Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-28-2021, 09:13 PM   #45
TexasJester
Private
38
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: Alpina XB7
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Have you seen the new Dodge TRX with a Hellcat engine? 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. Even I want to trade my BMW in for one of those.

I picked up the truck yesterday but kept the Alpina XB7 too!!!!
Appreciate 1
Bruuuce186.00
      08-28-2021, 09:18 PM   #46
TexasJester
Private
38
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: Alpina XB7
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
You couldn't pay me to drive a lifted truck. Couldn't think of anything more opposite of my persona.
Find and drive a ram TRX and you might disregard that statement. My wife thought it was the ugliest thing she ever seen til she rode in it & after she drove it she said she might like it better than her Alpina XB7 and that there is a HUGE statement.
Appreciate 2
Bumpinjeep1455.00
houbmw54.00
      08-29-2021, 01:07 AM   #47
BMWinAZ
First Lieutenant
BMWinAZ's Avatar
91
Rep
325
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i, Ď08 328i, Ď03 316ti
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US & Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2021 View Post
I encounter many private sellers put out the reason for selling: I want to switch to truck.
Some even willing to trade their BMW with truck. They bought a BMW and owned it for several months only.
Nothing wrong with that. It just so many of them with the same reason.
I traded in my beloved 335is for a 4Runner a few years back
And zero regrets ever since..

PS: so what I meant to say... it's absolutely ... normal
I have both a 4Runner and a 335i. They are both great vehicles and I enjoy driving them differently according to their characters. We currently have multiple BMWs and Toyota trucks/SUVs. I have had different BMWs over the years and always enjoyed the brand (with the exception of the current 4series grille). However, if I was forced to only have one vehicle, I would very likely pick the 4Runner. It is such a versatile, well-built and durable machine and very comfortable to drive too.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 01:53 AM   #48
BMWinAZ
First Lieutenant
BMWinAZ's Avatar
91
Rep
325
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i, Ď08 328i, Ď03 316ti
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US & Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2021 View Post
I encounter many private sellers put out the reason for selling: I want to switch to truck.
Some even willing to trade their BMW with truck. They bought a BMW and owned it for several months only.
Nothing wrong with that. It just so many of them with the same reason.
I traded in my beloved 335is for a 4Runner a few years back
And zero regrets ever since..

PS: so what I meant to say... it's absolutely ... normal
I have both a 4Runner and a 335i. They are both great vehicles and I enjoy driving them differently according to their characters. We currently have multiple BMWs and Toyota trucks/SUVs. I have had different BMWs over the years and always enjoyed the brand (with the exception of the current 4series grille). However, if I was forced to only have one vehicle, I would very likely pick the 4Runner. It is such a versatile, well-built and durable machine and very comfortable to drive too.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 10:53 AM   #49
maxdriver
Private First Class
maxdriver's Avatar
19
Rep
177
Posts

 
Drives: Macan S; Tundra TRD, 135i-sold
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NH

iTrader: (0)

After many years of coupes and sedans with manual transmissions, my current daily is a Tundra. Love this beast!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
BMWinAZ90.50
      08-29-2021, 08:35 PM   #50
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
10
Rep
194
Posts

 
Drives: 2017 340I XDrive MT Black
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ohio

iTrader: (2)

I got a truck when I was fixing up my first house that was a beat up foreclosure. Hated driving and parking it. When I was done with my house I sold it and bought my first bmw a 2008 335xi. Loved it, put a lot of miles on it and it got a little beat up trying to haul things. Couldn't do what the truck did. So when it was at end of its life I sold it and got a truck. What do you know but I hated driving it, but it came in real handy when I needed to haul stuff. So I kept it and bought a 2017 340ix.
I drive my truck more beck and forth to my jobs to keep the miles off the bmw but when I just want to scoot around town I'll take the 340.
The truck is just a basic extenda can medium bed 4x4 without the luxury, ya sure I'd like the truck to be loaded, but would rather have the 340 and a cheap truck.
Appreciate 1
lakefront338.00
      08-30-2021, 08:16 AM   #51
W///
Lieutenant General
W///'s Avatar
6090
Rep
11,791
Posts

 
Drives: F87 M2C, E92 M3, E36 M3, Z4MR
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdriver View Post
After many years of coupes and sedans with manual transmissions, my current daily is a Tundra. Love this beast!
I had a Platinum in the exact same color. It was a wonderful daily driver.
__________________
Current: 19 F87 M2C / 08 E92 M3 / 07 E85 Z4M Roadster / 99 E36 M3
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2021, 10:02 AM   #52
BYEIL
Ultimate Driver
BYEIL's Avatar
United_States
740
Rep
847
Posts

 
Drives: X7 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Anybody trading in a sporty German car for a truck was never an enthusiast to begin with. Good riddance.

I understand why people get trucks but dislike them myself. They are too large, a menace on roads, and majority of the owners are assholes. If by some odd chance I develop a hobby for the outdoors and subsequently need to carry/tow stuff I'd consider a truck, but otherwise I'll never drive one.
Yeah none of your post makes sense.

