F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F31 2014 Coding issue
GetBMWParts

09-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
SharksF31
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 2016(Nov)

F31 2014 Coding issue

Hi,
just got my new F31 delivered today!
First thing I did was to hook it up to my MacBook to do some coding.
With reading the tutorials on this site, things went very smooth 😉
Just got two issues:
1. No matter how hard I tried, I can't find the HU_CIC ECU.... And there are some important options I want to alter...
2. I can't read out the FEMBODY ECU and I receive an error notification when trying to...

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded E-sys and bought myself a token. I'm on version E-Sys 3.22.5 with PSDZdata 50.2.

Do I need an update of E-sys and PSDZdata to get in FEMBODY and to be able to see HU_CIC???

Anyone who can help out? My car is a 2014 F31 320Da Efficient Dynamics, driving around in The Netherlands. I have the high executive upgrade with the professional navy...

Thanks,
Sharks
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

CIC is the old navigation platform, you have the NBT one, so your ECU is named HU_NBT.

E-sys 3.22.5 should be fine, but psdzdata 50.4 is out now.

What error are you getting? If it's something like CAFD_XXX_XXX_XXX not found, then you probably have newer software on your car than 50.2.

PM Shawn for links to 50.4
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
SharksF31
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 2016(Nov)

Thanks! Now I understand why I couldn't find the CIC... I was using the Coding Database program as a cheat sheet and that pointed me out to the CIC module...
Do you happen to know what the most comprehend cheat sheet available is at this moment for the F30? I couldn't find everything I need in this database...
I'll pm Shawn for the update. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksF31 View Post
Thanks! Now I understand why I couldn't find the CIC... I was using the Coding Database program as a cheat sheet and that pointed me out to the CIC module...
Do you happen to know what the most comprehend cheat sheet available is at this moment for the F30? I couldn't find everything I need in this database...
I'll pm Shawn for the update. Thanks!
I have not coded a car with an NBT yet, so you'll have to wait for someone with experience to chime in.

I think in general, things that can be coded for HU_CIC can also be coded on HU_NBT (i.e. RDC_SAFETY), but I can't verify it.

I've see some references to new things that can be done with NBT in the big coding thread. There are some NBT only things in the Coding Database.

The main one is that you can customize the iDrive splash screen which is not possible (AFAIK) on HU_CIC.
Appreciate 0