New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #485
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: o_0

Happily waiting for the new toy I was holding.
Attached Images

06-09-2019, 06:39 PM   #486
f80_sturmgewehr
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2017 F80 M3

My alien kitty 👽🛸
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
DETRoadster11446.00
King Rudi13152.00
shay2nak1070.00
      06-09-2019, 07:02 PM   #487
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80_sturmgewehr View Post
My alien kitty 👽🛸
Are these little dudes less allergenic than a "normal" cat?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #488
f80_sturmgewehr
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
My alien kitty 👽🛸
Yes, they produce far less allergic reactions. A buddy of mine is allergic to cats but suffers no reactions when around her.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00
      06-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #489
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My alien kitty 👽🛸
Yes, they produce far less allergic reactions. A buddy of mine is allergic to cats but suffers no reactions when around her.
Nice! My wife really wants another cat but we are both allergic and feeling a lot better (allergy wise) since ours passed away a few years ago.

Cool that there are options. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 07:22 PM   #490
f80_sturmgewehr
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My alien kitty 👽🛸
Nice! My wife really wants another cat but we are both allergic and feeling a lot better (allergy wise) since ours passed away a few years ago.

Of course!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 07:54 PM   #491
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

Bruno has been added to family
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
upstatedoc7555.50
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
nyalpine907380.00
kscarrol8775.50
      06-10-2019, 08:29 AM   #492
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:

I think that you can be allergic to different parts of animals (IIRC, for cats it is hair, dander/skin, or saliva), so before you buy in you may want to get checked - a subset of cat-allergic people are just as allergic to the hairless ones (also heard of some breeds out of Europe that don't have the dander component?). You probably also need a tinfoil hat, b/c those cats look like they have a direct link to some super weird mind-ray stuff (and I mean 'relative to normal cat mind control' level of weird).
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00
      06-10-2019, 08:44 AM   #493
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
My alien kitty 👽🛸
I would love to have a Sphynx! Beautiful animal.

Requesting assistance from cat owners. The week before Hamilton went to the vet for his grooming a stray showed up lingering around my house and the neighbors. Hamilton has always been an indoor/outdoor cat. He has a litter box inside but prefers to go outside so I've just always let him come and go as he pleases. I have a pet door on the garage door and another on the entrance to the house from the garage but keep it locked as he likes to get on the car.

Friday I came home from work and he shat in one of the spare bedrooms. Completely unlike him. His litter box stays clean so it isn't because it was dirty. Saturday morning I caught him pissing in the corner of the same bedroom. I started keeping the door closed to this room this weekend and caught him pissing outside the door to this bedroom again last night.
Completely baffled. All he has to do is go to a door, meow and he gets to go outside. Could he be doing this to express his disdain for getting groomed or could it possibly be because of the stray that has showed up outside and he is marking his territory? I have to find a fix to this as I can't allow him to destroy my house. Any help/suggestions appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #494
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Did the stray happen to make its way into said room thru the animal doors?

Is Hamilton in the beginning stages of some illness? The equivalent to kennel cough for dogs?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #495
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
I think that you can be allergic to different parts of animals (IIRC, for cats it is hair, dander/skin, or saliva), so before you buy in you may want to get checked - a subset of cat-allergic people are just as allergic to the hairless ones (also heard of some breeds out of Europe that don't have the dander component?). You probably also need a tinfoil hat, b/c those cats look like they have a direct link to some super weird mind-ray stuff (and I mean 'relative to normal cat mind control' level of weird).
100%. I'd never launch into getting an animal without doing research first and understanding the pros/cons. At this point we have 1 geriatric dog who doesn't like her routine messed with and a 7 year old dog who loves to chase and bite cats, so, we are talking like 5 to 8 years before we would get one as the current situation does not lend itself to bringing a new cat into the mix.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 10:26 AM   #496
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post

Requesting assistance from cat owners. The week before Hamilton went to the vet for his grooming a stray showed up lingering around my house and the neighbors. Hamilton has always been an indoor/outdoor cat. He has a litter box inside but prefers to go outside so I've just always let him come and go as he pleases. I have a pet door on the garage door and another on the entrance to the house from the garage but keep it locked as he likes to get on the car.

Friday I came home from work and he shat in one of the spare bedrooms. Completely unlike him. His litter box stays clean so it isn't because it was dirty. Saturday morning I caught him pissing in the corner of the same bedroom. I started keeping the door closed to this room this weekend and caught him pissing outside the door to this bedroom again last night.
Completely baffled. All he has to do is go to a door, meow and he gets to go outside. Could he be doing this to express his disdain for getting groomed or could it possibly be because of the stray that has showed up outside and he is marking his territory? I have to find a fix to this as I can't allow him to destroy my house. Any help/suggestions appreciated.
Dang, sorry man. Cats can be fickle that way. Ours would do the same thing from time to time when it was under stress. Our dogs will periodically do it too. We will go a year without an accident in the house and then suddenly, one of them is pooping in the house several times a day for several days. Then it resolves itself just as quickly and mysteriously as it started. My best advice is to just stay calm and give it a couple days. I'll bet it resolves.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #497
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Did the stray happen to make its way into said room thru the animal doors?

