New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-21-2022, 11:00 PM   #6381
2one3E90
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Bmw 330i and Bmw 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [10.00]
2004 BMW Z4   [9.67]
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
On a lighter note: Sedan, any experience with Arigato Sushi in Santa Barbara? My niece turned 21 Wednesday, and we are all cruising up the coast tonight for a 5:30 reservation.

Not looking forward to the drive all that much . . .
I've never been to Arigato Sushi unfortunately. The lady and I are cruising up to Santa Barbara tomorrow, so maybe I'll stop by and try the food. Road trip #2 in the 992.
Tfti I go school in Santa Barbara.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 11:03 PM   #6382
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2one3E90 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
On a lighter note: Sedan, any experience with Arigato Sushi in Santa Barbara? My niece turned 21 Wednesday, and we are all cruising up the coast tonight for a 5:30 reservation.

I've never been to Arigato Sushi unfortunately. The lady and I are cruising up to Santa Barbara tomorrow, so maybe I'll stop by and try the food. Road trip #2 in the 992.
Whaaaa? For real?! How come you never mentioned it?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 11:05 PM   #6383
2one3E90
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [10.00]
2004 BMW Z4   [9.67]
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sometimes I post my dining hall meals Lol. I lost the page in this thread about ccw. My dad has a gun, I always have weird paranoia about a craze gunman blasting at people. Maybe because it happened at my school (elliot rodger). Anyways is it hard to get a ccw?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      07-21-2022, 11:12 PM   #6384
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sometimes I post my dining hall meals Lol. I lost the page in this thread about ccw. My dad has a gun, I always have weird paranoia about a craze gunman blasting at people. Maybe because it happened at my school (elliot rodger). Anyways is it hard to get a ccw?
It shouldn't be too difficult in your county, but I'm not too familiar with the process there. I would check the CCW forum on CalGuns. They have the processes outlined for each county.
Appreciate 1
2one3E902422.00
      07-21-2022, 11:13 PM   #6385
2one3E90
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [10.00]
2004 BMW Z4   [9.67]
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It shouldn't be too difficult in your county, but I'm not too familiar with the process there. I would check the CCW forum on CalGuns. They have the processes outlined for each county.
I go back and forth from Los Angeles to SB. Arnt you based near old frys?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 11:36 PM   #6386
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't live in L.A. County but the old Fry's is in my patrol area, so you're not far off.
Appreciate 1
2one3E902422.00
      07-21-2022, 11:44 PM   #6387
2one3E90
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [10.00]
2004 BMW Z4   [9.67]
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't live in L.A. County but the old Fry's is in my patrol area, so you're not far off.
Are you that guy on the 60 eastbound before hacienda and after turnpike?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 11:47 PM   #6388
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha! Has one of the CHP officers from Baldwin Park or Santa Fe Springs been stalking you on that beat?
Appreciate 1
2one3E902422.00
      07-21-2022, 11:59 PM   #6389
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Such a great example of why good people should carry (…and be proficient with that they are carrying)…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgNnX...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

….and this, just for the lulz!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgNKt...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Appreciate 1
2one3E902422.00
      07-22-2022, 02:45 AM   #6390
2one3E90
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [10.00]
2004 BMW Z4   [9.67]
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha! Has one of the CHP officers from Baldwin Park or Santa Fe Springs been stalking you on that beat?
I was safely passing on the left on one of those freeways because there was a vehicle behind me really close. Someone rear ended my e90 a while back so didnt want that to happen again. I was driving to meet my girls mother with my newly acquired Lci e90 6mt. And a chp from the bottom of a bridge spotted me and pulled me over. Even tho its daytime. I opened all my windows and put my hand above the steering wheel with the car shut off. He wrote me for 88mph. I plead not guilty, and I have another court date coming up. Im kinda scared haha.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 07:01 AM   #6391
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I've got a new question. Do any police agencies still actively monitor CB channel 9 (emergency channel) for emergency help calls? Do they even have equipment in place to use CB-9 as an emergency communications method during civil/natural disasters? Just curious how useful that channel is in the 21st century.....
      07-22-2022, 08:20 AM   #6392
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was safely passing on the left on one of those freeways because there was a vehicle behind me really close. Someone rear ended my e90 a while back so didnt want that to happen again. I was driving to meet my girls mother with my newly acquired Lci e90 6mt. And a chp from the bottom of a bridge spotted me and pulled me over. Even tho its daytime. I opened all my windows and put my hand above the steering wheel with the car shut off. He wrote me for 88mph. I plead not guilty, and I have another court date coming up. Im kinda scared haha.
They have little hiding spots along the freeways. I used to tell people, "Wherever you've seen a CHP officer observing traffic patterns while on the side of the freeway, never speed by that area because there's likely one in the vicinity waiting to nab somebody." Next time you're in that area, let me know. I'm always creeping the surrounding area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I've got a new question. Do any police agencies still actively monitor CB channel 9 (emergency channel) for emergency help calls? Do they even have equipment in place to use CB-9 as an emergency communications method during civil/natural disasters? Just curious how useful that channel is in the 21st century.....
I'm not sure. We're still in the process of updating our antiquated system to digital. Our Emergency Operations Bureau would know about CB-9, so I'll reach out and inquire within. I'll let you know what I find out.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615333.00
      07-22-2022, 09:36 AM   #6393
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: G30/M550

I have a question.

First off, my Dad was a P.O. for over 35 years and I served 24 in the Military.
I recently saw a show revealing what they say is an Officers Primary role.
They said it's not "Law Enforcement", but rather to Protect a Citizens Constitutional Rights.

Evidently "Law Enforcement" was a concept adopted in the 1970's, but the Primary role of an Officer is to protect and ensure that Civilians Constitutional rights are not Violated.

They also said that every Police Officer swears an Oath to the Constitution. (i did not know that)

Is this true?

Last edited by HerkHealer; 07-22-2022 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 10:33 AM   #6394
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
I have a question.

First off, my Dad was a P.O. for over 35 years and I served 24 in the Military.
I recently saw a show revealing what they say is an Officers Primary role.
They said it's not "Law Enforcement", but rather to Protect a Citizens Constitutional Rights.

Evidently "Law Enforcement" was a concept adopted in the 1970's, but the Primary role of an Officer is to protect and ensure that Civilians Constitutional rights are not Violated.

They also said that every Police Officer swears an Oath to the Constitution. (i did not know that)

Is this true?
I think it's "word spin" to be honest. I see it as being one in the same. Laws are designed around constitutional rights (…at least those closely associated with the 1st/4th/6th/etc. Amendments). By enforcing certain laws, we are protecting certain constitutional rights. We protect constitutional rights by enforcing certain laws. See where I'm going with this?

We all use/abide by a similar law enforcement code of ethics which makes mention of respecting constitutional rights. Because our job requires us to navigate the complexities of individual rights in order to effect arrests/seizures, the protections are inherent. We only lawfully infringe upon rights when we need to.
Appreciate 2
      07-22-2022, 10:43 AM   #6395
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I think it's "word spin" to be honest. I see it as being one in the same. Laws are designed around constitutional rights (…at least those closely associated with the 1st/4th/6th/etc. Amendments). By enforcing certain laws, we are protecting certain constitutional rights. We protect constitutional rights by enforcing certain laws. See where I'm going with this?

We all use/abide by a similar law enforcement code of ethics which makes mention of respecting constitutional rights. Because our job requires us to navigate the complexities of individual rights in order to effect arrests/seizures, the protections are inherent. We only lawfully infringe upon rights when we need to.
Thanks for the info !

One thing I found stunning in the episode was them showing two P.O.'s showing up to a guy who was filming the outside of a Police Station from a sidewalk. They were asking him to stop, to leave, to give them his ID. The guy asked if he was being detained, and the P.O.'s said he was, so he asked them to get a Supervisor. Shortly afterwards a Lt came outside and told the 2 Officers to meet him in his office. It was hilarious!
      07-22-2022, 01:40 PM   #6396
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the info !

