New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

04-25-2014, 01:58 PM   #155
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

That's it. Double Technical on both you.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 02:26 PM   #156
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep

Drives: AW e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
That's it. Double Technical on both you.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #157
Alpine435i
Banned
Rep

Drives: 435i

Wait...they play basketball on the east coast??
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #158
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Warriors #1 3-point team in the league.
Clippers #1 3-point defense in the league.

Defense wins games.

I'm still soaking it in now, but Clippers beating Dubs at home, one of the best home teams in the league, and leaving Roar-icle quiet. Huge game.
Relax. Clippers are beating a lower seed without their best defensive player and leading rebounder. Can you imagine how the Clippers would do without Deandre Jordan playing?

The Clippers should be worried about facing Memphis again.

Quote:
Did Blake throw water on you? I'm being serious. There are guys who are way worse floppers than Blake, I don't understand the flopper chants from Warriors fans. Andrew "Thug" Bogus has basically tried to start MMA fights with Blake all season long. Let's not even get on Dray-thug Green whose first defense move is to wrap up Blake's neck anytime Blake makes a move in the post. Curry is a big flopper himself and tried to flop the Dubs into a win, that's why his 3-pointer came up short because he spent too much effort acting instead of concentrating on his shot. Is that what you guys are crying about?
I don't know if you are serious or just completely bias.

Just Youtube "Blake Griffin Flop" or "Chris Paul Flop." You will get numerous amounts of videos of them flopping.

Do these videos ring a bell?

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #159
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Relax. Clippers are beating a lower seed without their best defensive player and leading rebounder. Can you imagine how the Clippers would do without Deandre Jordan playing?

The Clippers should be worried about facing Memphis again.
You mean a lower seed that was separated by what... 5 games total? Did you even watch the NBA season this year? The separation in the West between all 8 seeds was razor thin. Memphis was the 7th seed, OKC is the 2nd seed. How's that seed math working for you?

"how the Clippers would do without Deandre Jordan playing?"

Uh, the Clips played without arguably their BEST PLAYER for a huge chunk of the season (CP3 for 20 games), and their best wing player (Reddick for almost 50 games), and everyone thought they would fall apart, yet they won the Division Title. In fact, this is the first time in a long time that the teams starters are actually healthy as a squad, they haven't been most of the season. My guess is they would do pretty good even without Jordan.

Yes, Andrew Bogus got his ribs cracked but O'Neal has proven he's a great defender himself, and per 36 minutes he's a 17 point, 8 rebound guy. Bogut per 36 minutes is a 10 point, 13 rebound type of guy. So let's not act like O'Neal is some bum. Plus, how do you explain Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, aka the "Splash Brothers" not splashing very much the past 2 games? You going to blame that on Bogus too? The simple fact is the Dubs had one of the best home records in the West, they are not a team that loses often at home (Roar-icle Arena) and the Clippers managed to do it in a high pressure, must-win, type of situation in front of a loud highly partisan crowd. Not easy.

Memphis will be a challenge, so will OKC, hopefully the Clips get by whoever wins that series, they have a great shot this year. The road to the Finals in the West is a really tough one this year.

Quote:
I don't know if you are serious or just completely bias.

Just Youtube "Blake Griffin Flop" or "Chris Paul Flop." You will get numerous amounts of videos of them flopping.

Do these videos ring a bell?
Dude relax man. No need to go on a Youtube Orgy. I get it, you think Blake is a flopper, and super butt hurt about it. It's cool. But your youtube searches don't prove he's the worst flopper in the league. I don't know if you're serious or just completely biased, but you can type in "Steph Curry flop", "Lebron Flop", or even "Paul Pierce Flop" and get lots of videos too.

Curry flopping like he does after EVERY 3...

Here's a half a dozen more...

But hey, I'm not the one making blanket ignorant claims about someone's career based on a trivial search of youtube videos!

Last edited by MediaArtist; 04-25-2014 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #160
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep

Drives: AW e92

hopefully huston pulls out a win tonight.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:42 AM   #161
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Damn! What a game!! Where you at Litos? You still hate Jeremy Lin? Who the heck is Daniels lol

He came up big with the dagger!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 01:20 AM   #162
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335i

Quote:
You mean a lower seed that was separated by what... 5 games total? Did you even watch the NBA season this year? The separation in the West between all 8 seeds was razor thin. Memphis was the 7th seed, OKC is the 2nd seed. How's that seed math working for you?
5 games or not, the higher seed Clippers has homecourt advantage from the beginning. That makes all the difference in a playoff series.

