New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-31-2014, 03:31 PM   #133
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep

Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
I believe its something to do with the transmission. Its a bit bigger and they would have to do some work to get it to fit correctly. I know the non-V CTS/ATS cars have AWD but they have smaller engines and the trans is different in those I believe.

But we better calm down about dissing a M3 or a GT-R or AWD system....we might just get a nasty...hateful email.....

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 04:20 PM   #134
dan84
Private
Rep

Drives: 2011 Tundra SR5 CrewMax 5.7L

Impressive numbers, fugly car.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 05:13 AM   #135
Jai 302
Banned
Rep

Drives: F13 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
So what can a cheaper, "unrefined" 2011 Mustang match a refined balanced racing pedigree E92 M3?

By the way, I love any and all cars. But fan boi's and people generally like you that look down on "inferior" cars because they have no heritage or whatever make me laugh and feel sorry for you at the same time. You're like a deer in the headlights or a bug heading for the light....it's not going to end well for you.

And why is there so much hate of a pushrod engine from people? Because its so simple and easy to work on? Its cheap to get parts for? It makes better and more reliable power?
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/31/2...ows-891-miles/ LOLOLOL

Very reliable indeed. It can't even handle factory settings long enough before blowing up. What a pile of garbage. Either buy a proper sports car like a Porsche if you can afford it or buy another RELIABLE car, not this plastic bodied garbage with a truck engine that can't last for bloody 800 miles before BLOWING UP. How many more bailouts and deaths will it take before GM is out of business for good?

The only experience I had with GM was with their Lumina SS sedan (called Pontiac G8 in the US) and bits started falling off it within 2 months. Garbage Motors. Go flush your money down the toilet by buying their crap products. Never had such Problems with Porsche, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Nissan, and Ford.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 07:55 AM   #136
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

To the idiots calling the pushrod (Over Head Valve) motors prehistoric...the DOHC motor has been around over 100 years. The OHV and DOHC designs were made within a couple years of each other. So enjoy your prehistoric DOHC motors.

I'm glad GM is sticking with an OHV design. I'm liking this new CTS-V. If the 1st Gen CTS-V had the interior standards of the 2nd and 3rd Gen CTS, I wouldn't be in the market for an early 335 as it was more fun to drive, while being much cheaper/easier to work on and far cheaper/easier to make fast. I just don't want one as a daily driver due to the interior, which the '08+ CTS corrected.

The new CTS-V will be no different. Easier to work on, cheaper, more reliable while being faster than its direct competition. What BMW is asking for a new M3 and M5 is absurd.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #137
CirrusSR22
Major
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai 302 View Post

Very reliable indeed. It can't even handle factory settings long enough before blowing up. What a pile of garbage. Either buy a proper sports car like a Porsche if you can afford it or buy another RELIABLE car, not this plastic bodied garbage with a truck engine that can't last for bloody 800 miles before BLOWING UP. How many more bailouts and deaths will it take before GM is out of business for good?

The only experience I had with GM was with their Lumina SS sedan (called Pontiac G8 in the US) and bits started falling off it within 2 months. Garbage Motors. Go flush your money down the toilet by buying their crap products. Never had such Problems with Porsche, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Nissan, and Ford.
Interesting you mention Porsche. Their first attempt at the 991 GT3 didn't go very well.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...ng-all-engines

Last edited by CirrusSR22; 01-01-2015 at 11:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 11:38 AM   #138
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:

So I guess a "proper" sports car is one that catches fire for no reason while you're driving down the road? Sounds like a Porsche to me or a Lambo or a Ferrari. Just like all those GT3 and why no one wants to really buy one. Ever see the video review of some guys brand new 2014 Porsche? After a few months of ownership, he had rattles, wind noise from a closed window, instruments going out when he went over a bump and guess what? That awesome Porsche dealership couldn't fix any of it! 2013 M5/M6 having engine troubles too, oh yea....such awesome products! It took BMW how long to fix the HPFP failures? M3 engines blowing up.......

But I guess there is a reason why Porsches, Lambos, Ferraris, some BMWs/Audis/Merc only get driven a couple thousand miles a year.......

I owned an 06 GTO (Holden Monaro) for 5 years, put 36k miles on it. Water pump failed and that was it. Everything else was solid, even after towing my motorcycle on a trailer with it through a miles and miles of snow, 500+ miles.

Can't say much for my 135i. Rattles, creaks, RECALLS and now the rear diff "clunking" from a dead stop.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #139
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep

Drives: chariot

Quote:

porsche a proper sports car?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #140
Sinful
Banned
Rep

Drives: Its black and has 4 wheels

Quote:

Read this..and then go buy that ugly, unreliable VW bug spawn ....
http://www.total911.com/porsche-991-...-no-to-recall/
At least GM will take responsibility and fix things...unlike BMW and Porche.

Last edited by Sinful; 01-02-2015 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #141
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:

LOL...Fail!

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 11:58 AM   #142
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
To the idiots calling the pushrod (Over Head Valve) motors prehistoric...the DOHC motor has been around over 100 years. The OHV and DOHC designs were made within a couple years of each other. So enjoy your prehistoric DOHC motors.
They are clueless.

There is a reason the LT1 is on Ward's 10 Best Engines list back to back years.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #143
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: BMW

So I like the Caddy. At least it is exclusive and looks different, and now also the newest until the new E AMG comes out.
Appreciate 0