Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

06-28-2019, 03:03 PM   #1
kent11202
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 328i

California politicians are from what planet?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cal...&OCID=AVRES007

You can't make this crap up....

California to become first state to ban discrimination against natural hair

[QUOTE][/California's state assembly voted 69-0 to pass a bill Thursday that includes hair texture and hairstyles under its equal rights protections, becoming the first state to ban discrimination against natural hair. The bill now goes to the desk of California Gov. Gavin Newsom to be signed into law.

The bill, which the Senate approved in April, updates the state's anti-discrimination law so that the term "race" includes "traits historically associated with race." Legislators acknowledged in the measure's text that society has subjected certain features equated with "blackness" to unequal treatment.

"Workplace dress code and grooming policies that prohibit natural hair, including afros, braids, twists, and locks, have a disparate impact on Black individuals as these policies are more likely to deter Black applicants and burden or punish Black employees than any other group," the bill's text stated.

California's new measure is the first statewide ban on natural hair discrimination in the country.....
QUOTE]
Appreciate 3
      06-28-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
Delta0311
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

[QUOTE=kent11202;24968972]http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cal...&OCID=AVRES007

You can't make this crap up....

California to become first state to ban discrimination against natural hair

Quote:
[/California's state assembly voted 69-0 to pass a bill Thursday that includes hair texture and hairstyles under its equal rights protections, becoming the first state to ban discrimination against natural hair. The bill now goes to the desk of California Gov. Gavin Newsom to be signed into law.

The bill, which the Senate approved in April, updates the state's anti-discrimination law so that the term "race" includes "traits historically associated with race." Legislators acknowledged in the measure's text that society has subjected certain features equated with "blackness" to unequal treatment.

"Workplace dress code and grooming policies that prohibit natural hair, including afros, braids, twists, and locks, have a disparate impact on Black individuals as these policies are more likely to deter Black applicants and burden or punish Black employees than any other group," the bill's text stated.

California's new measure is the first statewide ban on natural hair discrimination in the country.....
QUOTE]
So 69 politicians obviously dont have shit to do. Shit is going so well in California that they have time to vote on utter bs like this.
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Stay tuned for lots of natural afros-which is okay by me. Apparently, it is discouraged in the workplace to let the hair grow. Me? I don't care-had long hair many years ago and don't like the upkeep.
No need for you guys to worry cause you can't afford to live here.!! Haha. We'll be thinking of you this winter when you wish you had lots of hair!
Appreciate 1
jmg7099.50

06-30-2019, 12:12 PM   #4
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Stay tuned for lots of natural afros-which is okay by me. Apparently, it is discouraged in the workplace to let the hair grow. Me? I don't care-had long hair many years ago and don't like the upkeep.
No need for you guys to worry cause you can't afford to live here.!! Haha. We'll be thinking of you this winter when you wish you had lots of hair!
"It's not a problem if it's not my problem" is the general self-centered idiotic view. Work discrimination is real when there are a multitude of ethnicities living and working together. Maybe in Snow White America aka Trump's paradise, we can give two shits about people with different skin and hair, but in the real world natural hair like afro's are discriminated against and blacks have always been shunned for their hair in the past. It's carried into modern day with hair straighteners for women, braids, twists etc in an effort to tame the Afro. I'm not entirely sure twists and braids need to be included, but at the same time I'm not black and I don't fully appreciate what is culturally important or not. One thing is for sure, if we can't behave like decent human beings than yes, there needs to be a law to protect human rights. That's what makes this country better. All the people bitching from some other state: then don't come here. You are a benefactor of circumstances beyond your control and due to no effort from you. Don't you have anything better to do then complain about the multi-ethnic state who are accepting of gays, and minorities. Oh what an evil place that is trying to improve the condition of life! /s
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2019, 12:30 PM   #5
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
"It's not a problem if it's not my problem" is the general self-centered idiotic view. Work discrimination is real when there are a multitude of ethnicities living and working together. Maybe in Snow White America aka Trump's paradise, we can give two shits about people with different skin and hair, but in the real world natural hair like afro's are discriminated against and blacks have always been shunned for their hair in the past. It's carried into modern day with hair straighteners for women, braids, twists etc in an effort to tame the Afro. I'm not entirely sure twists and braids need to be included, but at the same time I'm not black and I don't fully appreciate what is culturally important or not. One thing is for sure, if we can't behave like decent human beings than yes, there needs to be a law to protect human rights. That's what makes this country better. All the people bitching from some other state: then don't come here. You are a benefactor of circumstances beyond your control and due to no effort from you. Don't you have anything better to do then complain about the multi-ethnic state who are accepting of gays, and minorities. Oh what an evil place that is trying to improve the condition of life! /s
Well said.
Appreciate 1
jmg7099.50

06-30-2019, 02:57 PM   #6
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Quote:
Lol it's always a joke when your being called out. Your too weak to even just shut up and think about it. You just fall back on the "I'm just kidding" argument. How cowardly.

"What's the matter you pathetic woman, can't take a joke? You done clutching your weak woman pearls?"

You don't even see it. That's why I pity you.
Ok bro do what you do best and eat a dick. You are a bitch and Ill leave it at that.
You are a class act. My impression of you is spot on.
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 03:40 PM   #7
Delta0311
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Well given that most of my posts were deleted lets go over to how I came to this point shall we..

You went into this whole silly tirade about POC of color and "opperession" in regards to their hair.. I pointed out that 99% of us could fucking careless how black, white, or asian people rock their hair. As long as it's neat and clean no one is going to say a damn thing.

I then pointed out that why does California, the most liberal state in the Union need to pass such as silly law. It is already understood that you don't discriminate against people based on their natural hair.

I then jokingly said that you need to relax and change your tempon or in your case manpon. You than flipped the fuck out (proving my point btw) because how dare I say such a hurtful thing in regards to women. I live in liberal as fuck NJ and women here would have laughed in your face if you got upset over something like that. NJ girls are harsh and if you come at them like a estrogen filled chick than you can expect a comment like that coming your way... You then called me a closet homosexual because I dare to make jokes in regards to women. You then quickly back peddled that by saying how accepting you are of gays, yet some how in your eyes closet homesexuals are hateful bigots....

Since shit was way over your head I pointed out that you needing to change a tempon was a joke. As we all know man do not wear tempons... I mean I do hope you are aware of that. You then followed up by calling me a coward because I made a joke? So then I ended it the way you deserved to have it end.

In the end.. Put down the soy latte and change your menpon bro.. Stop being such a white guilt riddled liberal. And yes I know it may shock you that people like me exist. People who truly see other as regular people and don't give a fuck about their sex, skin color, what genitalia they prefer to have in their mouth, and what the fuck their ancestors been through. Sorry I don't genuflect every time I see a POC or a woman walk by. You sound like the type of person that ask someone their preferred pronoun before having a conversation.

You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Last edited by Delta0311; 06-30-2019 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 1
Run Silent11894.00

06-30-2019, 05:49 PM   #8
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 AW F80

I have been working in California for over 20 yrs
I have never once encountered or heard of a case where this was a problem
My better half works in payroll HR and deals with all walks of life and all kinds of people
I asked and she has also never encountered anyone claiming discrimination based on their hairstyle
Appreciate 1
Run Silent11894.00

06-30-2019, 05:52 PM   #9
DF
Major
Rep

Drives: F23

CA is good at addressing non issues. It makes them feel like they are doing something. I guess looking at people's hair takes their eyes off the poop and needles in the street.
Appreciate 3
Germanauto3357.00
Run Silent11894.00
scostu1071.00

06-30-2019, 06:43 PM   #10
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Quote:
Well given that most of my posts were deleted lets go over to how I came to this point shall we..

You went into this whole silly tirade about POC of color and "opperession" in regards to their hair.. I pointed out that 99% of us could fucking careless how black, white, or asian people rock their hair. As long as it's neat and clean no one is going to say a damn thing.

I then pointed out that why does California, the most liberal state in the Union need to pass such as silly law. It is already understood that you don't discriminate against people based on their natural hair.

I then jokingly said that you need to relax and change your tempon or in your case manpon. You than flipped the fuck out (proving my point btw) because how dare I say such a hurtful thing in regards to women. I live in liberal as fuck NJ and women here would have laughed in your face if you got upset over something like that. NJ girls are harsh and if you come at them like a estrogen filled chick than you can expect a comment like that coming your way... You then called me a closet homosexual because I dare to make jokes in regards to women. You then quickly back peddled that by saying how accepting you are of gays, yet some how in your eyes closet homesexuals are hateful bigots....

Since shit was way over your head I pointed out that you needing to change a tempon was a joke. As we all know man do not wear tempons... I mean I do hope you are aware of that. You then followed up by calling me a coward because I made a joke? So then I ended it the way you deserved to have it end.

In the end.. Put down the soy latte and change your menpon bro.. Stop being such a white guilt riddled liberal. And yes I know it may shock you that people like me exist. People who truly see other as regular people and don't give a fuck about their sex, skin color, what genitalia they prefer to have in their mouth, and what the fuck their ancestors been through. Sorry I don't genuflect every time I see a POC or a woman walk by. You sound like the type of person that ask someone their preferred pronoun before having a conversation.

Thats a very biased and watered down revision if history there pal. In the end you resorted to telling to eat a dick because you can't have a conversation that doesn't cater to your bigoted mindset. I get it though, the closeted alt-right brotherhood in the politics section is a nice cozy place to be a hatefully ignorant when others are encouraging you. I guess you could say it's the "locker room" for racists, bigots, and sexists. Let's not forget how much hate you have for me (telling me to eat a dick and all) and managed to belittle both women and myself with the tampon and pearls remark. Your dick eating comment just exposes you as the person you are. You claim they are jokes, but jokes coming from hate doesn't make them any less bigoted and ignorant.

In the end you have truly lost this game simply because you are the one who resorted to profanities and homophobic insult (eat a dick). Your right wing brothers can come in here and try to back you up, but you were the one who succumbed. Your a loser, maybe not in life, but in all that matters in what makes a good person. The good news is that you don't always have to be a bad person. All it takes is some education and empathy. I still pity you but I hope you aren't an ignorant bigoted hateful small individual your whole life. Grow up, be better than who you are right now.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 06:56 PM   #11
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
I have been working in California for over 20 yrs
I have never once encountered or heard of a case where this was a problem
My better half works in payroll HR and deals with all walks of life and all kinds of people
I asked and she has also never encountered anyone claiming discrimination based on their hairstyle
CA is fairly progressive. I have not encountered outright discrimination based on hair at the corporate level. However, subtle behind closed doors discrimination does exist, which is had to fight. I think what this issue this is trying to address are at a different work sector, probably retail, service etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF View Post
CA is good at addressing non issues. It makes them feel like they are doing something. I guess looking at people's hair takes their eyes off the poop and needles in the street.
Like I said in my first post: just because it isn't your problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If these problems don't exist where you are, consider yourself lucky. I'd rather an issue is addressed rather than slipping though the cracks, especially if people are truest feeling discriminated against. Yes, there are other bigger issues, but we all know how complicated legislation is. Bills with lots of support and a fairly simple plan of execution will pass faster than "how to solve the drug problem". The drug problem is still ongoing because it's a tough problem to solve. Has any other state solved the drug problem? I don't think so.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 09:49 PM   #12
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Looks like I missed some fireworks.

We were just talking tonight about how San Francisco used to be such a pretty city and how's it's turned into a literal poop filled shithole.

It's a liberals paradise
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 10:32 PM   #13
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post

We were just talking tonight about how San Francisco used to be such a pretty city and how's it's turned into a literal poop filled shithole.

