New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #8889
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep

Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
whoa whoa whoa

What's happening in here? Let's all just get back to laughing at my friendship/dating woes.
Probably remnants of Sunday's full moon when arseholes come out of the wood work.
I know arseholes. I deal with them medically and psychologically on a daily basis. he he he... You're right, lets not forget why we are here.
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      04-13-2021, 11:58 AM   #8890
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
whoa whoa whoa

What's happening in here? Let's all just get back to laughing at my friendship/dating woes.
Oh we are, we are, trust me. We just took a small tangent to modify some poor behaviour and we're almost right back on track for your next episode.

But it would be nice to hear from some other dating woefuls too. I'm married, but I'm positive my wife could share a number of woes she's experienced while married / shackled to me. Actually, I even probably remember a few that I haven't successfully buried yet in my deep subconscious.
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2021, 12:02 PM   #8891
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I have to say, I'm amazed at the quality, or should I say lack thereof of potential candidates in down there. I'm sorry. I will say that most men act like this because it works for them. I'm not saying it's you or your friends, but everything in a persons personality is based off conditioning. If a guy wants to get laid, and he does XYZ, then gets laid; he now thinks this is an acceptable from of behavior in order to get laid. Doesn't mean that it's acceptable, it's just science.

Oh come on. I'm not being mean to you today, I'm just matter of fact. No need to be mad.
I'm just messing with you.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      04-13-2021, 12:04 PM   #8892
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Oh we are, we are, trust me. We just took a small tangent to modify some poor behaviour and we're almost right back on track for your next episode.

But it would be nice to hear from some other dating woefuls too. I'm married, but I'm positive my wife could share a number of woes she's experienced while married / shackled to me. Actually, I even probably remember a few that I haven't successfully buried yet in my deep subconscious.
I'll stand down for a while and see if this thread doesn't die, too. lol

In all seriousness no dates/guy friend hot tub dates planned for a bit. Just girlfriends on my agenda this weekend. Though we are getting all dolled up and hitting two bars. So who knows what this weekend's adventure will bring.
Appreciate 2
Buug95916835.00
M5Rick58879.50
      04-13-2021, 12:20 PM   #8893
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Sunday was two days ago. I'm an asshole year round, the difference is what level of asshole a person gets, depends on them. The full moon only makes me frisky(er).

Quote:
You know how there are some people who are single for a very obvious reason, and it has everything to do with their personality rather than their looks, confidence, etc? The ones who put other people down to try to build themselves up? And then claim the reason they are single is because they have "life goals" they want to accomplish rather than doing some deep self introspection? Yeah...

Basically just have to ignore them because you aren't going to change them.

On a totally different note, I'm pretty stuck on what I should do when my lease is up in November. I don't think I'm going to buyout the S6, but was coming home from the office around midnight last night and did a launch start to bring a smile to my face and I realize I might just miss this car if I give it back.

In the back of my mind, I'm considering trying to find a short term lease on a VW Golf R in stick for a year or two until the cars I'm interested in become readily available. Any experience on the R?
As a child, I'm sure that some point you noticed ants marching. Busy, industrial little bastards. Always moving, searching for food and whatnot. Did you ever just put stuff in their path to see how they would progress from that point? Even as small child, I tried to simplify the life of an ant, by showing it a better path that it couldn't see for itself. I'm sure those ants thought I was an asshole for interrupting their pathway of......"antery"? I didn't change the ants, still did not deter me from showing them a better way, whether they accepted it or not....I have no doubts they thought I was a monster disrupting their "life goals."

I know nothing of VW's, but a manual Golf R sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in the same boat. Had been looking, as you know, to help the girlfriend. In doing so, I've become quote fond of the C300. The plant manager rolled up in one yesterday. Mixed reactions. Frustrating because he keeps buying (ahem, cough renting) the cars that I want, keeps them for 3 months and turns them in. It's for the best that he got a C300. The more I see it in person, the more I dislike it. LOVE the interior though.

Side note: the girlfriend just sent me a link to a Jag XE 20d for her. This is after me talking her out of the A4. Yes she can afford the cars that she is looking at, but I'm trying to get her to understand the cost of ownership.

