New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-29-2021, 02:22 PM   #1233
Ngilbe36
Captain
Ngilbe36's Avatar
United_States
1608
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
LEC wheeling Ferrari 375 around Silverstone
Now this is good content!
__________________
- A McLaren fan who wants to see a good fight for the WDC and WCC
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2021, 02:34 PM   #1234
Killed by Death
Colonel
Killed by Death's Avatar
Ukraine
6226
Rep
2,169
Posts

 
Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You guys are so sad.

mongoloid ( adj.) characteristic of or resembling a Mongol; the mongoloid epicanthic fold. mongoloid ( adj.) (offensive) of or relating to or suffering from Down syndrome; 2. mongoloid ( n.) a person suffering from Down syndrome (no longer used technically in this sense, now considered offensive);

Historical note.

"...During the first half of the twentieth century in the United States, the majority of children with Down syndrome were placed in institutions – frequently soon after birth. This resulted in great human sacrifice for those individuals and for their families, who were convinced, often by members of the medical community, that the child was less than human and that their needs would be so great, their families would not be able to raise them. These children were “warehoused” in large state institutions – often in deplorable conditions – locked away so that the rest of society could not see the horror of their lives."
That was my exact worry and googled it prior to giving the "Appreciate" to post referring to STR...I've heard "Mong" used as a racial slur but didn't think it was done so in this case...That is why I referred the issue to a Brit where the term is popular. Below is what I found via google search...I wouldn't have given a thumbs up If I thought it was meant to be racist.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 3
243Racing1438.50
M5Rick29934.50
      07-29-2021, 02:39 PM   #1235
243Racing
Banned
1439
Rep
1,374
Posts

 
Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
That was my exact worry and googled it prior to giving the "Appreciate" to post referring to STR...I've heard "Mong" used as a racial slur but didn't think it was done so in this case...That is why I referred the issue to a Brit where the term is popular. Below is what I found via google search...I wouldn't have given a thumbs up If I thought it was meant to be racist.
I don't use google, so I got slightly different results; and given my experience on the internet, for slang like this I often find Urban Dictionary gives the most appropriate definitions for such colloquialisms.

I will leave out any commentary on how some people are predisposed to assume, or even go looking for, the most offensive possible meaning behind a word or phrase, and project that; regardless of the intent when such word/phrase was actually spoken
Appreciate 3
      07-29-2021, 02:43 PM   #1236
Killed by Death
Colonel
Killed by Death's Avatar
Ukraine
6226
Rep
2,169
Posts

 
Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 243Racing View Post
I don't use google, so I got slightly different results; and given my experience on the internet, for slang like this I often find Urban Dictionary gives the most appropriate definitions for such colloquialisms.

I will leave out any commentary on how some people are predisposed to assume, or even go looking for, the most offensive possible meaning behind a word or phrase, and project that; regardless of the intent when such word/phrase was actually spoken
Yep, I use Urban Dictionary too
Appreciate 3
243Racing1438.50
M5Rick29934.50
      07-29-2021, 02:47 PM   #1237
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
2396
Rep
4,334
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

When I'm not sure of the meaning of a word especially one that may be offensive...I take steps to educate myself (Google or whatever) but perhaps thats just me.

"Mong" is an offensive term and using it on team radio transmitted worldwide is disgraceful and amply demonstrates the kind of person that Verstappen is.
Similar the use of the phrase arrogant cunt.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer32377.00
Steeler1814.00
inTgr8r2236.50
racerbruce3516.50
      07-29-2021, 02:49 PM   #1238
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
2396
Rep
4,334
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Also colour me not surprised that the appeal was thrown out.
Can Red Bull sink much lower...maybe they can...we shall see this weekend.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer32377.00
Steeler1814.00
racerbruce3516.50
      07-29-2021, 02:53 PM   #1239
243Racing
Banned
1439
Rep
1,374
Posts

 
Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
When I'm not sure of the meaning of a word especially one that may be offensive...I take steps to educate myself (Google or whatever) but perhaps thats just me.
Just don't take a further step and ask folks if there are any meanings which are not readily apparent, some people get upset about that and will project ill intent.
Appreciate 3
      07-29-2021, 02:54 PM   #1240
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32377
Rep
11,626
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 243Racing View Post
I obviously didn't hear about it at the time. Jesus christ. What an arrogant cunt you are.
And there you go...name calling. We have a civilization, be it online or IRL.

