Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

03-26-2020, 03:07 PM   #23
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 19 F150, 19 S5 SB 19 ZL1 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I guess the President really does rub you the wrong way.
His actions in the press conferences and lying during a time like this should rub everyone the wrong way.
Appreciate 1
vtown92.50

03-26-2020, 03:08 PM   #24
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
His actions in the press conferences and lying during a time like this should rub everyone the wrong way.
I think we should hold people to the same standards.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 03:10 PM   #25
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 19 F150, 19 S5 SB 19 ZL1 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I think we should hold people to the same standards.
Ok
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2020, 03:16 PM   #26
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
Before you Americans start pointing blame towards China, think about what has actually happened since January.

China gave enough warning to all the western countries way in advance, not only by direct alerts, but also by the fact that they utilized almost all the resources in the country to fight the virus. And it was successful. China did everything right during this epidemic, and that is why their number of cases stopped at 81 thousand. Many may argue that they lied about the number, even if that is true, so what? They have already lifted their lockdown, resumed schools and factories, in less than three months, can we do that?

But what did our western societies do? Our governments were ignorant even when the case number in Washington started climbing rapidly and people started dying. We didn't close our borders until the last second. We are still allowing some Americans to come to Canadian soil for God's sake. The naivety of our governments is the reason why US is reporting over 13 thousand new cases per day. On the other hand, China closed its border and started lockdown on multiple cities as soon as they could. Why do the western governments not even have the ability to replicate what the Chinese did? Many would argue that the American deserve it, thanks to their brilliant (blind) president, and a lot of Americans are still believing his propaganda.

Yesterday's Data:
OMG. I can't even believe someone believes for a single moment ANYTHING that comes out of China. To get the actual numbers from China, multiply everything by at least 10. They actively covered this up, refused help, bribed the WHO for 200 million USD to give them a pass and now idiots are believing their BS.

MODS, close this propaganda strewn thread. It's not good for the boards.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 6
Rmtt6985.00
c1pher1814.50
zx10guy2585.50
Conissah1038.00

03-26-2020, 03:24 PM   #27
Humdizzle
Major
Rep

Drives: 2010 ferrari 458

hindsight is always 20/20.

2010 Ferrari 458
2015 Silverstone F80 6MT
2009 Honda Civic
Previous: E36 M3 | E46 M3 | R35 GTR | FR-S | F30 335i
Appreciate 1
c1pher1814.50

03-26-2020, 03:25 PM   #28
jimbobiggens
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
Agreed, TDS + armchair quarterbacking does not make for a sensible thread. Shut this down.
MKSixer22740.50

03-26-2020, 03:47 PM   #29
Gamb1t
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: 330i, X1, RX-8, Z3M, Project M

Let's not look towards what outside is doing, but look inwards to what will our country is going to do right here right now. Even if one discounts China's number, we should look at the current known facts within US.
This country has the technology, societal advances, disposable powers to stop the virus dead in the track. But it is not and soon will overtake both Italy and China. There are parts of US where people still think this is just another flu. This tells me the government is incoherent in its message around the urgency and seriousness of COVID-19.

COVID-19 is not just at US' doorstep. It is entering the bedchamber to cuckold it in a big way.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 03:47 PM   #30
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Garage List
Corvette C8 will fix this.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer22740.50
Humdizzle1241.00

03-26-2020, 03:50 PM   #31
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
Like I said, even if that is true, so what? They have already lifted their lockdown, resumed schools and factories, in less than three months, can we do that in under three months?
Theres a difference between our lockdown and their lockdown.

Our lockdown is more like a soft lockdown. They are shutting down some businesses and telling people to stay home, but it isnt really enforced or even enforceable.

In China, they were arresting people for being out, welding doors shut, etc.

And dont even get me started on the reported numbers from china and their accuracy. China wasnt testing everyone that came in sick and if there wasnt a positive test while the person was alive, they didnt count their death as a covid death, and even if there was a positive test, they still didnt count a lot of those deaths as covid related either. China downplayed this virus for months until it got out of hand as well, and there are still several provinces that havent reported numbers for over a month. The only information we really have is information that the chinese government is putting out there. You know, that same government that says it wasnt them, it was actually american soldiers that got everyone sick.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
MKSixer22740.50
minn196905.50

03-26-2020, 04:01 PM   #32
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
He asked, I answered, I disagree with your assessment, but we also haven't seen a pandemic like this since the 50s/60s IIRC. The 1918 was the worst in US history also IIRC. As others have said, people have short memories. In regards to helping US citizens via the latest relief bills etc, I do agree.

Acting like an ass and contradicting your own experts in the same press conference while still having to have your ego inflated does nobody any good. It certainly can't be part of the strongest reaction ever to a virus.
the problem is he doesnt just have to worry about one thing, like the experts do. most DRs would like to see everyone locked down, no one leaves their house, and the virus will eventually stop spreading in a couple months. However, that would cripple the economy, destroy many peoples lives, and set the entire country back decades. Its just not practical to do.

What he is trying to do, at least how i see it, by saying "this will be over shortly" is keep the panic to a minimum. You saw the panic explode early on with grocery stores being bum rushed, medical supplies being bought out, etc. and that hurts more than it helps. It's a fine line between mass crazy panic and smart "panic".

sure, hindsight is 20/20 and if he had gotten the CDC to work on a test earlier, or shut down borders earlier, or had states issue "lock downs" earlier, maybe the virus wouldnt have spread as fast, but even when he does those things he has faced resistance and harsh criticism because #notmypresident.

Its an unprecedented situation we are in currently, and not one anyone would have reasonably thought would happen. That is why all the red tape for medical supplies, testing, etc. was in place, and he had to issue orders to lift to get more companies involved in this to aid the federal programs.

Moving forward, hopefully we learn from this if this ever happens again and all that bs gov regulations and red tape are removed earlier, or just removed completely.

Appreciate 3
      03-26-2020, 04:03 PM   #33
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb1t View Post
Let's not look towards what outside is doing, but look inwards to what will our country is going to do right here right now. Even if one discounts China's number, we should look at the current known facts within US.
This country has the technology, societal advances, disposable powers to stop the virus dead in the track. But it is not and soon will overtake both Italy and China. There are parts of US where people still think this is just another flu. This tells me the government is incoherent in its message around the urgency and seriousness of COVID-19.

COVID-19 is not just at US' doorstep. It is entering the bedchamber to cuckold it in a big way.
The former part of the emboldened clearly underestimates the potential for stupidity of some of our fellow citizens. The latter part of the emboldened portion fails to recognize that the Federal Government has a 15 day at home policy.

Cheers-mk

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
minn196905.50

03-26-2020, 04:12 PM   #34
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
The former part of the emboldened clearly underestimates the potential for stupidity of some of our fellow citizens. The latter part of the emboldened portion fails to recognize that the Federal Government has a 15 day at home policy.

Cheers-mk
right...

i will admit when it was first happening, i was one of those that thought, doesnt seem like its much worse than the flu. slightly higher death rate, but overall, affecting the unhealthy and elderly.

As time has progressed, anyone with half a brain can tell its a much more highly contagious virus and should be treated as such.

But of course, the parks here in colorado are packed, people are still out and about, and a lot of non essential businesses (pretty sure the car wash across the street from my office isnt essential) are still open, even after the mandatory "Shelter in Place" order from the governor. The news was interviewing people in a packed Denver park the other day after the city was locked down and many said "Well im off from work for a couple weeks so i decided i would get out and enjoy the weather instead of staying cooped up at home".... Literally that is why you are off from work, so you can stay in your home and not get or spread the virus. Be smart.

Appreciate 3
MKSixer22740.50
minn196905.50

03-26-2020, 05:56 PM   #35
kanovic
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 06 evo

China would make their people go to work even they are sick. No one knows the real number of infected in China, but I can guarantee it’s not what they are reporting.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer22740.50

03-27-2020, 05:55 AM   #36
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '16 F82 M4

What a totally retarded thread.
Attached Images

Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 2
      03-27-2020, 06:35 AM   #37
Chihuahua
Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Blame Canada.
Appreciate 1
SKI-R69.00

03-27-2020, 07:19 AM   #38
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Blame Canada.
Eh?

Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #39
SKI-R
Private
Canada
Rep

Drives: VW Golf/Jetta ALHs

06 Tundra DC Limited - 2.5" lift, BRP exhaust, 356k kms
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #40
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
the problem is he doesnt just have to worry about one thing, like the experts do. most DRs would like to see everyone locked down, no one leaves their house, and the virus will eventually stop spreading in a couple months. However, that would cripple the economy, destroy many peoples lives, and set the entire country back decades. Its just not practical to do.

What he is trying to do, at least how i see it, by saying "this will be over shortly" is keep the panic to a minimum. You saw the panic explode early on with grocery stores being bum rushed, medical supplies being bought out, etc. and that hurts more than it helps. It's a fine line between mass crazy panic and smart "panic".

sure, hindsight is 20/20 and if he had gotten the CDC to work on a test earlier, or shut down borders earlier, or had states issue "lock downs" earlier, maybe the virus wouldnt have spread as fast, but even when he does those things he has faced resistance and harsh criticism because #notmypresident.

Its an unprecedented situation we are in currently, and not one anyone would have reasonably thought would happen. That is why all the red tape for medical supplies, testing, etc. was in place, and he had to issue orders to lift to get more companies involved in this to aid the federal programs.

Moving forward, hopefully we learn from this if this ever happens again and all that bs gov regulations and red tape are removed earlier, or just removed completely.
Freudian slip?