New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #111
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan
How can anyone with a bit of humanity defend this buffoon?

from the Mirror

Quote:
The outspoken presenter, who was due to film scenes nearby, is said to have called Oisin a lazy Irish c*** before punching him and *splitting his lip.

Oisin, 36, was treated at A&E, but is understood to have no interest in filing assault claims against his boss or speaking to the press.
If it's inhuman to call someone names and throw a punch, you must really hate all sports.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 06:08 PM   #112
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
How can anyone with a bit of humanity defend this buffoon?
Not defending him, I just don't care. I have punched many of faces while drunk, some probably I shouldn't have.

Whether he gets fired or not, I will watch any show of his in the furture. Simply because I find the man f*cking hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 07:15 PM   #113
NGEE
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
Rep

Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post
"Nature made a mistake when it invented the dinosaur. It was too big, too violent…
I recognize he was using the dinosaur as a metaphor for himself. Otherwise, that's the dumbest thing I ever heard.
      03-16-2015, 07:42 PM   #114
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Not defending him, I just don't care. I have punched many of faces while drunk, some probably I shouldn't have.

Whether he gets fired or not, I will watch any show of his in the furture. Simply because I find the man f*cking hilarious.
At your next work related function, show up drunk, throw a bitch fit bc you're getting soup and cold cuts and not a hot meal, call the guy in charge of providing the food, a lazy cunt and then punch him in the face. Report back if you still have a job.

The poor producer went into hiding because of death threats by some of the TG maniacs. I realize it's very upsetting to them having that dumb show cancelled but c'mon.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #115
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:
At your next work related function, show up drunk, throw a bitch fit bc you're getting soup and cold cuts.
I gladly would if I had the pull JC has and was basically the brand of my company. They best have a hot meal waiting for me after shooting all day. JC is Top Gear, he used to own 30% of Top Gear before he sold his remaining share back to BBC. He is a star, stars have egos. You have to stroke them. Half the movies coming out of Hollywood wouldn't exist if minor things like this shut down production. Celebrities get away with more sh*t than some Joe Scmho, I am fine with it. If this happened in the US, if would get swept under the rug and the show would go on. Hey it could be worse, he could be smoking crack and having affairs with under age street hookers (like a normal ego driven celebrity).

Last edited by hellrotm; 03-16-2015 at 11:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 08:22 PM   #116
MORTON
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08' N54 6SPD E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonniefive View Post
The uk is fast becoming a left wing libtard shithole where freedom of speech is no longer available iff your white , threaten to behead , riot , rape or groom , that's fine but moan about immigration or anything we don't like , your racist .. Jeremy is one of us , just a normal bloke , sod the pc bullshit , I'm tired of this country its a shithole now , and before anyone says it no I can't leave because zionist have flooded europe and every other country to , I may go isreal the only country not flooding with immigrants ...
Shit I just applied to a transfer to London too...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=335+vs+m3
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 08:33 PM   #117
NGEE
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
Rep

Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORTON View Post
Shit I just applied to a transfer to London too...
Yes, you should be reconsidering your choice, based on this exhaustive, unbiased and well documented review.

wtf? lol
      03-16-2015, 11:58 PM   #118
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep

Drives: BMW 330i 06

JC was getting so full of himself that it had become anoying to watch TG. It was a fun show, but the ego-display was really taking all the space up lately.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 04:40 AM   #119
MORTON
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08' N54 6SPD E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGEE View Post
Yes, you should be reconsidering your choice, based on this exhaustive, unbiased and well documented review.

wtf? lol
never

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=335+vs+m3
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 05:50 AM   #120
Aashenfox
Captain
Greece
Rep

Drives: 08 E92 335xi 6AT

Some years ago in the cotswolds in England, an old lady had a nasty fall. She blamed the flowers that had been planted at intervals on the sidewalk in the picturesque village.

What did the local council do? Promptly removed all flower beds from all sidewalks. It's clearly more important to cater to people who are unable to look where they are going than have the village with a little color.

Then there's the LEO sho just the other day reduced a 5 year old girl to tears for riding her bike on the pavement, and as she dismounted and moved on (with her father) shouted after them "and you'd better not put her back on it down the road or I'll fine you!" at the father.

He was completely out of line and wrong in the eyes of the law, and had to apologise to the family (who rejected the apology, insisting that it should be directed at their 5 year old daughter, damn right too), because as a 5 year old, she is not subject to the law and has every right to ride her bicycle on the pavement when accompanied by an adult. Its just symbolic of the attitude (not of LEOs in general, of the UK in general).