Just as violence is the last refuge of the incompetent, this type of name calling is it's equivalent online.

Have a lovely day and thanks!!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
racerbruce3516.50
      07-29-2021, 02:55 PM   #1241
243Racing
Banned
1439
Rep
1,374
Posts

 
Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
And there you go...name calling. We have a civilization, be it online or IRL.

Just as violence is the last refuge of the incompetent, this type of name calling is it's equivalent online.

Have a lovely day and thanks!!
The truth can be painful to hear, sometimes. I'm sorry to be the one to have to do it to you. Have a splendid day yourself.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick29934.50
      07-29-2021, 02:56 PM   #1242
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
2396
Rep
4,334
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 4
rcracin1173.50
MKSixer32377.00
Steeler1814.00
racerbruce3516.50
      07-29-2021, 02:59 PM   #1243
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
2396
Rep
4,334
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)



Appreciate 1
racerbruce3516.50
      07-29-2021, 03:00 PM   #1244
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32377
Rep
11,626
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
That was my exact worry and googled it prior to giving the "Appreciate" to post referring to STR...I've heard "Mong" used as a racial slur but didn't think it was done so in this case...That is why I referred the issue to a Brit where the term is popular. Below is what I found via google search...I wouldn't have given a thumbs up If I thought it was meant to be racist.
I understand this and I will share with you a bit of information. The ability to google has given people the misapprehension that information is knowledge. Anyone can get information. It's at your fingertips. Knowledge is, however, different. Knowledge is understanding that urban dictionary isn't a legitimate source to uncover information. You took the extra step and uncovered more information, which I respect. The last part is uncovering the origin of the offensive phrase and connecting it to modern utilization then explaining it to others.

Like myself, you are of an age and experience level to understand and realize the difference in these operational modalities. Others, not so much. And there is nothing wrong with this. The problem occurs when people are unwilling to take extra steps to seek knowledge and start name calling.

As we have seen here.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.

Last edited by MKSixer; 07-29-2021 at 03:07 PM..
Appreciate 2
      07-29-2021, 03:06 PM   #1245
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32377
Rep
11,626
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post


Thanks for posting this!!

And WOW!! The last statement is pretty damning to RBR. It means that the controlling legal authority has looked at the shenanigans by Red Bull Racing and are "concerned" about the allegations of intent by Sir Lewis.

Great job, Red Bull Racing. Way to bring the sport into disrepute. Again.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
racerbruce3516.50
      07-29-2021, 03:10 PM   #1246
Ngilbe36
Captain
Ngilbe36's Avatar
United_States
1608
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 243Racing View Post
I don't use google, so I got slightly different results; and given my experience on the internet, for slang like this I often find Urban Dictionary gives the most appropriate definitions for such colloquialisms.
If you scrolled down to other common uses or definitions you would see it all there even on UD.
__________________
- A McLaren fan who wants to see a good fight for the WDC and WCC
Appreciate 1
MKSixer32377.00
      07-29-2021, 03:11 PM   #1247
Ngilbe36
Captain
Ngilbe36's Avatar
United_States
1608
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Thanks for posting this!!

And WOW!! The last statement is pretty damning to RBR. It means that the controlling legal authority has looked at the shenanigans by Red Bull Racing and are "concerned" about the allegations of intent by Sir Lewis.

Great job, Red Bull Racing. Way to bring the sport into disrepute. Again.
Merc F1's team statement on the subject is spicy and I am here for it.
__________________
- A McLaren fan who wants to see a good fight for the WDC and WCC
Appreciate 4
MKSixer32377.00
243Racing1438.50
Steeler1814.00
racerbruce3516.50
      07-29-2021, 03:11 PM   #1248
SteveChester
Brigadier General
SteveChester's Avatar
United Kingdom
2149
Rep
4,421
Posts

 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
What a statement from Mercedes!!!

Would love to find out what documents RBR submitted to provoke that response
__________________
Steve Roberts UK
F82 M4
I'm running the 2022 London Marathon for the British Forces Foundation - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sr77
Appreciate 1
MKSixer32377.00
      07-29-2021, 03:13 PM   #1249
243Racing
Banned
1439
Rep
1,374
Posts

 
Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I understand this and I will share with you a bit of information. The ability to google has given people the misapprehension that information is knowledge. Anyone can get information. It's at your fingertips. Knowledge is, however, different. Knowledge is understanding that urban dictionary isn't a legitimate source to uncover information. You took the extra step and uncovered more information, which I respect. The last part is uncovering the origin of the offensive phrase and connecting it to modern utilization then explaining it to others.

Like myself, you are of an age and experience level to understand and realize the difference in these operational modalities. Others, not so much. And there is nothing wrong with this. The problem occurs when people are unwilling to take extra steps to seek knowledge and start name calling.

As we have seen here.
You mean taking extra steps like asking other folks about it?

Yeah, people ought to do that.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick29934.50
      07-29-2021, 03:14 PM   #1250
243Racing
Banned
1439
Rep
1,374
Posts

 
Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post


So the appeal wasn't dismissed on lack of merit; simply a procedural issue.

Fair enough.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 03:29 PM   #1251
243Racing
Banned
1439
Rep
1,374
Posts

 
Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
If you scrolled down to other common uses or definitions you would see it all there even on UD.
Again, the definition at the bottom of the page is hardly the most relevant one.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick29934.50
      07-29-2021, 03:35 PM   #1252
243Racing
Banned
1439
Rep
1,374
Posts

 
Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
That isn't what this document says.

It says that there is no new information that Red Bull presented which wasn't available to the stewards at the time of the event. Further, it says that the, "new information", Red Bull was alleged to have discovered was actually manufactured from the aforementioned information available via GPS data to all competitors.

This was wholly without merit.

You're so bull-headed that you don't realize we're saying exactly the same thing. Incredible.

The petition was dismissed because it didn't meet the criteria for a reviewable petition, because it did not contain information that was not available to the stewards at the time. That's a procedural issue, like a lawsuit being dismissed due to lack of standing, which is in no way a judgement of a case based on its merit (or lack thereof).
Appreciate 2
M5Rick29934.50
      07-29-2021, 04:04 PM   #1253
tdott
Brigadier General
3386
Rep
3,559
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South FL / 6ix

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Negative regarding Non-sense !

The video shows the reaction difference in the Copse turn from HAM .

1• The situation Charlie : HAM ran on the inside "OVER THE CURBS" in the Copse turn to let Charlie by

2• The situation MAX : HAM pulled in MAX's right rear wheel .
This situation was a provocation and an action that was clearly premeditated to sent MAX off track followed by a 51 G crash in the wall .

• The difference in leaving space from 1 & 2 was the width of at least 2 cars !
That's what the video is all about ...
Period .

Maxed squeezed on the inside before the turn, that resulted in the positions the cars were in.

Lec didn't do this and the outcome was different.
Appreciate 1
minn1911930.50
      07-29-2021, 04:13 PM   #1254
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
41978
Rep
19,725
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Maxed squeezed on the inside before the turn, that resulted in the positions the cars were in.

Lec didn't do this and the outcome was different.
That doesn't mean that HAM had to sent MAX at the hospital !
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE F1 WORLD CHAMPION - THE NUMBER 1

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
243Racing1438.50
M5Rick29934.50
DrFerry3309.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST