Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

06-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #45
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
So cannabis oil has health benefits, and you can refine it to remove THC.

Why did the legalize marijuana lobby not make this clear from the very outset? Cannabis oil would have likely been legalized decades ago.
Not correct. Marijuana is a 'schedule 1' which means it has 'no medical use' and you can't even do research on it.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #46
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
People weren't ready for it to be legal. The majority of people are now. Especially with the government cracking down on the opioid epidemic. People are looking for alternatives and CBD is one of them.
^dis

the opiod epidemic is what is driving a lot of this legalization. Having basically all my family in the healthcare biz, and dealing with chronic pain, opiod crackdown is at all time highs right now, and a lot of Drs, Pharmacists and even Insurances have very strict limits on the amount of opiods you can get. This is leading to more medical CBD prescriptions.

After a solid 5-6 years of fairly routinely prescribed opiods for chronic pain (a dozen pills or so a month or 2 for when pain got real, bad), i was told they are going to stop subscribing them and move to alternative pain treatments today. Not a bad thing, but was crazy because when i originally got on them, they just threw a billion pills at me and said this should help.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 04:23 PM   #47
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
Not correct. Marijuana is a 'schedule 1' which means it has 'no medical use' and you can't even do research on it.
incorrect. there has been a lot of medical research done well before it was legalized. Especially with regards to CBD, THC, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 04:28 PM   #48
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
incorrect. there has been a lot of medical research done well before it was legalized. Especially with regards to CBD, THC, etc.
I used a bit of hyperbole, research is very difficult to conduct and requires govt approval.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 04:33 PM   #49
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep

Quote:
I used a bit of hyperbole, research is very difficult to conduct and requires govt approval.
correct, but it was still conducted and there are a lot of good research studies out there on it.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 04:35 PM   #50
420Coupe
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2015 Alpine White M3

Quote:
So apparently America is the only place where research can be conducted; plenty of research has been conducted outside of the US as well as in the US.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 04:41 PM   #51
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:
So cannabis oil has health benefits, and you can refine it to remove THC.

Why did the legalize marijuana lobby not make this clear from the very outset? Cannabis oil would have likely been legalized decades ago.
Delete
      06-28-2018, 04:44 PM   #52
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420Coupe View Post
So apparently America is the only place where research can be conducted; plenty of research has been conducted outside of the US as well as in the US.
This thread is about FDA approval, you know what I meant.
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2018, 04:46 PM   #53
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
People weren't ready for it to be legal. The majority of people are now. Especially with the government cracking down on the opioid epidemic. People are looking for alternatives and CBD is one of them.
^dis

the opiod epidemic is what is driving a lot of this legalization. Having basically all my family in the healthcare biz, and dealing with chronic pain, opiod crackdown is at all time highs right now, and a lot of Drs, Pharmacists and even Insurances have very strict limits on the amount of opiods you can get. This is leading to more medical CBD prescriptions.

After a solid 5-6 years of fairly routinely prescribed opiods for chronic pain (a dozen pills or so a month or 2 for when pain got real, bad), i was told they are going to stop subscribing them and move to alternative pain treatments today. Not a bad thing, but was crazy because when i originally got on them, they just threw a billion pills at me and said this should help.
Or....

The marijuana lobby was never about "medicinal uses" - it was just a ploy to get weed legalized for general use. The truly beneficial applications of cannabis were masked by the dopers.

The people who were most impacted by this are people who really could have benefited from legalized marijuana derivatives- like cannabis oil, etc. - without the THC.
      06-28-2018, 04:57 PM   #54
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Or....

The marijuana lobby was never about "medicinal uses" - it was just a ploy to get weed legalized for general use. The truly beneficial applications of cannabis were masked by the dopers.

The people who were most impacted by this are people who really could have benefited from legalized marijuana derivatives- like cannabis oil, etc. - without the THC.
much truth here, the spokes people (it seems) are always stoners and high during interviews, they propose bills like CA SB-420, they should be embarrassed.

However, without getting weed 'normalized' the people who can benefit from its derivatives would not have been able to get them legally and safely.
Appreciate 2
bbbbmw2367.00

06-28-2018, 04:58 PM   #55
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Or....

yeah those were the biggest proponents for legalizing weed. recreational weed has a much bigger market than medical weed.
Appreciate 1
washm39.00

06-28-2018, 08:21 PM   #56
washm3
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:
its well known that weed can have adverse psychological affects on certain people. As with every drug, it varies person to person the affects, and a lot of times, you dont see the symptoms until well down the road. With legalization, we are just now getting more into the 10yr/20yr studies that will show the true potential side effects of long term use.

there has also been a steep increase in Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome which is a physiological disease brought on by smoking too much weed in some people.

Like all drugs, best to use wisely.
thanks for your thought thewatchguy - i completely agree, abuse of almost any drug will have adverse affects. i'm not advising anyone to go out and smoke weed or calling it completely safe. the point i was trying to make is that the studies/experiments tend to be unknowingly skewed at times and it is up to our best judgement, to not automatically assume causation and that there may be other correlating factors that may cause/psychosis and the gateway drug theory another forum member was trying to make. the long term effect and studies done are just beginning now that we are approaching the age of legalization marijuana in the US, so far nothing indicates that it is a very dangerous drug, among the tier of cocaine, meth, etc. which are more risky/dangerous without a doubt. it is very possible that weed can cause psychosis and other mental disorders. likely? seems as though cases are rare.

knowing this, I wouldn't say that marijuana is extremely dangerous of a drug. it does carry it's risk like many other drugs, but there are more legal drugs, including alcohol, that have caused more deaths. and yes, alcohol CAN be dangerous. at the end of the day, it's about moderation and to what extent the drug is taken and the risk associated with the drug. marijuana is not risk free, but i wouldn't call it very dangerous either. i just wanted to make the point that there are far more dangerous substances/things in our everyday life as i mentioned that can be considered a lot more riskier
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #57
washm3
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
Indeed.

Best ignore the advice of the psychiatrists. After all, what do they know?
i think you're missing the point lobb. no one is ignoring anyone's advice lol. in fact i specifically mentioned that it carries it's own set of risks. in terms of level of risk being high? not to me. to you, sure. but i shouldnt have to bring up again your level of risk being wearing underwear inside out is dangerous.

Last edited by washm3; 06-29-2018 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 10:44 AM   #58
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 11:20 PM   #59
Aveneto
Registered
Rep

Drives: Big bad ass

Hi Mom here, I have a son who's been diagnosed with childhood epilepsy syndrome, this means their epilepsy has specific characteristics. These can include the type of seizure or seizures they have, the age when the seizures started and the specific results of an electroencephalogram (EEG).An EEG test is painless, and it records the electrical activity of the brain. In my son's case, he has "benign" which means they usually have a good outcome and usually go away once the child reaches a certain age. And as a mom, I don't want my son to suffer this kind of illness for a very long time. He's 5 yrs old now and he is doing great in school. That's why I am searching the best solution for my son's <a href="https://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/blogs/marijuana-news/50937669-epileptic-girl-challenges-mexico-medical-marijuana-ban" target="_blank">Epilepsy Problem</a> that cannabis can be the solution to my problem. But I did not try it yet. So am just asking if it safe for my son? Any reply will highly appreciate. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #60
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveneto View Post
So am just asking if it safe for my son? Any reply will highly appreciate. Thanks in advance.
I would highly (no pun intended) warn you against taking direct medical advice from ANYONE on the internet, especially considering your son's physical safety.

I'm an advocate for "alternative" medicine, but would never directly say yes or no, having never met you or your son. Desperate as you might be to relieve your son's symptoms, I would council you to be extremely wary of anyone who would act otherwise on an internet forum.

Not to say you can't read what is here, as you are doing your due diligence before/as you speak to your doctor.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 10:48 AM   #61
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveneto View Post
Hi Mom here, I have a son who's been diagnosed with childhood epilepsy syndrome, this means their epilepsy has specific characteristics. These can include the type of seizure or seizures they have, the age when the seizures started and the specific results of an electroencephalogram (EEG).An EEG test is painless, and it records the electrical activity of the brain. In my son's case, he has "benign" which means they usually have a good outcome and usually go away once the child reaches a certain age. And as a mom, I don't want my son to suffer this kind of illness for a very long time. He's 5 yrs old now and he is doing great in school. That's why I am searching the best solution for my son's <a href="https://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/blogs/marijuana-news/50937669-epileptic-girl-challenges-mexico-medical-marijuana-ban" target="_blank">Epilepsy Problem</a> that cannabis can be the solution to my problem. But I did not try it yet. So am just asking if it safe for my son? Any reply will highly appreciate. Thanks in advance.
YOLO

Or i guess YSOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I would highly (no pun intended) warn you against taking direct medical advice from ANYONE on the internet, especially considering your son's physical safety.

I'm an advocate for "alternative" medicine, but would never directly say yes or no, having never met you or your son. Desperate as you might be to relieve your son's symptoms, I would council you to be extremely wary of anyone who would act otherwise on an internet forum.

Not to say you can't read what is here, as you are doing your due diligence before/as you speak to your doctor.
most on here are internet DRs
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 11:43 AM   #62
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
most on here are internet DRs
I don't play a Dr. on TV, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 12:38 PM   #63
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((

Well I'm actually a doctor...yet I agree with posters above me. Take information on the internet LIKE A GRAIN OF SALT. You need to find a neurologist for treatment-resistant episley who will have clinical practice and dosing and treating patients with alternative therapies. Its not like, I can open a physician's desk reference and get a black and white answer. Diseases such as epilepsy and cancer should we be left to experts with clinical practice history, versus answers on an internet forum in any stretch.

I will say this, it epilepsy is very uncontrolled, you kind of try anything that will work. Which is why I kept saying risk vs benefit!!!!

You can't just make blanket statements on what works and doesn't if you don't consider patient specific factors.

This is very common in neurologic disease states where once you begin targeting upstream actions, the downstream ( more side effects) become widespread.

Hey if the administration of CBD/THC ie., causes a reduction of remission of target symptoms (seizures) ill bet my ass, someone will take the CBD over seizes all day.

Also FYI seizure drugs are some of the wildest drugs you can put in your body. Most are also bi-polar (mania) drugs. The auto-induce their own metabolisms, cause other shit in your body to metabolize, can cause psychosis, depression, suicide, bone marrow suppression, toxic epidermal necrolysis (sp).....its just fascinating how misinformed people are. Since its FDA approved its safe
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2019, 03:35 PM   #64
jimbobiggens
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
Way back in the '90's one of my employees had a son tormented by grand-Mal seizures. The boy was 10, 11 years old. The dad tried everything. In desperation, he tried giving his son CBD oil. Night and day difference. His son outgrew the constant seizures and eventually went to college on a soccer scholarship.
      04-04-2019, 04:04 PM   #65
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

I've been taking 10mg three times a day under my tongue for about a year. I don't fall for snake oil either. It was a game changer for my mild anxiety and moderate constant pain. Neck, lower back and left elbow. Riding wild cattle, fast two wheel devices and occasionally going thump on them, finally caught up with my body.
      04-04-2019, 04:58 PM   #66
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Just fucking smoke weed.
Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 0