One thing I found stunning in the episode was them showing two P.O.'s showing up to a guy who was filming the outside of a Police Station from a sidewalk. They were asking him to stop, to leave, to give them his ID. The guy asked if he was being detained, and the P.O.'s said he was, so he asked them to get a Supervisor. Shortly afterwards a Lt came outside and told the 2 Officers to meet him in his office. It was hilarious!
Similar situations have resulted in many officers getting into trouble in the past. The sidewalk is public space and people can film. It's for that reason that we rope/tape off crime scenes in public spaces. The rope/tape serves as a boundary and everything within it is effectively a crime scene. Everything aft of the boundary is public space. If you enter the crime scene you are impeding the investigation and are in violation of written law/statute…….

….so we tend to make crime scenes quite broad.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 02:32 PM   #6397
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

This is what EDR data looks like. The amount of data a vehicle records depends on make/model/year.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-22-2022, 03:31 PM   #6398
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Similar situations have resulted in many officers getting into trouble in the past. The sidewalk is public space and people can film. It's for that reason that we rope/tape off crime scenes in public spaces. The rope/tape serves as a boundary and everything within it is effectively a crime scene. Everything aft of the boundary is public space. If you enter the crime scene you are impeding the investigation and are in violation of written law/statute…….

I can appreciate the wide space taped off. The way those officers were harassing that guy filming was embarrassing. Even I know you can openly film in public spaces. It's sad that some Officers dont realize this. There are TONS of YT videos online of Police that dont know this simple law.

They must teach this in the Academy. At least I hope they do.
      07-22-2022, 03:45 PM   #6399
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I can appreciate the wide space taped off. The way those officers were harassing that guy filming was embarrassing. Even I know you can openly film in public spaces. It's sad that some Officers dont realize this. There are TONS of YT videos online of Police that dont know this simple law.

They must teach this in the Academy. At least I hope they do.
Do realize that YouTube posters (…along with posters on similar formats) need a huge sample size to find that one officer/deputy who doesn't know something that they want to post. Think of it like the production of a movie or reality show. You have to obtain hours upon hours of footage to get five minutes of useable film. They have to challenge a thousand LEO's to find ten that can't meet the challenge.

What they teach in academies are bracketed concepts, but most of the learning comes from practical application and experience (…and included in that experience are your fuck-ups).
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 07:37 PM   #6400
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Do realize that YouTube posters (…along with posters on similar formats) need a huge sample size to find that one officer/deputy who doesn't know something that they want to post. Think of it like the production of a movie or reality show. You have to obtain hours upon hours of footage to get five minutes of useable film. They have to challenge a thousand LEO's to find ten that can't meet the challenge.

What they teach in academies are bracketed concepts, but most of the learning comes from practical application and experience (…and included in that experience are your fuck-ups).
100% agree with you! They are looking for Likes and whatever else social media craves. I personally dont do ANY of that. It's just mean girl fighting to me. But even knowing that, there sure are a LOT of Officers who dont know the Constitutional Laws they are sworn to Protect. I hope this changes because it would make the USA a greater place. In the Military we were CONSTANTLY given training and courses to take. It was ridiculous. For sure every Month, if not weekly during CBT (Computer Based Training).

I know the Police is not the same as Military due to the UCMJ, but I'm hoping more training can be done so that YouTubers dont embarrass Police for not knowing Constitutional Law.
      07-22-2022, 08:32 PM   #6401
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: M4 Comp

This video is the problem with liberal cities like Seattle. The police are incapacitated and are literally afraid to take action against complete maniacs.

I am so enraged watching this and the K9 Officer losing his life.

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 09:37 PM   #6402
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
This video is the problem with liberal cities like Seattle. The police are incapacitated and are literally afraid to take action against complete maniacs.

I am so enraged watching this and the K9 Officer losing his life.

That is so hard to watch. It happens more often than is reported. Failure to commit to action is a detriment to officer/deputy.
Appreciate 2
Tyga113235.50