New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-16-2022, 05:25 PM   #45
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Really, no science? At all? You can disprove the theories, I’d like to see that. But we digress from the OP’s question. The fact is I can’t prove it and I assume that either you have a PhD in astrophysics and can disapprove the theory or it is something you just don’t understand so there is no proof and no one can explain it. Kind of like why would anyone stay in a hotel… ��
Appreciate 1
Esteban43382.50
      10-16-2022, 06:34 PM   #46
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
Before you were born; there was nothing

After you were born; there was life

Life has no meaning, only what you make of it yourself

Reproducing is the way to preserve the mankind species

After your death; there is nothing

And if I`m wrong afterwards, I can not tell you about it.
if life has no meaning, then any meaning the individual ascribe to it would also be meaningless...........and then even your very statement of it having no meaning would be meaningless.

If life is meaningless, then God/ Nature or whatever it is that produced the capacity for reproduction wouldnt allow for reproduction. Why preserve that which is meaningless?
the capacity for mankind, or life to reproduce itself is evidence enough that life has PURPOSE........
Appreciate 2
hubbahubba8797.00
Bingham276.00
      10-16-2022, 06:39 PM   #47
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I like space and all that stuff so I listen and watch a lot of space and physics stuff. Everyone I've heard speak about the Big Bang make no real claims about what happened or what was before the Big Bang. In fact they have theories etc up to right after the "bang". Before that I think it's pretty well agreed we just don't know.

However no matter what explanation you want to go with, ultimately, it all goes back to something from nothing. If god exists where did god come from? If there is no god where did everything come from? If it's all a simulation where did the simulators come from?

There is no satisfying answer IMO. The Big Bang is just trying to explain what we currently observe. If everything is expanding and moving away from each other, physics would say it must have all expanded from some point in the past, hence the Big Bang.
One must believe that God IS.................
there is A LOT more than we understand, or will ever be able to understand in this present existence.
there is a Spiritual realm, and it is MORE REAL than the physical. it brought the Physical into existence, continues to sustain it and we struggle with answers because we deny the existence of the Spiritual. seek answers in the Natural when for life, the universe and ever matter to exist, they MUST have come about by SUPERNATURAL MEANS
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 06:47 PM   #48
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
I am not a believer. IMO, we humans have in our minds, created "gods" to explain things we did not understand. Earlier humans worshipped gods of fire etc and the moon and sun were gods. As science has advanced, we no longer need "gods" to explain what the sun, moon and fire are but there is a great big universe out there full of things we still don't understand. Doesn't mean we won't someone day...
YOUR ARGUMENT IS FOOLISH AND WEAK.

there are things just as real and more real than the "sun, moon, fire"

like justice, like aesthetics, like music, like consciousness......

study history, and ancient religions. The Sun and moon were NOT Gods in themselves, but REPRESENTATIONS, AND MANIFESTATIONS of the Gods

there are tons of things that science cannot account for and cannot address.
Can you give me a scientific explanation for Beauty, for Justice?
can you use science to explain artistic abilities, or Music?
no you cant.........................can science account form racism, hatred, evil?
it does not,.

take for example that science needs MATH to be able to function. Math needs NUMBERS.............numbers are NOT real, but human constructs, representing concepts we have developed

you might want to look into pythagoreanism
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 07:00 PM   #49
H2O_Doc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C, GLB-250, C7 Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
Quote:
I am not a believer. IMO, we humans have in our minds, created "gods" to explain things we did not understand. Earlier humans worshipped gods of fire etc and the moon and sun were gods. As science has advanced, we no longer need "gods" to explain what the sun, moon and fire are but there is a great big universe out there full of things we still don't understand. Doesn't mean we won't someone day...

study history, and ancient religions. The Sun and moon were NOT Gods in themselves, but REPRESENTATIONS, AND MANIFESTATIONS of the Gods

no you cant.........................can science account form racism, hatred, evil?
it does not,.

take for example that science needs MATH to be able to function. Math needs NUMBERS.............numbers are NOT real, but human constructs, representing concepts we have developed

We have hypotheses on many of these things and can actually look at how the brain lights up when we see beauty or injustice etc. And humans aren't the only species with ideas about justice
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 07:06 PM   #50
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 24'G05 X5 50e

Garage List
My Death might be the best part of My life. Proud atheist at least of known gods in literature.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 07:11 PM   #51
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
We have hypotheses on many of these things and can actually look at how the brain lights up when we see beauty or injustice etc. And humans aren't the only species with ideas about justice
science is concerned with how...............so you can observe the brain light up,
but the question is WHY it lights up at all............

