New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-12-2022, 09:29 AM   #23
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Drives: Super73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
Nada.

I just found out about it from your post - thanks!

How long have you been on the list? Any idea how long the list has been open?
I put my reservation in maybe 4 months ago. No idea how long its been up. Its admittedly a total gamble but it's only $73 and is supposedly fully refundable. Even if the company goes under (which I doubt will happen) and my deposit is gone forever, it was fun to dream.

Now if Alpha Motors would only come into reality, I'd really be pumped.
I read the Terms & Conditions. You can cancel any time and for any reason with a full refund, but if you do you can't get back on the list. It's also an agreement you will not turn around and resale the bike.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 09:41 AM   #24
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Put my refundable $73 deposit down on the C1. No production date announced yet so who knows if it'll actually happen, but it'll be cool if it does!

Pretty neat! Any idea on final price? I must have missed it on their website.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 10:05 AM   #25
Conissah
Major
Rep

Drives: 2018 M3

Not quite sure what the point is? It wont be good on trails due to the small tires (and shouldn't be taken on them anyways since it has a throttle and is essentially an electric dirtbike). Guess it would be good for exploring around your house or riding to the gas station and back, but even then you would need sidewalks. I wouldn't want to ride one on the road, may just be me though.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 11:44 AM   #26
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Quote:
Put my refundable $73 deposit down on the C1. No production date announced yet so who knows if it'll actually happen, but it'll be cool if it does!

Pretty neat! Any idea on final price? I must have missed it on their website.
Final price isn't announced, but they're promising it will be "approachable".

Other hopeful specs from lead designer include 75+ MPH, around 250 lbs (including 80 lb battery), and 100 mile range. Suitable for short jaunts on the interstate, but mostly suited for around town.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 11:50 AM   #27
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Not quite sure what the point is? It wont be good on trails due to the small tires (and shouldn't be taken on them anyways since it has a throttle and is essentially an electric dirtbike). Guess it would be good for exploring around your house or riding to the gas station and back, but even then you would need sidewalks. I wouldn't want to ride one on the road, may just be me though.
Most of the speed limits around me are 20-30 mph and nearly all the streets have sidewalks. The larger 6 lane roads with 45-50 mph usually have very wide sidewalks. For me this makes it great for running around my neighborhoods and stopping for small errands or a bite to eat, while getting a little more exercise than I would in the 240.

At 80 lbs it's obviously not suitable for hard core steep mountain bike trails, but I wouldn't hesitate to take it on anything you'd do in a Jeep while staying out of 4wd low.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 11:50 AM   #28
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
Final price isn't announced, but they're promising it will be "approachable".

Other hopeful specs from lead designer include 75+ MPH, around 250 lbs (including 80 lb battery), and 100 mile range. Suitable for short jaunts on the interstate, but mostly suited for around town.
It would make for an incredible pit-bike option at the track. I'd be concerned it would reach "real" bike $$ territory, but I think it would be killer. Slap some more aggressive tires on it and it would be a hoot to go run some service roads and pick up groceries on the way back.
Appreciate 1
XC3LLR82056.50
      08-12-2022, 02:44 PM   #29
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
It would make for an incredible pit-bike option at the track. I'd be concerned it would reach "real" bike $$ territory, but I think it would be killer. Slap some more aggressive tires on it and it would be a hoot to go run some service roads and pick up groceries on the way back.
I'll be shocked if it comes in under $12k. it will 100% be in "real bike" territory from a cost perspective. Still, it looks to be an awesome urban transport solution. When I do go into the office, my commute is about 6 miles, all city streets and arterials. Parking is free for motorcycles but $14 for the day for cars. This will be totally perfect for that. All the freedom and fun of a motorcycle without the noise and fuss of gas. Plus, 100% torque at 0 MPH for the electric motor will make for a really fun ride and no doubt some shenanigans.
Appreciate 2
XC3LLR82056.50