BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

BPM

01-21-2021, 04:42 PM   #1
Winter.M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
New coil pack question

Question in paragraph 2 if you don't want to read story.

So I replaced all my spark plugs and everything seemed to be in good shape, took the car 1 mile down the road and I get engine malfunction; power reduced error. I remembered one of the clips broke on the coil pack (the one that lets the clip attach to the coil pack to get electricity). So I take off all the parts again and electrical tape them together. It ended up working really well, I even did a pull or two and everything was fine. Buttt I didn't want the electrical tape just there so I ordered a new one, but the one I ordered didn't seem right. I got it from ecs tuning (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-uro-part...137841754~uro/).

Seems good, but when I went to put it in I didn't hear the audible click sound like the oem (the vacuum click). It pulls out with a medium pull. I was just wondering if when I start the car again it'll vacuum itself or if I should call for a return and get a genuine bmw.

I broke another one while in the process of install of the new one... Sooo if there is a reputable and cheaper one (less than ~85 for oem...) link it please
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 03:14 AM   #2
Winter.M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'm just gonna JB weld the clips onto the coil pack. Didn't think of it until a friend told me
Appreciate 0