New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-23-2022, 08:52 PM   #6139
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I am surprised your D.D.A.'s don't place everybody on-call. It would be a better way to allocate the time.
The defendant is even pissing his own attorney off with all of the stalling and delays. The DA's witness schedule is already blown to bits, and I got the impression from hallway conversations that the judge wants this 2+ week case wrapped up before the July 4th holiday weekend. They don't want any delays for witnesses to travel from on-call.....
      06-23-2022, 08:55 PM   #6140
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
I am surprised your D.D.A.'s don't place everybody on-call. It would be a better way to allocate the time.
The defendant is even pissing his own attorney off with all of the stalling and delays. The DA's witness schedule is already blown to bits, and I got the impression from hallway conversations that the judge wants this 2+ week case wrapped up before the July 4th holiday weekend. They don't want any delays for witnesses to travel from on-call.....
It sounds like a mess. I would be incredibly annoyed.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615187.00
      06-24-2022, 12:46 AM   #6141
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
I was fortunate enough to not be selected for jury duty on a murder trial by one gang banger of another gang banger. They did tell us it would be a 6 week trial with lots of witnesses.

I answered the questionaire honestly and they wanted nothing to do with me. But hey, they asked if I thought every member of a gang was a criminal and I said yes. They asked why and I wrote "isn't that the whole point of a criminal gang?".

Ended last week with a guilty verdict. I haven't heard the sentence yet but not my problem. I only hoped they reached the right verdict which since they decided in one day seems they had no concerns about getting the right guy. Despite the one hour commute each way every day I was prepared to serve.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25016.50
vreihen1615187.00
      06-24-2022, 01:20 AM   #6142
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
I was fortunate enough to not be selected for jury duty on a murder trial by one gang banger of another gang banger. They did tell us it would be a 6 week trial with lots of witnesses.

I answered the questionaire honestly and they wanted nothing to do with me. But hey, they asked if I thought every member of a gang was a criminal and I said yes. They asked why and I wrote "isn't that the whole point of a criminal gang?".

Ended last week with a guilty verdict. I haven't heard the sentence yet but not my problem. I only hoped they reached the right verdict which since they decided in one day seems they had no concerns about getting the right guy. Despite the one hour commute each way every day I was prepared to serve.
The very definition states that a gang is:

• comprised of a group of 3 or more people
• who use a common identifying sign or symbol
• whose members engage in criminal activity
• …and where the primary purpose is the commission of one or more crimes

The defense wanted you to set that aside and have sympathy for the victimizers/criminals. Some criminal defense attorneys will have a special place in hell to burn.
Appreciate 4
vreihen1615187.00
jamesinaz1643.50
      06-24-2022, 07:47 AM   #6143
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Some criminal defense attorneys will have a special place in hell to burn.
Remember, they are the *only* people in a courtroom who are not under oath.....
      06-24-2022, 09:01 AM   #6144
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

The defense wanted you to set that aside and have sympathy for the victimizers/criminals. Some criminal defense attorneys will have a special place in hell to burn.
I'm not sure the DA wanted me either. They also asked if I could obey all the instructions given by the judge. I answered it depends. I mean hey, what if he instructs me to jump out a window. I'm not a sheep here dudes I am a jurist who brings my life experiences and if I see a railroad trial I'm not gonna just vote the way they want.

Truth be told I would be a good jurist. Despite any bias I have developed in life the burden of proof in a murder trial is on the DA. Prove it and get your conviction. Fail to prove it and sorry charlie.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25016.50
Buug95917361.50
      06-24-2022, 09:02 AM   #6145
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:

so all politicians are gang members
Appreciate 5
Sedan_Clan25016.50
________4158.50
vreihen1615187.00
paquet629.50
      06-24-2022, 09:05 AM   #6146
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure the DA wanted me either. They also asked if I could obey all the instructions given by the judge. I answered it depends. I mean hey, what if he instructs me to jump out a window. I'm not a sheep here dudes I am a jurist who brings my life experiences and if I see a railroad trial I'm not gonna just vote the way they want.

Truth be told I would be a good jurist. Despite any bias I have developed in life the burden of proof in a murder trial is on the DA. Prove it and get your conviction. Fail to prove it and sorry charlie.
+1

Prove it and the conviction is yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Quote:

so all politicians are gang members
One could argue that if you made the case that politics is criminal in nature.
Appreciate 2
      06-24-2022, 09:17 AM   #6147
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep

Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
+1

Every year at tax time, money is forcibly extracted from me without my consent. Does that count?
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25016.50
      06-24-2022, 09:21 AM   #6148
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
Quote:
+1

Every year at tax time, money is forcibly extracted from me without my consent. Does that count?
Well considering certain taxation was designed and presented to be temporary (…but of course, the government will never willingly relinquish power granted to them), you could make the argument.
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2022, 09:59 AM   #6149
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
I have a question. If someone overdoses and is given Narcan at around midnight (and not transported to a hospital or given any other medical treatment), is it plausible that said individual could eat a normal breakfast and walk over a mile down the road at 7 AM?????
      06-24-2022, 10:13 AM   #6150
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I have a question. If someone overdoses and is given Narcan at around midnight (and not transported to a hospital or given any other medical treatment), is it plausible that said individual could eat a normal breakfast and walk over a mile down the road at 7 AM?????
It depends on what drug was used to overdose. There are downside effects to drugs, but they vary depending on the class of drug. Considering tweekers walk around aimlessly while high all of the time, covering a mile in zombie-mode isn't a far fetched scenario. My local tweekers cover ground in an impressive fashion.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615187.00
      06-24-2022, 10:18 AM   #6151
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

The federal components of Roe v. Wade have been overturned in another landmark United States Supreme Court decision. Looks like my department will be on tactical alert. The riots/protests are bound to occur.