Total bollocks nanny state, and its not even like we have good weather or beautiful women to make up for it. Come to Greece for those as well as a realistic level of civil freedom.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 05:54 AM   #121
Jonniefive
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 330d estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGEE View Post

wtf? lol
This view is based on every single person I talk to , people are sick of it and tired of immigration , a zionist pushed concept , Jack straw said the british Man isn't even worth saving , I think you should dig deaper as into who is running this country and what there agenda is , maybe you will " wake up " ..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 12:16 PM   #122
Rossland
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: US 06 330xi

I stopped watching the show a few years ago. They did an inaccurate review of a Tesla. Tesla sued them of course, and during the trial the BBC's own lawyer argued that this was strictly an "entertainment" show, and was never intended to be accurate.

So now I watch "The Simpsons" instead -- Just about as politically correct and as accurate.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 01:31 AM   #123
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 11 335is Coupe BSM

Garage List
After working a 12+ hour shoot if someone gave me cold cuts for dinner I'd hit the nob too! Entire thing is utterly childish. Grown up pissing contest. Clarkson even self reported. Tell the producer cowboy up. I like the dude, his humor, and the show. May and Hammond to. But if he makes a sex video then he's gone to far! BBC - Bring Back Clarkson and stop being panty wastes. Can we all just get along...uh no. Because people who serve bologna instead of steak need to be slapped! LOL. Even me for actually writing this comment. Oh how far I have fallen.

since I used it...now I have to go google "nob" with my US uncultured UK self.
'11 BSM DCT 7 Spd. 335is | RPi | aFe Magnum Flow Direct Fit | Interad DTM 10 Forged | Smoked Reflectors | Huper Optik Tint | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Cyba CF Quad Tips | iND CF CRT Rear Spoiler | COBB Protune | Turbosmart BPV | AutoCarbon CF Grills | Silver CF e-Brake | BMW CF Mirror Shrouds | M Perf. Steering Wheel v2 | KW DDC Coilovers w/WLAN | Interior Xenon LEDs | Custom 335is Accents | F/R Fenders Rolled & Pulled | New Pipes Baffle Delete

Last edited by EMITTR; 03-19-2015 at 02:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 03:53 AM   #124
YouAreMyWorld
///Project Aura
United_States
Rep

Drives: Mineral White ///M-Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMITTR View Post
After working a 12+ hour shoot if someone gave me cold cuts for dinner I'd hit the nob too! Entire thing is utterly childish. Grown up pissing contest. Clarkson even self reported. Tell the producer cowboy up. I like the dude, his humor, and the show. May and Hammond to. But if he makes a sex video then he's gone to far! BBC - Bring Back Clarkson and stop being panty wastes. Can we all just get along...uh no. Because people who serve bologna instead of steak need to be slapped! LOL. Even me for actually writing this comment. Oh how far I have fallen.

since I used it...now I have to go google "nob" with my US uncultured UK self.
Lmao are you being serious? A scuffle ensued over what meal was offered on the set?

My view on the situation, albeit I'm of the mindset to bring back Clarkson as I very much enjoy both his antics and Top Gear, is swayed every which direction from reading everyone's opinion, lmao.

What exactly is the truth? Initially he was said to have punched someone, then it was merely a shove or push, now (even if you're sarcastic) it's over the dinner menu?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 04:23 AM   #125
Aashenfox
Captain
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreMyWorld View Post
Lmao are you being serious? A scuffle ensued over what meal was offered on the set?

My view on the situation, albeit I'm of the mindset to bring back Clarkson as I very much enjoy both his antics and Top Gear, is swayed every which direction from reading everyone's opinion, lmao.

What exactly is the truth? Initially he was said to have punched someone, then it was merely a shove or push, now (even if you're sarcastic) it's over the dinner menu?
EDIT: Sources are now saying it was definitely a punch and Tymon got a cut lip.

There was a time, when people automatically respected each other...you know why? Because of fear of retribution/personal combat for being disrespectful. Say what you like about the wild west, but people respected each other, as the price for not doing so could be high. One could easily argue that regular, balanced people were in fact 'more' civilized back then, at least toward each other.

Remove that fear of retribution and people will behave like assholes (just look at how people behave on the internet safe behind their monitors, or in their cars, safe behind locked doors) because they can get away with it. Now I'm not saying that cold food is necessarily a reason to split someone's lip. As I have said all along, there is surely more to this (what was said?), but really, at the end of the day, what is a cut lip? It'll heal in a week...people are such pussies these days. If you piss someone off, you should be prepared to get a smack for your trouble, and/or defend your position. Political correctness gone mad. We can all take a leaf out of Buzz Aldrin's book for a better future. Sometimes, you just have to smack a twat in his face, to not do so would be to invite the same behavior again. It's funny, we run our countries based on this precept, but when it comes down to an individual with no real power, its a crime...double standards up the wazoo.

