New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-28-2015, 10:40 PM   #45
e92_boost
Captain
Rep

Drives: Smart Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
So he has his own cards with higher limits, but uses yours to fill up trucks, and you use yours for $25 each month? Why doesn't he use his own? Why do you have so many? Why do you have 15 cards to just use on gas, instead of having 2 and gaining benefits since you don't use them anyways?

You're still not answering the questions.
+1 nothing he said makes sense.
Lmao how are you guys going to tell me what I have and don't have, you guys don't make sense.

He has his own that he uses for other things. He uses mine so my credit could be better than what it is (749) I have them because I apply for them knowing that I can pay it back or my father could pay them back when he uses them.
I benefit from all of them I.e. The speedway one that I have I get double points and have over 200 dollar free gift cards that I can use from the points.
      05-29-2015, 07:48 AM   #46
HoustonRider
big pimpin
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 M6 GC and 2015 4 GC

I have a few cards with zero balance that I never use, it keeps your "available credit" open.

So if I have CCs with a combined limit (max) of $230,000 and have a combined balance (across all cards) of $2300, then I have only used 1% of my available credit or have 99% available.

Doesn't mean I need it, but it keeps your score healthy if you need credit for anything else (loan).

Personally I would keep the jewelry card open and just not use it. It increases your available credit (as viewed by lenders in the future).
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 07:59 AM   #47
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRider View Post
I have a few cards with zero balance that I never use, it keeps your "available credit" open.

So if I have CCs with a combined limit (max) of $230,000 and have a combined balance (across all cards) of $2300, then I have only used 1% of my available credit or have 99% available.

Doesn't mean I need it, but it keeps your score healthy if you need credit for anything else (loan).

Personally I would keep the jewelry card open and just not use it. It increases your available credit (as viewed by lenders in the future).

Spot on. High utilization does actually lower your bureau score. Keeping the tradeline open (I have a card open since 1998) will give lenders a historical view of your credit usage and if favorable lend more to you.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 08:26 AM   #48
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRider View Post

too late, already pulled the trigger.
      05-29-2015, 08:37 AM   #49
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_boost View Post
Lmao how are you guys going to tell me what I have and don't have, you guys don't make sense.

He has his own that he uses for other things. He uses mine so my credit could be better than what it is (749) I have them because I apply for them knowing that I can pay it back or my father could pay them back when he uses them.
I benefit from all of them I.e. The speedway one that I have I get double points and have over 200 dollar free gift cards that I can use from the points.
Actually, YOU don't make sense. Who the hell has 15 credit cards? It's not going to do anything for your credit that just three cards wouldn't do. Besides, I never said you didn't have anything, so you can just take it down a notch there spunky. You just never answered the questions.

Either way, congrats on having a million cards and letting your dad use them.
Appreciate 0