Why cant you like both? Why are you all of the sudden not an enthusiast because you bought a truck? I personally like all type of vehicles and brands and don't pigeonhole myself.

You do understand that people that drive BMW's are perceived very similarly to your description on a person who drives a truck?

Just another judgement thread I guess. People seem to like judging others for their decisions even though they know nothing about the person and the circumstance.
Appreciate 5
jmack409.50
Violator4556.00
BMWinAZ90.50
      08-30-2021, 02:53 PM   #53
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
3148
Rep
2,135
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Anybody trading in a sporty German car for a truck was never an enthusiast to begin with. Good riddance.

I understand why people get trucks but dislike them myself. They are too large, a menace on roads, and majority of the owners are assholes. If by some odd chance I develop a hobby for the outdoors and subsequently need to carry/tow stuff I'd consider a truck, but otherwise I'll never drive one.
you need to drive some of these performance trucks or a performance oriented modded one. on par with these german "sporty cars". Especially if you think a 328 or is250 or Alfa Ti is a sporty car.

F150s running 11 second 1/4 on e85 w/ tune while still being able to go offroading.

But, I'd love for people falling for your logic. Cause then truck prices wouldnt be so outrageous and i could replace mine.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 03:15 PM   #54
Alfisti
Lieutenant Colonel
2542
Rep
1,965
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X3
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

That's not sporty, that's just power. Meh.
Appreciate 5
      08-30-2021, 04:22 PM   #55
BYEIL
Ultimate Driver
BYEIL's Avatar
United_States
740
Rep
847
Posts

 
Drives: X7 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
That's not sporty, that's just power. Meh.
Opposed to a 2013 X3 which is neither? I donít see your argument.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 07:17 AM   #56
Alfisti
Lieutenant Colonel
2542
Rep
1,965
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X3
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

I don't think that poster was referencing a X3, it was a 3 series.
Appreciate 1
Vivek.1138.50
      08-31-2021, 08:15 AM   #57
heitzke
Private First Class
heitzke's Avatar
127
Rep
150
Posts

 
Drives: '15 M4 base, '91 Miata
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

I never owned a truck until I traded in my old GT500 (miss that thing) for a '14 Raptor a few years ago. I missed the performance aspect for sure, but there's just SOMETHING about moving from a vehicle that I had to stress over every aspect of driving to the laissez-faire freedom you get from a tank of a vehicle.

It was awesome for a few years, the utility couldn't be beat, took long ass road trips in it. Sold it for the M4 and never once looked back, but I'll end up with another truck eventually - maybe a coyote 5.0 F150 or something.
__________________
'15 MWM M4 6mt - | SSR crank hub | Bend Calibration F8X Ultimate flex fuel kit | BM3 w/ Bend Calibration flex fuel tune | Spec twin-disc | VRSF dp/mid-pipe | 19x9.5/10.5" TE37SL
'91 NA Miata | 16x9.5" CCW LM5T | Bunch 'o suspension stuff
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 08:20 AM   #58
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
DenverSteve's Avatar
400
Rep
437
Posts

 
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Denver / L.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
...Opposed to a 2013 X3 which is neither? I donít see your argument.

Just another judgement thread I guess. People seem to like judging others for their decisions even though they know nothing about the person and the circumstance.
Apparently. You seem to be the annoyed/judgmental one. If you want to be rude to BMW owners, maybe a truck forum would be better for you. Their argument is simply a statement of truth and power has nothing to do with being sporty. The X3, in any form, will always be sportier than a truck.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 08:53 AM   #59
BYEIL
Ultimate Driver
BYEIL's Avatar
United_States
740
Rep
847
Posts

 
Drives: X7 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Apparently. You seem to be the annoyed/judgmental one. If you want to be rude to BMW owners, maybe a truck forum would be better for you. Their argument is simply a statement of truth and power has nothing to do with being sporty. The X3, in any form, will always be sportier than a truck.
Incorrect. There are many trucks that have more sport than a 2013 X3. Itís not rude if itís a fact. If you want to be blind to it thatís up to you.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 09:11 AM   #60
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
DenverSteve's Avatar
400
Rep
437
Posts

 
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Denver / L.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Incorrect. There are many trucks that have more sport than a 2013 X3. It’s not rude if it’s a fact. If you want to be blind to it that’s up to you.
Actually, anyone trying to hide rudeness by claiming "it's not rude, if it's a fact," is the definition of a-hole douche-bag. You can be honest or truthful and still remain tactful. You have achieved neither.
Appreciate 2
Vivek.1138.50
stein_325i16276.50
      08-31-2021, 09:16 AM   #61
Bruuuce
the me
186
Rep
243
Posts

 
Drives: 01ZCoupe, 08M3Coupe, 21M2C
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

I have at least one of each kind, so I must fit into each stereotype and why compromise for not thing or another

truck
bmw
jeep

oh the humanity

again they each have their great uses and really 99 percent of us don't use any of the vehicles to their potential. Well except for the people who buy appreciating vehicles, they are smart.
__________________
01 Z Coupe, 5MT, SB, not much else
08 M3 Coupe, 6MT, JB, not much else
21 M2 Coupe ,DCT, SOM, not much else
Appreciate 2
BMWinAZ90.50
      08-31-2021, 09:19 AM   #62
kyriian
Second Lieutenant
kyriian's Avatar
250
Rep
291
Posts

 
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Incorrect. There are many trucks that have more sport than a 2013 X3. It’s not rude if it’s a fact. If you want to be blind to it that’s up to you.
You are the only person here that seems to be annoyed, Alfasti has a X3 and if it fits his needs, great, and just stated that straight line power is not sporty. If doing 11s on the 1/4 mile is the whole of 'sporty' to you then more power to you, but seems majority of posters here seems to agree that power is just a portion of 'sporty'

Modern trucks are impressive, practical, fast, cheap, but they are hardly the byword for 'sporty', and majority of buyers (yourself likely not in that common crowd since you seem to think performance trucks are sporty) are not buying it for 'sporty' driving
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/lime-...uphill-chicane

10 seconds a lap behind a dinky 'girly' unpractical, cannot go off-road MINI Cooper GP on a 1.5 mile circuit, that is an eternity, and for a car that's only capable of doing 13 seconds a 1/4 mile, I guess that's not sporty for you then.
__________________
Revolution of our Times
Current: 06 BMW Z4MR, 14 BMW X5 35i, 11 Scion tC
Past: 11 C63, 15 Golf TSI, 11 370Z, 07 MX5, 02 Civic SiR, 96 Civic DX Coupe, 03 Miata, 03 Cooper S, 88 RX7 GXL
Appreciate 3
Vivek.1138.50
stein_325i16276.50
      08-31-2021, 10:42 AM   #63
BYEIL
Ultimate Driver
BYEIL's Avatar
United_States
740
Rep
847
Posts

 
Drives: X7 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Actually, anyone trying to hide rudeness by claiming "it's not rude, if it's a fact," is the definition of a-hole douche-bag. You can be honest or truthful and still remain tactful. You have achieved neither.
Lol .. ok buddy.
Sorry I hurt your feelings because you drive an X3.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 10:56 AM   #64
BYEIL
Ultimate Driver
BYEIL's Avatar
United_States
740
Rep
847
Posts

 
Drives: X7 M50i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
You are the only person here that seems to be annoyed, Alfasti has a X3 and if it fits his needs, great, and just stated that straight line power is not sporty. If doing 11s on the 1/4 mile is the whole of 'sporty' to you then more power to you, but seems majority of posters here seems to agree that power is just a portion of 'sporty'

Modern trucks are impressive, practical, fast, cheap, but they are hardly the byword for 'sporty', and majority of buyers (yourself likely not in that common crowd since you seem to think performance trucks are sporty) are not buying it for 'sporty' driving
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/lime-...uphill-chicane

10 seconds a lap behind a dinky 'girly' unpractical, cannot go off-road MINI Cooper GP on a 1.5 mile circuit, that is an eternity, and for a car that's only capable of doing 13 seconds a 1/4 mile, I guess that's not sporty for you then.
When did I state sport is defined by a straight line? Never
When were you voted the spokesperson for the majority? Again ..never

Here is just one exampleÖ Google videos of a stock Raptor running desert trails. It takes more than just straight line power to achieve what it can on landscapes other then the street. Sport doesnít just mean driving around a track or maneuvering through some cones.

Iíve bought and own both but Iím not ignorant to the abilities and yes sportiness of both. My response was directly to the person claiming trucks are not sporty and drives a 2013 X3 which is not what I would call sporty. Right Öif it fits his/her needs thatís all that matters.

Ö.and now back to the original thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 11:14 AM   #65
Vivek.
Major
1139
Rep
1,260
Posts

 
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Los Gatos, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
When did I state sport is defined by a straight line? Never
When were you voted the spokesperson for the majority? Again ..never

Here is just one example… Google videos of a stock Raptor running desert trails. It takes more than just straight line power to achieve what it can on landscapes other then the street. Sport doesn’t just mean driving around a track or maneuvering through some cones.

I’ve bought and own both but I’m not ignorant to the abilities and yes sportiness of both. My response was directly to the person claiming trucks are not sporty and drives a 2013 X3 which is not what I would call sporty. Right …if it fits his/her needs that’s all that matters.

….and now back to the original thread.
He could drive a Peterbilt and claim an 11 second F150 isn't sporty. What does his car have to do with his opinion


Anyways, the Ram TRX seems to be the most lauded in this thread and I'd much rather have my e92 which is far quicker than a Hellcat and can still fit a bicycle in the trunk if I so desired.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by relative4 View Post
My wife would give me so much head if I did that.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
1990 535i - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 01:13 PM   #66
jmack
First Lieutenant
jmack's Avatar
410
Rep
321
Posts

 
Drives: OG M2
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Everyone I know with a sporty car also owns a truck, actually I'd say almost everyone I know owns a truck period. I don't get why this thread acts like it's a one-or-the-other situation. Having a dedicated sports car and truck is the way to go.
Appreciate 5
JasonCSU653.00
hellrotm4098.00
BMWinAZ90.50
Alfisti2541.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST