New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

12-11-2016, 11:06 PM   #1123
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Wasn't that from last week? When Pittsburgh whooped the giants?

How the hell are you going to come in here all of sudden and pound your chest? At least the cowboy fans who I get into it with are here weekly, win or lose.

And anyone who's been here knows I'm a Hawks fan.

GTFOOH
No, a whooping is what Green Bay did to ya today. Embarrassing.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 11:08 PM   #1124
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]

Last edited by StatenEye; 12-12-2016 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 11:40 PM   #1125
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

2nd loss of the entire season. Stop the presses!!! The Dallas Cowboys are human???
I will accept a 3 point loss than a foking BLOW OUT any day. Disappointing, sure. Panic? Fok no lol! Divisional games are ALWAYS ultra competitive typically. Dak and the offense was stagnant but Dez fumbling the ball and missing routes earlier didn't help.
Fact is... We've already clinched a Playoff spot! On a positive note, other than count em, one bad play worth mentioning, the defense played solid as one could possibly hope. So I'm still feeling good closing this season out and looking at the big prize.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 11:41 PM   #1126
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
2nd loss of the entire season. Stop the presses!!! The Dallas Cowboys are human???
I will accept a 3 point loss than a foking BLOW OUT any day. Disappointing, sure. Panic? Fok no lol! Divisional games are ALWAYS ultra competitive typically. Dak and the offense was stagnant but Dez fumbling the ball and missing routes earlier didn't help.
Fact is... We've already clinched a Playoff spot! On a positive note, other than count em, one bad play worth mentioning, the defense played solid as one could possibly hope. So I'm still feeling good closing this season out and looking at the big prize.
I'd love to be 11-2
      12-11-2016, 11:48 PM   #1127
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'd love to be 11-2
What I am really interested in... How will the young man, Dak, bounce back in yet another Prime Time game after a loss?
I give NY credit. They were relentless with the blitz! I'm honestly surprised coaching staff didn't adjust?
If it weren't for Sean Lee and the defense, this game could have been far worse!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 12:01 AM   #1128
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I'd love to be 11-2
What I am really interested in... How will the young man, Dak, bounce back in yet another Prime Time game after a loss?
I give NY credit. They were relentless with the blitz! I'm honestly surprised coaching staff didn't adjust?
If it weren't for Sean Lee and the defense, this game could have been far worse!
You don't think Jerry Jones will fight to have romo back in the line up for Sunday?

I think he may go that route if you guys lose at home to the bucs (who all of a sudden are the biggest wild card threat) their defense is stinnnggyy
      12-12-2016, 06:12 AM   #1129
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Good teams kryptonite......Big Blue, Great D scheme by the giants, using tactics you cant use on brady (the blitz) seasoned QBs adjust.

Great game coming up tonight, ravens always play my boys tough.

12-12-2016, 07:41 AM   #1130
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Dallas SHOULD go 3-0 the rest of the way, however, if they lose against TB then a real controversy will emerge. Think about this, if Romo even steps foot on the field and plays well anytime during the last three games and/or playoffs, is Dak given the starting job next season? Do they keep Romo and have them both compete?
Appreciate 3
TXSTYLE13651.00
Taskmaster2463.00
      12-12-2016, 08:18 AM   #1131
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Go gmen.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2016, 09:06 AM   #1132
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Dallas SHOULD go 3-0 the rest of the way, however, if they lose against TB then a real controversy will emerge. Think about this, if Romo even steps foot on the field and plays well anytime during the last three games and/or playoffs, is Dak given the starting job next season? Do they keep Romo and have them both compete?
I was thinking the same thing.

You can tell that if jerry jones didn't have his son to get in his ear for better judgement- there'd already be an announcement.

I think if TB which has proven to be a wild card - roughs Dallas up in their home, Tony romos number will be called. I'd be shocked if they leave Dak in there
      12-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #1133
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

you were the one saying the offense couldn't be stopped. you're changing your tune mighty quick. Any person with a half of a brain knows any offense can be stopped. Especially one with only two playmakers.

would be mighty funny to see tampa take them down in dallas, not only for the L, but i just can't wait to here the dak vs romo controversy for weeks to come. lmao
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #1134
csu87
Banned
Rep

Drives: 09 335xi

no Romo vs Dak controversy. There wont be one anytime soon either. Only people who think there is, are the fairweather fans and the morons.

This is one of those games that will show how well the young guys can bounce back. Thought that Vikings game would have woken them up some, but this one definitely will.

Dak didnt play well, but the coaches need to remember hes a rookie qb and we dont need to throw the ball 40 times in a close game in bad weather. In no world should the giants have more rushing attempts than the cowboys.

Guess it could have been worse though. We coulda got destroyed by GB
Appreciate 4
9krpmrx8808.00
VRG_135836.50
TXSTYLE13651.00
Taskmaster2463.00
      12-12-2016, 10:16 AM   #1135
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Drives: 6.3 AMG

i'm going to be laughing my ass off if we lose to the rams thursday primetime. if that happens, coaching changes (cough) bevel, need to be addressed.

last 3 games against them, 3 L'S...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 10:19 AM   #1136
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i'm going to be laughing my ass off if we lose to the rams thursday primetime. if that happens, coaching changes (cough) bevel, need to be addressed.

last 3 games against them, 3 L'S...
luckily fisher is still there and the rams are imploding. I think you guys will be ok.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #1137
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep

Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

The Giants know how to rough us up but it's all good, can't win them all
Appreciate 2
VRG_135836.50
TXSTYLE13651.00
      12-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #1138
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Next week we'll see what kind of adjustments the boys make. If they can beat TB, then we are ok. TB has won what, 5 or 6 in a row? One of our adjustments had better be to run the ball more. If we beat TB, then Giants fans, you'll know that last nights game was your season highlight. You won't have a chance to win the division.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13651.00
      12-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #1139
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Should Dak struggle next Sunday Night at home against the Bucs (which I seriously doubt!) I could see Jerry pushing the panic button at starting Romo. But I don't see Dallas losing anymore games and they should lock up the Division and Home Field.

I have said many times how Divisional rivals pose much more difficult games than even better teams (on paper) due to the specific rivalry. When comparing the Giants play to any other "good team" this season, they looked entirely different!
Not taking anything away from them because Dallas coaching did NOT adjust to the all night blitzing. I am honestly tired of Dallas throwing 99.9% of 1st down.
Part of me wants to see what Romo has left. But NOT after a couple of losses by the the current league MVP rookie sensation! Looking back at the games where Dak won 11 in a row. No WAY does Romo do that! And I really like the guy.
      12-12-2016, 11:15 AM   #1140
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
no Romo vs Dak controversy. There wont be one anytime soon either. Only people who think there is, are the fairweather fans and the morons.

This is one of those games that will show how well the young guys can bounce back. Thought that Vikings game would have woken them up some, but this one definitely will.

Dak didnt play well, but the coaches need to remember hes a rookie qb and we dont need to throw the ball 40 times in a close game in bad weather. In no world should the giants have more rushing attempts than the cowboys.

Guess it could have been worse though. We coulda got destroyed by GB
AMEN!!!
      12-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #1141
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Should Dak struggle next Sunday Night at home against the Bucs (which I seriously doubt!) I could see Jerry pushing the panic button at starting Romo. But I don't see Dallas losing anymore games and they should lock up the Division and Home Field.

I have said many times how Divisional rivals pose much more difficult games than even better teams (on paper) due to the specific rivalry. When comparing the Giants play to any other "good team" this season, they looked entirely different!
Not taking anything away from them because Dallas coaching did NOT adjust to the all night blitzing. I am honestly tired of Dallas throwing 99.9% of 1st down.
Part of me wants to see what Romo has left. But NOT after a couple of losses by the the current league MVP rookie sensation! Looking back at the games where Dak won 11 in a row. No WAY does Romo do that! And I really like the guy.
Jerry may freak out and want to put Romo back in, but I think he trusts his team around him to make the right call and not force his hand. There's no way Garret or Stephan Jones lets Jerry put Romo back in after a couple mediocre performances.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 11:27 AM   #1142
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Jerry may freak out and want to put Romo back in, but I think he trusts his team around him to make the right call and not force his hand. There's no way Garret or Stephan Jones lets Jerry put Romo back in after a couple mediocre performances.
Agreed! Far too much success to this point. Dak has earned the right to finish this season.
      12-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #1143
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Vikings stopped the CBoys, but couldn't capitalize and take the win (just like with Detroit the week before)

Please oh please get healthy AP!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 12:14 PM   #1144
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
Next week we'll see what kind of adjustments the boys make. If they can beat TB, then we are ok. TB has won what, 5 or 6 in a row? One of our adjustments had better be to run the ball more. If we beat TB, then Giants fans, you'll know that last nights game was your season highlight. You won't have a chance to win the division.
I know its petty and sad but we would be happy with that being our season highlight. This win for the locals was more about silencing the flag waiver 'Boys fans in the NY area that have never even been out of state, never mind to Texas. You have no idea whats its like to deal with these guys, shutting them up is most satisfying. Why in the world would anyone root for a team not from their area is beyond me.. whats the point!

Boys fans from Texas are totally respected and hated for the right reasons lol.. You guys know your football and stick by the team through think and thin which makes the rivalry great. You guys deserve another Superbowl soon, great franchise and awesome local (in Texas and surrounding states) fan base. Hard saying from a die hard Gmen fan.
Appreciate 0