Last edited by Aashenfox; 03-19-2015 at 05:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 08:47 AM   #126
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: F36 430i GC

"Top Gear could have continued while Jeremy Clarkson was suspended but James May and Richard Hammond refused to do the show without him."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/t...FB_mirror_main
2003 330xi (Forever in my heart )
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #127
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep

Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Sounds like he went way out of line but I have no interest watching it without him.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 03:29 PM   #128
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
At your next work related function, show up drunk, throw a bitch fit bc you're getting soup and cold cuts and not a hot meal, call the guy in charge of providing the food, a lazy cunt and then punch him in the face. Report back if you still have a job.

The poor producer went into hiding because of death threats by some of the TG maniacs. I realize it's very upsetting to them having that dumb show cancelled but c'mon.
Let justice start with the rulers of this world (governments, institutions, corporations), then we can think small people like celebrities.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 07:31 PM   #129
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreMyWorld View Post

My attempt at sarcasm! Yeah - media is reporting that some witnesses in the restaurant are saying it was more of a shoving/scuffle match. BBC not airing the rest of the season is analogous to two Walmart employees fighting each other so Walmart closes the entire store chain and prevents its customers from shopping until their investigation is finished. Of course it is probably more than that - Clarkson's contract and the BBC not wanting to pay etc. Don't know. All I know is I was living to see the McLaren P1, Ferrari LaFarrari, and Porshe 918 go head-to-head. Now...who knows. Rumors are the show is cancelled for the rest of the season. Sucks for us the viewing customers.

I actually (shocking myself) complained to the BBC and told them how ridiculous it was to cancel the airing of the remaining episodes and told them the producer probably did need to be slapped (sarcasm) and this was their response - Basically "Go Blow Off" is what they told me but very politely. "Investigation" seriously? Over a food scuffle? Good Grief. LOL

Dear Audience Member

Reference CAS-3219603-B2PCP0

Thank you for contacting us about Jeremy Clarkson and Top Gear.
We announced on Tuesday the 10th of March that Jeremy Clarkson had been suspended by the BBC pending an investigation and that, as a result, there would therefore be some disruption to the current series of Top Gear.
We’ve received a wide range of feedback about this and some people have expressed their disappointment or have asked for more information. We do hope you’ll understand that we value this reaction, but the investigation is still underway. Until more is known, we’re therefore unable to say anything further in response and will not yet be making further statements about the issue.

We realise you’ll be disappointed that we can’t respond to you in any more detail but thank you for contacting us.

Kind regards

Danielle Thomas
BBC Complaints
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
'11 BSM DCT 7 Spd. 335is | RPi | aFe Magnum Flow Direct Fit | Interad DTM 10 Forged | Smoked Reflectors | Huper Optik Tint | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Cyba CF Quad Tips | iND CF CRT Rear Spoiler | COBB Protune | Turbosmart BPV | AutoCarbon CF Grills | Silver CF e-Brake | BMW CF Mirror Shrouds | M Perf. Steering Wheel v2 | KW DDC Coilovers w/WLAN | Interior Xenon LEDs | Custom 335is Accents | F/R Fenders Rolled & Pulled | New Pipes Baffle Delete
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #130
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashenfox View Post
EDIT: Sources are now saying it was definitely a punch and Tymon got a cut lip.

There was a time, when people automatically respected each other...you know why? Because of fear of retribution/personal combat for being disrespectful. Say what you like about the wild west, but people respected each other, as the price for not doing so could be high. One could easily argue that regular, balanced people were in fact 'more' civilized back then, at least toward each other.

Remove that fear of retribution and people will behave like assholes (just look at how people behave on the internet safe behind their monitors, or in their cars, safe behind locked doors) because they can get away with it. Now I'm not saying that cold food is necessarily a reason to split someone's lip. As I have said all along, there is surely more to this (what was said?), but really, at the end of the day, what is a cut lip? It'll heal in a week...people are such pussies these days. If you piss someone off, you should be prepared to get a smack for your trouble, and/or defend your position. Political correctness gone mad. We can all take a leaf out of Buzz Aldrin's book for a better future. Sometimes, you just have to smack a twat in his face, to not do so would be to invite the same behavior again. It's funny, we run our countries based on this precept, but when it comes down to an individual with no real power, its a crime...double standards up the wazoo.
Totally agree!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 09:07 AM   #131
litxus
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan

Why don't three of them create their own show, I'm sure there will be plenty of sponsors who would love this extra revenue. Plus, depending on what they create they wouldn't have to be censored all the time
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #132
Aashenfox
Captain
Greece
Rep

^ That's actually a really good idea...hope they do. Although as I have said, I think Clarkson has 'had enough', he wouldn't be going around further pissing off the BBC if he cared at all. Search youtube today for 'Clarkson rant'.
Appreciate 0