New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

03-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
PLANETF1.com - Alonso slams latest rule changes

Quote:
Two-time World Champ Fernando Alonso has warned the FIA risks alienating fans of F1 in the wake of sweeping regulation changes.

The FIA's World Motor Sport Council has ruled that from this season onwards the drivers' title will be decided by race wins rather than points, while in a separate move the FIA decreed that from 2010 teams would be given the option of adhering to a budget cap of £30million.

The moves have already prompted criticism from the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA), who have accused the FIA of acting "unilaterally" in their rejection of both FOTA's own proposal to revise the points structure in F1 and their plans to reduce costs in the sport by 50% from 2010.

Alonso, who won the Drivers' title with Renault in 2005 and 2006, has joined the chorus of disquiet over the FIA's actions, calling for the budget cap rules in particular to be "reconsidered".

"I don't understand the need to constantly change the rules of this sport," the Spaniard told his personal website. "I think that these types of decisions can only confuse the fans.

"Formula One has developed for more than 50 years thanks to the teams, the sponsors, the drivers and, above all, the fans throughout the world, and none of them have been able to put their points of view in front of the FIA.

"I'm concerned not so much about the decisions that will affect the season which is about to start but, above all, those that will affect the future of the competition in the coming years.

"I hope that there's some way in which these measures can be reconsidered in the short term."

Alonso's boss, Renault team managing director Flavio Briatore, has also weighed in on the argument, calling Tuesday's announcement a "shock".

"With this we really need to sit down together and understand it, because the teams have already done a big job to reduce the costs," Briatore told BBC Sport.

"Formula One is very complicated. Sometimes you try to reduce the costs and instead the costs go up. We need stability, we need to be working with the federation together.

"It was a bit of a shock. I believe all the parties need to be working together to achieve a target.

"The financial crisis makes everyone worried and we need Formula One to be more efficient but sometimes we are not happy with the sentences that are imposed.

"I believe the teams have already done an incredible job for 2009 and 2010, and now we're ready to go further but we need to continue working together with the federation."
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...070340,00.html

Thank you Fernando!!!
Seems like its just Bernie and Max Mosley are short sighted and stupid....they alieninate fans like us and casual viewers just to tune in for some action once a while....they'll be more confused than various rules and regulations that F1 has now....
Thanks to them...F1 is being torn apart quickly....
      03-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Jenson Button also stated the rule changes will confuse spectators....

Quote:
Jenson: It's going to confuse the public

Jenson Button reckons F1's new 'winner-takes-all' system is going to do nothing but confuse the public.

Earlier this week the FIA's World Motor Sport Council ratified a new scoring system for the sport that will see the driver with the most wins, and not the one with the most points, clinch the World title.

And although F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone believes this will force drivers to race harder, Button thinks it's just going to confuse Joe Public.

"I think the public will struggle to understand why a driver with 60 points can become Champion instead of the one who has 100," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper.

"I understand the logic behind it and I find it interesting.

"For sure it's an incentive to always go for the win, but it seems risky too - after nine races, we could find ourselves with a driver that has already won the title and can stand still eating ice cream, while the guy in second in the standings is just 18 points behind."
I wonder if FOTA can do anything about it???
      03-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Shumi has said the same thing...

Angry German Speaks Out

This is the medal system in sheep's clothing. Total crap!!
      03-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
"Formula One has developed for more than 50 years thanks to the teams, the sponsors, the drivers and, above all, the fans throughout the world, and none of them have been able to put their points of view in front of the FIA."
Nice
      03-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep

Drives: E92 335i MT

Wait I'm confused.. How is the new system going to work if it's not by points?

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
JoosyJoos
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Exactly! We're confused already

1997 M3 Coupe - BMWCCA I-Prepared #22
2006 M Roadster - 23,000 miles and slowly counting
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #7
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 335i Msport

in case you missed it, they are putting it "on hold" until next year.
      03-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #8
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Bernie's idea is to award WDC to the one who win the most races regardless number of points he got throughout the season....
e.g. Driver A won 6 races but only got 68 pts....Driver B only won 5 races but got 94 points. Under the "new rule", Driver A will be WDC.
(however, WCC rules remains the same)

The purpose is to push ALL the drivers to "AIM FOR WIN", not settle for P5 or something like Hamilton needed in Brazil.

The concept is good but too extreme. What if a driver had won 7 races but only 6 left in the season...wat's the point to watch the rest of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
in case you missed it, they are putting it "on hold" until next year.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243173

for now....Supremo Bernia promises it'll be back in 2010.....
just like above said...its only the "medal system" in sheep's clothing....
      03-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep

Drives: E92 335i MT

ohh okay thanks for the explanation. I see where they are coming from but I don't think it's a good idea.

Appreciate 0