New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

04-18-2016, 03:04 PM   #287
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I'm predicting he will have a very strong game..question is, can the rest of the Flyers hold off the caps?
Oh I'm sure he's itching to get out there, and put Saturday night behind him, but with Couturier out the rest of the series, it'll be an uphill battle.

Tonight is a big, big night for Philly. They go down tonight, they could seriously be the first team eliminated from the playoffs...with Minnesota going down soon after.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 03:07 PM   #288
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Oh I'm sure he's itching to get out there, and put Saturday night behind him, but with Couturier out the rest of the series, it'll be an uphill battle.

Tonight is a big, big night for Philly. They go down tonight, they could seriously be the first team eliminated from the playoffs...with Minnesota going down soon after.
Oh don't give BayMoWE more firepower. You know all these teams are close..if he's standing on his head and the Flyers come out and play there best they will win tonight...the series...don't think so.
      04-18-2016, 08:52 PM   #289
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh don't give BayMoWE more firepower. You know all these teams are close..if he's standing on his head and the Flyers come out and play there best they will win tonight...the series...don't think so.
Yeah...that was an epic epic beat down.

I'm still a jaded caps fan but this team this season has been something special.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:33 PM   #290
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah...that was an epic epic beat down.

I'm still a jaded caps fan but this team this season has been something special.
Maybe we see the cup winner here
      04-19-2016, 06:21 AM   #291
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
I was going to start some shit about you shouldn't care because Tampa will never get to face them because... Go Wings. Then, I had post-traumatic stress responses from games 1 and 2 and decided to stow my trash talking till at LEAST after game 4. I wish we still owned everyone... it sucks having a team that is mortal again.
I'm actually a Caps fan. Have been since the early 80s; I am from the DC metro area. I live in FL, but am not a fan of any FL teams.

Philly fans are an embarrassment to the league, and last night was exhibit 1A. I go to the Caps games when they play the Lightning in Tampa, and the Tampa fans are always total class acts. Last night was disgusting, and if I were a Flyers fan I'd have my head buried under a rock today for more reasons than one.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 06:28 AM   #292
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep

Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
I was going to start some shit about you shouldn't care because Tampa will never get to face them because... Go Wings. Then, I had post-traumatic stress responses from games 1 and 2 and decided to stow my trash talking till at LEAST after game 4. I wish we still owned everyone... it sucks having a team that is mortal again.
I'm actually a Caps fan. Have been since the early 80s; I am from the DC metro area. I live in FL, but am not a fan of any FL teams.

Philly fans are an embarrassment to the league, and last night was exhibit 1A. I go to the Caps games when they play the Lightning in Tampa, and the Tampa fans are always total class acts. Last night was disgusting, and if I were a Flyers fan I'd have my head buried under a rock today for more reasons than one.
Yeah. That was an embarrassment. I think it was the Panthers and the rats that started the whole ice barrage thing back in the day. I mean, as a Wings fan, I know the Octopus is really the very beginning, but that is one object a couple times in the game at breaks in the action. The total littering if the ice is another thing completely. Bummer to see the team get penalized, but I'm not sure what else they can do.
Attached Images

04-19-2016, 06:47 AM   #293
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post

Yeah Philly fans in general have always been complete scum. I mean Jesus they drew a damn delay of game penalty.

Also hope Orpik is ok.

Last edited by fecurtis; 04-19-2016 at 08:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 08:22 AM   #294
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah Philly fans in general have always been complete scum. I mean Jesus they drew a damn delay of game penalty.

I also hate Ryan White, although I looked at that replay multiple times. Looked like a clean hit, still, fuck him. Hope Orpik can bounce back.
I agree, I think it was a clean hit too. I think Orpik was crouching to get the puck, White went in for a legal shoulder check, and Orpik's head got sandwiched between White's shoulder and the glass.

Honestly, I think Orpik is done. He's 35, has his name on the cup, and is wealthier than most people will ever be. From that standpoint, he doesn't have much else to prove.

He was out for a big chunk of this season due to injury, and now he's likely out again. The biggest problem is that this appears to be a head injury, and it isn't his first one. He had his bell rung big time last night, and with all that we now know about head injuries I don't know that I'd risk another one. At this point in his life I think he might start looking at the big picture and hang it up.

The Caps are so deep, I don't know that this really impedes them much. I expect to see Chorney take his spot on Wednesday. I'll again hope to see Mason in net, but I'd be utterly shocked if Neuvirth isn't there.

And yes, phuck Philadelphia.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 08:49 AM   #295
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I went to do legs expecting to watch the first periods on the big screen at the gym. Stupid TV broke. Got home for the 3rd period, but nearly passed out trying to keep my eyes open listening in the shower. Turned out the lights, got comfy just in time to here the ESPN app tell me the Kings pulled it out in OT. Can they win back home ice Wednesday? Last night's team could.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 10:39 AM   #296
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I went to do legs expecting to watch the first periods on the big screen at the gym. Stupid TV broke. Got home for the 3rd period, but nearly passed out trying to keep my eyes open listening in the shower. Turned out the lights, got comfy just in time to here the ESPN app tell me the Kings pulled it out in OT. Can they win back home ice Wednesday? Last night's team could.
Don't think anything was different other than the final score...course that's all that matters, but neither team is showing any kind of dominance. Might as well flip a coin.
      04-19-2016, 11:16 AM   #297
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

The passing was crisper. Half the turnovers of previous games. Oh, and Quick was ON HIS GAME last night, although one save where he dove out it seemed even he had some groin pains after that one.

Shouldn't there be a rule where the goalie can only dive so far out in front of the net and smother the puck? They put that damn trapezoid behind the net.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 11:49 AM   #298
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
They Wild beat the division winning Blues and Avalanche in 2 straight playoffs.

You said the Stars are all offense. They've given up 1 goal in 2 games so far and scored 4 goals and proved they can win "playoff hockey" style games tonight. Kari is on fire and stood in his head tonight.

Stars, bitch.
Pinkman,

Stop living in the past....things change year to year. The Wild have a terrible offense and are missing Zach Parise. They scored 4 goals in 1 game bro, and are giving up more goals as the series goes on. The playoffs are a long, grueling process, that the Stars aren't built for IMO
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 11:51 AM   #299
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:
Don't think anything was different other than the final score...course that's all that matters, but neither team is showing any kind of dominance. Might as well flip a coin.
I think the difference last night was that we shut down the Sharks' PP. Their PP is lethal, and is the difference between winning and losing.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 01:00 PM   #300
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
Pinkman,

Stop living in the past....things change year to year. The Wild have a terrible offense and are missing Zach Parise. They scored 4 goals in 1 game bro, and are giving up more goals as the series goes on. The playoffs are a long, grueling process, that the Stars aren't built for IMO
Stars were terrible last night, but I kept trying to say the Wild are NOT a pushover. They beat the favored Blues and Avalanche in the last 2 postseasons.

It's just one game, but the Stars haven't played well in a game and 2 periods.

Still up 2-1, but the series will be tough as it always is in the NHL. 1 versus 8 is like no big deal. This isn't the NBA.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 01:34 PM   #301
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

http://www.si.com/nhl/2016/04/19/bra...-injury-update

Ugh. Trotz expects him to play tomorrow though so hopefully it's nothing.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 02:41 PM   #302
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
I think the difference last night was that we shut down the Sharks' PP. Their PP is lethal, and is the difference between winning and losing.
This is true..
Seemed like the kings on the first two games were trying to be too physical...more concerned with giving a beat down than taking care of their own end. That stuff is all fun until the other team is putting it in the net on the pp.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 02:47 PM   #303
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Stars were terrible last night, but I kept trying to say the Wild are NOT a pushover. They beat the favored Blues and Avalanche in the last 2 postseasons.

It's just one game, but the Stars haven't played well in a game and 2 periods.

Still up 2-1, but the series will be tough as it always is in the NHL. 1 versus 8 is like no big deal. This isn't the NBA.
So assuming Stars win this series, how do you think they will do against the Blues or Hawks--markedly better teams?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #304
catcher22
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Philly sucks. They play soo dirty!! Their fans are dirty, literally. The team got a minor penalty because their fans kept throwing trash onto the ice!! I used to hang out a lot in Philly during college and IMO it's an ultra-aggressive city (east coast brah).

Can't wait for the Caps to hand it to them tomorrow. Yesterday's game was a complete shit-show for Philly; they fell apart and both the team and their fans acted like crap because of it.
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2016, 03:11 PM   #305
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep

Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
Philly sucks. They play soo dirty!! Their fans are dirty, literally. The team got a minor penalty because their fans kept throwing trash onto the ice!! I used to hang out a lot in Philly during college and IMO it's an ultra-aggressive city (east coast brah).

Can't wait for the Caps to hand it to them tomorrow. Yesterday's game was a complete shit-show for Philly; they fell apart and both the team and their fans acted like crap because of it.
So what you're saying is that you are not really decided on how you feel about the Flyers? Kinda like 'em, kinda don't? Jury's out sorta thing?
      04-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #306
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
So assuming Stars win this series, how do you think they will do against the Blues or Hawks--markedly better teams?
They owned the Hawks in the regular season and also won 3/4 against the Blues. I think Dallas has as good of a chance as anyone to come out of the West. Need slightly more urgency and team defense to help out Kari. Yesterday showed they got lazy.

It also shows the Wild aren't a pushover and why they upset favorites 2 straight years.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 04:04 PM   #307
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post

Flyers announce their game 4 giveaway!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 06:22 PM   #308
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Flyers announce their game 4 giveaway!
HAHAHAHA awesome!!! So do philly fans have to prove they are total Neanderthals to get their rock? Shouldn't be too hard for them.
Appreciate 1