Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-24-2019, 02:52 AM   #23
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
982
Rep
1,872
Posts

 
Drives: F80 CP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

was just in LA for a week

who knew radical democrat socialist policies would bring back that ol chestnut leprosy

a quick drive heading south from hollywood hills pretty much told me all i needed to know about LA - stick to the areas where virtue signalling leftist celebrities live behind their walls, gated communities and rent-a-cops, they are the nicest areas
__________________
F80 ZCP #itsoktobeAWonSS - ceramics, mpe, oe GTS hood, tractive suspension, eventuri, ps4s.....and a sunroof

Last edited by domino_z; 09-24-2019 at 03:01 AM..
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12337.50
Zugzwang1155.00

      09-25-2019, 06:43 PM   #24
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
7399
Rep
8,725
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I think the major issue here, is the Gov of CA asking the Federal Government, specifically Trump, for a handout to resolve a problem that is endemic to his state.

In a vacuum, this is already problematic, as the state of CA needs to resolve it's own problems without resorting to begging for tax dollars paid by other state citizens who have better managed resources.

To compound this issue, CA state government officials are well vocalized when it comes to heavily criticizing the current administration. One shouldn't be surprised when after years of calling someone a rapist, a murderer, a monster, and basically Hitler, that when they then ask that same person for some money, the person may be a bit hesitant.

Just like Trump can't bitch about the media after treating them so poorly, California can't bitch about not getting funding from the Trump administration after treating them so badly.
Yes, only blue states and those states that support Trump deserve any federal funding. Every single person in CA is anti-Trump, including infants and the thousands of Republicans and they all need to pay for their insolence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
What goes around comes around.
Exactly. That's what Jesus would have said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Carson is one of my idols - love that guy. California has had a hand in creating the mess they currently have - it is up to them to resolve it on their own. Refer to my previous posts in other threads regarding states rights.
Agreed, states have no rights to the federal aid their citizens helped fund through federal income tax. Businesses like GM, AIG, Bear Stearns, Freddie Mac, and Fannie Mae however do not apply.
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 1
minn195904.00

      09-25-2019, 06:50 PM   #25
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
7399
Rep
8,725
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Agree 100%. California needs to have its food withheld, so it starves its way back to reality. If Californians want to help the disadvantaged they're completely free to do so voluntarily with their own money, just like many of us already do in our own hometowns. The federal government shouldn't be a charity, in California or anywhere else.
"The total amount the federal government collected from each state in the 2017 fiscal year ranged from $5.6 billion from Vermont to $435.6 billion from California. The majority of states – including Vermont and California – ultimately get more money back than they contribute. "

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ment/39202299/

"35. Minnesota
• Net federal funding: $959 per resident
• Total revenue from fed. gov.: $64.4 billion (22nd most)
• SNAP benefit recipiency: 7.8 percent (7th lowest)
• Median household income: $68,388 (12th highest)"

"40. California
• Net federal funding: $12 per resident
• Total revenue from fed. gov.: $436.1 billion (the most)
• SNAP benefit recipiency: 8.9 percent (tied - 12th lowest)
• Median household income: $71,805 (8th highest)"

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/2...-surprise-you/

"California remained the nation’s leading state in cash farm receipts in 2015 and produced 13 percent of the U.S. total. Nearly 27 percent of California’s 77,500 farms generated sales over $100,000, greater than the national average of 20 percent."



But fuck those liberal assholes in California amiright?
__________________
2018 F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic
2019 I01 i3 BEV - Giga World
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 1
minn195904.00

      09-25-2019, 08:24 PM   #26
pennsiveguy
First Lieutenant
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
614
Rep
342
Posts

 
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
"The total amount the federal government collected from each state in the 2017 fiscal year ranged from $5.6 billion from Vermont to $435.6 billion from California. The majority of states – including Vermont and California – ultimately get more money back than they contribute. "

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ment/39202299/

"35. Minnesota
• Net federal funding: $959 per resident
• Total revenue from fed. gov.: $64.4 billion (22nd most)
• SNAP benefit recipiency: 7.8 percent (7th lowest)
• Median household income: $68,388 (12th highest)"

"40. California
• Net federal funding: $12 per resident
• Total revenue from fed. gov.: $436.1 billion (the most)
• SNAP benefit recipiency: 8.9 percent (tied - 12th lowest)
• Median household income: $71,805 (8th highest)"

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/2...-surprise-you/

"California remained the nation’s leading state in cash farm receipts in 2015 and produced 13 percent of the U.S. total. Nearly 27 percent of California’s 77,500 farms generated sales over $100,000, greater than the national average of 20 percent."



But fuck those liberal assholes in California amiright?
I try to be open-minded so I'm interested in seeing the data behind this. Both those sites are behind paywalls, though. Are there some links to some independent source data, so I can see for myself without someone "interpreting" the data for me, and without getting spammed? I want to form my opinions based on facts.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 08:31 PM   #27
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5904
Rep
6,502
Posts

 
Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I try to be open-minded so I'm interested in seeing the data behind this. Both those sites are behind paywalls, though. Are there some links to some independent source data, so I can see for myself without someone "interpreting" the data for me, and without getting spammed? I want to form my opinions based on facts.
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but here are a couple of links.

https://taxfoundation.org/federal-ai...ance-rankings/

https://taxfoundation.org/federal-ai...ance-rankings/

There is also a good Forbes article on the subject I can't find. Most of the data/links are the same. A lot of red states cost the feral government much more than California does when it is all added up.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #28
pennsiveguy
First Lieutenant
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
614
Rep
342
Posts

 
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
But fuck those liberal assholes in California amiright?
I figured out the federal tax revenue side of it for myself. If you sort the 2015 revenue table by GSP (Gross State Product) per capita, Minnesota is #3. California is #16. So how is it, exactly, that you figure you're getting fucked with less/worse lube than I am?
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT

Last edited by pennsiveguy; 09-25-2019 at 08:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 08:48 PM   #29
pennsiveguy
First Lieutenant
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
614
Rep
342
Posts

 
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
...the feral government...
Made my evening. Cheers!
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 2
minn195904.00
UncleWede8122.00

      09-25-2019, 09:18 PM   #30
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5904
Rep
6,502
Posts

 
Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Made my evening. Cheers!
That is a funny faux paux.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12337.50

      09-30-2019, 06:59 PM   #31
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
3452
Rep
3,698
Posts

 
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB RR
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

Sanctuary City? Sure; why not? We dont have any solutions for our current citizens and residents but we're willing to take in more people!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...rsonal-finance
Appreciate 1
Zugzwang1155.00

      10-02-2019, 09:07 AM   #32
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
2315
Rep
1,230
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Sanctuary City? Sure; why not? We dont have any solutions for our current citizens and residents but we're willing to take in more people!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...rsonal-finance
Kind of off topic and probably belongs in another thread but I'm too busy to see where it belongs. Did you see the VA Police officer that got suspended for notifying ICE of a person with an ICE warrant he stopped for a traffic violation. WTF? So now police get in trouble for doing their jobs?
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 09:21 AM   #33
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
5726
Rep
2,555
Posts

 
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Kind of off topic and probably belongs in another thread but I'm too busy to see where it belongs. Did you see the VA Police officer that got suspended for notifying ICE of a person with an ICE warrant he stopped for a traffic violation. WTF? So now police get in trouble for doing their jobs?
Yes. That's how it's been in Seattle for a few years now. Sprawling homeless camps, blatant drug use in public, derelict RVs parked illegally with no registration or license plates for months. It's anarchy up here. Cops in Seattle get in trouble if they happen across someone on the street corner shooting up and arrest him. Instead they are supposed to watch over him to make sure he doesnt OD and be there at the ready to supply Narcan in case he does. Once he drops out into a cozy warm drug induced nap they can tuck him into his cardboard box and be on their way.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 09:38 AM   #34
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
2315
Rep
1,230
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Yes. That's how it's been in Seattle for a few years now. Sprawling homeless camps, blatant drug use in public, derelict RVs parked illegally with no registration or license plates for months. It's anarchy up here. Cops in Seattle get in trouble if they happen across someone on the street corner shooting up and arrest him. Instead they are supposed to watch over him to make sure he doesnt OD and be there at the ready to supply Narcan in case he does. Once he drops out into a cozy warm drug induced nap they can tuck him into his cardboard box and be on their way.
It's a really sad state of affairs. And now in beautiful NYC, I can't say illegal alien for fear of a fine .......This PC bullshit is out of hand.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 1
iconoclast3452.00

      10-02-2019, 12:39 PM   #35
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
8122
Rep
7,533
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Yes. That's how it's been in Seattle for a few years now. Sprawling homeless camps, blatant drug use in public, derelict RVs parked illegally with no registration or license plates for months. It's anarchy up here. Cops in Seattle get in trouble if they happen across someone on the street corner shooting up and arrest him. Instead they are supposed to watch over him to make sure he doesnt OD and be there at the ready to supply Narcan in case he does. Once he drops out into a cozy warm drug induced nap they can tuck him into his cardboard box and be on their way.
They should be pro-active and just give them the Narcan right away
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 12:40 PM   #36
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
3452
Rep
3,698
Posts

 
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB RR
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

cracker and any insulting or derogatory reference to "white" people is fair game so there is still that. rejoice.
Appreciate 2
Torgus2020.50
lakefront193.00

      10-02-2019, 09:27 PM   #37
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
3452
Rep
3,698
Posts

 
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB RR
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Kind of off topic and probably belongs in another thread but I'm too busy to see where it belongs. Did you see the VA Police officer that got suspended for notifying ICE of a person with an ICE warrant he stopped for a traffic violation. WTF? So now police get in trouble for doing their jobs?
I thought it was in line with the topic since the title is "Mr. Trump to apply EPA regulations to California cities regarding human waste ". The human waste is coming from homeless people.

I did not see the VA story but I believe it.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST