new corvettes that when the time comes they'll say, "Sike! Sorry we changed our minds. We're going to have to charge a mandatory 20-30k markup"?

Do you realize the destruction of their reputation if they've done that?

Now don't get me wrong, perhaps they might say there's a slight upcharge on orders MOVING FOWARD.

But those already on the list? I highly doubt it. Some of us who have been on the list since 2019 are banking on their word.

If this was some small dealer that gets about 3 z06 allocations per year, then yeah i say there's a chance we'd get fucked. Or if it was ciocca, then yes i say there's a chance we'd get fucked.

Not mac. At least not for people who's been on the list since 2019.
You put way more trust in a dealership than I ever would. Like I said, I hope your right. Wouldn't be surprised if they change their tune when it's money time. Probably find out in 2024. Lol
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      03-10-2022, 03:43 PM   #512
HDMI
Private
Rep

Drives: Bolt

We'll find out soon enough. I'm #130 on Ciocca's list. It's well known that they have declared that those who are on that list will get the car at MSRP. The whole internet has seen it. It'll be a complete PR disaster if they rescind on those words. That list is thousands long.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 04:05 PM   #513
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMI View Post
We'll find out soon enough. I'm #130 on Ciocca's list. It's well known that they have declared that those who are on that list will get the car at MSRP. The whole internet has seen it. It'll be a complete PR disaster if they rescind on those words. That list is thousands long.
If they go over MSRP, there will still be thousands lined up to pay over. Hoping your right. I have 3 deposits at 3 dealers in 3 states:-) Let's see if I get lucky. Lol
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      03-10-2022, 04:08 PM   #514
HDMI
Private
Rep

Drives: Bolt

Quote:
If they go over MSRP, there will still be thousands lined up to pay over. Hoping your right. I have 3 deposits at 3 dealers in 3 states:-) Let's see if I get lucky. Lol
I see you like the number 3.
Good luck man!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 04:36 PM   #515
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMI View Post
Quote:
I see you like the number 3.
Good luck man!
Lol. I hope 3 is the lucky one. Hope I get 2🤣😉
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 04:40 PM   #516
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
What to Expect @ Ron Fellows Corvette Racing School Las Vegas Nevada
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2022, 06:53 AM   #517
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You put way more trust in a dealership than I ever would. Like I said, I hope your right. Wouldn't be surprised if they change their tune when it's money time. Probably find out in 2024. Lol
Like i said i've dealt with ciocca when they were kerbeck and they were already shady. I only went there to get my C7Z because they had 18% off MSRP at a year end sale. It was a no brainer. It was the bargain of a lifetime for that type of car. But their whole business motto isn't as good as the many other dealership experiences i've had. And that speaks volumes.

I live 2 hours from ciocca, 4 hours from macmulkin. And i'm using mac to get my C8Z.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2022, 03:15 PM   #518
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
Like i said i've dealt with ciocca when they were kerbeck and they were already shady. I only went there to get my C7Z because they had 18% off MSRP at a year end sale. It was a no brainer. It was the bargain of a lifetime for that type of car. But their whole business motto isn't as good as the many other dealership experiences i've had. And that speaks volumes.

I live 2 hours from ciocca, 4 hours from macmulkin. And i'm using mac to get my C8Z.
How many hours from Criswell (Gaithersburg, Md) ? Mike Furman @ Criswell is tops in so far as new car Corvette guys go IMO.
      03-14-2022, 05:42 AM   #519
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikado463 View Post
How many hours from Criswell (Gaithersburg, Md) ? Mike Furman @ Criswell is tops in so far as new car Corvette guys go IMO.
About the same, 4-5 hours.

I think z06 allocation goes by the last MY sales of z06 from what I heard so I believe mac gets the most for the first year? Then ciocca next then the rest follow.

I think ciocca and Mac are getting the bulk of allocations for the z06, at least the first year. I’m low on the list so I’m not worried about how many allocations the first year unless they get only 75-100 then I’m fucked lol
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 07:29 AM   #520
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Saw it at Amelia Island last week. I don't like how the base looks - I think they had a vision of how it should look but didn't quite get the lines and proportions right, making it look like a supercar replica - so I thought the Z06 with all new metal would be a chance to 'fix' it.

I still don't think it looks quite right, but it's definitely better. Love the carbon wheels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
DrFerry6728.50
Red Bread4463.00
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      03-14-2022, 09:24 AM   #521
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Hope it will be at Sebring this coming weekend ! ?
      03-14-2022, 10:55 AM   #522
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Intriguing recent article from Road & Track dated March-3-2022
How Chevrolet Made the C8 Corvette Z06 Engine Bomb-Proof
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...y-reliability/
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2022, 11:41 AM   #523
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Intriguing recent article from Road & Track dated March-3-2022
How Chevrolet Made the C8 Corvette Z06 Engine Bomb-Proof
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...y-reliability/

Damn, behind a pay wall.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 12:40 PM   #524
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Damn, behind a pay wall.
Use the Opera browser.
Recently, GM hosted an event where engineers from the Chevrolet Corvette and Small Block programs gave a three-plus-hour presentation on the LT6, the engine powering the new C8 Corvette Z06. The most common point of reference throughout was the LT4, the supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 used in the C7 Corvette Z06, and currently found in the Camaro ZL1 and Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing. It's a killer engine, though early on, it was plagued with faults.

