New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

09-25-2016, 08:17 PM   #375
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Blah, too many blow outs for one day.

I'm going to the gym
      09-25-2016, 08:54 PM   #376
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Drives: 6.3 AMG

eagles foreal? steelers a sham?

seahawks offense on track?

arizona???? what happened?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 11:14 PM   #377
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Drives: M

So when will can we declare the Rams f*cked up not taking Wentz over Goff?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 11:37 PM   #378
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

As a 4 decade long Cowboys fan and Romo fan... Let me just say, if the rookie Dak continues to win and excel like he currently is (broke record for most completions without any turnovers by a rookie QB ever!) I see zero reason to bring Romo back... Period. This kid is beyond spectacular. He looks more like a 7yr veteran than a rookie. And Zeke will only improve himself. They have already set multiple records in Dallas as well.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135836.50
      09-25-2016, 11:54 PM   #379
csu87
Banned
Rep

Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
So when will can we declare the Rams f*cked up not taking Wentz over Goff?
Maybe once the rams start playing him.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 12:02 AM   #380
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
As a 4 decade long Cowboys fan and Romo fan... Let me just say, if the rookie Dak continues to win and excel like he currently is (broke record for most completions without any turnovers by a rookie QB ever!) I see zero reason to bring Romo back... Period. This kid is beyond spectacular. He looks more like a 7yr veteran than a rookie. And Zeke will only improve himself. They have already set multiple records in Dallas as well.
He didn't break the all time record just the cowboy record.

Edit: oh shit he did. Well hot damn. Tony who.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13653.00
      09-26-2016, 08:34 AM   #381
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Yeah Romo should just ride the bench or they could trade him in the offseason. Finally, Cowboy fans are realizing that Romo wasn't all cracked up to be. Being labeled Mr. October is great for MLB, not so bueno for NFL.

Giants pissed me off yesterday and (WARNING - OFF TOPIC) while I was watching the game with my family at a sports restaurant, someone stole my carbon fiber trunk spoiler lol. Double whammy but thankfully no body damage but took me two hours to remove all the adhesive.

Steelers got pwned, Jets are who we thought they were, Dolphins are fortunate that they aren't 0-3 and yesterday sucked lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #382
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

What Minnesota did to Cam Newton in Carolina was unfathomable! 8 sacks and their first loss in at home in 14 games! Watching that game and Green bay game, Vikings D is either #1 or #2 currently. But yeah, Philly defense and coaching and rookie QB is certainly dangerous.

The NFC East is definitely rising up in the mix!

Look, Romo is a warrior plain and simple! I am also the first to acknowledge, we needed a young stud ready to take over. From what I have seen and should Dak continue to win AND not turnover the ball, why in the F would you bring Romo back? No way I as a owner or GM would do that. You NEVER bench the "hot hand". Plus, I also agree with (painfully) trading Romo next season for Defensive help. Tony had a great run and he deserves a Ring. Unfortunately, Dallas has NOT had a competent team around him for years and I still don't like the head coach. But I will support my team thru thick and thin.
      09-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #383
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Yeah Romo should just ride the bench or they could trade him in the offseason. Finally, Cowboy fans are realizing that Romo wasn't all cracked up to be. Being labeled Mr. October is great for MLB, not so bueno for NFL.

Giants pissed me off yesterday and (WARNING - OFF TOPIC) while I was watching the game with my family at a sports restaurant, someone stole my carbon fiber trunk spoiler lol. Double whammy but thankfully no body damage but took me two hours to remove all the adhesive.

Steelers got pwned, Jets are who we thought they were, Dolphins are fortunate that they aren't 0-3 and yesterday sucked lol.

where were you at when you got it stolen so i can avoid that place? jesus christ that sucks.

lots of rookie qb's doing their thing this year, crazy.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #384
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
where were you at when you got it stolen so i can avoid that place? jesus christ that sucks.

lots of rookie qb's doing their thing this year, crazy.
Sunset Mall parking lot off of US1 in Coral Gables/South Miami border. Got my parking ticket at 12:37pm, moved my way up to the 4th floor (mostly empty) and backed into a spot alongside a wall. Came out around 4:30 and saw it gone with the adhesive stuck on the trunk. Police came, gave me a case number and told me that they would view security cameras but we all know they won't find a plate number so I'll take it as a loss regardless. Now if I would have parked along with other cars I don't know if this still would have happened.

Back on topic, Cowboys should trade Romo in the offseason IF Dak continues to be Dak. I can see the J-E-T-S make a trade for him. Wentz, not too shabby.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 12:31 PM   #385
csu87
Banned
Rep

So amazing that people are jumping off the Romo train so quickly.

Yes Dak has been good, albeit the 3 teams theyve played so far are not very good, but lets keep in mind he has only 1 td so far on the season. He hasnt made interception or fumble mistakes, he has gotten lucky on a few passes, but he hasnt made the big, game winning plays yet either. The running game has been saving him and putting up the points and the defense is just not quite bad enough to really lose the game. Watching him, I'm not as nervous that he will throw a pick like I am while watching Romo, but I'm also not seeing him throw much downfield. He hadnt had a completion of 20 yards or more in the air until the underthrown ball to beasley last night.

He is doing enough to not lose the game, but hasnt been asked to win the game yet either. Hes completing a lot of short to intermediate routes, but I really hope we dont get into a shoot out with anyone.

Hopefully he continues to grow and mature in the offense, but a healthy Romo > Dak at this point. Romo may throw an interception or 2, but there is the reason he is at the top of the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks and his 4th quarter QB rating is 2nd to Aaron Rodgers by .5 since coming into the league. People forget he was a favorite for MVP 2 years ago...
Appreciate 1
VRG_135836.50
      09-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #386
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
So amazing that people are jumping off the Romo train so quickly.

Yes Dak has been good, albeit the 3 teams theyve played so far are not very good, but lets keep in mind he has only 1 td so far on the season. He hasnt made interception or fumble mistakes, he has gotten lucky on a few passes, but he hasnt made the big, game winning plays yet either. The running game has been saving him and putting up the points and the defense is just not quite bad enough to really lose the game. Watching him, I'm not as nervous that he will throw a pick like I am while watching Romo, but I'm also not seeing him throw much downfield. He hadnt had a completion of 20 yards or more in the air until the underthrown ball to beasley last night.

He is doing enough to not lose the game, but hasnt been asked to win the game yet either. Hes completing a lot of short to intermediate routes, but I really hope we dont get into a shoot out with anyone.

Hopefully he continues to grow and mature in the offense, but a healthy Romo > Dak at this point. Romo may throw an interception or 2, but there is the reason he is at the top of the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks and his 4th quarter QB rating is 2nd to Aaron Rodgers by .5 since coming into the league. People forget he was a favorite for MVP 2 years ago...
I believe Romo's contract makes him almost untradeable anyway. I also believe its too early to jump off the Romo bandwagon. There are going to be games where the defense gives up too many points, and it'll be up to Tony to win the game. But that won't be next week! SF sucks!!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 01:04 PM   #387
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Not "writing him off". I am and will be a huge Romo fan and have defended the guy more times than I can count!
But... No one including Romo can escape 'Father Time'! The fact is, he has become injury prone. I would really hate to see the guy, husband and dad, go down with a devastating neck or back injury. I still say, you don't sit the hot hand.
      09-26-2016, 01:22 PM   #388
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Not "writing him off". I am and will be a huge Romo fan and have defended the guy more times than I can count!
But... No one including Romo can escape 'Father Time'! The fact is, he has become injury prone. I would really hate to see the guy, husband and dad, go down with a devastating neck or back injury. I still say, you don't sit the hot hand.
Yeah I agree that he probably should retire. Back injuries are no joke. But if he is 100% and can play, I'd rather play him if we are in playoff contention. If the season is lost, like it was last season when he tried coming back, no sense in letting him take a beating.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 01:58 PM   #389
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Why would anyone take romo over dak at this point. It makes zero since.
      09-26-2016, 02:53 PM   #390
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Why would anyone take romo over dak at this point. It makes zero since.
1) Romo gets injured often
2) Mr. October
3) Play the hot hand
4) Reminds me of Bledsoe/Brady 2001 (FTR, I am not saying DAK is Brady lol)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #391
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: '13 f30 n26

i still need to see him throw the deep ball.. i'm not sold on Dak yet
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 11:13 PM   #392
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
i still need to see him throw the deep ball.. i'm not sold on Dak yet
Oh he has the arm and accuracy. He did it in college and in preseason. Coaches are restricting him no doubt!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 11:40 PM   #393
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Me after the hit on Dez Sunday and he had to be helped off the field...

Appreciate 1
csu872134.00
      09-27-2016, 12:14 AM   #394
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep

Drives: 335i

Can we all agree that Brees' contract is the reason the Saints suck? He's getting around $22M this year and had to restructure the cap hit down to around $18M, just means the hit is going to balloon like crazy in the next few years. They can't get decent talent on the roster because they have no money.
      09-27-2016, 09:42 AM   #395
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57 View Post
Can we all agree that Brees' contract is the reason the Saints suck? He's getting around $22M this year and had to restructure the cap hit down to around $18M, just means the hit is going to balloon like crazy in the next few years. They can't get decent talent on the roster because they have no money.
Completely agree! Don't forget they are also paying Payton a shit ton of $$$ too.
      09-27-2016, 10:16 AM   #396
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57 View Post
I'm sorry but he's worth every penny. Some people take pay cuts to win. He already won. He wants to get paid now i don't blame him.
Appreciate 0