New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-19-2015, 03:19 AM   #1
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Delete please! Wrong forum
      04-19-2015, 08:05 AM   #2
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

I would always post threads in the correct forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 09:19 AM   #3
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
I know I know- after I saw ANOTHER thread similar I was like, "damnit! Again?! I can hear the girl from Canada already!"

04-19-2015, 09:50 AM   #4
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls
Quote:
I know I know- after I saw ANOTHER thread similar I was like, "damnit! Again?! I can hear the girl from Canada already!"

Lol! But this is actually the right section! Was it already moved here? It's not identical to the other thread, I don't think.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #5
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls
Quote:

Lol! But this is actually the right section! Was it already moved here? It's not identical to the other thread, I don't think.
Nah I ended up reading through it and got the advice I needed (going through a quarter life crisis seeing how I'm THAT guy from my group of friends who went through adversity, everyone saw me go from being homeless a few years ago sleeping at our church/showering at the gym to reaching financial freedom and everyone assumes I've got it made- when in turn I look at them, getting engaged/married, having kids, starting a family and I'm over here picking out back splashes for one of my homes wondering if I'm the one who screwed up!)

I'm Turning 27 this summer & its making me realize I'm closer to 30 and financially I achieved a lot more than I ever imagined- just unsure if my thoughts of the grass being greener on the other side were warranted, and if given a chance had I settled for mediocrity- would life been easier.

Deep stuff I tell you! But lots of insightful people on here
      04-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #6
g_petko
Private
Serbia
Rep

Drives: 2007 e90

Garage List
2007 E90  [0.00]
The way I look at (my) life is my brothers and I have been able to achieve what some would consider a dream lifestyle (I'm 26, recently moved to Europe (homeland) and technically don't have to work again) because of my mum and dad being great parents and providing me with the best advice ever (so far along my journey). Do I sometimes feel bad for having more than others? Hell no. Would I change it for what my friends are doing? Not a chance.

There is always going to be that little thing in our brains getting us thinking about the what-ifs ... Through the years I've learned that the what-ifs will bring a person down. I've been there and have promised myself I won't have a case of 'what-if' again

We're all living on borrowed time, and everything I've done has got me to this point so, nope, wouldn't change a thing
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #7
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

study harder and work smarter
      04-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #8
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Drives: a 9incher

@MrSugarSkulls you're definitely on the right track dude. Don't worry about shit and enjoy your life.
I'm going to be 32 this June. Single, financially ok. No kids, no gf, no wife. I understand things can change at any time that's why i don't like bragging about my finances.

Anyway, i see all my high school and college friends on Facebook with marriages and kids and i keep wondering if I'm the one that f'ed up but then I'm like nahhh... I'm good. However, i do hope to start a family eventually.
      04-19-2015, 06:56 PM   #9
Woodengun
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Yugo

I wouldnt change a thing. By stats, I should be dead a long time ago. Yet here I am with wonderful adopted parents, beautiful wife, 2 sons (they are both teens so I'll leave out any complimentary adjectives....), awesome job and enough income to afford some of the good things in life.

Ive experienced first hand the wrong side of the road.
Appreciate 2
      04-20-2015, 07:37 AM   #10
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Drives: Your mum crazy.

I've been through a lot. Wouldn't change any of it. Probably would have spent less money on pointless shit, but I'm doing well, so I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.
Appreciate 1