New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #749
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz5150 View Post
The only shotgun you'll need, its pricey but worth it.
I had a friend have at it the range, his quote "the ultimate riot gun"
True but god awful expensive as they were a limited run which i can't understand why. I have a mossberg 590 pump with heat shield and 4 extra rounds in the stock. Thats 9 rounds of low recoil 00 buckshot and 4 spares if i grab it. Its heavy which is good because it also reduces recoil so you stay on target. Its also got the best safety in the business and its tough, issued to US MC.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 10:50 AM   #750
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
True but god awful expensive as they were a limited run which i can't understand why. I have a mossberg 590 pump with heat shield and 4 extra rounds in the stock. Thats 9 rounds of low recoil 00 buckshot and 4 spares if i grab it. Its heavy which is good because it also reduces recoil so you stay on target. Its also got the best safety in the business and its tough, issued to US MC.
Y'all need to stop playing around with pump shotguns and get serious

Saiga 12 or DDI 12 and some big mags/drums

Essentially an AK in 12guage that takes 10, 12 round mags and drums, folding stocks....iirc there's even a slide fire option for it

Better still it happlily eats 3" shells.......suddenly 00 buck goes from 9 pellets to 14....

Kinda nice to be able to put 140 30 caliber projectiles down range in a couple seconds......

Yea....you are NOT coming through that front door.....
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 11:12 AM   #751
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Nothings comes above a DAO 12 with full choke bore and flechette dart ammo, then you get really nailed

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #752
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

I just have a lowly 870 pump and think it's great at tenth the price. Side saddle seems easier to access for extra shells then a shell bag at waist.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 01-01-2017 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 02:49 PM   #753
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I just have a lowly 870 pump and think it's great at tenth the price.
Its all proportional to the speed and volume of bad guy stopping projectiles its able to send downrange

If it comes down to me vs bad person intent on harming me or mine then I'll take every advantage I can get.

HG and Shotty are core tools of dealing with shit that may happen day or night....whether its a destructive bear or a bad guy.....its tough to match the close range stopping power of a couple of 3" 12g slugs/buckshot
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 03:01 PM   #754
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Right but how often you gonna play suicide squad and have to shoot 100s in short order. You done fucked up if it comes to that. Just racking my 870 will make everyone but a fucking idiot piss themselves. Shotty? How cute. Is it pink?

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 01-01-2017 at 03:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 03:31 PM   #755
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
Y'all need to stop playing around with pump shotguns and get serious

Saiga 12 or DDI 12 and some big mags/drums

Essentially an AK in 12guage that takes 10, 12 round mags and drums, folding stocks....iirc there's even a slide fire option for it

Better still it happlily eats 3" shells.......suddenly 00 buck goes from 9 pellets to 14....

Kinda nice to be able to put 140 30 caliber projectiles down range in a couple seconds......

Yea....you are NOT coming through that front door.....
It fires with each pump, just hold the trigger. That said I like having the pump sound. Generally sends a message to stop what you're doing right TF now without having to make a mess.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 03:59 PM   #756
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
Its all proportional to the speed and volume of bad guy stopping projectiles its able to send downrange

If it comes down to me vs bad person intent on harming me or mine then I'll take every advantage I can get.

HG and Shotty are core tools of dealing with shit that may happen day or night....whether its a destructive bear or a bad guy.....its tough to match the close range stopping power of a couple of 3" 12g slugs/buckshot
I'm a fan of the 870, had one next to me in the front seat for years.....I guess it's a matter of comfort and reliability. Also, how many folks are coming through your front door...or trying to. Are we talking Zombie apocolypse or random asshole?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 04:00 PM   #757
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
It fires with each pump, just hold the trigger. That said I like having the pump sound. Generally sends a message to stop what you're doing right TF now without having to make a mess.
Yup, an alien could land on planet earth not knowing an effin' thing about us, rack that 870 and they know you're not fuckin' around.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 04:18 PM   #758
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
I'm a fan of the 870, had one next to me in the front seat for years.....I guess it's a matter of comfort and reliability. Also, how many folks are coming through your front door...or trying to. Are we talking Zombie apocolypse or random asshole?
Anything from boo boo to z's

10-12 rounds of 12g is "Just Right" for most any contingency

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 04:29 PM   #759
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Something Italian

I've you've got to load your shotgun once an intruder enters your home, your'e doing it wrong.
      01-01-2017, 04:31 PM   #760
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Load as in chamber, no that's not doing it wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #761
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Do you only put gas in the car when you're getting ready to use it?

Empty chamber=ineffective tool
Appreciate 1
RABAUKE4658.00
      01-01-2017, 04:40 PM   #762
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

If you dont have the half second or less to chamber the round you have already lost. You keep playing quick draw mcgraw and we csn call you stumpy. Yes I do only put gas in my car when I'm ready to use it, it's also a weapon.

My edc is different affair it's on my person even at home. When in bed its nightstand. Shotgun would be in use if have time to get it. Don't assume your way is the correct way or I haven't went thru the necessary scenarios to know what's required for myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #763
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It is to me and many other professionals in the field.

Assuming i'm awake when the intruder attempts to enter the house and i'm able to arm myself by the time he's at my bedroom door, sure. All is fine if it's not chambered.

What happens when you wake up upon that person entering your bedroom or once they put their hands on your neck? I want to be able to operate my weapon with one hand if necessary. I can get from my bedroom door to my bed much faster than i can even realize what's going on, let alone grab a weapon and chamber it. Having a defense weapon un-chamberd is just silly.

But then, my shotgun is an 18" pistol grip version. Which i can manipulate one handed if necessary. If you've got a full size shotty with a stock, i suppose you need two hands to operate it anyway. Carry on.

Yes, life or death happens in a half a second, sometimes less.

Like you, having a dog will likely afford me a few more seconds. (IF someone is that determined) My primary defensive weapon is the shotgun at the side of the bed.
      01-01-2017, 04:47 PM   #764
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I don't sleep with my shotgun or think movie shit is a proper way to defend myself. Ninjas aren't going to invade my house and get in unheard. You may have missed the part where I have nightstand weapon.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 04:57 PM   #765
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Like you said, don't assume things about other people. Some people live in a house large enough or configured in a way in which someone could easily gain access without anyone knowing. Someone (read Ninjas) could potentially get to my bedroom door without any of us hearing. But then, that's why that door is locked every night.
      01-01-2017, 05:01 PM   #766
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I wonder why active police carry their pumps in cruiser ready mode, ie loaded not chambered if the millisecond might kill them. Probably because being realistic.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #767
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I've you've got to load your shotgun once an intruder enters your home, your'e doing it wrong.
Its loaded in chamber. Wracking it is an option. I still have 8 rounds, and if I'm wracking it, its because I have them lined up for a followup so they shit their pants, cops tske them away. They don't they're hamburger. However if i need to fire i fire, no rack, no noise. Just an extra option.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #768
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

What's that got to do with their personal choice to defend themselves during a home invasion? But to humor you, probably because they are driving around with their SECONDARY weapon mounted to their car, reacting to crimes, with a loaded and chambered weapon on their hip. Being realistic, i wonder which weapon they would go for should they have to defend their lives from a surprise attack? Probably their chambered pistol.

All things being equal, it's hard to argue against having a defensive weapon chambered at all times. Especially if you're likely going to be woken up just moments before needing to defend your life with that weapon. It's hard to argue even when playing devil's advocate.
      01-01-2017, 05:56 PM   #769
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Right hence the nightstand weapon. It's chambered and on my person except when I'm asleep.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #770
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Someone dead set on killing you will get it accomplished. They will do so in a manner that allows you no chance, wouldn't you do the same if undertaking that? What personal protection is about is not that scenario. The odds of needing to do more than show strength in an adversarial confrontation are remote. I'm not interested in being Wyatt Earp or whoever and quick draw on an assailant. If I have time in find cover and assess weapon in hand. If not Im not gonna out draw a weapon in my face.
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50