New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

07-18-2021, 11:32 AM   #221
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
Just started the race. Happy to see Max walk out. I can't imagine what his body went through at the moment of impact. Hopefully nothing more than a concussion at worst.

I think Ham gets the fault by a slight margin, but it could have gone either way. I don't think there was ill intent. This season has been fun to watch, super competitive. Love to see Mclaren taking small steps upwards!
Regarding MAX => # 201 on this page => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...841050&page=10

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58873.50
      07-18-2021, 11:36 AM   #222
chuckthis
Toomany///Ms
Rep

Drives: 1M & M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Actually HAM said (over the radio while still in his car), and I quote:

"I was ahead going in there man...."

"It was fully my line, he turned in on me"

But of course the aerial view shows someting completely different. HAM was behind and was forcing VER from the racing line...
You cant be ahear when your front wheel touches the rear wheel of the other car.

The pressure on HAM to win in the UK was too high so that he decided to start and play dangerous games.
He brought it up again in the post-race interview about being alongside. In-race he said he was ahead which is crazy.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2021, 11:37 AM   #223
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Drives: F80

Well we have a season now, because the quicker RB was starting to run away with the championship. Funny to see the max and hammy fans go at it.

Hopefully we get a Nico vs Lewis type season ahead.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      07-18-2021, 11:37 AM   #224
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

But of course the aerial view shows someting completely different. HAM was behind and was forcing VER from the racing line...
You cant be ahear when your front wheel touches the rear wheel of the other car.

The pressure on HAM to win in the UK was too high so that he decided to start and play dangerous games.
Knowing Horner and Helmut . This Isn't over yet !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      07-18-2021, 11:42 AM   #225
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
There's still Silverstone 2 to come my friend and certainly a chance for Checo to shake off his 'grandma' image
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2021, 11:45 AM   #226
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Max doesn’t seem like the type to let sh*t go either. I see him racing Ham aggressively for the remainder of the season. It is game on now. Penalties will be a plenty from here on out. Just have to make sure if you are going to get penalized, the other is out of the race.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2021, 11:46 AM   #227
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The FIA gave HAM a penalty, so from their pov there is no doubt who is the guilty one.
If HAM wasn't to blame he would not have gotten that penalty.
Plus penalty points on his licence.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10473.00
      07-18-2021, 11:49 AM   #228
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckthis View Post
He brought it up again in the post-race interview about being alongside. In-race he said he was ahead which is crazy.
Hammy must suffer from double vision if he said he was ahead of Max at that point before contact was made, not for nothing hamcheat is a name that sticks for the dirty driver.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2021, 11:54 AM   #229
M5Rick
General
Rep

Horner speaks his mind
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/89461...h-himself.html
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2021, 11:54 AM   #230
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Max doesn’t seem like the type to let sh*t go either. I see him racing Ham aggressively for the remainder of the season. It is game on now. Penalties will be a plenty from here on out. Just have to make sure if you are going to get penalized, the other is out of the race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Plus penalty points on his licence.
Hopefully MAX is OK at the hospital after the CT-Scan ...
An impact of '51 G means a serious chance to get a 'concussion !

Meanwhile I'm waiting for more news from the hospital...

Thank you 'Dramilton !!!

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58873.50
      07-18-2021, 11:57 AM   #231
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

so Red Bull asked a race ban for Lewis?

so basically RB wants to walk easily to championship without a challenge..

dear Marko and Chris;
should Lewis drive with one hand only as well? or Lewis should drive only by 160hp electric juice during races? or should win races on 3 wheels AGAIN?

its absurd so childish.. surprised? no.. they re just 2 like-minded folks its normal for them to ask such a thing.. Lewis got his penalty and served it..

i told my opinion earlier that it d be 10 sec penalty.. he served it.. i hope, i really hope Max got his lesson for such close battles that nobody has to cover his ass to avoid accidents always.. im so glad he is fine.. he MUST take some lesson out of this weekend.. he had 32 points lead before reaching mid season but he thought he d lost everything at the beginning of the race.. slamming Lewis to the wall hasnt paid off eh?

thank you Max Verstappen for igniting Lewis and Mercs back again..

it was such a great race that i really wasnt expecting Lewis to win.. i thought he could be 2nd or 3rd at most.. such a great great drive again from 7 world champion.. he fully deserved this race.. and if the race d unfold on medium tires probably Leclerc d win anyway.. thank you Lewis making millions happy on TV screens..

Leclerc was on fire during the race especially on mediums.. i have no idea and actually even probably Ferrari couldnt figure out where that race pace came from.. unlucky for Sainz otherwise he d probably pushing Bottas towards the end..

Norris was a bit lost during this race.. i was thinking he could do better but i guess that was all the package was offering.. it was nice to see Ricciardo on higher spots as well.. but im not sure Ric ll recover this season.. he is not settled in to this car.. but next year there ll be a new concept for everyone.. he can fly high again..

such a great Sunday.. thank you Sir Lewis Hamilton!!
inTgr8r2421.50
MKSixer34171.50
Bongoxxx804.00
      07-18-2021, 11:57 AM   #232
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Hopefully MAX is OK at the hospital after the CT-Scan ...
An impact of '51 G means a serious chance to get a 'concussion !

Meanwhile I'm waiting for more news from the hospital...
RB should appeal the leniency of HAM's penalty for the probable intent of such a move.
Appreciate 2
      07-18-2021, 12:01 PM   #233
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
so Red Bull asked a race ban for Lewis?

so basically RB wants to walk easily to championship without a challenge..

dear Marko and Chris;
should Lewis drive with one hand only as well? or Lewis should drive only by 160hp electric juice during races? or should win races on 3 wheels AGAIN?

its absurd so childish.. surprised? no.. they re just 2 like-minded folks its normal for them to ask such a thing.. Lewis got his penalty and served it..

i told my opinion earlier that it d be 10 sec penalty.. he served it.. i hope, i really hope Max got his lesson for such close battles that nobody has to cover his ass to avoid accidents always.. im so glad he is fine.. he MUST take some lesson out of this weekend.. he had 32 points lead before reaching mid season but he thought he d lost everything at the beginning of the race.. slamming Lewis to the wall hasnt paid off eh?

it was such a great race that i really wasnt expecting Lewis to win.. i thought he could be 2nd or 3rd at most.. such a great great drive again from 7 world champion.. he fully deserved this race.. and if the race d unfold on medium tires probably Leclerc d win anyway.. thank you Lewis making millions happy on TV screens..

Leclerc was on fire during the race especially on mediums.. i have no idea and actually even probably Ferrari couldnt figure out where that race pace came from.. unlucky for Sainz otherwise he d probably pushing Bottas towards the end..

Norris was a bit lost during this race.. i was thinking he could do better but i guess that was all the package was offering.. it was nice to see Ricciardo on higher spots as well.. but im not sure Ric ll recover this season.. he is not settled in to this car.. but next year there ll be a new concept for everyone.. he can fly high again..

such a great Sunday.. thank you Sir Lewis Hamilton!!
That's just more "BS" from your side . And you know it mate !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58873.50
      07-18-2021, 12:03 PM   #234
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
That's just more "BS" from your side . And you know it mate !
Just ignore his posts my friend, truly his knees are red raw from kneeling at the ha m altar
Appreciate 2
      07-18-2021, 12:04 PM   #235
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post

Doesn’t make Mercs car faster. They still have the inferior car at the moment especially at race pace.

Unless Merc can find something at the factory, the points deficit will grow again barring Max is medically ok.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 12:06 PM   #236
chuckthis
Toomany///Ms
Rep

Drives: 1M & M2CS

Max definitely had some wind knocked out of him after the crash. He sounded awful on that radio call.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2021, 12:09 PM   #237
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Max definitely had some wind knocked out of him after the crash. He sounded awful on that radio call.
Hardly surprising, if it was one of US then we would prob be stretchered off unconscious.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2021, 12:12 PM   #238
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

What sort of person decribes this as a 'great race', and a 'great sunday' when the race leader was banged from the track (at 150mph or so...) and is in the hospital?!?
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 3
      07-18-2021, 12:14 PM   #239
Steeler
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Last post here due to the fact that this forum will be a circle jerk of those who dislike Hamilton. Plain and simple.

"Hamilton was desperate" ....with more than half the season to go?.....Fuck off.

Verstappen is notorious for getting elbows out, as is Hamilton. Today was the end of backing down as far as I can see from Hamilton's POV.
If he had been a bit more punchy in the first part of the season Verstappen would not have been ahead at the end of the first lap in many of those races and the VER club wouldn't be pulling each other's pud every weekend.

See ya.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 7
yco5722.50
minn1913970.00
inTgr8r2421.50
SonnyJack323.00
Bongoxxx804.00
      07-18-2021, 12:14 PM   #240
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Doesn’t make Mercs car faster. They still have the inferior car at the moment especially at race pace.

Unless Merc can find something at the factory, the points deficit will grow again barring Max is medically ok.
yes definitely.. more speed has to be extracted from both cars asap.. on full downforce tracks like Hungaroring Merc's deficit can diminish but at least now they have higher motivation for it..
      07-18-2021, 12:16 PM   #241
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
What sort of person decribes this as a 'great race', and a 'great sunday' when the race leader was banged from the track (at 150mph or so...) and is in the hospital?!?
Only someone on the edge of deranged.
Appreciate 1
GuidoK10473.00
      07-18-2021, 12:18 PM   #242
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
Quote:

No it's not crazy. Because the dude is a egotistical crazy person. Go have a listen to Behind the Grid podcast with him. I was so confused because he was speaking the English language, but he also wasn't at the same time
Appreciate 0