New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-31-2014, 10:44 PM   #89
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeM3 View Post
No, no it is not. Anyone who buys a Challenger is a redneck. Even if they weren't before, they become a redneck immediately upon purchase. The mullet is included. And yes there are plenty of rednecks in Colorado. Ever been there? It's not all potheads and hippies. There are plenty of farmers, rednecks, cowboys, and others.

I'm not sure why you are so sensitive about this, V1.47.0582'rxjqz5, but I'm not trying to blame the car. I think I was pretty clear that as I said, it was bound to happen when you put a redneck (especially one who isn't used to fast cars) in a high power car without enough tire or handling. If a 275 isn't enough tire for an M4, and its not, it's definitely not enough for a 4500 lb 700 hp Dodge.
I'd choose the Challenger Hellcat over the middle-aged white woman mobile (X5, E93, Honda Pilot etc.) for sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 09:29 AM   #90
TahoeM3
Major
Rep

Drives: F-type R, GTR, X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
I'd choose the Challenger Hellcat over the middle-aged white woman mobile (X5, E93, Honda Pilot etc.) for sure.
Perfect! Get one in that bright neon green and you'll be the coolest person at the trailer park.

And what do you drive currently, my friend?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 09:43 AM   #91
TahoeM3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Whaaaaat?

You need stickier tires,not wider street tires.

Richard times are in line with the NHRA certified quarter-mile time of 11.2 seconds at 125mph with stock Pirelli P275/40ZR20 P Zero tires, and 10.8 seconds at 126mph with street legal drag radials.

Back when i had my mid 11second 335i, it ran mid 11's on 245's M/T ET drag radials, high 11's on wider 275's and 255's street tires.
This is getting funny. For one thing, you seem to think that because some guy ripped a good 1/4 mile time on one set of tires it somehow translates into good HANDLING. Bizarre. There's a big difference between going straight and turning. You seem to be confusing the two.

And second, you don't seen to get the reason why your 335 ran faster 1/4 mile times on 245s. And it wasn't just the compound. It was the fact that your 245 tires had a larger overall diameter and longer contact patch, with softer, taller sidewall, which is better for traction of the line. When you went to 255s and 275s, your sidewall got shorter and stiffer, decreasing your straight line traction.

Go back to school.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 10:36 AM   #92
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is getting funny. For one thing, you seem to think that because some guy ripped a good 1/4 mile time on one set of tires it somehow translates into good HANDLING. Bizarre. There's a big difference between going straight and turning. You seem to be confusing the two.

And second, you don't seen to get the reason why your 335 ran faster 1/4 mile times on 245s. And it wasn't just the compound. It was the fact that your 245 tires had a larger overall diameter and longer contact patch, with softer, taller sidewall, which is better for traction of the line. When you went to 255s and 275s, your sidewall got shorter and stiffer, decreasing your straight line traction.

Go back to school.
That was the point I made, you need a stickier compound more than wider street tires.
The 275's had the same diameter. We were discussing straight line performance, talking about Richard Rawlings run at the dragstrip, the one guy said the Hellcat would just spin and spin its tires.

You'll make a great fox news host, twist what someone said and then argue your own twisted version.

I'm surprised you're complaining about the weight of the Hellcat , you are the steering wheel holder of an AWD pig that basically drives itself, with zero driving fun, requires no skills whatsoever and it's ugly. Hahaha
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 11:16 AM   #93
TahoeM3
Major
Rep

Quote:
That was the point I made, you need a stickier compound more than wider street tires.
The 275's had the same diameter. We were discussing straight line performance, talking about Richard Rawlings run at the dragstrip, the one guy said the Hellcat would just spin and spin its tires.

You'll make a great fox news host, twist what someone said and then argue your own twisted version.

I'm surprised you're complaining about the weight of the Hellcat , you are the steering wheel holder of an AWD pig that basically drives itself, with zero driving fun, requires no skills whatsoever and it's ugly. Hahaha
And you'd be great on MSNBC, where they just make stuff up and go with it.

For example...the GT-R as a fat pig in a discussion about the Hellcat...which weighs 700 lbs more. Somehow you're trying to suggest that the Hellcat's handling is equivalent to the GT-R, which is nonsense.

And you're not getting that the wider street tires will help immensely in HANDLING, which is the problem with the Hellcat and the whole point of this discussion.

Tell you what...go drive a Hellcat and take a turn and then punch it...you'll be more sideways than an MSNBC news story.

What do you drive again?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 12:20 PM   #94
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And you'd be great on MSNBC, where they just make stuff up and go with it.

For example...the GT-R as a fat pig in a discussion about the Hellcat...which weighs 700 lbs more. Somehow you're trying to suggest that the Hellcat's handling is equivalent to the GT-R, which is nonsense.

And you're not getting that the wider street tires will help immensely in HANDLING, which is the problem with the Hellcat and the whole point of this discussion.

Tell you what...go drive a Hellcat and take a turn and then punch it...you'll be more sideways than an MSNBC news story.

What do you drive again?

A muscle car on summer tires being driven recklessly in freezing temps wrecks and you bring up wider tires will immensely improve handling.

Instead of blaming the car weight, tire size etc. Maybe it's the driver not knowing the car's limits.

An E92 M3/E36 M3, with a manual transmission, that means you probably can't drive it.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 01:56 PM   #95
TahoeM3
Major
Rep

Quote:
A muscle car on summer tires being driven recklessly in freezing temps wrecks and you bring up wider tires will immensely improve handling.

Instead of blaming the car weight, tire size etc. Maybe it's the driver not knowing the car's limits.

An E92 M3/E36 M3, with a manual transmission, that means you probably can't drive it.
I don't know if he was driving it recklessly, I wasn't there. Maybe you were. I'd agree the driver didn't know the car's limits, but I'd also say that few would. I'd bet 99.9% of drivers would find that car to be a handful. Feel free to disagree.

I can drive a manual just fine...I've had at least 7 manual cars that I can think of, the first of which was probably before you were born and the last of which were the E46 M3 and the Vantage, but I'm over it and would rather be faster. Sorry to burst your bubble. Thanks for playing. Good luck next time.
Appreciate 0