New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

01-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #419
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
Just dont do that race. It is only 30k XP. You can make that up doing 3 races at indy. I amnot bothering with that stupid pile of shit car.
Sounds like a good idea. I grind the Indy races all the time anyway.

I've been needing an excuse to buy that Alfa 8C though
      01-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #420
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '21 X3MC

I did the 1000km of Suzuka race (mixed weather) in 5 hours roughly. Man, that took a lot out of me. I won't be doing another timed endurance race until I get an X2010 so I can build a huge lead and let the car sit.

(Winning car was a GT-R prototype race car btw)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #421
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Update 1.06 has been released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran Turismo
Gran-Turismo.com

Update Notice (1.06) - Feb 18, 2011

An update to Gran Turismo 5 has been released. The contents are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]
・Remote Racing
On the bottom left of the [GT Mode] - [Community] screen, [Remote Races] have been added.
You can combine the "My Driver" of you and your friends to start a fully automatic B-Spec race, to gain rewards and experience.
For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu and also the new "Remote Race" page in the GT5 product information section on gran-tursimo.com.

・Remote Racing from a Web Browser
For [Remote Races], you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using an internet web browser, and remotely operate your PS3® at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check the results from the web site. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere!
Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right of the webpage to get started.

・Using the Course Maker in Online Races
You can now select the "My Tracks" created in [Course Maker] for your online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge), or even race on tracks automatically generated from a selected theme on the spot. (Please note you'll only be able to use My Courses created after this update in this way.)

・Introduction of Performance Points for Online Races
We've now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car's performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the regulations of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge) to regulate the participating cars.
For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Increased Rewards and Experience Online
The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (Open Lobby and My Lounge) have been increased.

・Expansion of Event Settings for Online Races
[Auto Race Start Cycle] and [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] have been added to the event settings of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge).

・Increased Penalties for Special Events
The penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life].

・Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted
The rewards and experience for [Licence] and [Special Events] of [GT Mode] - [GT Life] have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.

・Car Loan in Events
In A-Spec and B-Spec events in [GT Mode] - [GT Life], as well as when participating in [Special Events], you can now rent cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.
For details see 6-16 [Borrowing and Lending Cars] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Settings
Individual gear adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Multi Monitor
From [Options] - [Hardware] - [Multi Monitor], you can now set multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3™ systems.
You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in an incredibly wide display environment combining multiple PS3™ systems and TV's/monitors.
For details please see the support section on gran-turismo.com.

[Changes and Additions to Game Operations]
- It is now possible to replay and save [2 Player Races].
- [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].
- [Corner Camber] has been added to the section settings of the [Course Maker].
- In A Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
- In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
- User selected background music can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].
- Cars in your garage that are not registered as 'Favorites' can now be used in a [Lounge].
- When a tyre restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars having tyres that match the regulation will be displayed in the garage.
- Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.
- It is now possible to perform settings for karts in the [Quick Menu].
- It is now possible to select multiple items in some major screens, such as when selecting the on/off of favourites in the [Garage].

[AI Adjustment]
- Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.
- Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.
- The evasive manoeuvres of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.

[Correction of Issues]
- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
- Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
-Corrected an issue where the sound would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
- Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

[Other Changes]
- A searchable item called [Race Type] has been added during room creation in the [Open Lobby].
- The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [Special Events] have been adjusted.
- Game save speed has been optimised.
- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
- The background of car demos during an [Auto Demo] is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].
- The "S-AWC" integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.
- The [Feedback Strength] of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #422
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Emme Tres

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
sh1t just got real
      02-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #423
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Nice. Can't wait to get home and try some of this.

Quote:
- The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [Special Events] have been adjusted.
Hopefully I can finish this now!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #424
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Nice. Can't wait to get home and try some of this.

Hopefully I can finish this now!

I sure as hell hope I can too!