Is Hamilton in the beginning stages of some illness? The equivalent to kennel cough for dogs?
The stray hasn't been inside nor can it gain access. A girl I dated a few years back did bring her new kitten by once and it did pee in that particular bedroom but that was years ago and the carpets have been cleaned since then. Plus I've had Hamilton for almost 3 years now. I would imagine if he were smelling the scent of the kitten, he would have already detected it by now.

Quote:
Dang, sorry man. Cats can be fickle that way. Ours would do the same thing from time to time when it was under stress. Our dogs will periodically do it too. We will go a year without an accident in the house and then suddenly, one of them is pooping in the house several times a day for several days. Then it resolves itself just as quickly and mysteriously as it started. My best advice is to just stay calm and give it a couple days. I'll bet it resolves.
I'll try letting it resolve itself for a week and see how that plays out. Next thought is to have the carpets cleaned or possibly some of those pheromone scents.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #498
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 228iX & M2C

If he stops peeing altogether, and/or stops eating/drinking, then I'd check with a vet - it was a sign one of ours was having bladder issues. But also a real common behavior for territorial or "expressive" purposes (i.e. he's PO'd about the haircut). I'm betting it is the new cat - that is a classic territorial thing for male cats.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #499
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
If he stops peeing altogether, and/or stops eating/drinking, then I'd check with a vet - it was a sign one of ours was having bladder issues. But also a real common behavior for territorial or "expressive" purposes (i.e. he's PO'd about the haircut). I'm betting it is the new cat - that is a classic territorial thing for male cats.
I'm thinking the same thing. This poses a whole new set of issues. Due to the low income housing down the street from my house. The tenants are well known for dropping off animals at the end of my street. Usually every spring there are new critters running around the neighborhood that are none of the neighbors. How do I go about getting rid of a stray cat that just wants to hang out around my place?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #500
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

Quote:

Friday I came home from work and he shat in one of the spare bedrooms.
pissed about his haircut, or that's at least what no one told me
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-10-2019, 12:24 PM   #501
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:

like someone mentioned earlier could be a bladder problem.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #502
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:

Wow - odd behavior. If Hamilton if fixed, then it is very unlikely he is 'marking'. They don't really do that if they have been neutered.

It seems he has decided that the room is now an acceptable place to go potty. Typically, the simplest solution to this is to make it an unattractive place to go. You can spray some 'anti-scratch' spray in the room to see if that helps. Another option is to put various things in there to make it difficult to find a place to go, such as furniture and what not. You can also start putting his food and water bowl in there - since cats usually will not go potty anywhere near where they eat.
      06-10-2019, 12:45 PM   #503
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
I'm thinking the same thing. This poses a whole new set of issues. Due to the low income housing down the street from my house. The tenants are well known for dropping off animals at the end of my street. Usually every spring there are new critters running around the neighborhood that are none of the neighbors. How do I go about getting rid of a stray cat that just wants to hang out around my place?
Toss catnip and food into a different (unloved) neighbours backyard for a little while for the stray to become affixed to that house?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-10-2019, 02:07 PM   #504
DETRoadster
Rep

Hmmm, Now_Rudi has a cat that's upset about the neighborhood stray hanging around his turf. Run Silent takes in spare cats. How far apart do you two live? I have an idea.....

This is like when you're looking at Craigslist and you see an add for a "free washing machine, you must haul away", then 2 lines down you see a post for "need washing machine, cheap, have truck." and you wonder how have you two not found each other yet. You can solve each other's problems!
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc7555.50
King Rudi13152.00
      06-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #505
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Haha. The funny thing is we actually live somewhat close to one another. I live in East Tennessee and he lives in middle Tennessee. Unfortunate part is TN is a insanely wide state and crosses time zones - so we are about 4.5hrs apart.

He has a standing offer to come drive the 360 with my on the Dragon should he ever be this way.
I'm picturing Now_Rudi piloting the 360 at above legal speeds through the curves of the dragon while you are strapped in the passenger seat trying to hold onto a couple of less than amused, mangy, stray cats. Post photos to the "LOL Pics" thread if this ever happens...
Appreciate 2
Run Silent15127.00
King Rudi13152.00
      06-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #506
mistapony
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2016 Tanzanite/Opal Comp M3 MT

Our newest addition

Mercer says hi!

Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7555.50