Namely, overheating. In track use, early C7 Z06s had a habit of hitting high engine temperatures and going into limp-home mode, something that led owners to file multiple class-action lawsuits against GM. Chevy fixed the problem by raising the supercharger cover starting with the 2017 Z06, but the damage to GM's reputation for building durable track cars was done. It was a rare miss for team Corvette, and while no one directly mentioned the LT4's issues in the LT6 presentation, the subtext was, "we know where we screwed up with the LT4-powered C7."

(We should note that the LT4 hasn’t shown heat-soak issues in the Camaro ZL1, the 3rd-generation Cadillac CTS-V, or the current CT5-V Blackwing. Cadillac's media launch for the CT5-V Blackwing was held at Virginia International Raceway last summer, and the cars presented no issues lapping all day in 95-degree heat with A/C on.)

LT6 engineers spent lots of time talking about how they achieved such impressive figures with this all-new 5.5-liter V-8: 670 hp at 8400 rpm, 460 lb-ft of torque at 6300 rpm, and an 8600-rpm redline. But they dedicated just as much time to explaining the cooling system, and how the engine was made to be robust.

That starts with how the LT6 is constructed. The block is made of two separate aluminum castings: one for the cylinders, water jackets, and the upper half of the crankcase, the other forming the lower crankcase and holding the oil scavenging system. It's a highly unusual design—the vast majority of V-8s built since the Thirties use a single casting for block and crankcase.

This design was employed to maximize the efficiency of the dry-sump lubrication system. Casting the crankcase separately allowed Chevy to create four sealed crankcase bays, which help to keep air out of the system, allowing the crankshaft to spin more freely and reducing pumping losses. Each crank bay has what engineers call a "gun slit" to allow oil into an individual scavenge circuit. "It's critical in a high performance engine to not aerate the oil and get it out of the crankshaft," says Jordan Lee, chief engineer for GM Small Blocks. Aerated oil wreaks havoc on bearings, and the new crankcase design and dry-sump system are designed to keep oil air-free.

There are six oil scavenge circuits in total: one for each crank bay, one that gets oil from the front cover, and one for the cylinder heads. The oil tank itself sits right on top of the pump at the front of the engine. Engineers are particularly proud of the system's efficiency, noting that at 8600 RPM, 96 percent of the engine's oil—eight quarts of 5W50—remains in the tank. That outperforms the LT4, which only retained 68 percent of its oil in the tank at redline. There's also a bottom-mounted oil cooler, which engineers say has 85 percent more cooling capacity than the LT4's. Lee says the goal with the LT6 was to keep oil temperature below 248 degrees F on track, and in track testing, temps rarely exceeds 230. The system can handle 1.25g of lateral or longitudinal acceleration, so oil starvation shouldn't be an issue.

Of course, the oiling system is critical in making a durable engine, but it doesn't stop there. Compared with the C8 Stingray, the Z06 has two additional radiators, one in the center of the front grille, and one at the driver's side rear for oil cooling. The two outboard front radiators each get a new fan and a new compressor. For track driving, the front license plate bracket is easily removed, increasing cooling airflow to the center radiator. The LT6 even gets a larger A/C compressor and pulley compared to the LT2 in the Stingray, for those 100-degree track days.

Chevy went fancy with the engine materials, for both strength and lightweighting. The forged titanium rods are the lightest ever in a Z06, as are the forged aluminum pistons. The pistons and mechanical finger followers get a diamond-like carbon coating to reduce friction. With no hydraulic tappets, the finger-follower valvetrain has “set for life” lash and gap, and after 100,000-mile tests, engineers saw "negligible" wear on these components. They also claimed to see no unusual oil consumption in track testing, and said the vacuum created by the new crankcase design actually helps keep the piston rings seated.

The LT6 is a radical departure from GM small-block tradition, incorporating engineering solutions commonly associated with limited-production cars without demanding the special treatment of those machines. "You get the exotic engine, but not the exotic ownership experience with extraordinary maintenance bills and frequency of maintenance," says Corvette chief engineer Tadge Juchter. "There is no special maintenance," Jordan Lee adds. "Change your oil and your filter, and change your spark plugs after 100,000 miles."

It's clear that the Corvette and Small Block teams want to win back those disappointed by the problems with the last Z06. The Z06 is supposed to be the most track-focused Corvette, and those early LT4 issues really damaged the C7 version’s reputation. With the C8 Z06 and its LT6, GM engineers are looking to right those wrongs. It's an enticing promise: The most powerful naturally aspirated road-car V-8 ever, with the reliability and durability we’ve come to expect from a small block.
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2022, 12:55 PM   #525
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F80

so if i want one now am i shit out of luck to get on a list lol
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      03-14-2022, 03:28 PM   #526
R N M
Colonel
Rep

Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
so if i want one now am i shit out of luck to get on a list lol
All you gotta do is bring a bag of $$$$ and you will be placed ahead of the line.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 03:35 PM   #527
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
All you gotta do is bring a bag of $$$$ and you will be placed ahead of the line.
ill just buy it used 3 years down the road. i only want for the sounds. think the exterior is a bit toy carish.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 03:40 PM   #528
R N M
Colonel
Rep

Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
ill just buy it used 3 years down the road. i only want for the sounds. think the exterior is a bit toy carish.
I’m not crazy about the exterior myself especially the rear end design.
It does look great in motion and once it has proper wheels and lowered a bit, looks MUCH better. The stock rims/offsets on regular C8 are awful.

The engine is the main reason why i put a deposit on one though.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
Mavus2029.50