Last edited by King Rudi; 04-13-2021 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15561.50
      04-13-2021, 12:30 PM   #8894
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
A few years ago a group of friends and I were out having a couple of drinks. It was a well mixed group with some couples but mostly just friends, both male and female. The conversation came around to this very subject and after some discussion one of the ladies said something that pretty much ended the debate. She said that when it comes to going out and looking to "hook up" a man goes out hoping to get lucky while a woman decides before she goes out whether she will get lucky or not. There was general agreement that what she said was absolutely true. I doubt things have changed very much in that regard. LadyJane's comment seems to support this idea as well.
Now this is worthy.

You sir, win The Internet Today. Congratulations!!
As a female friend of mine said, men get lucky, women make choices. Now those two can and often do intersect but the gestalt is completely different.

Great post!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 5
Buug95916835.00
King Rudi13152.00
Lady Jane68873.00
      04-13-2021, 12:45 PM   #8895
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:

I don't recall calling you "psychotic" but I wouldn't put it past you to boil a bunny rabbit.
I really needed a laugh today and this just made me lose my shit, thanks for that:
Appreciate 12
MKSixer34171.50
Tommy-G4467.00
cmyx6go15561.50
UncleWede17872.50
King Rudi13152.00
Buug95916835.00
M5Rick58879.50
Joekerr7926.00
Lady Jane68873.00
      04-13-2021, 02:37 PM   #8896
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Sunday was two days ago. I'm an asshole year round, the difference is what level of asshole a person gets, depends on them. The full moon only makes me frisky(er).

As a child, I'm sure that some point you noticed ants marching. Busy, industrial little bastards. Always moving, searching for food and whatnot. Did you ever just put stuff in their path to see how they would progress from that point? Even as small child, I tried to simplify the life of an ant, by showing it a better path that it couldn't see for itself. I'm sure those ants thought I was an asshole for interrupting their pathway of......"antery"? I didn't change the ants, still did not deter me from showing them a better way, whether they accepted it or not....I have no doubts they thought I was a monster disrupting their "life goals."

I know nothing of VW's, but a manual Golf R sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in the same boat. Had been looking, as you know, to help the girlfriend. In doing so, I've become quote fond of the C300. The plant manager rolled up in one yesterday. Mixed reactions. Frustrating because he keeps buying (ahem, cough renting) the cars that I want, keeps them for 3 months and turns them in. It's for the best that he got a C300. The more I see it in person, the more I dislike it. LOVE the interior though.

Side note: the girlfriend just sent me a link to a Jag XE 20d for her. This is after me talking her out of the A4. Yes she can afford the cars that she is looking at, but I'm trying to get her to understand the cost of ownership.
Ohhh...I wouldn't touch Jaguar. Any JLR products for that matter. We had a Land Rover LR2 that we leased...and I knew about this before we leased, but my personal experience bore it out too...while nice, every JLR product that leaves the factory seems to come equipped with its own complimentary gremlins - they specifically seem to hide in the electrical components.

Nice cars...for leasing. When you can give it back. I still really like them...I just don't think I ever want to own one out of warranty.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      04-13-2021, 03:56 PM   #8897
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Ok, but his point was to say women can get any date arranged quicker and easier than guys, not when being selective. If the only objective is to go on a date, it is easier for women than men to get that arranged.

Also - this doesn't really have much to do with looks. I'm a tall, well-built guy with great hair at almost half his age, yet I'm envious of Rudi's ability to pull. It just comes more naturally to him I guess :
Sorry I skipped right over your post without responding:

Not being selective? Then what's the point?

I'm not wasting my time or my makeup on just any guy. Of course I'm going to be selective of who I waste good lipstick on. It takes a good minute for me to get ready, do my hair, my make up, pick out an outfit. There's no way in hell I'm doing that for just anyone. "Just to go on a date" is not worth my time and I certainly hope all women think like this. I'm perfectly content sitting alone at the barn on the back of my horse or at home playing with playdoh with my kid.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      04-13-2021, 06:05 PM   #8898
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Ohhh...I wouldn't touch Jaguar. Any JLR products for that matter. We had a Land Rover LR2 that we leased...and I knew about this before we leased, but my personal experience bore it out too...while nice, every JLR product that leaves the factory seems to come equipped with its own complimentary gremlins - they specifically seem to hide in the electrical components.

Nice cars...for leasing. When you can give it back. I still really like them...I just don't think I ever want to own one out of warranty.
Agreed, and I even have a good friend who works for them!

