New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-21-2020, 09:02 PM   #67
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i'm 29, i have never owned a wallet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
vreihen1615122.50
King Rudi13154.00
upstatedoc7555.50
      04-21-2020, 09:04 PM   #68
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
Rep

Drives: M6, E70, E71

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
... do you just carry around your credit cards, id and money around loosely?
He must have another accessory for the function.
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Son’s
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-21-2020, 11:08 PM   #69
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep

Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

I have been using Rip Curl's leather wallet .It even comes with a bottle opener which is useful
      04-22-2020, 01:58 AM   #70
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep

Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

Still got this :Name:  unnamed.gif
Views: 1414
Size:  70.7 KB
Who remembers this...lol back In the 80's in to the 90s

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
DETRoadster11456.00
      04-22-2020, 02:23 AM   #71
premier3is
Major
Rep

Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

I have a black leather Nautica wallet that I've had for the past like 15 years lol. Still looks new, have no idea how.

Been contemplating getting a new black Gucci wallet that I like, but can't justify spending 430 dollars for it...
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-22-2020, 03:03 AM   #72
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
My son is 14, HE has a wallet!

His learners permit, debit card and a photo of his M2
Hope he also has a job that paid for the LV
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
NEfan5082658.50
premier3is1628.00
      04-22-2020, 07:19 AM   #73
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Quote:

He works with me during the summer, cleaning up my job sites, another plus is he gets to observe my projects before during and after.

When he's older he will do more.

Honestly he isn't into name brands just the quality, he likes well made things and yes it's a splurge but he will have it for year(s) keeps the memory of that Paris holiday fresh every time he opens it
Appreciate 2
      04-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #74
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceGavin View Post
Had a couple coach ones, they just died too quick. Switched to dango awhile back. Love it! Tempted to order another just for variety, not used to a wallet lasting this long.
My last Coach wallet lasted about 5 years before I retired (gave it to my youngest boy) it, although it was looking pretty rough the last year/year and a half. I'll most likely pick up a Secrid and a Dango.

Quote:
I have over 50 active cards? I think? But those are kept @ home in the "card jar"
Mix of business and personal credit cards and charge, maybe an old blockbuster card too?!?

I only Cary my drivers, medical card and one CC in my thin card wallet, I've had this blue Gucci since 1998, my wife gave it to me as we were going out because she knew I did not like my bulky timberland canvas tri fold (heavy) I still have that too (someplace)

I like it because it's low profile, yes it's falling apart but that's fine
I can't wrap my mind around why you wouldn't want to carry that jar around with you. Maybe in a fanny pack....for our friends in or from the UK, my apologies, I believe you blokes call it a bum bag.

Quote:
I use one of these in my front pocket; https://hellbentholsters.com/product-category/wallets/ Version 2.5 red carbon
I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i'm 29, i have never owned a wallet.
Get with the program young man. Are you about to tell me that you've never owned a watch next? Blasphemy. Go buy a damn wallet. It's right of passage.

Quote:
Cool story.... do you just carry around your credit cards, id and money around loosely?
Curious about this as well.

Quote:

.....along with an inflated ego to match that LV at 14. Sir, you might be ruining your kids. Let them have that LV but let them work for the money to pay for it. I'm 43 and don't have LV anything. No offense brother and not trying to tell you how to parent and good for you for being in a place where you can do this for your kids but reality will hit them hard in their early 20's...unless you continue to keep them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
He must have another accessory for the function.

......wait, we may not be on the same page. But then again, we might just be. Does, said accessory require a balloon for...."clean" extraction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
I have been using Rip Curl's leather wallet .It even comes with a bottle opener which is useful
I used to have a wallet that had a money clip with a bottle opener. Very useful and also extremely uncomfortable in the back pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange fever View Post
Still got this :Attachment 2291382
Who remembers this...lol back In the 80's in to the 90s
I had 2 of these. One had G.I. Joe on it and the other had Optimus Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
I have a black leather Nautica wallet that I've had for the past like 15 years lol. Still looks new, have no idea how.

Been contemplating getting a new black Gucci wallet that I like, but can't justify spending 430 dollars for it...
I can relate. I still feel stupid for paying what I paid for the last 2 Coach wallets, but it equates to about $50/year; which is what I would pay if I bought a cheap wallet every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Glad I'm not the only one.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 08:22 AM   #75
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
He works with me during the summer, cleaning up my job sites, another plus is he gets to observe my projects before during and after.

When he's older he will do more.

Honestly he isn't into name brands just the quality, he likes well made things and yes it's a splurge but he will have it for year(s) keeps the memory of that Paris holiday fresh every time he opens it
You beat me to the response. You can't say that he isn't into the names. When I was younger and couldn't afford nice stuff, I bought cheap shit and removed the name. I'd rather have no name stuff than to advertise that I bought the cheap shit. If you have any high-end items, you may not want to flash the name, but I can assure you, it means something. You could find an equally well made product for less than half the price if the name means nothing to him. If all I had to do was clean a job site and observe for some LV, count me in.

In all seriousness, good for you. We all want to be able to provide a certain lifestyle for our kids.
Appreciate 1
NEfan5082658.50
      04-22-2020, 08:25 AM   #76
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

My Bellroy leather wallet is going on 8 years old and still looks darn near new. No leather cracks, no stitches pulled. Super happy with it. https://bellroy.com/explore/slim-your-wallet
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-22-2020, 08:28 AM   #77
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
My Bellroy leather wallet is going on 8 years old and still looks darn near new. No leather cracks, no stitches pulled. Super happy with it. https://bellroy.com/explore/slim-your-wallet
Very cool. Looking at them now!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #78
9M71
Major
Rep

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

TUMI RFID Wallet - preferred this texture over leather just to change things up. Had it for 2-3 years now and minimal wear. RFID has saved me from getting double charged from the new NYC subway "tap" payment readers :-)

https://amzn.to/2Kr9hyQ
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-22-2020, 08:49 AM   #79
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

My husband need a new wallet and our anniversary is coming up. He likes a front pocket carry & one with the money clip on the back but a thin clip & he typically carries 3-4 cards, DL, & ins card. The one he has now is so tight you have to tug and nearly rip your nails off to get the cards out. I see the pictures some of y'all have posted but can't tell how many cards your carry. Right now his is royal blue & black. He would maybe like the carbon fiber look as well.

I'm open to spending a little more money for something nice that will last. I've clicked on a few of the links & the ridge looks nice. I also saw an amazon version someone posted. I obviously don't carry one of these. Do the wallets like this get wider as you as more cards?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #80
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 2019 M2C

His ego is not what you think (very down to earth) yes it's expensive but he (payed for it) he had a "looney tunes kids checking account" since 6 years old from our credit union (teaches him to save) #DCU

He knows about working, balancing: spending and saving for nice things.

when he was @ the store in Paris he liked this wallet best because it did not scream LV, very low profile but same good quality standard.

No big print, no chrome LV just his name on the inside embroidered (few hundred bucks)

On his first true car I will match what ever he saves, his goal is a creampuff E46 M3 for $20k'ish (he's saving now)

Edit: he already has the bmw itch like I did in the 1980's/90's
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-22-2020, 09:11 AM   #81
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M4N71U View Post
TUMI RFID Wallet - preferred this texture over leather just to change things up. Had it for 2-3 years now and minimal wear. RFID has saved me from getting double charged from the new NYC subway "tap" payment readers :-)

I like that. Add another contender to the list. Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
My husband need a new wallet and our anniversary is coming up. He likes a front pocket carry & one with the money clip on the back but a thin clip & he typically carries 3-4 cards, DL, & ins card. The one he has now is so tight you have to tug and nearly rip your nails off to get the cards out. I see the pictures some of y'all have posted but can't tell how many cards your carry. Right now his is royal blue & black. He would maybe like the carbon fiber look as well.

I'm open to spending a little more money for something nice that will last. I've clicked on a few of the links & the ridge looks nice. I also saw an amazon version someone posted. I obviously don't carry one of these. Do the wallets like this get wider as you as more cards?
I don't own one so I can't speak from experience but it looks like it has an elastic band that keeps everything together and expands as you add cards.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 09:17 AM   #82
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M4N71U View Post

I like that. Add another contender to the list. Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post

I don't own one so I can't speak from experience but it looks like it has an elastic band that keeps everything together and expands as you add cards.
Yeah, I'm looking at them now. He has always been a money clip guy but they have the strap option. He is a cash carrier & they have the option to buy both the money clip & strap for $10 more. May go that route & let him play with it.

How hard are these ridge wallets? His is leather right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 09:31 AM   #83
corn18
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
2014 Jeep Wrangler 2D  [0.00]
2015 Chevy 2500HD  [0.00]
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
His ego is not what you think (very down to earth) yes it's expensive but he (payed for it) he had a "looney tunes kids checking account" since 6 years old from our credit union (teaches him to save) #DCU

He knows about working, balancing: spending and saving for nice things.

when he was @ the store in Paris he liked this wallet best because it did not scream LV, very low profile but same good quality standard.

No big print, no chrome LV just his name on the inside embroidered (few hundred bucks)

On his first true car I will match what ever he saves, his goal is a creampuff E46 M3 for $20k'ish (he's saving now)

Edit: he already has the bmw itch like I did in the 1980's/90's
I guess I shouldn't post a pic of the Burberry scarf I bought my daughter. Oh the horror! She still remembers exactly where we were and what we were doing the night we bought it in London. Just like your son's wallet.

BMW folks are a weird group. You don't need to defend your son or yourself.
      04-22-2020, 09:34 AM   #84
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

One thing I will say is that I've had 2 LV wallets... a cardholder and a full size wallet.

Both look cool but for the price but both are terrible quality. Both have the edges folding. Not sure I would buy another one.

I will stick to a nice small leather wallet next time that is nonbranded or maybe something cheaper like Coach.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 12:05 PM   #85
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

'Murica!!!

I cut out about 1/2 my cards because this one wouldn't stretch
Attached Images

DETRoadster11456.00
      04-22-2020, 01:48 PM   #86
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
'Murica!!!

I cut out about 1/2 my cards because this one wouldn't stretch
Yes! The old trucker wallet. I dig mine out every once in a while when I ride the boardtracker since it just feels "right".

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-22-2020, 02:22 PM   #87
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

I used to carry wallets... way back in my 20's. Nowadays, they are far to bulky to even consider. I have carried a slim card case that holds a couple of credit cards, my DL and a couple of bills. Always slim and compact. Like the one my lovely wife got me last year for my birthday. Love this thing!

04-22-2020, 02:37 PM   #88
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I used to carry wallets... way back in my 20's. Nowadays, they are far to bulky to even consider. I have carried a slim card case that holds a couple of credit cards, my DL and a couple of bills. Always slim and compact. Like the one my lovely wife got me last year for my birthday. Love this thing!

I knew you would be in here at some point. I had a similar card case that matched my Coach wallet and just never used it. It got gifted to the boy when I gave him the wallet.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13772.50