The majority opinion was written by Justice Alito…

"…We end this opinion where we began. Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority. We now overrule those decisions and return that authority to the people and their elected representatives."

Well done! Alito, like Thomas, has been rational, reasonable and fair. There were no explicit Constitutional protections and it should've always been a states rights issue to begin with.
Appreciate 3
      06-24-2022, 10:53 AM   #6152
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Are police forces ramping up for the "mostly peaceful" protests planned by the anguished left over the Roe v Wade decision?

I'm OK with protest. But it should require police in riot gear to keep the peace. We have lost civility.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25016.50
vreihen1615187.00
      06-24-2022, 11:00 AM   #6153
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Are police forces ramping up for the "mostly peaceful" protests planned by the anguished left over the Roe v Wade decision?

I'm OK with protest. But it should require police in riot gear to keep the peace. We have lost civility.
I'm off today, but I'm certain we are as well as the surrounding agencies in Los Angeles. It's funny how certain groups push the narrative(s) that the protests are mostly peaceful. In my neck of the woods, very few were…..and the one or two small protests that did qualify as "peaceful" - only because nothing was damaged and/or no fights occurred - were on the knife's edge of turning bad. They threatened us, attempted to break established police barriers, etc. Every other protest was really a riot replete with us getting into fights, shooting less lethal munitions, government property being damaged/vandalized, etc.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615187.00
      06-24-2022, 11:03 AM   #6154
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm off today, but I'm certain we are as well as the surrounding agencies in Los Angeles. It's funny how certain groups push the narrative(s) that the protests are mostly peaceful. In my neck of the woods, very few were…..and the one or two small protests that did qualify as "peaceful" - only because nothing was damaged and/or no fights occurred - were on the knife's edge of turning bad. They threatened us, attempted to break established police barriers, etc. Every other protest was really a riot replete with us getting into fights, shooting less lethal munitions, government property being damaged/vandalized, etc.
I think the term "mostly peaceful" has become a satire. Anyone with a brain can see they aren't. Every single BLM protest seemed to turn into a riot once it got dark. I may be wrong but I believe the underbelly of the ghetto used these protests to riot and loot. Those who actually believed they were justified in their protest were useful tools for the criminal class.
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan25016.50
jmack548.50
paquet629.50
      06-24-2022, 11:07 AM   #6155
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I think the term "mostly peaceful" has become a satire. Anyone with a brain can see they aren't. Every single BLM protest seemed to turn into a riot once it got dark. I may be wrong but I believe the underbelly of the ghetto used these protests to riot and loot. Those who actually believed they were justified in their protest were useful tools for the criminal class.
You're absolutely right. The large majority just wanted to loot stores. Many of the riots and looting were pre-planned and coordinated on various social media platforms we monitored. We have an intelligence team that monitors even the lowest level platforms for terrorist behavior.
Appreciate 2
paquet629.50
      06-24-2022, 11:21 AM   #6156
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

politicians represent us - for better or for worse - it just takes a crap ton of money to win nowadays. So you tend to get lawyers and ceo's. It's a thankless job and in most cases a calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25016.50
      06-24-2022, 12:49 PM   #6157
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
I'm off today.
Enjoy it while it lasts as it’s gonna be a bumpy ride!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25016.50
      06-24-2022, 01:27 PM   #6158
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You're absolutely right. The large majority just wanted to loot stores.
I was just thinking that today would be a good time to pick up a new jumbo flat screen TV.....
      06-24-2022, 02:04 PM   #6159
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
My niece is in DC going to law school and has an intern job over the summer so she is still there. She just sent this to my sister, they are plastered all over town. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like it will be an ugly weekend.

Name:  DC.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  29.9 KB
vreihen1615187.00
      06-24-2022, 02:23 PM   #6160
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Quote:
I'm off today.
Enjoy it while it lasts as it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

Tell me about it. I would normally be working tonight too, but I've been off since the beginning of my work week due to a medical issue. I return to work tomorrow afternoon for a 16-hour shift, but I truly may not be able to work. I might get sent home again. As I sit here today, I am still useless. Bad conjunctivitis in both eyes still.

Quote:
Quote:
You're absolutely right. The large majority just wanted to loot stores.
I was just thinking that today would be a good time to pick up a new jumbo flat screen TV.....
Right?!? If I were a shady ass criminal, I would have picked up some new Dainese riding gear when they raided the Costa Mesa and Santa Monica stores. I jest, but yeah……rioters and looters raided the stores; as if Dainese had anything to do with George Floyd and the other nonsense BLM championed that year (…remember their original "reason" was to loot the stores/businesses that were systematically racist and supported white supremacy). Nonsense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
My niece is in DC going to law school and has an intern job over the summer so she is still there. She just sent this to my sister, they are plastered all over town. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like it will be an ugly weekend.

Attachment 2916170
There were already a few because of the prior document leak, so I know it's going to erupt. On one hand, let them bring it on. We The People will not be bullied by them. If they want it, we'll give it to them (…professionally speaking).
Appreciate 0