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #425
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep

Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Its a major improvement. My fav is that it now tells you if you are about to buy a car you already own.
      02-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #426
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

I'm lovin this one I noticed in the bonus race with the RX7s at least 4 AI cars spun out once they hit the banking on the turns. I was lol'ing.
      02-19-2011, 12:03 AM   #427
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Even though its a small change, Im really stoked about this one:

Quote:
- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
I hated it with a passion. I like to start the game, and while its loading I'll go grab some snacks or a soda or something. Kind of a waste if I have to sit there and wait to confirm that pop up.

And one thing they STILL didnt add! The ability to rewind and fast-forward the damn replays!

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 01:51 AM   #428
1trip5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Emme Tres

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
what the hell is with this remote racing? i thought we would be able to do some real B-spec endurance races.
      02-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #429
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Even though its a small change, Im really stoked about this one:

I hated it with a passion. I like to start the game, and while its loading I'll go grab some snacks or a soda or something. Kind of a waste if I have to sit there and wait to confirm that pop up.

And one thing they STILL didnt add! The ability to rewind and fast-forward the damn replays!
and this!!!

Quote:
- In A Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
props to PD listening to players!
      02-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #430
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
what the hell is with this remote racing? i thought we would be able to do some real B-spec endurance races.
i'm still hoping they merge a-spec and b-spec endurance races....so we can race with the AI-Bobs....now i still have to complete endurance race just by myself....
      02-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #431
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Finally got the X2010!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #432
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I also appreciate when in the tune shop, the purchasing and installing menus go quicker.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #433
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
I also appreciate when in the tune shop, the purchasing and installing menus go quicker.

I just noticed that too. Really makes upgrading your car a whole lot quicker.

Im gonna retry some of the special events I couldnt get gold on tomorrow to see if I can pass any of them with these new adjusted times. I just wish I had my wheel.

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #434
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

So far they're only making the game better and better, and I love it Still a few things I want out of them though, like the controls in the replays.

BTW the seasonal event time trail with the NASCAR at the TG test track? I'm ranked 49th I'm like 460 something in the other one.
      02-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #435
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Any game secrets you guys discovered?...well something not obviously known I suppose.

I just found out that you get a bonus car for surpassing 20k total miles raced
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #436
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
I found out that with this new patch, contact is allowed in license tests. You still cannot cut corners or go off court, but you can make contact with other cars now.

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #437
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Yeah, but as a whole, the menus in this game are a joke with their terrible interface.

Yet I'm addicted to this game.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #438
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
So far they're only making the game better and better, and I love it Still a few things I want out of them though, like the controls in the replays.

BTW the seasonal event time trail with the NASCAR at the TG test track? I'm ranked 49th I'm like 460 something in the other one.
Yeah wtf is with the replays? You can't control the play rate, no reversing, no switching cameras during pause, and no rotating the game camera. It frustrates the shit out of me when I'm trying to capture some backfire or if I miss the frame where my front tires are nudging an apex during a specific corner, only to have to replay the entire damn replay.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #439
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
Yeah wtf is with the replays? You can't control the play rate, no reversing, no switching cameras during pause, and no rotating the game camera. It frustrates the shit out of me when I'm trying to capture some backfire or if I miss the frame where my front tires are nudging an apex during a specific corner, only to have to replay the entire damn replay.
Surprised about that too when I first watch my replay...

even F1 2010 you can pause, rotate camera 360 around the car, fast forward, remind, slow motion...etc during replay....

I wonder was it because of the graphics and modelling they use?
since this seems to be a simple and no brainer feature....
      02-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #440
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
This new feature that lets your friends barrow your B-Spec drivers is so awesome. My friend have been using my drivers non-stop, I made over 200,000cr overnight and went up a whole B-Spec level, lol.

Now, is there a credit limit your BOB can make for you before you have to "receive winnings"? I see there are 3 yellow dots near their credit earnings that fill up when they have money, and go away when you receive their cash. Im not sure how that part works.

Last edited by Sylon; 02-24-2011 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 0