Meanwhile my partner's 2009 118d is on its 3rd recall in our 3 year ownership, all for electrical components
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 01:40 PM   #8899
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Had he not screwed it up by opening his mouth. Men guilty of this....raise your hands gentlemen.....🙋*♂️
Don't have enough hands for that one...
Appreciate 2
      04-14-2021, 01:47 PM   #8900
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
I always have a pickle up my ass
If it's a Turkish Pickle that would explain a lot.
Appreciate 3
      04-14-2021, 02:05 PM   #8901
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Sorry I skipped right over your post without responding:

Not being selective? Then what's the point?

I'm not wasting my time or my makeup on just any guy. Of course I'm going to be selective of who I waste good lipstick on. It takes a good minute for me to get ready, do my hair, my make up, pick out an outfit. There's no way in hell I'm doing that for just anyone. "Just to go on a date" is not worth my time and I certainly hope all women think like this. I'm perfectly content sitting alone at the barn on the back of my horse or at home playing with playdoh with my kid.
oh get off the high horse
Sara give the pokemon guys a chance!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 02:41 PM   #8902
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
oh get off the high horse
Sara give the pokemon guys a chance!
Never going to happen.

Rather spend that time with my kid or horses. I have limited time to date as it is, not wasting it on someone I'm not into.
Appreciate 3
Buug95916835.00
M5Rick58879.50
      04-14-2021, 02:50 PM   #8903
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Never going to happen.

Rather spend that time with my kid or horses. I have limited time to date as it is, not wasting it on someone I'm not into.
valid point
But Im sure there is someone in your circle that likes you, may treat you well but he isnt your type....yes or no??
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 03:16 PM   #8904
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
valid point
But Im sure there is someone in your circle that likes you, may treat you well but he isnt your type....yes or no??
I'm sure there is, in fact I know of several, but again if he isn't my type, I'm not going to waste his time or hurt his feelings. Plus I'm in my prime. If I'm not going to sleep with you, it's just a waste of my time as well. I don't date guys I wouldn't fuck.
Appreciate 3
      04-15-2021, 12:06 AM   #8905
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

And there it is!!
      04-15-2021, 03:17 AM   #8906
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

It's always going be a womans prerogative if she wants to be with a particular man.
When I was at a West End disco one time I bumped into a stunner lady and instinctively suggested a dance to which without a word I found she was dancing with me, then onto the next slow n' easy one she had her arms round me and was nuzzling my neck as I caressed her waist gently and was sure my Boss ett was helping.
After a couple of drinks making sure she came with me to the bar not leaving her for guys to prey on we spent the next hour chatting with small talk and having more dances with more embraces then her friends came round saying they were moving along to another place and she said she had to go but not without me getting her phone number which yes! was genuine and we started dating.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 08:19 AM   #8907
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
I'm sure there is, in fact I know of several, but again if he isn't my type, I'm not going to waste his time or hurt his feelings. Plus I'm in my prime. If I'm not going to sleep with you, it's just a waste of my time as well. I don't date guys I wouldn't fuck.
I GET IT!!!
what im trying to tell you as a good friend, maybe you need to be little more flexible with your standards. Maybe he doesnt check all of the boxes, but if the qualities are there, more important ones. It might be worth it.
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan24809.50
rebekahb3128.50
King Rudi13152.00
      04-15-2021, 09:07 AM   #8908
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E91 330d

...or maybe it'll be acceptable to start with, but eventually the shortfalls will be glaring issues and the relationship will eventually fall apart.

Settle for nothing less than a 'unicorn', but do plenty window shopping along the way

But also don't sweat the ones that aren't right; cross them off and move on!
Appreciate 4
Sara5775.50
King Rudi13152.00
      04-15-2021, 10:59 AM   #8909
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Not going to lower my standards. There is someone out there who will check all my boxes. I have no problem waiting What I want may change over time, and that's fine, but right now I want what I want and I won't settle

I also don't think what I want is unicorn, so we'll see. They say if you want a stable relationship, get a horse, and I've got three of those so I'm ahead of the game lol.
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan24809.50
Buug95916835.00
      04-15-2021, 11:12 AM   #8910
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Don't fret over it Sara. Some men just want a little trophy that they can brag about to their friends. You're an accessory just like their flashy watch, car or suit. Lots of fish out there. Change your bait. You have what it takes. Be choosy. And patient...
TBH, I want guy friends I can brag about, too.

But the hot ones always seem to come with much more stress.
Unfortunately it's the same with women. The more attractive women always come with more headaches. It sucks.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00