New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-14-2015, 07:42 AM   #23
HoustonRider
big pimpin
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 M6 GC and 2015 4 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I wouldn't call it "annihilation" but that's one fast kitty cat.
Ha! I was thinking the same thing. In the old days, it would have been 5-6 lengths or 2 seconds. Now "annihilation", "killed it", "smoked", "tore up" "humiliated", etc are in the half/full car length or .2-.5 sec in the 1/4 lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 09:19 PM   #24
See5
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep

Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post

GM also said that after 500 miles or 1000, I don't remember, the car will be "unlocked" and the full potential will be unleashed. Though that doesn't seem to hold true right now.
I've seen multiple reviews after track days on Corvetteforum and the C7Z has got nothing but rave reviews. Almost no mention of power eing robbed either. Go figure. Even heavychevy, who is on almost every perfornce car forum out there, said he was sold:

Quote:
heavychevy
Let me first apologize for spreading the misinformation about the temps. I thought Lawdogg said 280. Posted to some friends on facebook and it went from there. It was a bit warmer yesterday though, so I don't know if the temps show higher for yesterday.

I started off as one of the people very much on the fence about this car, with the mystery surrounding the straight line speeds at Road Atlanta, timing, temps etc. but after the VIR lap I was pretty certainly convinced of the potential of the car. I loosely joined the bandwagon with one foot on.

However, now that I have ridden in the car.......

SOLD!

Let me preface this by saying that I have my own race car. A Porsche 996 TT that I've built over the years. I do time trials and hold lap records at several tracks. Road Atlanta is also my home track so I have hundreds of laps there. I also instruct with several organizations including NASA and Chin Motorsports.

With Chin, I am one of the designated check ride instructors for every event I attend at Road Atlanta. I get my fare share of rides in everything, and very often offered to drive cars due to drivers comfort with my instructing style. I do not accept however unless they are lost on track, which never happens because they wouldn't be getting a check ride. I only drive my friends cars (and people that beg) .

Anyhow, I've been in new 991 Turbos and GT3's, TA's, ACR's, Z06, ZR1...... on and on and on. I was really impressed with the handling of the C6Z having ridden in plenty and driven some. However absolutely nothing is as good as this car.

Magnificent feedback through the seat of the pants. Car communicates very well and is super confidence inspiring. Slides are progressive, and the car reacts quickly to corrections. The E-diff is great as well. I don't know what level the TC was on but it allowed just enough slide to keep the car on line without hampering the experience.

Consider Lawdogg had my 220 lbs butt in the car (probably 230 with 4 layers of clothes, helmet etc.), he really pushed the car well once I challenged him a bit. Subract 1 second (conservatively) for my 220 lbs, and 2 seconds for PSS to MPSC 2 (also conservative) and that's a 1:32.02 which is only 2.3 second short of Milner's lap. Not many can get in that ballpark of the guys who get paid to do this.

Car makes every bit of 650 +hp/tq. Caught me off guard for sure the first time he punched it. Car pulled consistently the entire session, I couldn't feel much if any difference at the end of the session. The rev match is awesome, car is stable in the corners.

I swore off Porsche when they opted not to provide manual for the GT3, that was tough to do, but this makes it much easier.

My only concern though is that for tall drivers there is a small hard hump behind your head where the roof detaches. When my head snapped back due to torque, it hit that every time at full recline, I had to move the seat forward. If you get rear ended with a helmet on or are tall enough, you may get knocked out or worse. I didn't know if I could lower the seat.

At the end of the day, I'm a big time fan of this car and what GM has done with it. Can certainly see a C7Z in my near future. Lawdogg, thanks for the ride. That car with 7 years 100k warranty is unreal. Don't see how you could ask for more........
Appreciate 0