New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #5325
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshiftapex View Post
The thing that I find so funny is girls who have requirements in their bio.

i.e.: Be over 6ft tall, etc.

Most of the girls that post that aren't even attractive to begin with.
hey don't say that
being 6'3 is literally the only thing that gets me laid i can't let that go
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 10:57 PM   #5326
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Yep, this I don't get. Online dating is difficult enough, adding requirements basically narrows your potential candidates down to nothing. I'll have to see if I can find it, but a friend sent me a screenshot a year or so ago of this chick's Tinder profile. Her hobbies included "riding in nice cars, laying out on yachts" and other stupid shit. She was not as attractive as she probably thought.

One requirement I saw was "must live in a nice neighborhood". Too much HGTV watching I guess.

I went on a coffee date tonight and it was a fail. 32 year old blonde teacher in decent shape turned out to be a 37 year old ex-teacher (she didn't say why) who was also a smoker and TERRIBLE at conversation.

I was immediately thinking of how I would get out of it as soon as she sat down.
Damn, I'm sorry to hear about that fail. How uncomfortable.

Putting a bunch of superficial stuff in their "wish list" is their way of defining criteria by which they can disqualify/dismiss you whenever they're ready to bail. And the fact that nobody can meet the criteria is the very purpose behind the criteria. They can thus complain that "there just aren't any good men out there" and use that as an excuse to bang their married boss or their brother-in-law or the UPS driver.
      02-04-2020, 11:07 PM   #5327
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Their idea of fun & laughing is adding filters to their photos & taking the pics only from above their head to hide the gut then they put "curvy" or "average" as body type.
Sorry ladies, but if you ain't seen your shoes since you put 'em on, you're fat. If you're a guy and you can't look down and see at least 6" of dick, you're fat...or disadvantaged in some other unfortunate way.
King Rudi13154.00
      02-04-2020, 11:19 PM   #5328
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Sorry ladies, but if you ain't seen your shoes since you put 'em on, you're fat. If you're a guy and you can't look down and see at least 6" of dick, you're fat...or disadvantaged in some other unfortunate way.
im going to print this and hang on my mirror as motivation, thanks
Appreciate 3
      02-05-2020, 02:17 AM   #5329
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Thats true, whats the purpose of a very nice cleavage when your butt is twice the width of your shoulders?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      02-05-2020, 05:54 AM   #5330
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
I have always taken pride in my appearance, but I will honestly say it can be a two way street.

In one way it has allowed me to easily pick up dates and be approached by women.

But in others I have been actually told a few times that I made the person feel insecure about themselves and they felt I could be right off to the next "latest and greatest" thing that might come up.

The bad thing is that I'm not even remotely that type of person. If I told you up front I wasn't looking for anything serious and just wanted to have fun...I meant it.

But if things did go somewhere and I agreed to be exclusive with one person, I am fiercely loyal.
      02-05-2020, 07:20 AM   #5331
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Damn, I'm sorry to hear about that fail. How uncomfortable.

Putting a bunch of superficial stuff in their "wish list" is their way of defining criteria by which they can disqualify/dismiss you whenever they're ready to bail. And the fact that nobody can meet the criteria is the very purpose behind the criteria. They can thus complain that "there just aren't any good men out there" and use that as an excuse to bang their married boss or their brother-in-law or the UPS driver.
What can brown do for you?

It was uncomfortable, but it's a major reason I do coffee for a first encounter with someone online. I have no issue doing dinner or something else for a first date with someone I have met in person. I also came straight from work, so I had work clothes on (tie) and the bimmer, so she automatically assumed I was a snob which made for interesting convo.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2020, 07:21 AM   #5332
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I have always taken pride in my appearance, but I will honestly say it can be a two way street.

In one way it has allowed me to easily pick up dates and be approached by women.

But in others I have been actually told a few times that I made the person feel insecure about themselves and they felt I could be right off to the next "latest and greatest" thing that might come up.

The bad thing is that I'm not even remotely that type of person. If I told you up front I wasn't looking for anything serious and just wanted to have fun...I meant it.

But if things did go somewhere and I agreed to be exclusive with one person, I am fiercely loyal.
Same here.

Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
      02-05-2020, 07:28 AM   #5333
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

From what I'm reading on here it looks like the men are taking a stand and making a comeback. Women have ruled the online dating scene since it started and it feels like it's completely out of hand. Good on you gents for putting your foots down and not taking this BS just to get a date.....or aka laid in this day and age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post

See, this is an issue that I used to run into a lot. I got questioned by women who were invited to my house - A.) You must be married and where is your wife (because I keep a tidy house) B.) Are you gay? (because I'm well kept, clean, well spoken and somewhat intelligent) and C.) Looked down on because financially I'm not in the same place they are.....which is weird how people who are poor look down on people that aren't loaded but aren't poor.

Their insecurities are on them not on me. If I've been able to pull myself out of the gutter multiple times and get back to where I want to be in life, I shouldn't be made to feel bad about it because they haven't been able to do it once yet. I actually told the girl that accused me of being gay that because I have a nice house and it's well decorated, "Just because you live in a shit hole and date uncultured men doesn't mean I'm gay. It simply means you date men with no class due to lack of self esteem on your end." I banged her, aka violated her, as in dominated her ass; smacked her on her ass and sent her on her way. She was calling the next day wanting to suddenly have a fling after being very adamant in the beginning about not being that type of girl. Funny how when they find someone who can put it down right, suddenly their entire prospective on a relationship and what they will accept changes.
Appreciate 4
      02-05-2020, 07:40 AM   #5334
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
From what I'm reading on here it looks like the men are taking a stand and making a comeback. Women have ruled the online dating scene since it started and it feels like it's completely out of hand. Good on you gents for putting your foots down and not taking this BS just to get a date.....or aka laid in this day and age.

See, this is an issue that I used to run into a lot. I got questioned by women who were invited to my house - A.) You must be married and where is your wife (because I keep a tidy house) B.) Are you gay? (because I'm well kept, clean, well spoken and somewhat intelligent) and C.) Looked down on because financially I'm not in the same place they are.....which is weird how people who are poor look down on people that aren't loaded but aren't poor.

Their insecurities are on them not on me. If I've been able to pull myself out of the gutter multiple times and get back to where I want to be in life, I shouldn't be made to feel bad about it because they haven't been able to do it once yet. I actually told the girl that accused me of being gay that because I have a nice house and it's well decorated, "Just because you live in a shit hole and date uncultured men doesn't mean I'm gay. It simply means you date men with no class due to lack of self esteem on your end." I banged her, aka violated her, as in dominated her ass; smacked her on her ass and sent her on her way. She was calling the next day wanting to suddenly have a fling after being very adamant in the beginning about not being that type of girl. Funny how when they find someone who can put it down right, suddenly their entire prospective on a relationship and what they will accept changes.
I think it has more to do with your confidence and being willing to tell her to go fuck herself. It seems many people these days (particularly attractive or successful ones) are used to having everyone around them just bend to their will. When you stand up for yourself and demonstrate to them you can live without them its confusing and they are attracted to it.

This is why when you have an ex you haven't talked to for years they try to enter back into your life and reach out. The fact that you are doing well without them pisses them off.

Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      02-05-2020, 07:49 AM   #5335
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 230i

I have been divorced for over a year and just deleted the last of my online dating apps. It just isn't worth it from a time/benefit perspective.

I observed many of the same drawbacks and challenges as others have reported. I watched a Ted Talk on online dating and adopted the women's tactics. I always replied to a women's profile with comments on their profile but asking questions and relating it to myself. If they replied in kind I would set up a coffee with a 1 hour hard stop. I told them in advance that I could only stay an hour. The point of that coffee was to determine if I wanted to spend three hours with the person on a more involved date.

It worked well and no one had to come up with an excuse if either us were not feeling it. I did convert the coffee to dates several times. Then I found that women were wanting exclusive relationships too quickly.

I have immersed myself in activities where I meet people in real life, and allow those relationships to developed naturally, the old fashioned way. Way more fun.

And a final hint gentlemen, if you want to meet some really nice women take Salsa Dancing lessons.
Appreciate 3
      02-05-2020, 07:53 AM   #5336
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
And a final hint gentlemen, if you want to meet some really nice women take Salsa Dancing lessons.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 08:01 AM   #5337
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

You know what modern times had brought me to? When Im asking or reading someones name, I can't withstand to enter it at fuqing google!
If I find nothing, Im not disappointed but mildly surprised.
So for the very younger generation, which isn't thinkable w/o social media, what should they trust aside of net present facts? If you're growing up with so to speak "if you hadn't something to hide you have to show yourself public" thesis, what to expect?
That's bothering me the most. Where is the art of real conversation gone? With Apps?? Seems like...

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 08:06 AM   #5338
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
I have been divorced for over a year and just deleted the last of my online dating apps. It just isn't worth it from a time/benefit perspective.

I observed many of the same drawbacks and challenges as others have reported. I watched a Ted Talk on online dating and adopted the women's tactics. I always replied to a women's profile with comments on their profile but asking questions and relating it to myself. If they replied in kind I would set up a coffee with a 1 hour hard stop. I told them in advance that I could only stay an hour. The point of that coffee was to determine if I wanted to spend three hours with the person on a more involved date.

It worked well and no one had to come up with an excuse if either us were not feeling it. I did convert the coffee to dates several times. Then I found that women were wanting exclusive relationships too quickly.

I have immersed myself in activities where I meet people in real life, and allow those relationships to developed naturally, the old fashioned way. Way more fun.

I disagree with this line of thinking. What if said 1 hour date is awesome & you guys don't wanna end it? Do you end it anyway just to set up a new date or continue this date like ya have common sense? Carpe Diem, Always Be Closing, etc.

Also, what is the allure of a coffee date? I always make it somewhere with booze. Loosen up, folks!

How quickly did they wanna be exclusive?

So what activities have you taken up to meet all these unicorns?
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2020, 08:09 AM   #5339
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yep, this I don't get. Online dating is difficult enough, adding requirements basically narrows your potential candidates down to nothing. I'll have to see if I can find it, but a friend sent me a screenshot a year or so ago of this chick's Tinder profile. Her hobbies included "riding in nice cars, laying out on yachts" and other stupid shit. She was not as attractive as she probably thought.

One requirement I saw was "must live in a nice neighborhood". Too much HGTV watching I guess.

I went on a coffee date tonight and it was a fail. 32 year old blonde teacher in decent shape turned out to be a 37 year old ex-teacher (she didn't say why) who was also a smoker and TERRIBLE at conversation.

I was immediately thinking of how I would get out of it as soon as she sat down.
So how did you leave? I just walk out, fuck em.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 08:25 AM   #5340
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What can brown do for you?

It was uncomfortable, but it's a major reason I do coffee for a first encounter with someone online. I have no issue doing dinner or something else for a first date with someone I have met in person. I also came straight from work, so I had work clothes on (tie) and the bimmer, so she automatically assumed I was a snob which made for interesting convo.
Yeah, this is why I meet for coffee for the meet-and-greet. You just never know what you're in for, conversation-wise. If things are awkward, I don't want to have to sit through a whole meal with the person.

You're also confirming my strategy of revealing very little about my lifestyle - which isn't exactly extravagant - on a meet-and-greet. If I pick up any whiffs of classism or that she resents people who are successful, I can bail without having to be offended directly. On a previous dating cycle on Match, I listed my income. I got a couple of snide comments about it from a couple of women. Seeya! Although, part of me wanted to give them an earful.
      02-05-2020, 08:28 AM   #5341
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
I disagree with this line of thinking. What if said 1 hour date is awesome & you guys don't wanna end it? Do you end it anyway just to set up a new date or continue this date like ya have common sense? Carpe Diem, Always Be Closing, etc.
Always leave em wanting more. There was always a nice sense of anticipation for that real date.

Quote:
Also, what is the allure of a coffee date? I always make it somewhere with booze. Loosen up, folks!
I don't drink, I want to see someone who can function without having to drink, and I don't want to pay for alcohol for someone I don't know.

Quote:
How quickly did they wanna be exclusive?
typically after 2 dates

Quote:
So what activities have you taken up to meet all these unicorns?
I find ways to get involved. Group activities with friends, Salsa dancing, I joined a riding group (bicycles) , I arrange group outings with co-workers. I also find that when you are social and fun, even women who are unavailable will set you up with their friends.

You have to find ways to get out among people.
Appreciate 2
      02-05-2020, 08:35 AM   #5342
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Thats true, whats the purpose of a very nice cleavage when your butt is twice the width of your shoulders?
I can't fuck a fat girl. I'm scared of heights.
      02-05-2020, 08:43 AM   #5343
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So how did you leave? I just walk out, fuck em.
I had a friend with car issues.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 08:46 AM   #5344
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My latest beef: women in their mid-50s who still have children at home. WTF? C'mon ladies, pry 'em off the tit. They won't grow up until you do.
      02-05-2020, 08:52 AM   #5345
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post

It takes some discipline to not take on other peoples' insecurities. I've gotten the "tidy house, are you gay?" comment a few times. It's like they've either a.) dated nothing but troglodytes, or b.) bought into the popular media's portayal of single men as either metrosexuals or neanderthals. I'm just a regular guy who takes care of himself and has some pride in how he looks. If that makes someone insecure, that's on them.
      02-05-2020, 09:22 AM   #5346
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I had a friend with car issues.
Pu$$y
Appreciate 0