Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-31-2015, 02:45 PM   #331
ptack
Brigadier General
ptack's Avatar
United_States
160
Rep
4,438
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.25]
I heard they have to call it Amazon Gear.
__________________
135i, SGM, Coral, Sport Package, Auto, Premium Hifi, USB/ipod, Apex EC-7s, PPK Stage II
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 02:46 PM   #332
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3156
Rep
6,302
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e85sbm View Post
Seems that Amazon Prime Video is only offered in a handful of countries. It will force those of us in other locations to do as we were doing before.....find a way to illegally download or watch the episodes.
I forget who Amazon licenses their shows out to, but it's some company owned by Rogers for those in Canada. But if you can't access that, yeah you can likely still illegally download them.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 02:49 PM   #333
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3156
Rep
6,302
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Arrow View Post
Yes, but they're the biggest names in automotive entertainment (if that's even an accurate portrayal of the genre).
I can't recall where I found this, but I've heard this is significantly higher than what the BBC was paying.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 03:10 PM   #334
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
3059
Rep
8,106
Posts

 
Drives: Smog machines
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread
Awesome. I hate Netflix and was afraid I'd have to go back.
Why do you hate Netflix?

I have both but wish it was on Netflix.
Harboring anger over the way they botched DVD's and their initial crap streaming. I just don't like to support hapless companies.

Plus they're like a BevMo that puts schnapps in front of all the other liquors, wines and beer. Sure, they have a lot of good content, but they make it hard to find and try to offer you the terrible Kirschwasser at every turn.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 03:53 PM   #335
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
Golden Arrow's Avatar
United_States
189
Rep
530
Posts

 
Drives: F36 430i GC
Join Date: May 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Arrow View Post
Yes, but they're the biggest names in automotive entertainment (if that's even an accurate portrayal of the genre).
I can't recall where I found this, but I've heard this is significantly higher than what the BBC was paying.
Clarkson's salary as a presenter was north of 1 million a year, with additional income from all of the columns and other stuff he did/does.

The Amazon deal is definitely a big one.
__________________
2017 430i GC
2013 335i
2004 330ci
2003 330xi (Forever in my heart )
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 04:34 PM   #336
MightyMouseTech
Major General
MightyMouseTech's Avatar
3451
Rep
5,435
Posts

 
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ottawa, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I forget who Amazon licenses their shows out to, but it's some company owned by Rogers for those in Canada. But if you can't access that, yeah you can likely still illegally download them.
Interesting. I have Rogers Shomi, may actually use it!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 05:00 PM   #337
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3156
Rep
6,302
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Interesting. I have Rogers Shomi, may actually use it!
Shomi that's it!

Yeah Amazon isn't stupid enough to leave all that money on the table for those around the world who don't have access to AP.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 06:31 PM   #338
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1986
Rep
8,340
Posts

 
Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

I now officially hate Chris Evans. No. I hated him before. Now it's loathe.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 06:38 PM   #339
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
530
Rep
1,420
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Hollywood, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread
Awesome. I hate Netflix and was afraid I'd have to go back.
Why do you hate Netflix?

I have both but wish it was on Netflix.
Harboring anger over the way they botched DVD's and their initial crap streaming. I just don't like to support hapless companies.

Plus they're like a BevMo that puts schnapps in front of all the other liquors, wines and beer. Sure, they have a lot of good content, but they make it hard to find and try to offer you the terrible Kirschwasser at every turn.
Wth lol ok..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 01:25 PM   #340
BimmerLover98
Private
10
Rep
52
Posts

 
Drives: F10 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

God bless torrents am i right?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 10:42 PM   #341
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
Imola.ZHP's Avatar
United_States
125
Rep
2,229
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mud Island, TN

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Imola.ZHP Send a message via MSN to Imola.ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to Imola.ZHP
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 02:56 PM   #342
Brandan303
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Loveland, CO

iTrader: (0)

Can't wait for these guys to start putting out new work. The US top gear is just painful to watch. Their humor is what made the show. It was a nice change of pace from the usual American car humor.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 03:17 PM   #343
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
530
Rep
1,420
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Hollywood, CA

iTrader: (0)

Just read Clarkson is getting paid 15 million per year, Hammond and May are getting about 10 million each. That's quit a raise.

Cost will be about 7 million per episode vs 1.5 million it was costing BBC.
__________________
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2015, 05:26 PM   #344
rjd598
Major General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
1215
Rep
6,416
Posts

 
Drives: F30 340i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Just read Clarkson is getting paid 15 million per year, Hammond and May are getting about 10 million each. That's quit a raise.

Cost will be about 7 million per episode vs 1.5 million it was costing BBC.
the budget is $7 million per episode versus $1.5 budget from the bbc
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST