Sign out
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

11-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #133
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Well, it looks like it is probably a lock for Desantis. Still waiting on the final certifications, but it seems pretty solid. Looks like recounts are still being finalized for Scott.

On an interesting side note, the GA governor race is nearly wrapped up with Kemp looking like he is the winner there. Thought this was a funny flashback for good old Hillary Clinton. Certainly no hypocrisy here, eh?

2016 - Hillary Clinton:

“We are a country based on laws and we’ve had hot, contested elections going back to the very beginning, but one of our hallmarks has always been that we accept the outcomes of our elections. I worry that candidate Donald Trump will accept the results of the elections, and that is simply unacceptable!”

2018 - Hillary Clinton:

“If she had a fair election, she already would have won. If Stacey Abrams doesn’t win in Georgia, they stole it. It's clear, and we should not accept these results!"

This just in - Hillary Clinton is, apparently, a horrible person. News at 11.

Appreciate 3
Delta03115713.00
MKSixer9952.50

11-16-2018, 11:02 AM   #134
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
This just in - Hillary Clinton is, apparently, a horrible person. News at 11.

LOL - she really is. I'm not saying Trump is any better, but good grief - can we maybe get a few better options come 2020, please?
scostu840.50
Law4037.50

11-16-2018, 11:35 AM   #135
detroitm2
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
LOL - she really is. I'm not saying Trump is any better, but good grief - can we maybe get a few better options come 2020, please?
Agreed. While I don't have a deep-seeded hatred for Trump like some, he has his moments. But I believe as a whole he's doing a decent job, regardless of his history.

Hopefully 2020 will bring someone along that can have results, AND not be someone the world hates.

Its funny, because people blame him for "Dividing the nation." I dont think that was his doing, at least not directly. He comes across as extremely arrogant, and that doesn't sit well with some. But I think a lot of the division comes from outside forces influencing the media/general public into false narratives to undermine the sitting president. Whether this is the Democrats, Russians, Chinese, etc, I don't know. But it certainly feels like someone is pulling the strings on all this division.

Back to the topic at hand, What the fuck Florida?
Appreciate 3
Eriphill420.50
arkie6164.00

11-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #136
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlof View Post
Agreed. While I don't have a deep-seeded hatred for Trump like some, he has his moments. But I believe as a whole he's doing a decent job, regardless of his history.

Hopefully 2020 will bring someone along that can have results, AND not be someone the world hates.

Its funny, because people blame him for "Dividing the nation." I dont think that was his doing, at least not directly. He comes across as extremely arrogant, and that doesn't sit well with some. But I think a lot of the division comes from outside forces influencing the media/general public into false narratives to undermine the sitting president. Whether this is the Democrats, Russians, Chinese, etc, I don't know. But it certainly feels like someone is pulling the strings on all this division.

Back to the topic at hand, What the fuck Florida?

I agree with nearly your entire post. Overall, I am happy with most of what he and/or the current house & senate have done so far. I just wish he wasn't such an asshole.

But yes, Trump is not the cause of a divided nation, he is the result. I wish more people would see that.

11-16-2018, 11:49 AM   #137
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
I agree with nearly your entire post. Overall, I am happy with most of what he and/or the current house & senate have done so far. I just wish he wasn't such an asshole.

But yes, Trump is not the cause of a divided nation, he is the result. I wish more people would see that.

I would agree that he is a symptom, not the disease - but, I would also add that he has been part of the problem more than he has been part of the solution.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #138
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: M235i

Quote:

Our lovely politicians have been planting the seeds of division, including fear and hatred, for the past decade. Right or wrong, all Trump did was take advantage of it.

At the moment, I am not very proud of our country. I'm speaking as an Army combat veteran.

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #139
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
I would agree that he is a symptom, not the disease - but, I would also add that he has been part of the problem more than he has been part of the solution.
Well - I would certainly agree with that. But again, that is what the people want - it really does appear that many just want someone with a big stick on their side to poke the other side.

One has to admit - he campaigned exactly how he has governed. There was no surprise, it was obvious that he was going to be what he has been, and the people still voted for it.

The problem we have now, is that so many are so polarized that they don't want someone who will work in a bipartisan nature or attempt to placate and make nice with the other side. So many have determined that the first side to give in to any of the demands of the other side will lose. So the divisiveness continues.

11-16-2018, 01:34 PM   #140
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
UPDATE:

A day after Florida's election left top state races too close to call, a Democratic party leader directed staffers and volunteers to share altered election forms with voters to fix signature problems on absentee ballots after the state's deadline.

The altered forms surfaced in Broward, Santa Rosa, Citrus and Okaloosa counties and were reported to federal prosecutors to review for possible election fraud as Florida counties completed a required recount in three top races. But an email obtained by the USA TODAY NETWORK - Florida shows that Florida Democrats were organizing a broader statewide effort beyond those counties to give voters the altered forms to fix improper absentee ballots after the Nov. 5 deadline.

Democratic party leaders provided staffers with copies of a form, known as a "cure affidavit," that had been modified to include an inaccurate Nov. 8 deadline. One Palm Beach Democratic activist said in an interview the idea was to have voters fix and submit as many absentee ballots as possible with the altered forms in hopes of later including them in vote totals if a judge ruled such ballots were allowed.

Source; Naples, FL Newspaper:

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/new...ts/2009178002/

11-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #141
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
UPDATE:

A day after Florida's election left top state races too close to call, a Democratic party leader directed staffers and volunteers to share altered election forms with voters to fix signature problems on absentee ballots after the state's deadline.

The altered forms surfaced in Broward, Santa Rosa, Citrus and Okaloosa counties and were reported to federal prosecutors to review for possible election fraud as Florida counties completed a required recount in three top races. But an email obtained by the USA TODAY NETWORK - Florida shows that Florida Democrats were organizing a broader statewide effort beyond those counties to give voters the altered forms to fix improper absentee ballots after the Nov. 5 deadline.

Democratic party leaders provided staffers with copies of a form, known as a "cure affidavit," that had been modified to include an inaccurate Nov. 8 deadline. One Palm Beach Democratic activist said in an interview the idea was to have voters fix and submit as many absentee ballots as possible with the altered forms in hopes of later including them in vote totals if a judge ruled such ballots were allowed.

Source; Naples, FL Newspaper:

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/new...ts/2009178002/
Yeah it's effing disgusting - and same people get upset when they are accused of trying to steal the election. Snipes is a problem but only part of the problem. Issues are far more widespread than her.

This count / recount process needs to end ASAP. I have no doubt there are already votes counted that were "adjusted" with no controls whatsoever. DeSantis and the legislature better make it a priority to tighten election controls, including getting rid of Snipes and others like her.
Run Silent6130.50

11-16-2018, 06:02 PM   #142
NickyC
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Crooked Brenda Snipes at it again. Looks like she intentionally delayed the recount deadline by 2 minutes (thus invalidating it). Shockingly, that recount would have shown Scott picking up 779 votes.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bro...e-by-2-minutes
Appreciate 1
RickFLM43208.50

11-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #143
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Crooked Brenda Snipes at it again. Looks like she intentionally delayed the recount deadline by 2 minutes (thus invalidating it). Shockingly, that recount would have shown Scott picking up 779 votes.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bro...e-by-2-minutes
Exactly as I speculated back in post 131.
Run Silent6130.50
NickyC3372.50

11-17-2018, 07:42 AM   #144
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Almost over:

Bill Nelson's recount comeback hopes slip from slim to 'virtually impossible' https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...221776800.html
Run Silent6130.50

11-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #145
scostu
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 F25

Hahahhahahahh

Broward counts the wrong ballots as Florida races to finish manual recount ahead of Sunday deadline

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bro...unday-deadline

Retired:2014 F31, 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T,
2013 Jeep WK2..Hemi, 2011 E90, 2008 E70, 2004 E46
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #146
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Nancy, Nancy? Oh sorry, I thought you were Nancy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 06:21 PM   #147
scostu
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 F25

ooohhhhh...... good grief!!!

Broward election boss says racism may be behind clamor against her

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bro...or-against-her

Retired:2014 F31, 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T,
2013 Jeep WK2..Hemi, 2011 E90, 2008 E70, 2004 E46
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #148
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

^
Surely you aren't surprised.

Bush appoints her.
Scott keeps her.
Citizens protests her continued ineptitude.
RACISTS!!!
Straight out of the blue playbook.

And yet another golden moment for Brenda:
2,040 ballots are now missing.
She said...
"I know they are in the building"

Straight out of a bad comic book.

11-18-2018, 09:35 AM   #149
NormanConquest
Major
Rep

Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Hahahhahahahh

Broward counts the wrong ballots as Florida races to finish manual recount ahead of Sunday deadline

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bro...unday-deadline
I swear my work desk after a bibilical flood, cause by a meteor hitting a volcano that eruption resulted in an earthquake is more freaking organize then Broward county clerks office.
Appreciate 2
Delta03115713.00
scostu840.50

11-18-2018, 09:39 AM   #150
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Bush appointed her when he removed her predecessor, but then she was re-elected numerous times I believe. Scott should have removed her for her past performance but it isn’t an appointed position he decided to retain. Her claims of racism did not start yesterday...

I’ve read that Gillum supporters are also claiming race contributed to his loss, pointing out that Nelson’s race for Senate was closer than his race for governor. I’m sure Nelson’s status as incumbent, some people’s opposition to Rick Scott and, most of all, Gillum’s extreme agenda and appearance of corruption, had nothing to do with his loss. Quite frankly, it’s concerning Gillum came as close to winning as he did.
scostu840.50

11-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #151
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

Well, you still have this unfortunate view coming from many that comment on racism quite often:

“I voted for Barack because he was black. ’Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,” the actor recently told Ebony magazine via Page Six. “That’s American politics, pure and simple. [Obama’s] message didn’t mean [bleep] to me."
Samuel L. Jackson.

I doubt 20% of the voters for Gillum knew squat about his past or agenda.

Ugh.
RickFLM43208.50

11-18-2018, 12:08 PM   #152
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Well, you still have this unfortunate view coming from many that comment on racism quite often:

“I voted for Barack because he was black. ’Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,” the actor recently told Ebony magazine via Page Six. “That’s American politics, pure and simple. [Obama’s] message didn’t mean [bleep] to me."
Samuel L. Jackson.

I doubt 20% of the voters for Gillum knew squat about his past or agenda.

Ugh.
Yeah but those who voted against him / for DeSantis knew Gillum was radical and potentially corrupt and that’s why he couldn’t get their votes. I’m sure there are still some white people who would not vote for him based on the color of his skin, but I’d bet there are far more who would vote for him based on Samuel L. Jackson’s logic, negating racism as a reason he lost.

I’m not completely sold on DeSantis but no effing way I was going to vote for someone who campaigned on Gillum’s platform and that has nothing to do with the color of his skin. I think Democrats would have had a better chance with moderates if they nominated Graham, but then they may not have had all those Samuel L. Jackson / extreme progressive voters show up to vote.
      12-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #153
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Update. Snipes changed her mind and is no longer willing to resign. Shocker!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna942641
________2119.00