What math? Where did I say that Memphis is 2nd seed or OKC is the 7th seed? I just said the Clippers should be worried about Memphis because they cause matchup nightmare for any team. And we already know the history between each other in the playoffs.

Quote:
"how the Clippers would do without Deandre Jordan playing?"

Uh, the Clips played without arguably their BEST PLAYER for a huge chunk of the season (CP3 for 20 games), and their best wing player (Reddick for almost 50 games), and everyone thought they would fall apart, yet they won the Division Title. In fact, this is the first time in a long time that the teams starters are actually healthy as a squad, they haven't been most of the season. My guess is they would do pretty good even without Jordan.
Best player for the Clippers is CP3? I don't know if you are serious. Blake Griffin is arguably the best player for the Clippers. #3 in the MVP ladder and All Star game starter. Where is CP3 on the MVP ladder? His name doesn't even exist on the ladder.

JJ Redick the best wing player? Did you forget about Jamal Crawford? The leading candidate for the 6th man of the year? The leading 3-pt makes for the Clippers? Crawford averages more 3PM and PPG compared to Redick.

Losing Redick or CP3 is completely different situation than losing Deandre Jordan. The #1 leading rebounder in the league and top 3 blocks per game vs losing a PG or SG? Jordan anchors the defense for the Clipper.

Quote:
Yes, Andrew Bogus got his ribs cracked but O'Neal has proven he's a great defender himself, and per 36 minutes he's a 17 point, 8 rebound guy. Bogut per 36 minutes is a 10 point, 13 rebound type of guy. So let's not act like O'Neal is some bum. Plus, how do you explain Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, aka the "Splash Brothers" not splashing very much the past 2 games? You going to blame that on Bogus too? The simple fact is the Dubs had one of the best home records in the West, they are not a team that loses often at home (Roar-icle Arena) and the Clippers managed to do it in a high pressure, must-win, type of situation in front of a loud highly partisan crowd. Not easy.
I don't know if you are serious. Comparing O Neal to Bogut? A player that is way past their prime and on the edge of retirement vs a player that is in their prime. There is absolutely no comparison between the 2. O Neal is a terrible defender. He lacks quickness, lift, and can't defend the paint like Bogut. Bogut is also on the top 5 list for blocks per game while O Neal is no where to be found.

Wrong, the Warriors is not even close to being the best home record in the West. There are 5 teams that has better home record than GSW. 1) SA 2) OKC 3) LAC 4) HOU 5) POR 6) GSW.
Quote:
Memphis will be a challenge, so will OKC, hopefully the Clips get by whoever wins that series, they have a great shot this year. The road to the Finals in the West is a really tough one this year.

Dude relax man. No need to go on a Youtube Orgy. I get it, you think Blake is a flopper, and super butt hurt about it. It's cool. But your youtube searches don't prove he's the worst flopper in the league. I don't know if you're serious or just completely biased, but you can type in "Steph Curry flop", "Lebron Flop", or even "Paul Pierce Flop" and get lots of videos too.

Curry flopping like he does after EVERY 3...

Here's a half a dozen more...

But hey, I'm not the one making blanket ignorant claims about someone's career based on a trivial search of youtube videos!
No, everyone in the world knows that Blake Griffin and CP3 is the biggest flopper in the NBA minus their own fans. Where is the flop in the Stephen Curry videos? Jeremy Lin made contact and ran into Stephen Curry from the rear while he is shooting a jump shot? That is a foul?

Your video is not even close to how Blake Griffin and CP3 flops. Show me a video where Stephen Curry flopped like this. I still laugh everytime I watch it.

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #163
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

uuuughghgh - been so busy at work I could barely even open e90post this week....

so, Rockets (up until last night) were getting Aldridge'd, BAD...

last night it was a much better effort.....still didn't shoot the ball terribly well....

OT was crazy...Lin's outlet pass to Daniels was awesome....

I like how Dwight is stepping up...

BUT, if Dwight is stepping up, we still need Harden to be Harden, we need Chandler to get back to where he was shooting the ball and we need Jones to do better....
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #164
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Why should I be glad? My 8th seeded mavs are better than almost every team in the East and they'd give the Heat a run again. Just by the records, they'd be 3rd in the east which is why I'm complaining about the seeding system and how much the east sucks. It's flat out unfair and everyone knows it.