Why do we die and not live forever?
give me a scientific explanation as to why we die?
why are we MORTAL and not IMMORTAL
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 07:15 PM   #52
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo View Post
My Death might be the best part of My life. Proud atheist at least of known gods in literature.
There isnt anything about atheism to be proud about.
We all die, both the wise man and the fool

Atheism doent overcome aging, sickness, sorrow and death.....
it is arrogance in the midst of ignorance, because it claims certainty about something that you cannot possibly be certain about.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 07:22 PM   #53
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Your religious beliefs are yours alone. Others have their beliefs and I think your last post has shown your views and that you are not willing to accept others views.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 08:22 PM   #54
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:

it does not,.

Did you not read that mod thread expressing the need to RESPECT others? All views are welcome, even yours, but, chill. The guy wasn't even rude at all so not sure why you gotta go on the attack like that.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 09:26 PM   #55
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M235i

If souls are energy/matter and matter is neither created nor destroyed, then in theory we are all reincarnated over and over. I believe in reincarnation. There’s a book I have read a few times titled “Many Lives, Many Masters.” It explains things pretty well and is a quick read.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2022, 10:25 PM   #56
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Did you not read that mod thread expressing the need to RESPECT others? All views are welcome, even yours, but, chill. The guy wasn't even rude at all so not sure why you gotta go on the attack like that.
i didnt disrespect hikm in any way whatsoever.
i said HIS ARGUMENT was foolish and weak, not HIM the person
now, i outlined why i stated that, so i don't see what's your issue..

why don't you let him speak for himself?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 10:28 PM   #57
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Your religious beliefs are yours alone. Others have their beliefs and I think your last post has shown your views and that you are not willing to accept others views.
we are not dealing with religious beliefs, we are dealing with a question of what is the Nature of reality. those are two different things

accepting the views of a person doesn't mean i have to agree with it.
I think people are free to believe whatever they want. but I'm also free to disagree (with good reasons) as to positions I think are either incorrect or illogical
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 10:28 PM   #58
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 10:29 PM   #59
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 10:37 PM   #60
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
i didnt disrespect hikm in any way whatsoever.
i said HIS ARGUMENT was foolish and weak, not HIM the person
now, i outlined why i stated that, so i don't see what's your issue..

why don't you let him speak for himself?
He definitely doesn't need me or anyone else to defend him. However, it's my thread and I don't like the tone you're using (lest it becomes contagious), especially when you ought to know to use a more civil one.

It's foolish to get emotional over an earnest attempt to discuss this complex topic, and doubly ridiculous to claim to have all the answers and knock everyone else who disagrees with you.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
Tyga113232.00
      10-16-2022, 10:38 PM   #61
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post

Secondly how do you know which of all the gods is the true god? They all have different rules, so which rules do you follow? If you believe you just need to be a good person in general then I already abide by that, no god or afterlife promise needed.
Simple. The true living God sent His Son to die for us, all the false gods send your sons to die for them.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 10:54 PM   #62
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Interesting developments to my thread.
As for all this talk about the Big Bang Theory, well, there's nothing to *disprove*, right? It is just a theory, not a law, say, the law of gravity.
That's not how laws & theories work. My understanding is they are used to describe different things. A theory doesn't become a law. A law can predict what will happen while a theory will try to explain why it happens. One is not anymore "legit" than the other.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2022, 11:04 PM   #63
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 11:15 PM   #64
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

according to the big bang theory, the big bang created something from nothing. doesn't say how or who. just by itself. something like in the beginning there was nothing and then something did something and bang everything was there. this is science.

https://futurism.com/proof-that-the-...e-from-nothing
Appreciate 1
nazali1299.00
      10-16-2022, 11:32 PM   #65
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

https://www.closertotruth.com/series...-consciousness
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 07:11 AM   #66
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

wait... the universe got created out of nothing ? and that's science and people cling to science though there is no clear 100% proof (albeit it's a theory)

yet people say I'm deluded that I believe some mythical being created the earth and the heavens in 7 days.

Seems to me both parties have faith in something unseen, unknown and un proven. would it be ok for me to call people deluded ? no I don't think so, but I can be because the believe in science ? Interesting world we live in.

just for the record
I believe in science and my bible (yes you can believe in both) I also belive in RFT's and BMW oil. LGM are not from mar's more likely Beta Reticuli, warp drive and transporter technology is already here and aliens are just priming us for when they are uncovered officially (were not a warp capable species yet)

If the devil exists then so does God, if evil exists then so does Oprah Winfrey.

word to your mummy ! we out

Quote:
Originally Posted by G99M5 View Post
according to the big bang theory, the big bang created something from nothing. doesn't say how or who. just by itself. something like in the beginning there was nothing and then something did something and bang everything was there. this is science.

https://futurism.com/proof-that-the-...e-from-nothing
Appreciate 1