It's a liberals paradise
What came first, the chicken or the egg? It was a pretty city because it was liberal, or became a shithole because it was liberal... or did it become a shithole because too many people wanted to be here because it was pretty and liberal?

Then we have to ask, did it become liberal because it is a diverse place or did it become diverse because it was liberal?

Either way, it's too simplistic to say that liberals turned it into a shithole. Liberals were in SF long before that. Maybe conservative America should be thanking places like SF that are so desirable to live in that many people want to move away from places that marginalized gays and non-whites. The burden has shifted away from them once again and the coastal cities become the focal points for social adaptation. Like it or not, this is a shared problem. The luxury of distance is a facade so long as this is a UNITED states. SF's problems would be YOUR problems had you been a destination for such masses.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 01:33 AM   #14
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW, Lexus

Quote:
What came first, the chicken or the egg? It was a pretty city because it was liberal, or became a shithole because it was liberal... or did it become a shithole because too many people wanted to be here because it was pretty and liberal?

Then we have to ask, did it become liberal because it is a diverse place or did it become diverse because it was liberal?

Either way, it's too simplistic to say that liberals turned it into a shithole. Liberals were in SF long before that. Maybe conservative America should be thanking places like SF that are so desirable to live in that many people want to move away from places that marginalized gays and non-whites. The burden has shifted away from them once again and the coastal cities become the focal points for social adaptation. Like it or not, this is a shared problem. The luxury of distance is a facade so long as this is a UNITED states. SF's problems would be YOUR problems had you been a destination for such masses.
Haha dude you are such a typical California apologist. You sound more like a Tesla SJW than a BMW guy.

I just moved here 2 weeks ago and see the good and bad. Definitely no denying a lot of liberal policies are way overblown. I'll be here 3 yrs at least then decide if it's worth putting up with the downsides to be near the beauty of OC.
      07-01-2019, 01:37 AM   #15
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Until I see proven examples of such workplace discrimination I'm just going to view this as symbolism at best.

07-01-2019, 01:42 AM   #16
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bingo.

We've had the same problem in Seattle. The city council tried to levy a tax on local corporations to pay for the homeless epidemic. When Amazon threatened to leave they rescinded it.

Instead of focusing on why there are so many homeless moving to Seattle (free benefits, no consequences for most crimes, police being stripped of their power, refusal to enter drug rehab programs, etc.) they'd rather tax and spend. Of course, the more fervent left-wing members of society thought this was a great idea and vote for these knucklehead politicians because it touched their guilt reflex.
      07-01-2019, 01:56 AM   #17
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 340i xDrive and BMW X3 M40

It's Kalifornia. What do you expect?
      07-01-2019, 07:16 AM   #18
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:

It's a liberals paradise

Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct answer. You can dance around the problems (plural) all you want.

Liberals turned SF into a drug infested poop filled shithole.

It's ok accept it.
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
Delta03117197.00

07-01-2019, 07:24 AM   #19
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:

Can't speak just for San Francisco,but, this goes for CA - Yes there was always a liberal element. That has become yes there is a not liberal element.

More significantly, yesteryear's liberal is today's far right nazi. Could a Ronald Reagan get elected governor in CA today? Bill Clinton's policies would be way out of line with the Demo Party now.

This leads many to conclude that the trend in CA has contributed to it moving toward shithole.
      07-01-2019, 07:24 AM   #20
Delta0311
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct answer. You can dance around the problems (plural) all you want.

Liberals turned SF into a drug infested poop filled shithole.

It's ok accept it.
Of course the California sjw left out the part about white\rich enslaves built around San Francisco that have zero of the marginalized people he keeps crying about living in them.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2019, 08:55 AM   #21
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((

lol the shit people argue about. lmaooooooo
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #22
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

This is just to divert attention from the fact that Newsom budgeted to provide healthcare for ALL people present, whether they belong here or not.

And that whole gas tax increase thingy. . . SMH
Appreciate 1
Delta03117197.00