It's stupid OKC might go down just because Memphis is such a good 7 seed and Toronto or New Jersey might move on the east. Don't you want all the best teams playing?

Memphis would beat your heat. The Warriors will also probably go down in the first round too, which is a joke. They'd to to the east finals if they played those crappy teams.

I respect Lebrons game but he ran away from Cleveland and took the easy way out to get rings. He was lucky to win last year.

The 4 teams that go down in the first round out west would beat any team in the east except perhaps the heat and even that is debatable. Terrible.

Ran away from Cleveland? He did everything he could for them while he played. It's not like he averaged 10 points a game back then, now all of a sudden he left and just started becoming a monster. There truly are some ungrateful fucks in this world. You are one of them. The guy wanted to win, can you blame him?

Let's see.

Stay in cleveland, keep losing vs Go to Miami, where more pieces are in place, and obtain a better shot at a ring. Oh, and go to Miami.

Tough, I know.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #165
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

The blatant personal attacks have been deleted. That's a warning. The rules apply here too guys.

Carry on.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #166
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
5 games or not, the higher seed Clippers has homecourt advantage from the beginning. That makes all the difference in a playoff series.

What math? Where did I say that Memphis is 2nd seed or OKC is the 7th seed? I just said the Clippers should be worried about Memphis because they cause matchup nightmare for any team. And we already know the history between each other in the playoffs.
You're the one making these "higher seed" arguments. They mean absolutely nothing in the West. Rockets down, OKC down, both higher seeds. Heck even the Spurs dropped one at home to the 8th seed. You're just proving how little you know about basketball. Like I said, how's you're higher seed math working out for you?

Quote:
Best player for the Clippers is CP3? I don't know if you are serious. Blake Griffin is arguably the best player for the Clippers. #3 in the MVP ladder and All Star game starter. Where is CP3 on the MVP ladder? His name doesn't even exist on the ladder.
It's arguable. You weaken your argument considerably by not acknowledging how important CP3 is to the team. They are clearly 1A and 1B for the team. Yes Blake has had an MVP season, but CP3 was the catalyst for the Clippers coming back to playoff contention, and he's been the leader of this team since he got to LA. Blake did play very well without CP3 for 20 games, this is a career season for him. But ignoring CP3's importance shows you know very little about the team and basketball in general.

Quote:
JJ Redick the best wing player? Did you forget about Jamal Crawford? The leading candidate for the 6th man of the year? The leading 3-pt makes for the Clippers? Crawford averages more 3PM and PPG compared to Redick.
Crawford is averaging more because he's been more healthy and he's the anchor for the entire 2nd unit. JJ Reddick played 30 games dude. Do you even watch basketball? There's a reason why Doc starts Reddick over Crawford and it's not because Crawford is better.

Quote:
Losing Redick or CP3 is completely different situation than losing Deandre Jordan. The #1 leading rebounder in the league and top 3 blocks per game vs losing a PG or SG? Jordan anchors the defense for the Clipper.
"Clippers losing CP3, arguably the #1 point guard in the league and leader of the #1 offense in the league isn't as bad as losing DJ", that's such an idiotic argument. CP3 is essential to this team. It's like you never watched a single Clippers game this season. He's sets the entire offense up, and gets it moving, by far it functions better in the half court when he's playing than when he's not.

Quote:
I don't know if you are serious. Comparing O Neal to Bogut? A player that is way past their prime and on the edge of retirement vs a player that is in their prime. There is absolutely no comparison between the 2. O Neal is a terrible defender. He lacks quickness, lift, and can't defend the paint like Bogut. Bogut is also on the top 5 list for blocks per game while O Neal is no where to be found.
Still going to blame everything on Bogus huh? Not even going to acknowledge that Curry and Klay have gone cold this series or that the Dubs are still around the same amount of total possessions per game even without Bogus? Oh snap. Of course not.

Dubs committing double the turnovers: "It's because of Bogus."
Dubs shooting way below average: "It's because of Bogus."
Curry averaging way below his season scoring average: "Bogus."

Dubs are losing this series because Curry and Klay aren't producing, and they're getting shut down by the Clippers backcourt. CP3/Collison have done a number on Curry. He's throwing up bricks like no other time this season. Also the team as a whole is turning over the ball at double the rate they did in the regular season (again nothing to do with Bogus). But keep blaming the Warriors poor shooting on Bogus.

