New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

05-03-2016, 10:04 PM   #441
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilg1993 View Post
Someones upset.

Be happy, man. Tampa had a huge comeback win against the Isles tonight, one that I think might just crush my team's collective soul. I'm the one who should be upset here...and I am. Fucking Josh Bailey, the Islanders first round (9th overall) draft pick back in 2008, who has been our worst forward for weeks and months and has not even come close to living up to his potential since being drafted, scored twice tonight, and was robbed of a hat trick on a terrific save by Bishop after Bailey juked the defender out of his skates, and the islanders still lost the game. I can't believe it. This guy has been a ghost all season and the night he actually shows up to play we lose. yes, I know that was a massive run on sentence

But seriously, Kyle Okposo left the guy way too much space to just walk down the boards towards the goal line, letting him feed the slot and they hammered it home to tie it up with 38 goddamn seconds left. 38 seconds. only John Tavares is allowed to score with the net empty in the final minute of the game to tie it up.

And then idk, Brian Boyle's OT goal was legit, but I just fucking hate Brian Boyle so much. he is just such a turd...and I'm salty because he pushed an islander player into his own goaltender in game 2, which in turn led to a penalty against the islanders (garbage call, btw), and then Tampa scored on the ensuing power play to go up by 2 goals and pretty much put the game out of reach. and he used to play for the Rangers. fuck the Rangers.

Overall, I thought the islanders played well tonight, but I'm just furious that they lost. whatever. we'll get em on Friday.

TLDR:
Isles played well, Tampa came back and scored in the final minute and then won in OT. Josh Bailey has been resurrected from the dead, but somehow we lose. Fuck Brian Boyle. I write run-on sentences when I'm angry. Fuck Brian Boyle.
Dude, I get it....no apologizes necessary.
      05-03-2016, 10:15 PM   #442
lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 E92 335is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Watched some of the Islanders-Lightning game yesterday. Tampa just had a big jump on the Isles...seems like Tampa was on a power play most of the time when it was 5 on 5. The Isles forecheck was basically non-existent..not going to get anywhere if your only play is dump and then wait for them to enter the O zone. Greiss looked pretty good--I only saw the goal with the big deflection.
yea, the Isles played like trash in game 2, no question about it. they didn't really deserve to win that game, but the refs called the game really, really tight for the playoffs. it was both ways too, but again, the goaltender interference call against the isles was shit. and that really put the game out of reach for them...well, made it a lot harder to comeback at least. way easier when only down by 1 goal, obvs.

another note about this Blues/Stars game (and all the Blues home games this postseason)...who else has noticed the huge rack on the blonde behind the visitors bench!? the cameramen take every chance they can get to put up a shot of the visiting coach walking around behind the bench with those cans hanging out in the background

'07 E93 335i 6AT, Platinum Bronze Metallic/Cream Beige [SOLD]

Last edited by lilg1993; 05-03-2016 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: Grammar Nazi, picture
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 11:23 PM   #443
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
yea, the Isles played like trash in game 2, no question about it. they didn't really deserve to win that game, but the refs called the game really, really tight for the playoffs. it was both ways too, but again, the goaltender interference call against the isles was shit. and that really put the game out of reach for them...well, made it a lot harder to comeback at least. way easier when only down by 1 goal, obvs.

another note about this Blues/Stars game (and all the Blues home games this postseason)...who else has noticed the huge rack on the blonde behind the visitors bench!? the cameramen take every chance they can get to put up a shot of the visiting coach walking around behind the bench with those cans hanging out in the background

Damn..I missed that..just tuned in...and after the Sharks and their lethargic loss..I'm watching the Warriors lose.....maybe not a good night here in the bay...at least a shot of the girl would make up for it.
      05-03-2016, 11:52 PM   #444
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:

That Boyle hit on HIckey was dirty....forearm/elbow right to the head. Surprised they didn't call that, then Boyle goes on to score. The league should take a look at that play
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 06:37 AM   #445
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep

Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Fack LePoontang. He's lucky he didn't get 20 games and an eleventy billion dollar fine for his decapitation attempt during the Rangers series. "It was an accident" my ass. Every time the camera pans over to him he's shaking his head at something. He should have the name on the back of his sweater changed to "who, me?"

The Penguins are a bunch of total whiners that have the entire NHL leadership in their back pocket. I'd love nothing more than to see Willy launch Cindy Crosby into the third tier of the Consol Center. F Crosby, F Letang, F the Penguins, F pierre mcguire, F that other Pennsylvania team, F the whole lot of them.

/rant
So like, the Penguins are maybe your SECOND or THIRD favorite team then? You seem to be on the fence about them a bit. Hehehe....
      05-04-2016, 06:41 AM   #446
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Someones upset.

Be happy, man. Tampa had a huge comeback win against the Isles tonight, one that I think might just crush my team's collective soul. I'm the one who should be upset here...and I am. Fucking Josh Bailey, the Islanders first round (9th overall) draft pick back in 2008, who has been our worst forward for weeks and months and has not even come close to living up to his potential since being drafted, scored twice tonight, and was robbed of a hat trick on a terrific save by Bishop after Bailey juked the defender out of his skates, and the islanders still lost the game. I can't believe it. This guy has been a ghost all season and the night he actually shows up to play we lose. yes, I know that was a massive run on sentence

But seriously, Kyle Okposo left the guy way too much space to just walk down the boards towards the goal line, letting him feed the slot and they hammered it home to tie it up with 38 goddamn seconds left. 38 seconds. only John Tavares is allowed to score with the net empty in the final minute of the game to tie it up.

And then idk, Brian Boyle's OT goal was legit, but I just fucking hate Brian Boyle so much. he is just such a turd...and I'm salty because he pushed an islander player into his own goaltender in game 2, which in turn led to a penalty against the islanders (garbage call, btw), and then Tampa scored on the ensuing power play to go up by 2 goals and pretty much put the game out of reach. and he used to play for the Rangers. fuck the Rangers.

Overall, I thought the islanders played well tonight, but I'm just furious that they lost. whatever. we'll get em on Friday.

TLDR:
Isles played well, Tampa came back and scored in the final minute and then won in OT. Josh Bailey has been resurrected from the dead, but somehow we lose. Fuck Brian Boyle. I write run-on sentences when I'm angry. Fuck Brian Boyle.
God the boom Thomas Hickey laid last night was nuts, https://streamable.com/ap98
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 09:10 AM   #447
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Awful effort by my Stars. The goalie situation could ruin them.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:56 AM   #448
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Awful effort by my Stars. The goalie situation could ruin them.
I didn't watch the game but looking at the stats, the Stars are playing in to the Blues game--getting outhit, out shot and losing faceoffs. Stars are offensive strong team and need to win face-offs and have more shots--this shows the Blues spent a lot of time in the O zone which does not play well for the Stars.
      05-04-2016, 01:46 PM   #449
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I didn't watch the game but looking at the stats, the Stars are playing in to the Blues game--getting outhit, out shot and losing faceoffs. Stars are offensive strong team and need to win face-offs and have more shots--this shows the Blues spent a lot of time in the O zone which does not play well for the Stars.
If they don't win game 4, they are done and will get a new goalie and probably 2 new defense men in the offseason.

They are missing their 1st or 2nd best offensive player and they really needed him last night.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2016, 01:52 PM   #450
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
If they don't win game 4, they are done and will get a new goalie and probably 2 new defense men in the offseason.

They are missing their 1st or 2nd best offensive player and they really needed him last night.
I agree. I'm still hoping the Stars pull it off...Assuming the Sharks get to third round I really want that re-match and am way more scared of the Blues.
      05-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #451
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Kinda funny when I brought up before the playoffs started, that the Stars have issues in goal and on defense, you told me I didn't know what I was talking about, and just kept saying "Stars bitch"
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #452
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
Kinda funny when I brought up before the playoffs started, that the Stars have issues in goal and on defense, you told me I didn't know what I was talking about, and just kept saying "Stars bitch"
bern.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 03:51 PM   #453
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I was wondering if you were going to bring this up.
      05-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #454
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was wondering if you were going to bring this up.
Couldn't help myself after he said the exact thing I said about the goaltending and defense, lol
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 04:33 PM   #455
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Couldn't help myself after he said the exact thing I said about the goaltending and defense, lol
Pretty much right? I had been saying as well that Dallas would have problems if they did not firm up the D and I had said while Niemi is good, I'm not sure about his consistency. Remember he was with the Sharks for several years.
As I said he won a cup with a very strong Blackhawks team..he was good enough with that team but with Dallas I'm not so sure. We still have a long ways to go really, but the Blues are a completely different animal than the Wild.
      05-04-2016, 04:50 PM   #456
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Stars, bitch.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #457
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Been watching them all year. It's not like I didn't know they had goaltending issues. Everyone knows that. Their offense can (and has) overcome a lot of those issues, including in the playoffs.

Plus, Kari has proven he can play well if they stick with him. He basically had 1 bad game and his defense didn't help him AT ALL last night.

The Stars offense is so potent, I still have hope. They are still not full strength on offense either, missing their 1st or 2nd best player.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #458
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Stars, bitch.
Stars have sub par goalies and D, bitch

Fixed that for ya
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 06:31 PM   #459
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Game 4 starts in 29 minutes, and my cable TV is out.

No bueno.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 06:32 PM   #460
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

The Stars offense is so potent, I still have hope. They are still not full strength on offense either, missing their 1st or 2nd best player.
Who are they missing, and why? injury?

Have only caught glimpses of the western series.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #461
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Who are they missing, and why? injury?

Have only caught glimpses of the western series.
Tyler Seguin from a jacked up achilles
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 07:54 PM   #462
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

I'd be happy if the Caps PP could actually result in a goal for once.

That'd be lovely.
Appreciate 0