New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #89
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by limited_slip View Post
How come the military haven't apologize and take responsibility for this "accident."

They should shut down all military bases around populated area. I don't have problems with the military. the government should move all the bases in the desert or something to prevent similiar incidents.

BTW...did you see footage of the pilot on his cell phone all laughing, joking, and smiling after the incident? What a jerk!!!!!!!!
how come you did not apologize for being an idiot and shut down your internet access, so nobody else has to suffer from your completely ignorant posts?

oh, and i hate to break it down to you, but pretty much all of the military bases are around populated areas.
      12-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #90
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Chevy Aveo

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #91
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
Are you people crazy (no offense)? I live in the Norfolk/VA beach/Newport News region of VA. Home to the 1st Flight Squadron, an army base, the biggest Naval Base in the western hemisphere, and one of the largest shipyards in the world (the only one building Nimitz class carriers)

Without the military, the entire economy of a region of 1.5+ million would literally disintegrate. You can't act like the military is some seperate entity from the country they protect. The military is made up of normal people with normal lives living in normal towns.

So if you move all of the bases to the desert, these people are going to need a place to live, places to send their kids to school, a places to shop, places to live normal lives when they're not out risking them for us. So once again, you have cities building up around them. I can guarantee you that if the military were to move out of populated regions... my entire region would probably have to take up agriculture or something.
I agree with everything you say, however don't try to tell him anything logical, a quick read of his posts will tell you he has no macro understanding of how American Society functions. Each post from him is more amusing than his previous post.

He really needs to change his screen name from limited slip to "oops, I slipped and hit my head". There's nothing limited about his slip.
      12-11-2008, 05:58 PM   #92
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 1

I'm really surprised by some of the comments in this thread. Do some of you actually think the pilot thought, "Well my plane is going down, so I'm just gonna aim for that group of houses over there"? It was an ACCIDENT. A very sad accident.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #93
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
Are you people crazy (no offense)? I live in the Norfolk/VA beach/Newport News region of VA. Home to the 1st Flight Squadron, an army base, the biggest Naval Base in the western hemisphere, and one of the largest shipyards in the world (the only one building Nimitz class carriers)

Without the military, the entire economy of a region of 1.5+ million would literally disintegrate. You can't act like the military is some seperate entity from the country they protect. The military is made up of normal people with normal lives living in normal towns.

So if you move all of the bases to the desert, these people are going to need a place to live, places to send their kids to school, a places to shop, places to live normal lives when they're not out risking them for us. So once again, you have cities building up around them. I can guarantee you that if the military were to move out of populated regions... my entire region would probably have to take up agriculture or something.
What about protecting our borders? I don't think it would be a good idea to have the closest air base 500 miles away.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #94
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
What about protecting our borders? I don't think it would be a good idea to have the closest air base 500 miles away.
yea, you don't want the donkey show sneaking over the border from tijuana.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #95
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
what do you think target practice involves?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #96
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #97
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
I read through some of the posts from "full" slip. It appears he's just a shit-stirrer. He also seems to like the Hershey highway a lot, he's mentioned it in 3 or 4 different posts. I'm not sure if that's with men or women.
      12-12-2008, 06:58 AM   #98
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
I read through some of the posts from "full" slip. It appears he's just a shit-stirrer. He also seems to like the Hershey highway a lot, he's mentioned it in 3 or 4 different posts. I'm not sure if that's with men or women.
Hershey highway LOL
      12-12-2008, 07:21 AM   #99
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep

Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Sad accident..................freedom comes at a cost..........................few people realise this.

Nothing wrong with strong defence IMHO

Skierman64;
Ik do love my F-16 simulator ( Falcon 4.0 and Falcon Allied Force) would be a dream come true to fly a real F-16..................( just give me a PM if there is some room in your F-16 B)
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #100
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Brings a needed laugh to a sad thread.
Quote:
why do they let people with no experience fly multi-billion dollar aircrafts?

these pilots need to stick to the simulators. real jet should be reserved for real pilots. Also, the only time pilot are allowed to fly is during war.

save money by forcing pilots to train in flight simulators
risk mitigations by only flying in combat. no actual flying in populated area.

It is sad how no one mentioned the 4 lives that were lost. everyone is talking about the poor jet and the idiot pilot.

why do we even need a military?

I'm really not sure if you are just a shit-stirer or you are delusional.

Did you even hear what the father/husband of the deceased said? He doesn't blame the pilot, nor has any ill will towards him.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 11:26 AM   #101
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep

Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
why do they let people with no experience fly multi-billion dollar aircrafts?

these pilots need to stick to the simulators. real jet should be reserved for real pilots. Also, the only time pilot are allowed to fly is during war.

save money by forcing pilots to train in flight simulators
risk mitigations by only flying in combat. no actual flying in populated area.

It is sad how no one mentioned the 4 lives that were lost. everyone is talking about the poor jet and the idiot pilot.

why do we even need a military?
Wow man do all of us a favor and stfu. How are they going to fly only during war if they've never flown a jet before. And as real as simulators can get, nothing can come close to the real feeling of flying.

And we need a military so a dumb fuck like you can sit at home and post stupid shit online now GTFO

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #102
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Of course the poor guy did not blame the military. He was scared and felt threaten! A jet was flying over his head!!!!
he was "threaten" because the jet was flying over his head?
Oh yeah, this is CLEARLY an intimidation of a victim by US Armed Forces.

dude, please change your nick to limited_grip... on reality....
      12-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #103
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Did you see the press conference the father gave a few days ago?
while the father was grieving over the LOSS OF HIS ENTIRE FAMILY, the damn navy did a fly by over the press conference.

wow...these naval cowboys have no respect. They bomb his house and now they flew over the press conference to disrupt and intimidate the father.

Of course the poor guy did not blame the military. He was scared and felt threaten! A jet was flying over his head!!!!
The news conference was at the high school built on final to Miramar NAS which is just 700 yards from where the jet crashed. They aren't going to stop flying just because there was a news conference.

Now....follow these instructions carefully.

1. Put down the crack pipe
2. Step away from the computer
      12-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #104
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
damn it! those F-18's are not precise at all... how did they miss u by a mile man?!

jk
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #105
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep

Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Did you see the press conference the father gave a few days ago?
while the father was grieving over the LOSS OF HIS ENTIRE FAMILY, the damn navy did a fly by over the press conference.

wow...these naval cowboys have no respect. They bomb his house and now they flew over the press conference to disrupt and intimidate the father.

UT OH - WE HAVE A MORON.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #106
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Instead of crashing jets at air shows and in people houses, why don't the navy patrol the coast off the horn of africa to combat somalia's pirates?

Man...our US Navy sucks and they need to do their job. Thier job is to patrol's the world ocean and secure vital sea lanes and NOT bomb/crash their jets into cilivian houses.
You're s funny guy. I laugh at your mental handicaps
      12-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #107
Kbueno
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
I'm impressed you have internet service in a cave. Please go back and bury your head in the sand.

No, fighter jets don't glide very well (big aircraft, small wings). The angle of approach required to glide would make for a very steep and dangerous approach.

The rules would be different for an operational sortie vs a training sortie. Since this was a training sortie he returned to the big piece of concrete for the landing vs the moving ship.
Still think pilot should of gained some atlitude...Miramar has a long enough runway to come in a little high for an approach. Where are the details? At what point did the 2nd engine go out (I saw the approx location on 1 of the graphics, but better telemetry would help). I dunno..I would of stayed till the last possible sec to try and aim for an open area..maybe he did that, sure would be nice to see the data.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 12:21 AM   #108
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep

Drives: -

Quote:
Instead of crashing jets at air shows and in people houses, why don't the navy patrol the coast off the horn of africa to combat somalia's pirates?

Man...our US Navy sucks and they need to do their job. Thier job is to patrol's the world ocean and secure vital sea lanes and NOT bomb/crash their jets into cilivian houses.
Actually the US is petitioning the UN security counsel to allow just that. Even if the Navy were able to help the situation with the Somali pirates, they still wouldn't be able to pull your head out of your ass unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 07:10 AM   #109
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335lvr View Post
Still think pilot should of gained some atlitude...Miramar has a long enough runway to come in a little high for an approach. Where are the details? At what point did the 2nd engine go out (I saw the approx location on 1 of the graphics, but better telemetry would help). I dunno..I would of stayed till the last possible sec to try and aim for an open area..maybe he did that, sure would be nice to see the data.
Have you ever flown a real aircraft? You don't try something new (a very steep approach) that you've never practiced, during an actual emergency. In addition, the type of approach that would have allowed him to glide to a landing would have to be very, very steep, not just a little steeper than normal.

He missed the open area by 70 yards, which isn't that far when you're traveling 150 mph. Also note, once he lost his second engine, he no longer had any electronics (which run his instrumentation) or hydraulics (which operate his flight controls).

Quote:
How do we know that the 2nd engine died? Based on my research (janes' defence) it is highly impossible that the Boeing F/A-18 (including the super hornet) would have a dual engine failure.
Do you think he crashed the plan intentionally? Do you think he just wanted to try out the ejection seat?

Are there different degrees of impossible?

Quote:
One engine failure is likely but not two.
Which is exactly why he attempted to land at Miramar, however the improbable happened.

He could have sucked in a bird, that would have destroyed the 2nd engine.
      12-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #110
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
True. we need look the the forensic data and analysis the military version of the black box. How do we know that the 2nd engine died? Based on my research (janes' defence) it is highly impossible that the Boeing F/A-18 (inclduing the super hornet) would have a dual engine failure. One engine failure is likely but not two.
And a dual engine failure would cause complete loss of control, right? hmmmmmm, let's think this one through. Oh golly gee, I just have to spill the beans on this one. Perhaps that is what happen!!! Ok, now say it with me, "ooooooh, you're right. That might have happened. Maybe that is why this tragic accident happened."
Appreciate 0