Quote:
Wrong, the Warriors is not even close to being the best home record in the West. There are 5 teams that has better home record than GSW. 1) SA 2) OKC 3) LAC 4) HOU 5) POR 6) GSW.
Never said they were. Another invented argument from your end (or lack of reading comprehension), either way...

Quote:
No, everyone in the world knows that Blake Griffin and CP3 is the biggest flopper in the NBA minus their own fans. Where is the flop in the Stephen Curry videos? Jeremy Lin made contact and ran into Stephen Curry from the rear while he is shooting a jump shot? That is a foul?

Your video is not even close to how Blake Griffin and CP3 flops. Show me a video where Stephen Curry flopped like this. I still laugh everytime I watch it.
No, "Dubs fans" see Blake as the biggest flopper because they hate how Blake absolutely torches them every time he's actually on the court, and they get super butt hurt (like you) anytime his name is brought up. Blake is like the bogeyman for Warriors fans. So instead of just admitting Blake is a great player who sh*ts all over the Dubs when he plays them for a full game, they make up childish excuses like "Man, all Blake does is flop" instead of talking about how he drops 30-35 points on them day in, day out.

Anyway keep laughing, and furiously searching for Youtube videos so you can trash guys like CP3 and Blake to make yourself feel better, and keep making excuses (Blake flops, Bogus our "superstar" center is injured...). Dubs are down 2-1, with only 1 more game in Oakland, and then heading back to LA. Their fans better pray that their entire season didn't rely on Bogus, or else it's an early vacation.

Last edited by MediaArtist; 04-26-2014 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #167
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Shhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!
#vince
#clutch
#epic
#win
#mffl
      04-26-2014, 06:34 PM   #168
MicrophoneMic
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: F30 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Shhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!
#vince
#clutch
#epic
#win
#mffl
Holy shit! Half-man, half-amazing!

Give that man an extension. Let him retire in Dallas.

MFFL!!

Last edited by MicrophoneMic; 04-26-2014 at 06:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #169
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Drives: M3

New M3 owner here and big NBA fan from Down Under..Australia
I been loving the Blazers V Rockets series.

Oh and LOL @ Bogus "our superstar" center. Hey man leave us Aussies alone Hahaha
      04-26-2014, 07:13 PM   #170
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

dam that shot from carter was so wet.

i'm happy for dirk and company.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #171
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
dam that shot from carter was so wet.

i'm happy for dirk and company.
VC not bad for a 37 year old. My favourite VC moment from the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia.

04-26-2014, 11:03 PM   #172
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Damn man. What's wrong with Kevin Durant? He's cold as ice, nothing is falling. I'll say it right now, Memphis will go up 3-1 against OKC, they just can't hit anything.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:08 PM   #173
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo-T View Post

Oh and LOL @ Bogus "our superstar" center. Hey man leave us Aussies alone Hahaha

Sorry man. I'm just tired of some of these ridiculous Warriors fans (not all of them, just some of them) making up all these excuses why they are down 2-1 against Lob City.

I actually like the Warriors and rooted for them last year to beat the Spurs in the Semi-finals, but some of their fans I can't stomach. Blake scores 32 points torching the Warriors front court, and I guess he did it through flopping, and not dominating David Lee with superior athleticism and sharp post moves.

Thing is, when Curry lit us up early in the season, I was like, "Damn man, Curry can shoot. We need to figure out a way to stop him." Gotta give credit where credit is due. But that's not something some of these Dubs fans can even understand, everyone is just a flopper, or cheater if the Dubs lose.

Last edited by MediaArtist; 04-26-2014 at 11:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #174
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Looks like Jackson bailed out OKC big time. That man deserves a bonus. Wow, 2-2 OKC/Memphis going back to OKC.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 12:01 AM   #175
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Sorry man. I'm just tired of some of these ridiculous Warriors fans (not all of them, just some of them) making up all these excuses why they are down 2-1 against Lob City.

I actually like the Warriors and rooted for them last year to beat the Spurs in the Semi-finals, but some of their fans I can't stomach. Blake scores 32 points torching the Warriors front court, and I guess he did it through flopping, and not dominating David Lee with superior athleticism and sharp post moves.

Thing is, when Curry lit us up early in the season, I was like, "Damn man, Curry can shoot. We need to figure out a way to stop him." Gotta give credit where credit is due. But that's not something some of these Dubs fans can even understand, everyone is just a flopper, or cheater if the Dubs lose.

Do you dislike every teams fans? I mean seriously what is your issue?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 12:13 AM   #176
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Drives: Cars

who the hell is Bogus?